Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How we got here...

Nikolai Dagon

Planetoid
It starts with blood and darkness…

I can’t recall anything beyond it, not really, my sire says it will come back with time, even if it doesn’t, I think it might be ok… (It won’t)
…After all, I still got eternity ahead of me.

So blood…

That’s the very first thing I can remember, that’s the first thing I feel every dusk, the pain somehow comes afterwards, like the first crashing of waves you hear when you reach the beach, it was always there, before you were born, before humanity itself, but you couldn’t hear it, so it is like it didn’t existed, not until that moment, and then it’s the only thing you can think about once it’s there.

Gutted like a fish, how appropriate, considering everything, half drowned in a pool of my own and only the gods know how many more poor fools’ blood, I didn’t stop to count, wouldn’t had even if I could see them clearly, at first I was too busy suckling from her, drinking her precious Vitae (Her blood, so dark, so sweet and so slow, dripping like black sap into my mouth), even though my chest was open like someone had ripped my heart out, sometimes we joke that she did
(Sometimes I wish she had)

Mother Hydra, that’s what I call her now (Not to her face, never to her face), was standing there in the dark with me, holding me like a real mother would (Would she?), so thin and frail looking, shorter than me, younger looking too, if one isn’t careful, one might think her a very beautiful child, one however, would be very, very wrong…

…For she is Darkness, shrouds whipping about, like cloaks and bandages surrounding her tiny shape, blacker than the darkness itself somehow, deeper that the endless void, nothingness made matter and dread surrounding us both.

Mother said I was her beloved son and that I should help her find a safe place, somewhere dark a quiet for her to hide from the golden face in the sky.

Knowing nothing else, at least from my past, I nodded and told her I would find a place for us.

You see, she needs me (She is scared), she needs someone young, not just young looking, someone who knows how the world works now, someone she can trust (Someone she can control), someone that can go out to the bright and noisy city that she can’t stand and get what she needs, old things she likes, interesting news and even people, specially people (Prey)

She dressed me up like if I was an oversized doll (She still does), in all the best not so torn and not so bloody clothes of the rest (My friends?) and she sent me up to look around.

I didn’t recognize the empty streets (I still don’t), but now I know its Downtown, the Center of the City, and the place she ‘birthed me’ in (Murdered me) was an old and half-dilapidated house, one of those still stubbornly remaining from the bygone era when the City was smaller and wealthier, it took me a few blocks of rummaging for me to finally start seeing where I could get in without much risk, it probably would had taken me much longer if I hadn’t seeing the tall yet completely lightless building there, like the bones of some leviathan of old, it made me wonder why would it remain empty, and if it was, if it would be good for us

The tall buildings half-emptied are the nest of numerous squatters, that, some part of my mind knew as soon as I saw them (Was I one of them before?), so I started checking them, one by one, each place I thought it might be good, deep and dark and lonely

I found it in an old half-abandoned but still inhabited building, the big iron gate though heavy and secure, wasn’t exactly an insurmountable obstacle now, not when you can become darkness itself with but a thought, she would later call this intuitive usage of my Disciplines ‘prodigious’ (She actually called me ‘her Dark Prodigy’), within, I found not only a basement big enough to hide in without being disturbed but even more adequately an old and spacious cistern still being used

Deep, ever dark, wet and cold…

…In one word: Perfect

I took her there, wrapped in my jacket (The one she gave me), and we slipped in together, she took to the water like a fish (Or Squid more appropriately) and said it felt like home

Now she slumbers in it, in the water, in the darkness, eyes closed as if dreaming, forever dreaming of the void, listening and sliding through the shadows in the building, she is there, in every dark corner, in every old closet and within every dark room, learning and reclaiming her old power.

I keep to myself, when she needs me, she calls me, she murmurs my name in the blackness of night, I take her what she wants, some nights a golden ring, others a book on a particular subject, once and black cat, other times a pretty girl or a lowlife

Other times she sends me on missions, to ask about a particular person, a particular place, to break every third window on the building or to simply drown and old person in its sleep

Back
Top Bottom