Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A bond never Broken ( wiki234 and DragonDaught3r)

DragonDaught3r

Planetoid
Nicole had just recently finished her training apparently just in time for a spartan in need of a partner. She considered herself lucky most of her friend had to wait months before being assigned a partner. Though she found it odd she would be partnered with a male. But all things aside Nicole was excited beyond doubt her partner would be arriving today by pelican. What would he look like? Would he be nice? All these question swarmed her mind as she took a seat on the bench. Dawning her full suit of white and gold trimmed armor, the matching helmet resting atop nicoles crossed legs. Her jade green eyes searching the sky for any sign of the pelicans. Soon and hour passed and the blonde grew tired of waiting, Nicole's rump sore from all the sitting. She stood giving a luxerious stretch finally spotting the pelicans on the horizon. " that must be him!" ,she whispered nervously running a hand through her hair. Watching the pelicans near the barracks landing by the vehicle bay. She could see troops coming from the ships but no Spartans and her hopes diminished she gave a sigh and sat back down just as a spartan stepped from the ship. Recruits had begun to gather once the pelicans landed obviously curious as to what was going on. Most of them gawking in aww at the new spartan that the ships had brought. Wispers echoed through the crowd as she could see the male spartan making his way toward her followed by a few UNSC troops. The crowd parting allowing the spartan clear passage, once he was close enough Nicole quickly stood giving a respectful nod " sir."

Kairu had been a veteran soldier in his early followed by being a volunteer in the early Spartan program hoping to make super soldiers that would allow them to win the war more quickly and safely. He was tough, and rather talll, standing at 6"2. His armor was bigger and heavier than many of the other Spartans, but that's what you were given when he's been fighting for almost his whole life, it was the only thing he actually looked forward to and had fun in sometimes. Sure he could maybe show off a bit but he was Determined leader, and a brilliant tactician. Kairus armor, a full suit of black with a red trim, had several scratches and bullet dents from previous battles. But that didn't stop him at all from coming back from a heavy battle. Kairu walked off the pelican and headed to the barracks seeing his assigned partner already waiting. He stood tall and hulking in front of her just from how big his armor was, almost blocking the sun behind him and giving her a bit of shade for the moment. "At ease spartan..." He told her turning around to the other soldiers. " I am here today as commander of this forward operating base. As you may not know... Many of these veteran Spartans are assigned full leadership status to run the base and make sure it running smoothly and in the shape of being combat ready should we face an attack...my real name is of no importance to you, I either go as two names, my code name... That being venom....or as you are allowed to address me only as commander unless otherwise told...for now I want you all to maintain this base in combat ready conditions. Global Base training starts at 0700 hours..."

Nicole looked up to her partner as he spoke to her, she knew he deserved utmost respect and she planned on giving him that. She only stood at 5'8", small compared to kairu. Her armor smaller and sleeker not showing a single scratch or dent displaying just how fresh out of training she was. But even with her greenness against her, Nicole still could hold her own against Spartans much larger than herself. She was a smaller generation of spartan with near equal strength to her predecessors .
Even With her successful training and high marks she did not come from a humble beginning, her birth was never supposed to happen. Nicole was the child of two highly ranking spartan who are now discharged do to their breaking of rules. but even if her birth was frowned upon by the UNSC, Nicole was still put through the training program. Her attitude nothing short of fiery, Nicole was a quick learner and mild tempered person if anything, but she had a playful side few could coax out.
Nicole nodded once more " yes sir," she said clasping her hands behind her back. Standing to his side but slightly behind him as he addressed the others. Once he had finished his speech Nicole looked at him " commander, would you like me to show you to your quarters?" She asked kindly glancing to the departing crowd before looking back to kairu.

He watched for a moment as everyone left to do what he had assigned him then turned to his partner, " sure thing..." He said with a nod knowing that he had to get used to the base just like her. It was easy to tell she was even barely a new recruit in the new Spartan program that they have changed since then. He waited for her to start heading inside and followed her through to the inside of the base, passing through the marines that were walking walking through around him and talking to each other. " so it seems you managed to pass the tough Spartan ll training, it's going to be harder from here with the things I've been through...I have something planned for everyone that will let me know how good this base, soldiers and especially you are...trying to survive when things really get chaotic out there...think you can handle it?" He asked continuing to follow.

Nicole nodded, " follow me, sir" ,she said flashing a smile before turning and walking toward the barracks. Her hips swaying as she kept a steady pace just in front kairu. Murmuring a quick " hello" to the marines as they past by. " yes sir I passed with flying colors, or so they say" Nicole said respectfully in reply. " only time will tell commander" Nicole said before stopping at one of the doors and opening it. Entering the room " I should have warned you, it is standard protocol for partners to stay in the same quarters hence the two beds sir." Nicole motioned toward one bed on one side and the bed opposite of it. " but if you're not comfortable with it I'm sure you might be able to change it." Nicole stood looking at kairu her hands once more clasped behind her back. " but I do point out that do to your rank you have received one of the more graciously sized rooms commander." Nicole glanced around before her gaze returned to her partner, " would you like me to show you anything else sir?"

Kairu followed until they stopped at the room, then looked over at her when she explained it, "well....I'm glad your one of the few gifted rookies out there....and I don't mind at all if we share...I have no problem with that so there's no reason to change then.." He sighed and looked around. "As my partner I have to train you a bit harder...Spartans are ment to rally these soldiers and use them for what they are good for. A good Spartan commander knows when it's time to push or pull back his troops. Go fully defensive and let the enemy come to us or strike an angle and push them back using clever use of your troops supporting each as well as even the environment itself." Kairu said explaining about how one day she would become a hardened veteran knowing she was taught something by a real Spartan who knew what he actually was doing instead of those other commanding Spartans. "I will train you to be something even the UNSC will be afraid of....you think you'll be able to do it?" He asked again to her.

He crossed his arms and looked turned to see marines walking down the hallways... " combat training starts in 10 minutes...show me what you can do..." He went back to her question for a moment, " maybe later but for now your free to do whatever until then..." Kairu nodded at her and turned to walk down the hallway to another part of the base.

Nicole gave another smile, " thank your for kind comments commander." Nicole's green eyes watching kairu intently as he spoke. She was listening to every word knowing that it would have some importance, though it may not be apparent just yet. " I understand sir, I plan to meet your expectations." She knew faith in her partner was key and right now he had her faith bestowed in him. This training would prove useful someday and she belived that. " sir I will do my best no matter what to achieve it," Nicole said seriously. Wondering if she would truly be able to do what he asks, there was only one way to find out by perusing it. Her attention flicking to the marines just as kairus did. He obviously startled a few of them before they jogged off to get prepared for training. " of coarse later than, I'm sure I'll have time to show you around if you wish." Nicole sighed as he left sitting down on her bed. Wondering just how grueling this may turn out to be. But even with that Nicole knew she could handle it. Her sleek body could take a beating before she gave up, a heavy beating if anything. Her training never came close to breaking her but Nicole worried this just might.

Kairu sighed and walked out of the base seeing some marines working on stuff that they needed to do. Get everyone out here." He told, seeing them run boast him into the base and getting everyone. "Time to break them.." He said turning to look what the surroundings were around the base. It was two narrow hills that sloped down, which had trees that surround some of the area and big rocks were in the middle that could be used to hide behind.. "Let's them as a team...." He said walking over and finding two small rocks on the floor. Kairu stood and waited hiding the two rocks behind his back and waiting for anyone. Soon there were more marines that started come up and they all lined up in front of him with 6 lines that had 8 marines in a line, in all having 48 marines in the entire base and two spartans. "Now listen!" He said getting their attention and waiting for a moment before he would talk

Alicia stood grabbing her helm when she heard the announcement that everyone was needed outside. she stood Jogging out side to join the rest falling into line. Slightly relived to be doing something other than sitting around. Alicia wasn't an idle body what so ever, this usually making her even more exceptional when training. She lined up amongst the rest Standing near the front looking at kairu. Her helm tucked in the crook of her elbow as she awaited briefing. "What could he possible have in mind out here?" Alicia wondered. Glancing around at the landscape before her gaze once more rested on kairu. Her attention fully his as he awaited the rest to hush up and pay attention.

Kairu looked over at all of them, "all of you are here today for a purpose...that being to fight. I know that you cannot lie not wanting to fight and risk your own life for a cause that maybe lost..." He sighed for a moment and looked down then back up at the crowd remebering his partners death suddenly flashing in his mind again. Kairu looked up and stayed strong, " well...I thank you for being here today and I am honored to fight by all of you today...many of you may not know it, but many veterans like me only get the strength to become heroes because you chose to risk your lives." Kairu then started to slowly walk down in between the rows and continuing to talk, " I am honored for you to answer the call to destiny..you were born to be the best soldiers and you have answers her call without weakness..south out hesitation...you must know how to observe....without it you cannot fight...you must know how to fight....without it you cannot protect...and you must know to protect...or else everything you have ever known will disappear forever..."

When he reaches the end, he walked back and stood in front of them again.. "We will finish this fight!!!" He said yelling it to the crowd...then suddenly the crowd yelled with him saying " we will finish the fight!!" It seemed many of them had s newfound courage and desire to learn from I'm and become the best he would expect them to be. After a moment the cheering died down and everyone looked at him waiting for orders for the training he had for them... "Now everyone in your rows are your new teammates for the rest of the day..all of you are a team and I want you to act like a team...now I want you all to choose your captain and I want the captains to step forward...these captains are responsible for the lives of your teammates, and this training will prepare you for scenarios you will encounter on the battlefield...now first lesson is troop management and before we start I want everyone to grab an unloaded rifle and pistol and come back here...now!!" After a moment everyone started running back into the base and grabbing their gear, forming into the lines again... "Let's play a little game shall we??"

Nicole listened closely to kairu as he spoke. His lecture surely inspiring to her and the others. Her jade green following his every move as he walked amongst them. Nodding in respect and understand as he passed by her. " I'm honored to be the partner of a veteran spartan," Nicole thought to herself silently. Following every inspirational word, it certainly was motivating. With his finishing words Nicole was the first to yell back, " We will finish this fight!" the others following her lead.
Nicole turned to her row so they could decide on a leader, but to her surprise they were all looking at her. The murmur among her group further proving what they were thinking. They wanted her to be their leader despite how much of a newbie she was. 'Could it possibly be because I'm a spartan or the overseers partner?" Nicole wondered turning back to face kairu some one shoving her forward so she stood up front apart from the main group. Looking at the other captains who stepped forward along with her. All looking and listening intently to kairu as he spoke. Once he gave the word Nicole jogged off amongst the rest of the marines. Gathering the instructed gear her helmet held in her hand as she jogged back taking her place at the front of her line. "A game? Well that was certainly unexpected." Nicole muttered hearing the confused murmuring of the crowd before it vanished into silence. All of them waiting for an explication of some sort.

( sorry had to take care of a few family things)

(That's fine)

Kairu looked over at the captains for a moment then seeing prepared with what he had asked, "commanders! You are weak! But I will turn that around, one thing many do not know is that the leaders are being the one being taught instead of the soldiers being taught. If you cannot understand your own strengths and weaknesses and if you cannot Learn to over come it then you will not be able to understand the strength and weaknesses of your other squad members and help them overcome it. With that in mind, you will have known to use your strengths to cover each other weaknesses. You are made to be what I call a shock team. The shock team are made to be fast, be able to adapt quickly even with the certainty of total defeat. They use their environment and the leader positions their troops so that they have perfect synergy to cover each other weak points, making them as strong as a living inpenetrable fortress. They are smart and cunning and I hope at least one of you squads may claims that title."

Kairu sighed and crossed his arms, "now onto the little game." He looked wround for a moment to think. "We will play a simple game of capture the flag...but with a twist. One squad is called as defenders, and one side is the capture. " the defenders are together holding position to defend the flag. But...the squad who is capturing is split. There will be two on either side of the field, and they must find a way to reunite back together without being hit. There's is an ammo cache behind you that you may not have seen. That's because I've hidden it just behind that rock.." He said pointing to it "those bullets you'll shoot each other are modified to not kill anyone. They will sinple bounce off anything they hit. I want everyone to load up and...are there any volunteers?"

Nicole listened closely slightly afraid of failure at the moment. she didn't want to let her team down, not after they had chose her to lead them. but she had a certain amount of confidents just not enough to make her successful in this endeavor. but if all went as planned her team would give her the confidence she needs for this. it was obvious they had saw something in her that she hadn't, other wise her team wouldn't have chose her to be captain. they trusted the newbie, her team was confident in her so why should Nicole not be confident in herself. after all she had the trust of more experienced soldiers.
" ah, yes the game," Nicole thought to herself. slightly intrigued by the game he chose and how kairu had called it "simple". this games twist did not seem simple what so ever, but who knows it may turn out to be "simple" once they are on the field. Nicole didn't bother to turn her head, she had seen the cache but didn't pay mind to it. the cache had seemed unimportant at first during the initial briefing. once everyone's attention had turned toward kairu once more she heard the murmurs of her team. they sounded excited and ready to go, Nicole turned her head slightly listening to them decide which position they wanted to take. what she heard wasn't surprising at the least her team had chosen defenders. once they made their final decision Nicole stepped up, " sir, we volunteer as the defending team." Nicole spoke these words confidently feeling just as excited as her team was.

kairu crossed his arms, and looked around waiting for a moment, hearing the answer for volunteers. " very well then...who will take on in leading the offensive!' he said looking around at the other squads. " We will take the second role!' one of the other squads yelled out to him. Kairu looked at everyone for a moment then turned and crossed his arms. " Teams! take your positions on the hill. Time to show me what you can do. As for the rest of the squads I want you to take note and watch the commanders closely. you will understand the struggles and decisions you will face in real combat. For now it seems you can make mistakes without the risk of the death. I want all of you to take that out of your heads and think that this is the real thing. Nothing is what it seems, everything will surely get harder from here and I will not be so nice in dealing with your carless mistakes. Do I make myself clear!?" he said watching the squads take their position. 'squads if you are ready! you may...' he said pausing for a moment "begin!!"

Nicole nodded jogging off to take position. Her team following closely behind her listening to her small bits of advice. " short bursts, it'll conserve ammo and take down more of the enemy," Nicole said taking position and loading her rifle. She allowed her team to position themselves accordingly, only correcting a few of them. Some hidden in cover and others in a slightly more open position. Nicole gave herself a more open position. Allowing her to watch her team and the some of the enemy team. From where she was Nicole could move to help anyone of her comrades. She knew how most commanders stayed slightly back, but she had no plans to do that. Nicole was going to fight beside them and help, possibly correcting mistakes and giving orders as she went. Once they had themselves positioned Nicole awaited to begin. Finally hearing kairus signal her eyes flicking over her ranks before moving to the enemy teams position. A few of them visible as they moved forward, Nicole moved amongst two team mates. " watch those trees and rocks for movement, don't take the shot unless you're sure youll hit," Nicole instructed clearly, motioning to the tree line. She then moved to another group " you two will move up and behind the enemy on my mark, until then stay down."

kairu just crossed his arms and watched. "two over there...' he said pointing at the rocks, and one spotter over there, two there and wait to spring the trap if they come near.' one of the other squad leaders from the enemy told his team. it seemed the only plan was to lure them all out and be able to provide enough support in case they needed it to take her team down since they were still close enough to see each other, but they still needed to be careful. two of the enemy team laid on the ground aiming their rifles and waiting while the commander and one other squad mate tried to move in through the trees. " hmmm...' he said wondering what exactly the plan was. Kairu crossed his arms and just continued to watch remembering his other battles where you weren't fighting for practice here, you were fighting for your life against the real thing.

Back
Top Bottom