Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

East End Neighbors OOC

The image I want to use is too large so I am linking it in the title. The image is the building complex where the four main families live.

East End is a fictional coastal suburb in Chanceborough, California. The roleplay’s storylines concern the domestic and professional lives of the people who live and work in Chanceborough. Primarily centering around the families of East End, a cul-de-sac, Seaview Circle. I’m accepting four families to live in the apartment building, Coast, and any other families or characters can live in other parts of Chanceborough.

I want to keep an open concept so you have complete freedom to introduce any family composition you desire, and add any plot lines you wish to roleplay with them. As well as introduce any location of interest that you wish to work in or have control over. Everyone will work on mingling our characters and discussing the plots.

We’ll be playing families (adults and young adults), this way we can interact on many levels. Everyone should play multiple characters, even if you wish to only have one main character, the other characters are there to help move your plot along. Minor characters like NPC that only you control are allowed at your discretion.

I won’t be providing a character skeleton for you to complete, so write something basic like face claims (real people only), jobs, age, and the general description one would see upon meeting someone, the rest can be revealed as people get to know one another. If you want to add other details you can.

My biggest pet peeve is don’t disappear without warning me. Please give me a heads-up that you will be away or that you wish to quit. This way I can take over your characters and move them along so that nobody else is stuck waiting on you to post.

You agree by joining this roleplay that when you quit I have complete authority over your characters, and therefore you forgo any chance of recovering them if you decide to come back.

Please write in 3rd person, even if you are not comfortable doing so try your best. You are here to tell the story of your character(s), and you will find that in 3rd person you have more freedom in how their story is told.

I consider this roleplay High-Casual. No one liners ever! I want to see the minimum of 3 paragraphs, 5 sentences each. More will be wonderful, but I understand sometimes our minds get block - but if the roleplay is good, you will most likely have plenty to write about.

Post as often as you like but don’t overshadow other players who want to tell their story too. On that note, posting is a minimum of twice a week - if you disappear for a week without a heads up I will take over your character and chances are you won’t be allow back. A week is seven days from your last post.

Follow plot lines. Every plot will have a sequence of events that revolve around an attempt to solve a problem or attain a goal. The story goal, is generally speaking, what your character wants to achieve or the problem he/she wants to resolve. It is also the goal/problem that involves or affects the other characters in the story.

Balancing sex scenes - This roleplay is more storyline than smut. I feel that sex is something people do but it is never the main plot. However, we are on a mature adult roleplaying site so I want sex in my characters lives, but a character cannot live on sex alone. So be mindful how you start up and write a sex scene, it should be intricate to the storyline and characters.

Characters involve in sex must be 18 years-old. Sex must be consensual between the characters. If a plot involves a rape, there is no need to describe the act in detail, it should go into fade mode - if you wish you can go into PMs and keep it between the players involve.

The roleplay setting is real life not fantasy so every action, law breaking act, immoral act, and unethical behavior will have consequences and will be dealt with at one point or another.

Follow BMRs rules at all time.

Follow basic roleplaying rules.

Character Profiles: Visit EENs character thread so that you can have an idea of who you will interact with. Then come back here to discuss possible character goals/problems, and work on plotlines.

EENs IC Page: The official page is on hold for a few more days. I want to see if we can get more interest and give people time to discuss plotlines.

Please use the OOC page to meet your playing partners and talk about anything regarding our roleplay. Should you have any questions here is the place to ask them. And last but not least thank you for your interest, I look forward to our interaction.

You're going to rob me of my sleep, aren't you? ;) This is going to be fun.

I like the rules about posting frequency and absences. We should all post our absences, etc. in the OOC so that we can organize interactions and plot bunnies. Unfortunately too many BMR groups RPs seem to drop off, but if we can maintain a healthy OOC community banter then I believe we can cut that off at the pass and make this thrive.

Are there any positions that are not up for grabs? For instance, do you want to maintain the main power figures of the city, like the mayor, the police chief, etc.? Or are those all available for claiming?

The apartment complex seems pretty high end. Is Chanceborough kind of like a San Diego setting; city life near the ocean with a lot of glamor and money floating around? I'm trying to get a feel for the site and what kind of environment we get to play in.

I'm going to go work on my characters and try to have them posted today. Hopefully they'll garner some interest for interactions.

Thanks for putting this together!

This is set up in a really interesting way so far. Like Traveler, I have a few queries about the kind of world this is, but I'm definitely on board.

I am starting working on my character bios.

Traveler said:
You're going to rob me of my sleep, aren't you?

Absolutely! :)

Traveler said:
I like the rules about posting frequency and absences. We should all post our absences, etc. in the OOC so that we can organize interactions and plot bunnies. Unfortunately too many BMR groups RPs seem to drop off, but if we can maintain a healthy OOC community banter then I believe we can cut that off at the pass and make this thrive.

I agree. A healthy, active OOC will give fruit to a well balanced roleplay. Communication is a key ingredient to to the latter. I honestly though the rules had scared some of you away, but I'm glad to see I was wrong.

Traveler said:
Are there any positions that are not up for grabs? For instance, do you want to maintain the main power figures of the city, like the mayor, the police chief, etc.? Or are those all available for claiming?

All positions are open to grab, you can roleplay the mayor, or the police chief, but you can't be both. I want you to have the option of introducing any role you want and fill any position you want to roleplay, but I also want you to consider it a goal for your character first. So you start out as a police man first and work your way up, or maybe you are an ambitious state's attorney, or shrewd businessman running for the mayor's seat.

Traveler said:
The apartment complex seems pretty high end. Is Chanceborough kind of like a San Diego setting; city life near the ocean with a lot of glamor and money floating around? I'm trying to get a feel for the site and what kind of environment we get to play in.

Yes, I would say it is very close to lovely San Diego in it's own appeal. Chanceborough can be a fictional copy of San Diego. I think it provides everyone a greater image of the environment we'll be playing in.

SunSwimmer said:
...Like Traveler, I have a few queries about the kind of world this is, but I'm definitely on board...

I'm happy to have you on board. :)

well i posted my characters and iam so in hehe i had to create a money hungry family hehe

Excellent! Some of the links are broken in your character sheets. They look pretty good though - I can tell that you put some good thought in them.

groans they are from photobucket i guess i will go find more pics for them by same actor and just use google lol

Traveler said:
Fourteen more days until this thread starts, unless Ghostwriter returns beforehand. Have fun making characters; the more the merrier!

I'll plan on posting an IC thread beginning 11/17.

I'm still waiting until Monday to start the IC thread off. We had decided that 30 days was enough time to wait for Ghostwriter to return, and she's been AWOL since 10/17/14. As long as we have 3 players I will start the IC off, otherwise you are right, Wildcat - this RP is as good as dead.

I find it ironic that one of Ghostwriter's first rules in the first post of this thread was:

Ghostwriter said:
My biggest pet peeve is don’t disappear without warning me. Please give me a heads-up that you will be away or that you wish to quit. This way I can take over your characters and move them along so that nobody else is stuck waiting on you to post.

You agree by joining this roleplay that when you quit I have complete authority over your characters, and therefore you forgo any chance of recovering them if you decide to come back.

There is always the chance that something truly out of her control happened - a sudden illness, an accident, a family tragedy... let's hope that none of those are the reasons she has been pulled away.

I'll play her characters if need arises. Unless, of course, she returns by 11/17/14 and indicates her desire to rejoin this group RP. I'm also going to modify the rules slightly and post it as an amendment to post #2 above before the IC goes out.

There is still time to add characters and to join this RP. Once it gets going I'll welcome any co-GMs or new players.

The members who have indicated an interest in joining the RP are: Ghostwriter, Zorrita, Hellstorm, PoisonIvy, Prisa, Wildcat and myself. Ones who have characters already made are Ghostwriter, Wildcat and myself. I'll PM the others to see if they are still interested in making characters.

If there are no others willing to play by Monday then I'll consider this one dead in the water. :-/

If you'd like to, that would be great! But I don't want to discourage anyone from playing the gender they'd prefer. We can always modify the plot or add other characters along the way.

Hey hellstorm that's an interesting character! I'm going to wait for one more confirmation at least before posting an IC for the story. Then we can look at who we have and brainstorm ideas for interactions.

Your picture link was somehow broken in the character profile. If you have time to look at it and fix it that would be great. I look forward to meeting her in the IC.

I have fixed it somewhat though my picture doesn't show still. Instead, a link is generated.Sorry I am kind of newbie. And what does IC mean? In character??

Yes, exactly - In Character. :)

I'm waiting for Wildkat to come back. She said that she wanted to play this, and I told her that if we had 3 players then I'd start on the 17th. If she doesn't come back though I'd rather just do a 1x1 because they seem to have a better chance to survive.

If that's the case and you want to pursue a 1x1 with me then I'd be delighted to look over ideas with you.

Traveler said:
Yes, exactly - In Character. :)

I'm waiting for Wildkat to come back. She said that she wanted to play this, and I told her that if we had 3 players then I'd start on the 17th. If she doesn't come back though I'd rather just do a 1x1 because they seem to have a better chance to survive.

If that's the case and you want to pursue a 1x1 with me then I'd be delighted to look over ideas with you.

I will be delighted as well to do a 1x1 rp. We can discuss ideas.

Back
Top Bottom