Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Magic the Gathering

Panakananana

Super-Earth
I want to play a game of Magic through PM or thread, I don't care what one. It should be in this format.

[Name] goes 1st, draw 7 cards, put 1 Plains Basic Land on Battlefield
Life 20
Library 53 cards
Graveyard 0 cards
Exiled 0 cards
Hand 6 cards

As well as describing any abilities the card might have. It would be more fun if you didn't cheat and played with a shuffled deck in front of you.

Wouldn't this be easier when you play it on Skype? I have cards, dice and want to play it. But in a thread or via pm could be difficult with the time zones. What if somebody needs to stop playing because he/she needs to go to bed or can only reply once each day thanks to the time zones? Playing cardgames like MtG or yugioh in a forum is nearly impossible. One duell could take several days! Skype is much better because you can see the cards when you use a webcam. And when you don't want to show your face, then make it so that only the cards can be seen.

A sliver deck? I always thought about using all colors, but I don't know how that could work. Maybe with cards that give you three kinds of different mana, pands that can give you one of two different mana or other cards that have the possibility to increase your mana pool.

Does anyone here have a colorless deck? Darksteel golem is a hell of a card and you can bring it out by combining an ornithopter and a tinker! I think about a building a blue deck with artifacts...or a deck with only artifacts. A golem deck.

Your supposed to play all color sliver, I just need the slivers, they are hard to find. But something pretty cool happened today

2 trades: traded an overwhelm for an el drazi which has annihilator 2, 8/9 for 8
Traded a mind magus for a sliver that is green that cost 2 and gives all other slivers death touch

Trade to consider: someone had 4 el drazi he would trade for 4 tome scours and a shipbreak kraken, should I do it, they all have that anihilator 3 or 4, and one of them has an ability where you can ONLY block it with 2 creatures and I think they are all 8/9 to 9/9 for I think 8 colorless mana.

Right now I have a

Black green
Black devotion with white life gain
Red green white slivers
Black blue mill
Just a mono black with lots of kill spells and enchantments

If only I knew that earlier...I saw a sliver who needed one of each mana at a flea market.

My decks:

Red-white
Green-white
Black-white
Blue-black-white
Red-green
And a pure deck of each color. All that I need is a colorless deck and one of the other combinations like blue-red and so on, but I want to get my hands on a few more planeswalkers first.

Do you have Skype, wiki? If yes, then we could have a duel on a weekend. If not, then I could get an icq account, but Skype would be better because we could then see the cards of each other to prevent cheating. Or can you use a webcam on icq and msn too?

I can probably try to buy a webcam, I have money for it... I'll get one eventually but we can battle then, and the trade went trough, so now I have 5 el drazi now with annihilator

the skype thing sounds good if you want to play like that, you too Squiddy maybe all three of us at once!
I'm kind of new to Magic but I've got good card from the 8 booster packs plus trading, I think...

Good, then let's do that. Wait, you have 5 eldrazi? Do you...do you mean Emrakul, Ulamog and Kozilek? *gulps* I need more instants and enchantments to damage and affect Emrakul! Not to forget Bommerang for Ulamog (My brother has that card, I'll ask him to trade with me). I think I should check my Jace Beleren deck...

O.O I need Jace, Memory Adept and Jace, the Mind Sculptor. I know that I can have only one Jace on the battlefield, but their effects...I have only Jace Beleren. The other planeswalkers I have are Ajani Goldmane, Ajani Vengeant and Chandra Nalaar.

I want to get - no, I NEED to get Karn Liberated. Give me two turns and all your base are belong to us! Er, all non-aura permanent cards belong then to me after they got exiled with Karn. That includes eldrazi like Emrakul, Ulamog and Kozilek!

Three at once is possible, but then I'll use my Chandra Nalaar deck to turn you both into ash. Or my Jace Beleren deck to mill you to death one after the other, beginning with wiki. I have a free week after the next one so we can play whenever I'm online on skype. My name on skype is Ghalaghor McAllistor.

we'll see, i do want to include Squiddy, i mean wiki, if shes up for it. Your deck sounds awesome, i do have one Spawnsire of Ulamog card that i'd be willing to trade

Well, we can all three have duells with each other in the normal way (one vs one) and all three of us when we have the time to do that. Because timezones and freetime and stuff.

No, I meant the card boomerang so I can counter Ulamog (the legendary one). My brother has no eldrazi cards and neither do I. They have good effects and look like they're strong, but I'm more interested in a golem deck with Darksteel Colossus and other golems. I'm a little bit busy with other stuff (like completing my yugioh decks first and forming a group for DSA) before I collect the cards for an artifact deck.

By the way, do you two play yugioh too by chance?

Used to, don't have a deck anymore, and if rev tries to counter me then I could just use my eldrazi In my blue black mill, I could mill (don't have much mill cards like tome scour since I traded for el drazi) but I do have lots of counter spells though in that deck. Or my mono black and use my kill spells all over the place.

I have one really strong combo that I used on my cousin, involving my black devotion white life gain deck

2 soul mender+ oreskos sun guide+ 2 nyx fleece ram+ ajani pridemate= GET DAMN WRECKED

Mender sun guide and nyx give me 1 life per turn when I have all of them and ajani it means ajani goes from a 2/2 to gaining like +5/+5 a turn because it had the effect of "whenever you gain life put a +1/+1 counter"
I got him to like a 27/27 once

Nice! I have a black-white life-steal-life-gain deck too. Mine is about the orzhov, but it's not perfect. I want to get one or two black planeswalkers for it and maybe a white one too.

When do you two have time for a duell? I can be online at the this weekend. I'll set up everything, my desk, my webcam, my cards and my diece/die so we can play against each other. Too bad my brother can't speak english good enough...we could've done a two-headed giant duel by playing two against two. He has a very funny goblin deck with a lot of goblins and four goblin grenades (sacrifice a goblin and you can deal five damage to a player). I hate that deckand only survived because it's a llittle bit slow, but I could help him by using Jace...

I've never had a planes walker, I was LUCKY with opening my first booster pack for the tarkir set I got the flame speaker planeswalker, the new dragon one. I play at school :D and where the hell do you buy dice, I'm pissed I can't find any and I don't wanna go online to buy them

Just whenever I get a webcam, is there a good place to buy dice and a webcam without going online?

My 5 eldrazi
3 ulamog crushers
1 el drazi where you can summon a creature for free
1 el drazi where it can't be block accept by 3 or more

I think I could counter his goblins with my mono black kill spells if I manage to get lots of mana early

XD get wrecked

I feel like my deck is ssssssooooooo under-powered compared to ya'lls. Its nothing special, i call it my Nicol Bolas deck because i built it around that planeswalker. Need lots of mana out before it really gets good.

I got some dice from my father along with his cards, but I got a few more on a flea market. There are a few stores that sell dice and cards as well as other stuff.

Good luck, my brother swarms the field with goblins as soon as he gets enough mana. And he needs only four of them as a sacrifice for the grenades. That includes tokens too as long as they are goblins...

There is a new dragon planeswalker? What's his/her name?

My decks aren't that powerful sirix. Wait, Nicol Bolas? Isn't that the dragon planeswalker who needs three different kinds of mana? Also, how about we have a duel this weekend to test how strong your deck is? We could team up against wiki and Panaka in a two-headed giant duel.

But to get dice like that don't you have to buy like the expensive pack of cards that comes with like one of them? And the planeswalker I have can be killed easily I got it for 2 turns thn it died. I think I could destroy his by having my first strike sliver or venom sliver, do you mean like pay to sac or die then he gets grenades. If it's pay to sac then I could just kill them maybe even before he summons some

This is the card i have, if i can get this on the field, it is pretty terrible to, but you have to get it on the board first.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=179441

Oh no doubt, my isn't all that strong until he gets on the board.

I have an ok pure green deck as well that i wanted to turn into wolves and spiders deck.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=263764

^That is the card my brother has. He only needs two red mana and can then deal five damage by using a 1/1 goblin. The weakpoint of his deck is that he has no draw enginee to get the grenades earlier in the game to win quickly. I mean, try to get four cards and have the costs for it when you have sixty cards in one single deck.

We'll see whose deck is the best when we're playing against each other. We don't need to do a two-headed giant duell, we can fight everyone against everyone too.

You don't need to buy cards to get dice. You can buy dice seperately. Just make sure that they are D100. Or you can write your life down on paper when you don't have any dice.

Giant spiders with reach...I prefer to use flying creatures. Hey, I could use my green-white deck. There are a few cards that give all green creatures under my control +1/+1. Too bad I don't have Garuk...

I know but where can I buy the dice seperate, I don't think they have target or anything.

Then he can get wrecked, sometimes by turn 2-4 I already have like 2 or 3 good slivers that I can attack with, I also added a small mana ramp affect with 4 mystic elf, I don't have much cards to give mana fast beside key rune.

Slivers are OP, there is a reason they are banned from competitive play, at least in my area they are. Well last thing i heard they were, its been a while since i played last. You pretty much need a field wipe card (Like Nicol, or my favorite World Fire with an exiled card that comes back after world fire) to even stand a real chance against slivers.

If you can't get some dice, then you can use a pen and paper. You can always use a normal dice or something else for tokens when you don't have the token card.

You can get rid of eldrazi by using cards that exile them (Emrakul is no exception for Karn and other colorless cards), send them back to the hand with cards like Boomerang (Umalog might be indestructible, but he can still get exiled or send back to the owners hand) and then there are cards (even colorless artifacts) that can tap other cards. Try to use your eldrazi when they are always tapped!

Sirix, is your deck built around Nicol Bolas? I use planeswalkers too, but they aren't the main card of my strategy. It can be hard to get them out (I'm talking about Nicol) and when they are out you need to farm loyality counters to use their best ability. I can just throw a few spells at them and they are dead. Then you need a plan b. And don't tell me that I could just use counter spells. There is always a way to counter a card in some way or another.

Wiki can use all the eldrazi he/she wants. I only need to get Karn out and defend him long enough to exile all non-aura cards and start the whole game new with Karn and all the exiled cards under my control. If I can pull that out of my sleeve, then I'm the one with a powerful sliver (Too bad that I don't have Karn Liberated...dat third effect!). Or I just play a legendary creature and let them both kill each other (I read the rules for legendary creatures). Yes, slivers can shuffle the whole graveyard into the library, but what if they get exiled? I know that there are cards that can get them back in that case, but I could counter them.

Could, would, should, if. Let's fight without cards that are on the banned list and see who has the better deck. I want to see actions and not just words. Anybody can say that his/her deck is good or bad, but you know weither it is that or not only when you gave it a try against other players. So let's find out who has the better strategy instead of talking about our decks.

I'm online on skype this and next weekend whenever I can find the time. Just try to find someone with a chainsaw-unicorn as his avatar. My name on skype is Ghalaghor McAllistor (that's the name of one of my many characters).

Like I said, panaka: prove how good your deck is in a duell. Only tomorrow and then we'll see whose deck is better. Also, I can teach you how to play yugioh. All you need is a deck with 40-45 cards and then I can share my knowledge with you.

Back
Top Bottom