Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A bandits heart (Raiden and nightsorceress)

nightsorceress

Supporter
Supporter
Lily sat in her house that was hidden deep in the woods. It was the cabin she had grown up in with her father. Those were happier days when her father ran the group of bandits that lived out side of normal society. He taught of her everything he knew how to fight, how to steal, how to survive, and most importantly how to protect the others that lived out in the woods.

But today she had done something even her father never did. She captured the prince and was holding him in hopes of making the king realize how his people were suffering. She didn't know if it would work but it was a better option then a revolution, blood in the streets, Lily did not want to see anyone get hurt.

"You can't be serious." he'd say after a while of being blatantly quiet for hours how. He didn't like his situation, bound and chained to a post of sorts in a shabby cabin out in the forest. While he liked the woods he didn't like being penned up like some kind of stupid animal. "Just let me go already godsdammit." He swore at the bandit girl with a low growl, bristling under his mane of tawny hair and glaring at her with odd bluish-silvery eyes. He was handsome that's for sure with a fit, toned body that most women lusted after but he didn't seem to be playing it up at all and looked rather dirty and unkempt.

Lily looked up to the man that chained in the middle of her cabin. She had been sitting at a table writing and looking over papers for hours, she almost had forgotten the man was there. She set down her pen with a sigh and rose from the chair.

She walked slowly over to the man. her long raven colored hair tied back. Her purple eyes locked on him. she was a breath taking beauty, every man seemed to desire her but she didn't seem to noticed. "Look i am sorry about all this. But there was no other options" Lily kneel down in front of him "if you promise not to leave this cabin i will undo your chains"

"...That's something I'm not going to promise. I'm more liable to knock your block off and drag you back by your hair for your crime." He told her flatly, his eyes narrowing almost into slits dangerously. He continued to writhe against the chains, scratching himself up sure but he didn't seem to notice. His irritation was too high for him to really notice something small like that unless he messed up. "I want to know why you did this to start with and there's always better things to do stuff rather than making an enemy of virtually everyone." he said in a growl, sure she was beautiful but right now he was pissed off at her.

Lily sighed and stood up. "fine then have it your way" She took a seat at the table again but this time she was facing him. "just please stop moving your scratching yourself to ribbons." Lily sighed softly. There was no hatred in her voice. She probably would have acted the same way if she were him. Lily looked him in the eyes "to answer your question i am doing this because i can't stand to see people kicked from their homes anymore, starving to death, because you and your father taxes them to death!" Lily shook her head "and don't tell me there are better options cause i have tried them" She then rose from her chair turning her back to him. She lifted her shirt to show him burn marks and scars from being whipped "this is what your father thinks of the other options"

" A kingdom is an expensive thing to run. I doubt a mere peasant like you would understand." he said dismissively and stopped fidgeting around, it was getting him nowhere in the end. But he watched her display the burns and scars from being flogged. "That's because there are no other options." He shrugged. "either we get the taxes or things fall apart." He said. "It's not any of my business, if I were king things would be different." He hinted at possibilities for improvement...or worsening depending on what he really meant by the ambiguous statement.

"tell you what, i want you to look the parents of a child who died of starvation in the eye and tell them a kingdom is an expensive thing to run." Lily turned on her heels to face him. She adjusted her shirt again. "Maybe i should let you go a week with out food." She was angry now. He did not care about a damn thing "but now i would just be a monster like you and your father"

"Better to be a monster than a weakling." He spat at her and looked out the window again, trying not to drop his guard around her. He'd lost his own mother to that statement had been forced throughout his life to "be strong" in the only way he knew how. "I have done that before." He said. "I remember how amusing it was to see the ugly bitch start crying." he said to her with a falsely evil grin. Jaden himself was a victim as well but he didn't want to exhibit it, and he was enjoying prodding her, in his overconfidence that she wouldnt' follow through with any of those threats of hers.

He'd enjoyed making the woman cry because he'd known that his father was within earshot of it and surrounded by soldiers that would've killed anyone else without even so much as a change in expression. "If you don't like hwo things are done why the hell are you even remaining here."

It took everything in her not to punch him in the face. Her hands were in fists balled so tightly that her whole hand was turning white. She clenched her jaw. Finally after a long moment she drew a deep breath and shook her head "i will not give you the satisfaction of being cruel or trying to get me going." She then turned her back to him and moved back over the table and began working again. she ignored him.

"The world is not as nice and as fuzzy as you wish it were. People live to suffer and die lonely and forgotten by everyone else. It's no different based on social rank." he sighed eventually. "There is no such thing as happiness anymore. Mine died when my father killed my mother because she cared about me." Jaden said, trying to change his tone so he sounded completely heartless about it. "And he made me watch it happen as well, it was rather amusing watching her scream as they gave her the rite of the blood eagle." he said with a cruel, yet false laugh. "And in the public square too."

(I'm basically trying to push her buttons into total hatred so she's just as bad as everyone else. I can stop at anytime, just tell me when)

(Lol and i am trying to have her hate him so he could see how different people are)

"i know about your mothers desk" Lily said flatly not looking up from her papers. "my uncle was killed on that day. He was the only human being trying to save her" Once again she spoke plainly not giving into him "its to bad you have to laugh like that over her death, it was very well know how much loved her son." She then bean to hum to herself doing her best to ignore him.

"I don't believe that for a second. If she really loved me she'd have prevented herself from having me to start with." He said spitefully. "To live in teh shadow of someone like the king is a huge pain in the ass, he has more rules than you think." He said and noted her humming and kicked the wall befoer turning away, intent on ignoring her. "we're ging to get nowhere like this you know, He isn't going to do anythign because i'm missing. He'll just fuck some other whore and make her squirt out a new heir. I'm not really worth anything. You wasted your time."

"well if you want to change things so bad, why not stand with us, and stop fighting so hard against me" once again the tone remain flat. She thought maybe she was finally getting some where with him. Lily then returned to humming. and at some point her humming turned into singing. She had a voice of an angel.

"You expect me to agree with you even if we have the same viewpoints at times even after you knocked me out adn bound me up like a stuck pig and all this? yeah right." he sneered at her. "and I wouldn't change it for the better, I'd kill the old man and publically execute all my siblings, including teh infants in the town square." He said. "Id' paint this city red with the blood of my own family before I started on everyone else." he continued, trying to sound wicked. he listend to her singing for a moment before picking up a small rock with his feet and brought it to his hands and flicked it at the side of her head to make her shut up. "stop that caterwauling. its' hurting my ears." he lied.

She didn't know but all his life he'd been punished for showing interest in nicer things or even girls for that matter.

"pity for you then you will have a lonely miserable life like your father." She explained as she shuffled more papers. "and don't worry about your younger siblings, we will keep them safe from your father and you." That was one of the things she was working on his was how to get the innocent children out of the castle. She then continued to sing as if she did not feel the rock hit her head.

"I already do live a miserable, lonely life." Jaden said. "I just want it to end really but I can't even do that. It'd be better for everyone if I were to just die." He sighed sadly. "then again, nobody would care." He continued in a sort of depressed state. "And you can't. He's probably poisoned them with a chemical that only he can provide for them." Jaden said. "they'll have to have it everyday or they turn black in the face and die an agonizing and painful death." he continued and eventually shut up and just listened to her. He didn't understand this girl one damn bit. With everyone suffering she was still trying hard to make things better, but would they really be? It was only her perception she was working under.

"Why don't you just let me go. I'll walk out of here and we can forget we ever met each other. You might be pretty and sing rather nicely but I don't want to suffer having to see you or listen to you anymore, I might develop some uncomfortable feelings." He said in an irritated snarl.

Lily set down her paper and rose her seat. She walked over to him. She loomed over him for a long time with out saying a word just staring. as if she was deep in thought but yet there was no feeling or emotions on her face. then moved again going around behind him and untying him. then before he had a chance to move or say a word. "You have been given a choice on this day, you can return to your father, live a miserable life until you finally have the guts to kill yourself, or you can stay here. help us fix things and over throw your father. Then take your rightful place as king." Lily stared at him again "the choice is yours and yours alone."

He glared at her stoically and narrowed his eyes as he thought about the options offered to him, he did like getting under her skin. But he was bored with his life at the castle as just a figurehead while thet old man sat on his ass and held reign over pretty much everything. "You do know that If i were king things would be even worse right? It's not like i've learned better ways to do it myself." he pointed out to her and sighed. "but I dont' really want to have to go back either."

"well see then you are already different. If you wanted to go back that would mean you enjoy the way your father is doing things, but clearly you don't." Lily then offered him her hand to help him up off the floor. She was trying to have a truce between them, because he certainly could not stay and the two fought all the time it would do no good. "and you can be a better leader if you wanted to be, all you have to do is want to be"

"I don't know if could do any better. Afterall to some degree someone needs some education in ruling that you need to use. I've only had what I've seen the old man doing." he said as he got up off the ground and tried to stretch out as she hadn't cut him loose just yet. "But I'll give it a try though I suppose. anything for a pretty girl." he said, trying to give her a winsome smile.

(she already untied him)

Lily shook her head but smiled. "you need to want to change for yourself and your people. And i will be here to help you with that. and so will the others here" Lily tucked some of her long raven hair behind her ear finally softening around him. She wasn't so hard. "no i am sure you are hungry how about i get you something to eat and drink?"

"And how do you plan to do that? steal it?" He teased her and stretched out some and looked out a window. Clearly he was thinking about what she was saying and it nagged at him. "I guess I can try. But i'm not doing it for the people you hear me? I'm doing it for myself." He said with resolve.

"fine if thats what you need to say to be able to start to change" Lily smiled at him a moment then shook her head. "i'll be right back with food that we have either hunter for or grown" She then left him alone in her house as she went out into the little community that has come to develop in the woods. It took her about a half hour but finally she returned with cheeses bread and some roasted meat. "here you go"

He looked at her inquisitively and studied what she did, how she moved and all that and sighed a bit. Ok he had to admit that she was better looking then most of the noblewomen that his dad had tried to make him marry. "So what're you going to do now." he asked her and looked at the food but didnt' question it before starting to get down and dirty to eat it. His stomach had been arguing with his brain for the last couple hours and finally won out.

Back
Top Bottom