Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Legendary book of Mediocrity: ROCKET TO THE MOON! (Comments Welcomed)

Z o k u R u m b a

Meteorite
Today's Poem: The Man of Wednesday

I take the train heading downtown,
Always on this same day,
Always around the same hour,
Only to see the same man.
The Man of Wednesday.

This man is my ghost.
He appears only on Wednesdays.
Wearing the same cap.
Wearing the same glasses.
Always carrying the same bag.

In his bag are books unknown to me.
This man smiles upon seeing me.
This man always expects me,
Always in the same place,
Always on this special day.

We walk the same path,
Share the same jokes,
And eat the same foods.
But then he disappears again...
And I await another Wednesday.

The new week carries another Wednesday.
I take the train heading downtown,
Always on this same day,
Another Wednesday of repeats.

But I keep showing,
Hoping for the same thing.
Hoping for more time.
More time with this ghost.
More time with The Man of Wednesday.

Time is what I want.
Time is what I need.
But I wonder one thing.
Will there ever be enough time for me?
Will there ever be enough time for us?

Me, the lover of a ghost.
Me, the lover of Wednesday.
Me, the lover of a timeless man.
Me, the lover of this blank space.
Me, the one with all the time to give.

I take the train heading uptown,
Always on this same day,
Alongside the same man.
My Man of Wednesday.

Entry One: Sharp Tongue

Recently I had an encounter with my current general manager. My general manager, whom I will address as Ms. A, expresses concern about my feelings towards her ability to maintain command and professionalism at work. Honestly, I have nothing against her personally. Outside of work, she’s open to conversation and willing to try new things. However, at work, she procrastinates—waiting last minute to confront an issue. Currently it’s in the air that I’ve bad-mouthed Ms. A on her work ethics along with other things. An anonymous co-worker dropped my name in conversation while accusing Ms. A of favoritism of certain employees (whom most believe should’ve been fired long, long ago). Yes, while I believe Ms. A is sluggish and fickle; I don’t think she has “favorites”. Her problem is that she worries about how people feel—personally—about her, not about work. She made the argument that someone is always dissatisfied whether she does her job or not. Thus, in my opinion, implying that she sometimes doesn’t do her job—that she’s unreliable. It’s better to just do the job. People will always dislike someone for something, but what I need is a general manager that helps me. It’s stressful doing managerial work while not receiving any form of extra compensation—like a damn raise or promotion. I seriously work so hard every day. I wake up two in the morning (2 am) and finish my shift at two-thirty in the afternoon (2:30 am). Afterwards I have college classes to attend and then tons of assignments to complete. Today, I noticed her crying and felt horrible. She has cancer (everyone knows this already) and I understand it’s hard, really hard to deal with. After a long talk with Ms. A, although I’m right, I believe I was being too harsh then. Perhaps, if I had thought more about it, I could've confronted this manner differently. Can't undo what's already done.

Oh! When I find that asshole whom name dropped me--it's brawl time.

Today's Poem: The Nobody

I don't know where I am.
I don't know where I am from.
I don't know where I am headed.
I don't know how far I have gone.

How long have I been alone?
How long have I stood here?
How long should I wait?
How long should this take?

I don't know who I am.
I don't know my parents.
Where are my prints?
What is my name?

Are you no one like me?
Standing by me silently.
Waiting for some direction.
Wanting for an identity.

We are no one here.
So lets combine minds,
Take abandoned names and faces.
Lets commit a crime of the ages.

Lets commit the perfect crime.
Because you and I are long lost.
Trapped within the cracks of this system.
We're screaming for some assistance.

Faces as blank as paper plates.
We can rob banks bare faced.
Steal identities of recently deceased,
And start a new crime spree.

We'll never stop until we're captured.
Top story in every paper.
You and I will no longer remain lost.
The world will have to see us.

I wonder if anyone will know us.

Working on a alternate world concept with a friend. To bad my laptop recently died. It had a good five years on it. Lol. Posting from my smartphone. Damn it. I wish this damn Mac would work again.

Entry Two: Unforeseen Accusations and Behaviors

Hello everyone! Since joining I’ve been somewhat inactive—occasionally lurking. It’s time to show more or less activity with this awesomely mediocre journal post. Not that anyone cares, I think. Now, straight to the point! These past two week have been somewhat awkward for me and my fellow co-workers. The knowing of a certain manager sabotaging certain new employees within his charge wasn’t secret amongst us veterans. If anything, a pleasant co-worker and I thought of reporting it. However, our current general manager isn’t very trustworthy either—well unprofessional when handling stressful situations. The pleasant co-worker came to befriend one of the new employees, one being targeted by said shady manager, and revealed this manager’s previous wrong doings and intentions. Of course, the new employee went directly to HR (Human Resources). Here where things becomes strange. The new employees filed a sexual harassment claim against said manager. Frankly, this surprised everyone. Yes, this manager is shady asshole, but a sexual predator? Not likely.

Wait! Hear me out! The shop is small. No upstairs or downstairs or basement. Plus there are a total of ten to twelve employees. Our staff room is the size of a broom closet and there’s only one unisex bathroom located towards the shop’s entrance. Yes, the same bathroom used by customers. It’s almost impossible for acts of sexual harassment to occur. Almost Impossible, that is. I considered the possibility of it happening outside of work or during rush hours. Now, I’m assuming the sexual harassment claim was made against the shady manager, but I believe it might’ve been someone else. During the investigation, the GM (General Manager) was suspended—of course, but not the shady manager. Strange. Upon returning, the GM lost so much weight (from barely eating) and was quiet; only conversing when necessary—mostly with customers. The new employee was transferred to another shop. Not so strange. Everyone is now on guard—wary of becoming too friendly and sharing like before. Depressing.

Monday, January 19th, (before the GM returned) a somewhat new co-worker (a girl fresh out of high school and college freshman) opened shop with me that early morning. Now, as administrative opener, I wake up 3am every morning, leaving around 4am. I arrive to work, on time, around 5:20am. The first thing I’m barraged with is tasks done incorrectly (by the freshman) and an annoying teenage attitude. Tired of the back-talk, eye-rolling and her returning back from breaks twenty minutes late—I said something. I made it clear that two other co-workers need their breakfast break and that she’s taking from their time. What did I get? Eye rolling, teeth sucking and her flipping that horse hair behind her shoulders before saying, “I was on the phone. Gwad. Why the hell you always on me?”

Had. Enough. I had enough of that teenage bullshit. Out of the stress I said, “You little cunt. Every damn morning, you make shit difficult for the rest of us. Are you confused because I’m not your mother. I will break your jaw. Honestly, you have little regard to anyone else other than yourself, but keep trying me. I have two other jobs. I’m not afraid to clock out right now and break you.” So she tried to laugh it off. But I wasn't fucking around that morning. “You better change your shift and learn some fucking respect. You don’t deserve the hours you’re getting, ya fucking leech.”

So today, she was all buddy-buddy with the GM. In fact the two left together. Never seen that shit before. The GM was recently talking trash about firing that teen-twat and suddenly they’re buddies. Not surprising. They almost act the similar. I hate his fucking place, but a job is a job. I have to pay dues.

Back
Top Bottom