Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Highschool of the Dead OOC

R

Rauk

Welcome to the Highschool of the Dead group RP OOC Chat!

Here, we can freely discuss any mechanics about the game, and work out any issues we may face.

One thing I believe we should come to a group decision on before we start, is whether we want an organized post order or sequence. Personally, I don't mind how the posting order goes, or whether it's organized or not, as long as we have a system that everyone is happy with, and it works efficiently without stepping on anyone's toes.

Some other things we can discuss is starting area, and how we plan to have our characters eventually meet up. Though this should probably come after everyone has their characters finished up and ready to roll.

Of course, any other ideas anyone has.. I would love to hear!

An established posting order certainly has its strengths and flaws over a more free-form style of posting. On one hand, things are kept fair and orderly, but on the other hand things can slow to a halt on the fault of a single person. I saw this happen to many role playing guilds on the Gaia forums during my years there. Sadly, there is no perfect posting system, so I'll take or leave it at what the rest group decides.

Area of convergence would certainly be discussed after the fact of character creation, but what about the larger area itself? Will we be in the heart of a large city? In a more sub-urban area? My vote goes toward a large city, or at least on the outskirts of one.

EDIT: My character images aren't really 'Anime', but they aren't photographic either. I hope they'll pass as acceptable.

Well given the title I figure the area of convergence would be the high school, most likely a common area in said high school.

Your guys' characters are looking great!

I'm kind of with Goose Quill, in favor of a large city. I think it will give more opportunity for eventfulness, and we can always go anywhere we want. As far as the title suggests, 'Highschool of the Dead' is merely that, a title. Though, a highschool would be a fun place to begin, or at least visit, since it would help maintain the atmosphere of the show somewhat. I had planned for my character to have been teaching a science class during the outbreak, so he would already be there to start with anyway.

Also, Goose, your images are fine by me! Use what you like. :) The only issue I would have honestly, is if somebody wanted to use pictures of a real person.

I think that I will need to edit Mila's backstory a little bit, but the general ideas of her character will otherwise remain the same. Anyway, if we want to begin the story actually in the high school then I will need to develop another character, which is fine! Perhaps one of Mila's younger sisters is one of Victor's students? I can use her to introduce Mila later when it makes sense, seeing as she is not a student nor school staff member.

What grades does Vic teach? I haven't decided on ages for either of Mila's sisters yet.

We all don't have to begin in the same place. ^_^ I want everyone to be able to play what they want to play. I believe Vic will be teaching an advanced physics course, or at least be a sub filling in for the sick original teacher, so I suppose the 12th grade, or senior class.

If you choose to go that route, where her younger sister is in Victor's class, that could work fine as well.

Where did all of our interest go? I'd be fine starting with what we've got and bringing more people into it later. We'll just need to work out the posting details.

Back
Top Bottom