Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shinryaku! Ika Musume (Wiki234 & Blue Hatter)

Blue Hatter

One Broken Teacup
This is a role play thread for Wiki234 and Blue Hatter. Unless you're one of us please don't post here. Thank you. :)

Edit: ...And I just noticed that I put this in the wrong place. I don't know what I was thinking I'll see if I can get it moved over to the fan-based section.

Ah, the beach. There is nothing on this big blue Earth quite like it. The warm breeze, the small of the salty sea, the golden sand under your toes, the freedom and thrill, the leisure and calm... No, nothing else could quite match the beach.

And today, like usual, the beach was a rather busy place. People filled the sandy shore lounging about on blankets with large sun umbrellas, sun bathing on folding chairs, playing games or frolicking in the cool ocean water. In the distance a few tiny fishing boats could just be made out sitting on the horizon just a ways off shore. The sun was high in the sky and though there was a gentle breeze it did little to affect the heat and humidity-- in fact it only seemed to push the heat around. The beach itself was noisy but not extremely so, not as much so as one would expect from the size of the crowd. Another busy day.

The Lemon Beach House was no exception to this business. Sitting along one of the wooden boardwalks near the top of the beach this little snack bar was quite the happening place. Nearly all of the seats at the tables were taken, people were standing near the front counter waiting for seats or to pay for their order, and workers frantically went about their duties cooking, cleaning, serving and overall making a pleasant experience for the customers. The Lemon Beach House had gotten rather popular as of late, much more so than it had been in the years past. Many familiar faces still worked there... Eiko Aizawa, now the primary owner of the snack bar in the couple years the first appearance of a certain squidy individual, was behind the counter directing traffic. Chizuru Aizawa, now in the middle of college, had less time to spend at the Lemon Beach House but still popped in occasionally to help out, and was there now helping out the cook that had been hired to replace her. Takeru Aizawa was in middle school now but was a regular waiter at the Lemon during Summer break. Yes, even Sanae Nagatsuki was still around, now a part-timer at the Lemon. Gorō Arashiyama was now one the leading life guards on the beach and Nagisa Saitō was still a full-time waitress.

Yes, so much seemed to still be set in stone despite the time that the passed for better or for worse.

Due to the increased popularity of the Lemon Beach House they had acquired some new help: a new cook to replace Chizuru when she was too help and a new waiter by the name of Hiroyuki Tachibana. A bright young man of eighteen, he was tall and fit, slightly muscular, with a well-built frame and a handsome face. His skin was pale, he had a mess of short black hair with blue-dyed highlights, and bright crystal blue eyes that seemed to shimmer in the light. He wore the usual snack bar uniform of a yellow T-shirt with a small lemon icon to the left of the chest, black shorts and tan and white sneakers with short white socks. Hiroyuki, however, had one other addition to his uniform: a small teardrop-shaped blue crystal attached to a black thread strap around his neck, a good luck charm of sorts.

Hiroyuki had, in fact, started working at the Lemon Beach House the previous Summer as a part-time waiter but this Summer he had taken up the position full-time. It could be hectic at times, true, and the pay wasn't anything special or all that much, but he found it to be an enjoyable job nonetheless. And it got him away from his father who always seemed to have a screw loose so that was another plus.

"One sushi plate to table two!" Eiko called out from her place behind the cash register. "And a squid salad to table five!"

"Right, I'm on it!" Hiroyuki called back and quickly made his way to the kitchen window where two plates were waiting for him.

"Hey, could we get some more water over here?" called a young woman from table three just moments after Hiroyuki had retrieved the two plates and hastily delivered them to their respective tables.

"Two waters, coming right up," Hiroyuki replied. Yup, another busy day.

******EPIC intro song plays*******

Many things have changed since even her first plan of invasion starting with the beach. Things have been worse for her these days now, always getting caught up in one and also forced to do another thing sometimes. She still had to watch for any danger especially chizuru, but now that she noticed her not coming much anymore it would seem once again a clear opportunity has shown itself to her. Everything hadn't changed much with her and everything seemed normal from what she expected besides being so busy sometimes with having too work and serve all the customers.

squid girl was her usual childlike self just as she always was, not wanting to do work, always slacking off and of course trying to inkvade when her plans almost always fail. Squid girl sighed walking into the lemon seeing that today was one of the days that this place was packed. "Well I guess my inkvasion can wait for now...." She said walking inside and toward the counter, "you guys need some help...there sure is a lot of squidding people than there used to..ahh jeez I hope It won't be packed anymore today..." She said not wanting to work so hard..

Hiroyuki heard a familiar voice from over the crowd ever as he rushed about his waiter duties. The voice belonged to none other than a short young lady with a petite build and light blue "hair", a young woman that everyone called Squid Girl. Hiroyuki knew relatively little about her than that she, from what he understood, spent a lot of time on the ocean, making him wonder if she was the daughter of a fisherman, and that she could control her "hair" in very interesting manners, making him wonder if she had some sort of psychic power. He didn't know why she was called "Squid Girl" and often wondered why no one called her by her real name, whatever that name may be, and she always seemed to be such a mystery. And what was this "invasion" she was always talking about? Was it some joke that he had yet to be a part of? Chizuru, Eiko and the others knew more than they were letting on, that much was clear, but they definitely didn't seem too keen on telling him.

Even so, for reasons even he couldn't explain he found himself attracted to the bizarre young lady. She was adorable, she was lovely, and even her perky little attitude attracted him. The air of mystery surrounding her only added to her allure. Hiroyuki had a crush on Squid Girl, he couldn't deny it, nor could he explain it, but he had not told her or anyone else, and he wasn't sure if he ever would. How did you tell someone that you knew so little about that you liked them? Especially someone with her... unique personality.

"Hey Squidy," said the young man, flashing her a small smile as he passed her. "If you don't mind, could you help me get the orders to the tables? I'm getting a little swamped by myself..."

Squid girl sighed and just looking around guessing that no one really wanted her help right now... "Fine! I guess I can have my plans for inkvasion!!" She said waving her tentacles around with an evil grin. But she didn't even come up with a new plan of attack.. She sighed and looked around "actually it can still wait...because of something else..." Squid girl crosses her arms and just watches people come in and out, looking over he didn't really recognize him much, but she guessed that he was a new employee here since of course chizuru wasn't around, "sure I guess." She said using her tentacles to take all the other plates of food and give them to the people who ordered already.

And there she did it again, controlling her "hair" as if they were her own arms and hands. How she was doing it he could not figure out, though admittedly her "hair" didn't look much like hair at all, but rather like lengths of flesh or tentacles, though he wasn't entirely sure how that was possible. Perhaps it was a type of hat? Was that where the name "Squid Girl" came from? Indeed, despite his interest in her she was such a mystery to him, he knew so very little about her...

Hiroyuki was dying to ask her some questions, to learn more about her, but he never found the chance, never had the opportunity. Things always seemed to busy at the Lemon that there was scarcely time for chitchat.

"Ah, thanks," he replied simply as he headed back to the counter to take a short breather. Now that all the tables had been served maybe there would be a moment of downtime. Maybe. "That squid ink pasta goes over to table two."

Squid girl just crossed her arms and looked around seeing the table near the entrance, " ok I got it..." She said picking up the plate and putting it on the table with her tentacles... "Jeez this is so much squidding work...even for me..." She turned and just nodded at him. "Im so tired I can't even think about my inkvasion right now...." squid girl went over and sat down by one of the tables and put her head on top of her arms feeling tired and bored, "I don't really know what to squidding do after being like this.."

Hiroyuki couldn't help but smirk a little bit at the young lady's comment. She was already tired and she had just arrived not long ago? And here he thought he had a lack of energy...

"You're already tired?" he asked, giving her a teasing smirk as he stepped toward the table and sat a can of soda in front of her, an offering of something for her to drink, or perhaps a bribe. It seemed that for the moment things had calmed down at the Lemon, at least a little bit, and Hiroyuki took this as his opportunity to speak with the young lady. How long this time he did not know, and who knew when he would have the opportunity again?

"Are you sure you got enough sleep?" he asked, pulling up a chair, then he sat down onto it. "You do look tired. I can handle the rest here if you want to relax."

If Eiko lets you, he thought to himself, but opted not to say it aloud.

Squid looked up and wrapped her tentacle around it, taking it and opening to start drinking. "Wow this squidding amazing..." She said really liking the soda, finishing it and setting the can down, "I feel a bit squidding better now..." She said giving a small burp "woah!!! What the squid was that noise?" She said standing up and backing away against the wall a bit. She didn't really understand burping much even though she might not have known that she did do the other time she drank something that wasn't soda, maybe because they weren't as loud or they didn't sound weird like this one.

"You sure? It doesn't squidding seem that there's anyone here anymore...." She looked around but only saw people hanging out on the beach and not here.

(When is sanae coming?)

A curious brow raised at Squid Girl's reaction to her release of gas pressure. Sure, maybe it was a little rude, but was it really that surprising? Perhaps he confusion about it was just a joke? Was she trying to be humorous? That had to be it. Right?

Definitely a strange girl...

Still, he wasn't sure if he should laugh or not, what was the proper thing to do in this situation? Excuse her? Laugh? Make a joke of it? Unsure of what else to do, he simply smirked a bit again. "Looks like the carbonation won that battle," he teased.

And as for her other question... He glanced around the room, indeed it seemed to have cleared out a bit, much to his relief. Things would finally calm down a bit. He hoped. "Yeah, I'm sure," he said, his smirk shifting into a small smile. "It looks like things are calming down here. I should be able to handle the rest."

He paused for a moment before adding, "What do you say about going out for ice cream after my shift is over? My treat."

Carbonation? What the squid are you talking about...." It seemed squid girl still didn't really know what humans did besides hang out, and work a lot..that's the only thing she saw anyway most of the time. She crossed her arms and sighed. "Hmm that sounds pretty good now, I think I wanna join then.." She said agreeing because it sounded fun and that means she could take a break. Squid girl crossed her arms and smiled, " and I will inkvade this place and everywhere else when the time comes..." She said not forgetting about it much again.

"Carbonation... Those are the bubbles in the soda," Hiroyuki replied. There seemed to be quite a bit that Squid Girl didn't know, or at least she was letting on as much, and that was quite curious indeed...

"Alright, then once my shift is over, we can get going," he added a moment later. He stood and before heading back to work he picked up the soda can and tossed it into a nearby recycling bin.

His shift didn't last too much longer, but before leaving he helped clean the place up and help put things away and shut things down for the rest of the day-- it was time for the Lemon Beach House to close for the day. Roughly twenty minutes later Hiroyuki's jobs were completed and he stepped back towards the blue-haired young lady.

"Ready to go, Squid Girl?" he asked curiously. "The ice cream shop isn't too far way from here. About a ten minute walk, maybe." He flashed another small smile at that.

((OOC: I'll have a certain someone making an appearance soon. :p))

(I'm thinking maybe since your character secretly seems to like her they could have a competition between my favorite character, sanae I'll be your squid girl!!! She's my second favorite character)

squid girl nodded with a smile, feeling a little excited she was treated to something knew she didn't really know bout at all, but she's heard of ice cream before at least. She decided to help, putting all the dishes and plates away, setting them on the counter so he could pick them up. She crossed her arms and sighed seeing the doors finally close for today, "squidding finally we're done...jeez..."

She turned to look over at him, "ok then let's go!!" She said feeling a bit excited about it, her hair blowing in the cool calm wind a bit. " I could really use something good right now..." Squid girl then started to turn and walk

Hiroyuki glanced over the young lady from time to time as they headed down the boardwalk. She really was an attractive young lady with striking features and a youthful face. At times it was hard to believe that she didn't have a flock of fans lined up begging for her attention, though at times her attitude left something to be desired, so perhaps that had something to do with the lack of a crow...

"So... I've been curious about something..." he commented as they neared the ice cream parlor. "What's with all the squid references? 'Squidding' and things like that? Do you really like squids or something?"

He hoped that he wasn't overstepping the boundaries with that question but he was quite curious...

((OOC: Yes, I figured there would be some sort of rivalry between the two of them, both wanting Squid Girl's attention. :p))

Squid girl walked, looking around at the shops that were around them left and right. She was really excited about trying new things and she heard that I've cream was one of the best things to get especially after being busy like this a lot. She looked over at him when he started talking, " what's that supposed to squidding mean! First off Im not some weird fan girl or anything I'm an inkvadrs, I am squid girl! Emissary of the sea and inkvadrs of mankind! So don't question me over something squidding stupid like that...or ill send my forces and really start some chaos..." She said trying for a somewhat weak attempt to prove him wrong and maybe scare him a bit with an idea that she has an actual army. " why would you squidding care anyway?" She asked continuing to walk with crossed arms

A smirk came to Hiroyuki's lips at Squid Girl's reply. He couldn't tell if she was serious or if she was joking, but he definitely had to be the latter... Didn't it? She seemed to have some childish delusions, or maybe she was simply one hell of a fan of some squid-related anime series he had never heard of, but either way he couldn't deny that he found it quite adorable. Maybe he was just that weird.

"Oh, I see... Well, I certainly wouldn't want you to 'inkvade'... Nor would I want to face the wrath of your 'forces'," he told her teasingly. "I'm just a lowly human-- I mean no harm!"

After another moment or two his smirk slowly faded and he shrugged slowly at her closing question. "Of course I care," he replied simply. "I care because... well..." his voice trailed off. They had arrived at the ice cream parlor, much to his relief. Had he really been able to tell her how he felt? He couldn't really believe it himself. "Um... a-anyway, here we are. C'mon."

Squid girl laughed thinking for a moment that he was actually setious, "that's right, all you weak human shall bow down to me when I rule the world. global inkvasion and domination is what I'm after, and like I said before, I can't trust any humans with what they have done to the beautiful oceans!!" She put her hands on her hips feeling pretty good about it, " I need more humans who will fear me and join my army to conquer!" She sighed and crossed her arms " because what?" She asked seeing as he didn't finish but looking up to see they were already there. " wow that looks so squidding good and yummy!" She said leaning in to look through the window

"Ah, but you can trust a human enough to buy you ice cream?" he asked, his teasing smirk returning once again, even as he reached down and mussed her white cap playfully. "Anyway, why don't we head on--"

Hiroyuki was cut off by the sound of a female voice coming from toward his left. "Squidy!" the voice called out. The voice sounded familiar, perhaps a little too familiar. Not long after he could hear the sound of running footsteps. "Squidy!" The voice called out again, drawing out the "squi" and "dy" for as long as their breath would allow.

Barely a moment later a brown-haired young woman dressed in a green-striped sleeveless shirt, a white headband, white shorts and black sneakers came darting up to the two of them, nearly plowing through Hiroyuki and knocking him off of his feet, and when she arrived at Squid Girl's side, the young lady wrapped her arms tightly around the blue-haired girl and hugged her in perhaps the tightest hug the young man had ever seen. Sanae Nagatsuki, a friend of Eiko and, as far as he could tell, something of a Squid Girl stalker, and what would appear to be his biggest rival for Squid Girl's attention.

"Long time no see! Aww, you've gotten even cuter lately!" squealed Sanae, nuzzling her face against Squid Girl's cheek.

"H-hey! Knock that off!" Hiroyuki snapped after a moment. "She's with me, here to get ice cream!"

Slowly Sanae stopped her nuzzling and glared up at Hiroyuki, a sharp glare of annoyance and anger. "And why would she want to get it with you? Hm?"

"Because... I asked her?" Hiroyuki responded, raising a brow.

"Oh? You asked her? Out?" Sanae questioned, her gaze growing even more fierce. "Are you two out on a date or something? I wont let you have my Squidy's innocence!"

"N-no!" Hiroyuki snapped back quickly, his face reddening a bit. "We're not... out on a date... We're just out getting ice cream... Right?" Not that he really minded the idea of a date with Squid Girl. Could this be considered such a thing...?

Sanae grinned a little. She released Squid Girl from her clutches but only momentarily before grabbing the young girl by the arm and dragging her toward the parlor door. "Then I guess it's no problem if she goes with me instead, right? C'mon, lets go, Squid Girl!"

"What? No way!" was his best protest.

"Well I'll rule humans, so I guess I can trait you." She put her arms on her waist and did her little evil laugh. "What?" She asked when he didn't finish his sentence but turned too from where he was looking at then seeing sanaw.

The hug was a bit of surprise but she kinda knew it. It looked she got where tightly that she couldn't use her tentacles to pull her off. "What's a date anyway? Isn't that the meaning of human time like how the sun goes down?" She turned back from being distracted but heard what he asked her, "yeah I'm getting ice cream cause he said he would get me one. I heard their good and I want to be the judge of that." Squid girl sighed when she was free and she could stretch her tentacles a bit so she wasn't able to use them from that hug, almost falling when she was dragged. She tries to pull away without her tentacles but sanae was strong and she couldn't do anything but go with her

"C'mon, you're going to come with me! I wont let anyone else have you!" Sanae declared, dragging Squid Girl into the building and toward the counter.

Not usually one to become so flustered, Hiroyuki found himself coming after them and taking hold of Squid Girl's other hand. It almost seemed as though fire had erupted between he and Sanae, a furious torment of scorching flame shooting back and forth between them as each struggled to say the blue-haired young lady to their side.

"Don't be so rude, Sanae... She came with me!" insisted Hiroyuki. He may have sounded a little childish, something rather uncharacteristic of him, but that was far from his mind right now.

"So what?" Sanae snapped back. "She likes me better!"

"Who said?" Hiroyuki snapped right back at her.

"I said!" replied Sanae. "Fine, we'll let Squidy decide. Squidy, who do you want go out with? Me, right?"

squid girl couldn't really fight since technically she wanted to go in there eventually to get some good ice cream. She looked around seeing what they had that she liked, but then she almost fell back with feeling other hand pulled back by Hiro. she quietly looked over at them seeing that they were fighting over who should hang out with her for today, but when she was asked a question she kept quiet for a moment. " ummmm....' she said looking at both of them, " maybe we can talk about this after we get some ice cream. squid girl turned to the cashier, "ummm excuse but I want...hmm...' she couldn't really decide and turned them, "hey, which one is really good?' she asked not even answering and forgetting the question.

The fact the Squid Girl had all but ignored Sanae's question was quite frustrating for the girl, and her pouty expression showed it, but Hiroyuki took it as a sign of victory, even though it was most likely premature. Well, it was probably more like hopeful thinking.

"Alight, Squid girl, then why don't we--" Hiroyuki began but Sanae cut him off again.

"Fine! We'll both be with her!" Sanae declared. She wasn't going to budge but it was also clear that she was indeed questioning who Squid Girl wanted to stay with. Hiroyuki could only sigh and shrug his shoulders at his idea. Well, that was probably the easiest solution, he thought. So much for any type of "date".

"You can have whatever you want, Squid Girl," said Hiroyuki, slipping past Sanae to move closer to the other. "Why not get more than one flavor if you can't make up your mind?"

She looked over for a moment then looked back to the ice cream still trying to see what she wanted, "it's the same!" She told him figuring out quick, "they just have so many, I don't know which two are the best then, and the scoops are big too it seems like." Squid girl crossed her arms, her tentacles waving back and forth behind her.

A curious brow raised on Hiroyuki's face before he smirked a little again. Indeed, selecting a flavor-- or flavors-- of ice cream could be a truly daunting task considering all of the variety out there. A challenging task indeed, but a decision that could be, perhaps, more easily reached by keeping one fact in mind...

"We can always come back and have more another time," he told the young lady. No doubt the suggestion of them coming back against annoyed Sanae... A bonus, there. "Why not pick two or three that looks best to you right now, and then pick something else another time? Pick them by color, or close your eyes and point to a couple. It's all about trying something new, right?"

Squid girl just kept trying to think, "yeah we can always come back here, that would be squidding awesome!" She said wanting to keep that mind. She smiled and still thought more, listening to what they were trying to say. "Yeah I guess so..." Squid girl looked over again and pointed to one that looked like it had 2 different colors on it, then she pointed to a pink one. "Why does that one have two colors and the others have one?" She asked knowing what she wanted now

Back
Top Bottom