Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

East End Neighbors (open)

East End Neighbors: The idea is making a roleplay that focuses on the day to day life of adults and teenagers, primarily centering around the residents of East End, a short cul-de-sac in the equally fictitious suburb of Chanceborough.

The plot(s) include focus on emotional relationships to the point of melodrama, with an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts, family discord, marriage breakdown, and financial problems.

East End Neighbors initially will begin with my family (the Walkers, a divorce with two young adults) moving into the neighborhood. You can play a family of your own, or fill in any role in the neighborhood as well as work place or school. You can play adults or teenagers (18+ for main characters), and you can add your own sub plots. I hope to see all sorts of people in all kinds of good and bad situations. Anything goes really!

bumpSmiley.gif

Interesting concept. Basically any modern characters can get thrown in here and interact, with emphasis being placed on slice of life with a lot of different personalities thrown in.

I'd be interested in giving it a shot and throwing in a few characters. Lately the Group RP activity level on BMR has been disappointingly slow, but perhaps this will help to motivate people into playing. How many participants do you hope to have at a minimum and do you want us to begin to design our characters so that people can have an idea of who they would interact with and what kinds of situations might arise?

I generally don't like big groups but a comfortable size of 7 is doable, 10 max, but only because people tend to drop out after the first couple of posts. If after we remain with five devoted participants I'll be happy. This would be open ended so people can come and go, so when the story for a family is finish they can move out and a new one moves in, I supposed as GM I'll take over any characters that linger if only to resolve whatever unfinished situation they may be involved with.

I think you have a good idea of introducing characters, something basic like face claims (real people only), jobs, age, and the general description one would see upon meeting someone, the rest can be revealed as people get to know one another. I won't provide a character sheet so you are free to make one for your characters.

I'll work on creating the neighborhood setting. I'm thinking we all live in a complex building, like a co-op apartment, neighboring areas, which includes a bar, hotel, cafe, police station, lawyers office and park. The rest is just locations; work place, school, supermarket, government buildings, hospital and anything else can be introduce as we go along.

As far as situations go it is open concept, people should create whatever they like, but some examples are; skeletons in the closet that may come up to create conflict, illegal activity in the bad side of the neighborhood, drugs & alcohol abuse, love drama - a cheating partner, mistresses, fetishes that can destroy a family unit, business deals gone sour, working hard for a promotion at work and not getting it, murder, unexpected death in the family, etc...

I think I've given plenty of examples, but nothing is set in stone. The storylines concern the domestic and professional lives of the people who live and work in East End. I think you said it best, ..."whit emphasis being placed on slice of life with a lot of different personalities thrown in."

Well, Ghostwriter, count me in. I can play a few different personas, male and female. I'll start looking for pictures and building up my ideas so that I'll have something for your Character Profiles thread once you get one started.

I like your idea of having just the bare minimum in the profiles so that people will have to learn about each other in the IC. Hopefully we'll get others interested who will chat in the OOC and start plotting, er... planning with each other.

Wonderful! I'll work on the OOC and the proper intro and go over some rules so that we have some general idea of what NOT to do. Hopefully the OOC will get more attention and we'll see what comes out of it.

Welcome, Zorrita and SunSwimmer! Want to share your idea, you can PM me. For the sake of keeping some balance, since I don't want to see only female characters, we'll be playing multiple characters. Consider creating a family, and not just one character. This way we can interact with one another on multiple levels. I'm still working on the OOC page and the intro and rules, but it should be up sometime today. I'm also opening a character thread. I will let everyone know as soon as they are up.

I have a few male characters to balance out the ladies if Zorrita and SunSwimmer only feel comfortable writing women. So far I have three written up and one in the works. The one that is still being written is a college teacher, so that should give some of the younger women someone to interact with.

Feel free to look over my work in progress on characters here. I'm considering making the daughter Sophia Vargas a son instead, to add more testosterone.

Ghostwriter hasn't been on the site for 10 days but I'm hoping that she'll return.

Why don't you go ahead and post your character(s)? Then when she does come back we'll be ready to play.

This seems like an interesting roleplay, but is this still an ongoing thing? I just wondered since Traveler said Ghostwriter hadn't been on in a few days.

I have an idea for 2 characters a male and female.

I'm here but I don't want to step on Ghostwriter's toes. If you'd like to make up some characters I think it would be a great idea!

The OOC thread is located here. Feel free to plot and talk here. If Ghostwriter does not return by, say.... 11/16/14 then I'll go ahead and start the IC thread for those still interested. I can't in good conscience start before she has been gone for 30 days because I don't want to hijack this from her.

The character profile thread is located here. Please go ahead and create your character(s)! The more interesting you make them, the more interactions we'll have. It should be great!

I'm REALLY hoping that Ghostwriter returns. This world is a great concept and I can see that the interest that is beginning to form can lead to a very fun group role play.

I think 30 days is a good rule of thumb for situations like this. I'll go look at the character profiles and see about getting mine up.

okay iam interested in this and will make a family and i just pmed her asking her about posting some characters but Traveler just posted my answer so off i go to create a family of my own i play both genders so i will be making some males .

Fourteen more days until this thread starts, unless Ghostwriter returns beforehand. Have fun making characters; the more the merrier!

I'll plan on posting an IC thread beginning 11/17.

We were waiting for a third. Long story short - original GM skipped out on us and we waited 30 days for her return. Right now there are only 2 people who are still interested from the original group who showed interest. I was actually planning on closing the thread on the 17th but I got lazy.

If Hellstorm's still in then we would have 3. I think that we need that many to qualify as a group, so yeah - let's see if he or anyone else wants to play. In the meantime if you'd like to write up your CSes then please don't hesitate.

Back
Top Bottom