Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Accidental Rescue[Myself and Cyra V]

Most thieves wouldn't plan for their job, simply wanting to do it quick and get the goods to prove their worth. Most thieves also end up in jail because they don't think about what might happen. The good ones know that the preparation is just as important as the execution, finding out any chance of getting caught, the best routes to your target, having an out if things get hairy. Celia was such a thief. Someone in the city had gotten her a lead on a particularly valuable item in the home of the local duke, and she wanted it. The duke was a fox, the item being some sort of old relic from their homeland. A deep desire for things like that had driven her to this life early on, and she'd gotten good at it. So, she set to stake out the mansion for a few days, finding the in's and out's, the proper times to strike, when and where she should make her move.

In the late evening a few days later, Celia slipped over the wall into the grounds of the mansion. She'd timed it out, and in a few minutes, a shift change provided the perfect path to slip to a window that was just off their route. Nothing had happened here in a while, which meant they would be lazy, inattentive, perfect for her. She was dressed in dark, tight clothing, her long, blonde hair tied back into a ponytail and slipped under the hood of her outfit. Hidden between two shrubs, she watched the men make their move. "Wait for it, wait for it," she murmured to herself, then shot up and away as she spotted it. They paused and turned in their change, talking about something or other and giving her a few precious moments to slip up to the ivy-covered wall. The agile human climbed the plants, giving her good spots to grab and step to get up to a balcony.

Exhaling and catching her breath, she dropped silently onto the white stone balcony. Reaching behind her back, her fingers perused through her tools of the trade. Her target was a long, thin rod to poke through the door to pull the curtain away, peeking at what was inside. It appeared to be a bedroom, not the master, as the bed was too small. A guest room, no, the daughter of the noble most likely. Wait, was that movement? Barely she could see something moving through the room, up to the bed. "Now? You're kidding me," she said, gritting her teeth as her eyes narrowed in anger. It was from the figure pulling out a dagger, flipping it a couple times and bringing it up. An assassin, targeting the duke's daughter, striking tonight of all nights, now of all hours. A split-second decision forced her to stand, barging through the door with all her weight, breaking the glass and slamming it against the wall, causing plenty of noise and startling the man, forcing him to take a step away from the bed. Celia pulled a throwing knife from a small belt on her leg that held a few of them, throwing it at the assassin to back him further away. The guards would surely be coming as fast as they could, and she hoped defending the girl would help deflect suspicion of why she was there.

Living life prim and proper, without getting into trouble and, by some extension, without going out much, was normal for Sera. The daughter of nobility, albeit somewhat lesser nobility, after all; that much was to be expected. Dictated. She had to grow up to continue the family name, perhaps rise further in the ranks if she could manage it. That was her life, and nothing outside it could be allowed. As such, she'd not even had contact with many, least of all those outside her own kin. Humans, for example; they'd always fascinated her somewhat, how people could seemingly get around just as well without a layer of fur to aid against the colder seasons.

Thus, she was something of a 'sheltered princess' in her own right, having others to help do most of the menial tasks she needed done while mostly coasting through life past having to learn a few things about society as a whole, and etiquette, and everything of that sort. Her bed was nothing less than was to be expected of such a position, even; large enough for two of her to comfortably fit with plenty of space, decorated in some of the finest cloths... everything of that sort. Soundly as ever she slept there, in her own place right in the middle of it (as she'd been ordered before, though she'd never really been told why). Well... she was sleeping soundly, at any rate, before her ears flicked suddenly to alert at the sudden sounds nearby. The pink-furred vulpine girl herself was not quite that quick to wake, sleepily assuming it might be some event somewhere outside she didn't know about that had gotten particularly noisy, but she was brought to pause midway through sitting up, garbed merely in a white nightgown, at the sight nearby. Then the tell-tale sounds of footsteps out in the hall, but... more importantly, naturally enough, was why were these people here? And... more than that, why was one a human?

"You..." she began to speak, before a trio of guards, wasting no time at it, barged suddenly in. The shrouded figure seemed to waste little time in beating their retreat, but two of the guards were nonetheless quick to grab the human girl; the closer target from the door as it was. "Wait!" she called out (albeit still somewhat sleepily), bringing the guards to quickly pause. "...take any weapons she has left and leave us. Stand by just outside if you must; I'm certain I'll be fine here now that the other is gone," she carefully added, pulling some of the blanket up to her chest for some further modesty beyond just the nightgown that was, in fact, slightly revealing. While one guard went to the balcony to check for the escaped figure, the other two moved to follow the order they'd been given and remove any further weapons they could see... so long as the female didn't resist, at any rate.

With that, the light blue eyes that matched the young vulpine's hair regarded the human girl curiously, slowly up and down along what little, indeed completely furless, skin she could see. "I suppose... I owe you for this much, for saving me, but even saying that, I won't be allowed to let you escape. But... what were you doing here?" she inquired, lowering the blanket a little again once the guards were gone.

In her efforts to stop the assassin, Celia didn't catch it as the guards barged into the room. In the movements she'd ended up closer to the front door, thus becoming their target. They came up from behind her, grabbing both her arms. She cursed, struggling against them as her head hung down. Damn her conscience. The assassin was quick to exit through the broken door, scaling the balcony and disappearing into the night. The blonde gave a deep sigh, she was done for. The relic was this close to her grasp, and now it would never be hers. This in mind, she was just as surprised when the fox told the guards to wait. Her head shot up, green eyes looking to her with confusion.

She...didn't want them to take her away? Her struggling stopped, though she jerked away at the points when the guards reached along her body to grab the knives and daggers she had on her person. They were a bit more handsy than they needed to be, but at least they weren't dragging her to jail. Satisfied that all of the weapons were gone, they gave Sera a bow and left.

Free from their grasp, her posture returned as she stood tall. Her eyes caught the young fox glancing along her body, causing her to tilt her head a bit curiously. She eyed the other girl herself, finding her fur color interesting, a nice pink, contrasting her blue hair and eyes. Very pretty, and a nice body, showing itself some as the blanket dropped back down. "Thank you for doing what you could," she said. It didn't really matter if they saw her now, so her gloved hands moved up to pull back the hood and pull her half-mask down. Her full face revealed to the fox girl, she shook her head to fully free her hair. A smirk crossed her face as the question was raised. "Maybe I've always admired you from afar and decided to make my move? Or...maybe I've got a bit of a naughty streak and thought I might see what this place had to offer."

Human indeed... as if what skin Sera could see wasn't already a very plain indication; none of her kin could possibly have such fair skin, even if they did for some reason shave themselves bare. That was... a curious thought in itself, but one that came only in passing. No way anyone would do that anyway, unless it was some sort of punishment. She... rather preferred not to think about that anyway; no doubt she'd be utterly miserable without her own coat of fur.

Still, though... furless though she was, the young fox had to admit the other female was attractive, in her own right. The blonde hair, the green eyes... the shape of her body she couldn't quite make out as it was now, but she'd little doubt it had its fair curves. And... a question that went only vaguely answered, if it was answered at all. Whatever was the case, this human girl didn't belong here, not in the least, but here she was nonetheless. The 'why', it seemed, would just have to elude the vulpine for now.

"There are... surely better ways to 'make your move', so to speak, than sneaking into one's bedroom... unless you were intending to... erm..." she spoke, before cutting herself off into silence and suddenly tugging the blanket up again enough that it would hide the red tint no doubt coming upon her face. No, she couldn't let her thoughts stray in that sort of direction; it wasn't anything close to proper!

"I-I mean... you broke in, regardless of your reasons, and I can't just let you go; even if I wanted to, there's no way I'd be allowed to. So... I'll have you serve me here. It won't even be long, and only for simple tasks, but... rather that than other punishments that the guards and my father would no doubt prefer to inflict on an intruder..." she somewhat thoughtfully spoke, before tilting her head slightly to the side, her gaze cast on one of the other female's hands. "Erm... I'm Sera, by the way... might I at least have your name, since you'll likely be staying here for some time? And, erm... c-can I... feel? Your hand, I mean... I've never... come across a human here before, and I'm rather curious..." she timidly requested, her eyes remaining unmoving from that fixed point of attention.

Celia chuckled as the girl spoke, apparently falling for her little teasing joke. She'd even blushed, hard as it was to tell through the fur, the reaction of her pulling up the blanket again was pretty clear she'd been embarrassed. Celia couldn't help but wonder how much this girl got out, how much outside the mansion she saw in a day, or even a week. Well, no matter what, she seemed to be at this fox girl's mercy, what influence she had over her father the deciding factor in her fate tonight.

She gave a light groan, face scowling as the girl said she would have her basically become a servant. It faded fast, now more of a blank look on her pretty face. At least it wasn't prison, or worse. A few weeks or months of helping out the girl put on her big dresses or whatever and she'd be home free. Moving to the bed with a nod and slight giggle, she reached to pull off her gloves, each of them sliding away and put into one of her pockets. One of her hands traced the blanket as she moved closer to Sera, wanting to see how comfortable it was. That...felt really good. "Celia. It's nice to meet you, even with the strange circumstances," she said, reaching her hand out to the young noble for her to shake and feel. The thief was curious as well about her own body, at least how her fur felt. As weird as it was for Sera to imagine not having it, she felt the same about basically having a blanket attached to your body at all times.

This female didn't like the prospect, Sera could tell from that reaction, but... it didn't matter, really. There wasn't exactly a choice here; it was the best mercy she could offer. The human girl had no doubt saved her life, yes, but she was still trespassing; there would still need to be a punishment for that.

Still, her thoughts didn't linger on that for very long, but rather the curiosity she hoped to be sated. That would be sated, she couldn't help but assume with the way the other female moved onto the bed, inherently closer already, and even removed both of those gloves. Giving a small nod as the girl, Celia, introduced herself, she ultimately paid that little mind. Instead, she let the blanket lower again, part of her chest open to the slightly revealing nightgown... not that she minded that much. It wasn't one of her kin, but it was still a female in her with her; surely it would be fine. So ignoring the fact that she was partly revealed in such a way, she instead carefully reached out a soft-furred hand toward the human's nearest furless hand. Ever so gently she brushed a few fingertips, then her full hand, across the back of it. It was... certainly unusual, she had to admit, enough for her hand to stray a bit further, along the wrist and up across part of the forearm, before the fox suddenly caught herself and tore her hand away.

"I-it's... certainly unusual... is it even comfortable being without fur? Especially in the colder seasons..." she curiously inquired, finally turning her gaze back to the other female's eyes. "Nonetheless... there's room, so I suppose you can stay in here, just for tonight after I inform the guards that you'll be working as my servant for a time after tonight's events, since there's not exactly time to prepare another room nearby properly..." she thoughtfully suggested. "The better perhaps for getting at least a little used to each other, since we'll be spending some time together over this next period..."

Celia couldn't help but smile as Sera took her hand, feeling along her fingers and then moving along to her palm and wrist, and to her forearm. Her eyes couldn't help but linger down as the blanket fell once more, the nightgown giving a decent view of her furred torso and leaving little to the imagination, though, she'd never seen someone like her naked, she was definitely curious. It was interesting to feel her own hands, the soft pink fur along her fingers and arm as she slid them along her own to see how her furless skin felt. It was cute, she was innocent, curious about the girl, it seemed she was indeed quite sheltered, being this interested in a human and her skin. Maybe this could be fun after all, Sera looked like she could use some life experience.

She giggled, pulling her hand back after Sera pulled her own away. "Well sure, I can always layer up though. I'd worry about you in the summer, always having that fur on seems like it would get hot with the sun beating down," she said, meeting Sera's gaze with her green eyes. "Yes, I suppose you should inform them of your new servant. I'm all right with staying here, don't worry about fixing up anything too fancy for me, I don't need much," she said, standing up and moving around the bed. Her hands moved to her dark clothing to start slipping it away to get ready for bed. While easily a night owl, she could do with some sleep. Tomorrow would probably bring an early morning now that she would be serving the noble girl.

If the fox noticed where that gaze was going... well, she couldn't have, really, so preoccupied as she was. Perhaps it was just for the better that way, along with her not even noticing how much her nightgown unfortunately revealed. Still, Sera's head tilted to the side in some consideration at Celia's next comment, her eyes wandering up to the ceiling in some thought for a moment. "I suppose, but it's rather better for me than those with darker fur colors or still thicker fur, I think. I've only to wear something light and I'm usually fine," she thoughtfully considered. "Right, though, th... erm, th-the guards..." she nervously spoke upon seeing the other female begin to undress. She was certain she shouldn't be quite so nervous; it was still just another female, the same gender as her. That was how it was supposed to be, she thought, but it was still but one of a rare few times anyone ever had undressed around her...

With that especially, she was rather glad for the distraction, practically darting out of bed to crack the door open and inform the guards that Celia would be staying with her for the night, and would need a room prepared the following day. Letting out a slight, calming breath as she quietly shut the door again, she returned to the bed, only to carefully divide the pillows such that there were some for each side, rather than focusing them in the center where she normally slept. "I do have to ask ahead of time, though... what do you normally do? For an occupation, or during the day or for fun, or... anything of that sort, really..." Sera curiously asked, turning once she was under the covers so that she was facing her current guest.

"Yeah, yours is pretty light, so it can't be too bad. It's pretty," she said, offering the compliment with a smile. Celia continued undressing as the fox girl hurried off to the door, finding a chair for her things. This stuff wasn't exactly high society wear, she might have to find something else to wear in the morning, unless Sera wanted her new servant to walk around the manor in a tight, all black suit with clear holsters for weapons. Even seeing it at a time other than the dead of night would be odd for her, usually she had it hidden away with her other tools. Slipping out of it and folding it up, she set it down in the chair. In just her bra and panties, she slipped under the covers of the bed.

Thanking her for the pillows, she laid back to get comfortable. It certainly wasn't hard with this bed, she never wanted to leave after finding the perfect spot, smiling and giving a content sigh. "Hm? What I do..." she said, turning her head to look at Sera. "Uh, well, I like to keep in shape, I enjoy art, for a living I...help law enforcement test the efficiency of their training," she said, a smirk on her face, all technically true. "What's a young noblewoman like you do for fun? I bet you've had some great parties here."

Blinking in curiosity, Sera could hardly help but inwardly consider that point about aiding the law enforcement, her eyes taking on a contemplative look as she did. So that... surely made her a good person, right...? But... she'd snuck in here for some still unclear reason, on the other hand. That... she... bah. The young fox honestly couldn't wrap her head around whatever the truth of it might be, but for now, she chose to trust this human well enough. The fact was she had saved her, and hadn't done anything bad yet (that she could tell); it wasn't wrong to trust her at least a little, was it?

"Well... not many of those, honestly. I read, I suppose, and enjoy music occasionally, but otherwise I primarily remain here, awaiting whatever day I can marry upwards and further my family's name. I am a female noble, after all; such is our job," she answered, in a way that said that this was all she really knew and she saw nothing inherently wrong with it, having been raised upon it. "It's a fairly simple life, really, and we only have such as parties here very rarely, so I apologize if you might end up bored having only cleaning and helping me dress and undress for tasks to be done here," she added, her expression appearing genuinely apologetic. No doubt this girl had her own fun, whatever precisely that entailed, in the world outside the confines of the manor; a place beyond that which she herself could reach. Such was just how it was for someone in her position.

"If there is something you'd like any time, though, I could see if I might be able to arrange it, so long as it's reasonable; even if you did intrude in here, it still doesn't seem right to practically hold you prisoner," Sera offered with a light smile, her continued curiosity eliciting her to reach a hand out to rest softly on one of Celia's own hands.

Celia frowned, looking at the girl like she was crazy as she spoke. Such is our job? That...seemed extremely sad. More so that she had seemed to just accept that her goal in life was to find someone higher up in the nobles than they were. There was so much more to it than sitting around waiting for some guy to visit and then just marrying him to make your family name seem more important. Maybe she would have another job here than temporary servant. She wasn't going to be able to handle staying here for a long while under such boring conditions.

She smiled back, Celia could tell she was a kind girl, perhaps just a bit sheltered. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, since she'd be spending most of her time helping out Sera. "Now that you mention it, would it be possible for us to go to my place tomorrow and grab some things? Since I wasn't exactly expecting this, all I have is the clothes I was wearing. Well, that and the things your guards took from me," she said, unable to help but frown a bit thinking about it. The weapons and tools they'd taken from her had taken a while to acquire, she'd either have to find them and steal them back or start a new collection; the former sounded much better.

"Oh... oh! Yes, of course... I'm sorry, I didn't actually consider that..." Sera nervously admitted, shying a bit further under the covers to hide some of that nervousness that had in turn manifested as a red tint on her cheeks. "Er... I'm not sure how much my father would allow, but we should be able to go there tomorrow, under the company of a guard, for such a thing as just that. Although some clothes will no doubt be provided for you; I don't think people would like it much if you went around here wearing... er... common clothes..." she spoke, continuing to hide (or at least try and hide) her nervousness even then. She probably had to do something about that, but what was she supposed to do? She wasn't used to interacting with other people very much, not especially when they had things they needed...

Hm... that was an awfully selfish thing to think, on some reflection...

"One last thing before we sleep, though... what do you... think of me so far? I kind of... want to hear something like that from you, a regular person, as a person who can maybe influence things in the court, at least a little... I at least don't want to be someone most people would look down upon..." she hazarded asking, her blue eyes gazing almost pleadingly at Celia.

Well, half wasn't so bad, right? They would get to go into the town and to her place to grab some things, but of course under the supervision of one or more of those lovely guards. That made sense when she thought it, she supposed, that they wouldn't exactly trust the girl they'd caught sneaking into the mansion with Sera alone, in the town, with the commoners and such. Still could be nice, she'd have to be a bit careful about what they saw in her place. Celia looked to the fox with a smirk, chuckling a bit. It was a bit rude, but she chalked it up to the girl's upbringing again. This was all she seemed to know, how to be a noblewoman, what to wear and how to talk to not dishonor or embarrass anyone.

"Well I've only just met you, but I think I'm an honest person, so here goes. I think you're a good person, trusting, and caring. I think you're a bit naive, and you barely know what's outside these manor's walls. Like I said, we've only just met. I look forward to getting to know you," she said, looking to her as she spoke, giving a nod at the end with smile. She was truthfully looking forward to it, and perhaps showing her what else life had to offer besides planning who she'd marry based on how it would make her family look.

"W-well... erm... I suppose that will be all... until tomorrow, then..." Sera spoke, with a slight smile of her own beside it. The girl didn't dislike her, so that was a start, at the very least. And she had to admit, she was rather curious what was... out there, even while she knew it was not a place for her, nor would she be allowed to freely explore it. Perhaps she'd be lucky enough to get a more lax guard, somehow, or at least be shown some things of interest... who knew. Whatever was the case, she unconsciously shifted a little closer to the other female as she began to drift off to sleep, her fingers closing gently over Celia's hand. It was different calmly sharing a bed like this with someone, human or otherwise; a bit comforting, even. Perhaps she'd have to a bit more often...

With such thoughts drifting slowly about her head, the fox herself drifted off to her usual, peaceful sleep. Despite the night's events, she woke up at the break of dawn, just as usual, with a light, tired yawn. Perhaps not quite enough sleep, considering, but... she'd manage, at least. There was breakfast to be had, after all, and perhaps a quick bath before she actually went out. Couldn't do to go out when any of her fur or hair might be at all messy, surely. "Nn... good morning. We should get up and dressed... breakfast should be nearly ready, and the tailors will need to measure you so they might have some new clothes to wear when we get back... and a bath before we leave would be called for, I think..." she somewhat sleepily spoke, albeit before she'd quite taken in where Celia was, or if she was here at all; merely operating under the assumption that she was still there.

Celia nodded, giving a shrug and settling into the bed. She'd asked, so the girl wanted to be honest. Like she'd said though, they'd only just met. It was just a first impression, perhaps a bit more because of their unique situation, but they'd be spending a lot of time together apparently so they would get to know each other well. It wasn't hard for her to get to sleep in this bed, comfortable as it was. Not that her own wasn't, but this blanket, the mattress, clearly it was the best of the best. Just as she was about to slip into unconsciousness, she felt the warmth of the fox girl as she slipped a bit closer to her, bringing a slight smile to her face as she went to asleep.

Celia grumbled a bit as words suddenly brought her back from the brink of dream land. She opened her eyes, just barely, as the light from the window hit them and causing them to shut again. "Yeah, let's get to it, I suppose," she said, yawning and stretching out. Up and at them early in this place, it seemed. She'd been up for a while planning and getting ready for the heist, and now getting up at dawn meant this would be a tired day for her. "Bath and breakfast sounds great, and it'll be nice to get some decent clothes, see how it is to live like this while I'm your servant," she said, slipping out from the blanket and stretching once more, her arms up over her head. "We should be close enough in size, do you have something I could wear to breakfast?"

Not much of an early riser, was she? Well... Sera supposed she'd probably get used to that. Then again, she probably couldn't suppose much on that point, since it was all she herself knew, but... anyway. Right, she'd... not thought of everything again, had she? She'd been considering the clothes Celia came in with, but those would be... less than satisfactory, no doubt. If it was sharing, though, she supposed that could work, as long as the clothes did indeed fit. Just... nothing like pants, not that she had much of those in the first place.

"Yes, of course... and you could wear what you came here with after when we go out, if you wish... I'm sure it would be rather more comfortable for you for walking through the city than a dress..." the fox offered. Picking herself steadily up out of her bed, she allowed herself a leisurely stretch, showing off perhaps a bit more than she was aware of, before making her way over to her wardrobe off to the side and opening the doors to it, to a decent variety of dresses in reds and pinks and whites, and a bare few in light blues. "I suppose you can... feel free to pick which one you wish to wear for now, and if you could... help with the strings and straps and such on the back, I can do the same for you," she offered, glancing back to the strap of her own bra that she'd need to change and, sadly, wasn't certain how to remove this way; sheltered life, after all. And her nightgown, for that matter, that she was forced to remove now for the purpose of changing, leaving a light red tint on her cheeks. They were both female, sure, but she still only barely knew Celia; it was only natural to be a little shy about it, surely?

Back
Top Bottom