Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Helppp? Any input welcome (PC gaming/computer malfunction)

nerdfuck

The Magnificant

So here's the issue I'm facing, any thoughts or input from anyone would be great.

My gaming laptop had an issue the other day and I had to factory restore it to resolve the issue.

I wanted to play my Sims 3 but could not find the disc for it, so I hopped on origin where it is registered so I could just download it off of there.

At first the download took just a few seconds (which is a laugh) and then the computer gave me a runtime error when it tried to install. Now I went into my folders and deleted the initial download and re-downloaded the game, this time it took way more time to install so I was happy about that.

But after the download it gave me the runtime error again (the same one).

I even went into the downloaded sims folder and ran the installer through that, it got a little farther but gave me the runtime error again.

Not sure what would cause this?
Or, does anyone know where I can download the sims game online? I have my product key and all that I just need the actual download.

Any thoughts would be way appreciated.

( I don't think it's necessarily an issue with Origin, I believe it is he way my computer is trying to download it.. never faced this problem before.)

It is windows seven, I'm not on my computer right now so I wont have the exact error code until probably tomorrow... What do you think? It is a runtime error though, the problem seems to be with my computer. Either it isn't reading it correctly, or it isn't downloading it correctly to begin with. :/

I've never used origin before either though.

A runtime error could be a number of things - Missing a .NET framework, having too little (Or damaged) memory, or just a poorly programmed application.

Can you get your CD-key from Origin? If so, I would try registering the copy via Steam, and see if that works. Failing both of those, I found a torrent for the game with all expansions that removes all frontends, and it works about as well as the sims can be expected to~

I have the cd key, but I'm not sure that it will register on steam since it is already registered to origin,, kinda how I couldn't register it to the Sims 3 website since it was registered to origin. Super ridiculous.. Haha. I've been trying to download it since... Forever it feels like.

I will still give steam a try, but if that doesn't work how would I go about downloading the torrent?

Yeah, I tried Steam and it was a no-go, but I'm going to get the runtime error code for you in a few minutes.

Thank you for your help! The issue was resolved! It was an issue with my video card which was out of date since I restored my computer . :)

Back
Top Bottom