Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Darker side of Disney... (Little Mermaid/ Mermaid Plot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay!

I mentioned this briefly in a plotline in my other threads but I'm so desperate to play it out that I wanted to dedicate an entire thread to it in the hope some lovely person will want to play it out with me!!

---
Okay so before we start...
1) You must be literate/ semi-lit
2) I don't demand long posts...just not one liners.
3) I play in THIRD person only
4) I am so desperate to play this one that i'm extending my usual rp posting to: YIM (preferred), email (second) and PM (third)
---

So introduction I guess...firstly the little mermaid will not look like Ariel, I have picked the character look out already and I'm pretty set on it so meet my 'Vanessa' : Vanessa (Mermaid)

So those who are not familiar with the story i'll give you a bit of background. Vanessa had always been taught to despise humans, because they had been the reason her Mother had been killed when she was still just a child. Her Father is Kingdom of the ocean and resents them for what they did to his wife. However Vanessa has a secret that she had kept from him for eighteen years now, she is fascinated by the human world, and not just that, but humans themselves. Ever since she was ten years old she had risen to the surface to seek out new human ways and objects that she could keep. Shipwrecks and dropped items provided that.

Now one night when she is at the surface she witnesses a terrible storm, that ends in a shipwreck and a man nearly drowning. Unbeknownst to her he is a Prince. She cannot stand to see him die, so despite her Father's anger and hatred towards humans, and the risk that she could get caught she drags his unconscious body from the water and leaves him on the land, speaking to him to try and wake him (I won't put you through any of the singing musical shit :') ). He stirs, and catches a glimpse of her face before she hears the rest of the crew running over to him, and manages to get back into the water without being spotted, and whilst she knows it's ridiculous, whilst she had not only saved the Prince's life, she had fallen for him.

Unbeknownst to her she is being watched by a powerful sorcerer (Ursula in the film but I'm gender switching to male). He had been banished for using magic to his own accord and destroying lives, and holds a loathing for the King. And what better way then to hit him where it hurt? His daughter. Seeing she is helplessly in love with the Prince, yet unable to tell anyone about what she has done he sees a window of opportunity. So when he lures her into his cave at the sea bed and makes her an offer of swapping her fins for human legs she thinks it's too good to be true and it is. He gives her three days to make the Prince fall in love with her. Now this is the part that's up to you...she can either lose her voice for the entire three days, or she can keep her voice and just not be able to speak about anything to do with her previous life, or saving him through the shipwreck. If she manages to gain his love then she will remain a human permanently, but if not, she turns back into a mermaid and belongs to him.

After hesitating, Vanessa almost reluctantly signs a contract that binds this, and is given human legs, with no inclination on how to use them or what human custom is really like.

This can go either of two ways but I would really like the sorcerer present for both. The Prince can either fall in love with her...yet she still becomes a mermaid again because of the rage of the sorcerer for losing. Or the Prince can love her and not say anything, thus she turns back into a mermaid and is dragged back down to the ocean to meet her fate.

---

Now this is quite a drawn out role, and it is a must that you can play both the human prince and the dark sorcerer...or else there's really no point.

--
I really want to play this out so please PM me if you're interested!!!

Hope to hear from you soon!
A x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom