Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Search for Answers (Dream and Pony)

Mortals_Dream

Super-Earth
Sean settled down in the roughly hewn chair, oak groaning as he settled his wieght down onto the old wood. The chair matched the rest of the inn, old and battered but still standing after the many years. This town and its buildings had stood for decades. Before Sean had been born and it would probably stand for many years after he was dead. The village was nestled into the foot hills of the mountain range known as the Hand of the Gods, five peaks that jutted up from the flat plains around them, reaching up into the heavens like a grasping hands. Three were plenty of rumors circling those mountains, drawing in all sorts of adventure seekers, meaning that the small town was wealthy and well built for its size.

It was one of those seekers that brought him here today. Sean made a good living as a tracker, guide, and hunter for the town area, leading men looking for glory up into the mountains. Of course he usually brought them back disappointed and broken but the poit was that he brought them back. The Hand wasn't a nice place and plenty went up there never to com back. That was why Sean was the best.

He looked the part as well. Dirt stained leathers and clothes died deep greens and browns swathed his form, designed ot keep himwarm and hidden in the mountains. Ragged brown hair hung around his face, just hiding a pair of intelligent green eyes behind long bangs. A bow, unstrung at the moment rested across his back along with a thin quiver, as well as twin blades hanging from his belt, all worn with use but still well cared for. All and all it spoke of a man who made his living surviving in a wilderness that coudl kill you all too easily.

So he was here for a job. Just one more in a string of adventures that he would take up into danger and if at all possible brings back down in one piece.

A wagon pulled up in front of the old inn the weathered wood creaking in protest as it came to halt after a long ride. The smaller of the two passengers carefully climbed down feeling around and eventually taking her pack. She turned thanking the driver for the ride, Her face hidden by the dark brown cloak. She pulled the staff out that was tied to her pack feeling her way to the entrance of the inn. She made her way to speak with the owner inquiring about her guide. The owner nodded and lead her to a stiff wooden chair. As she sat down she felt a strange tingling feeling due to the long ride here, she just hoped this was all worth this.

Ariella pulled back the hood of her cloak first revealing her slender but firm jawline, which seemed to match her more petite features giving her the appearance of youth but also wisdom. Her eyes were a hazy gray color as if her very soul had been removed though they were surrounded by strange scars almost like burns, her long light blonde almost white hair draped down past her shoulder now being no long contained by the hood. Her fair skin showed that she had not seen much of the sun for many years, but her short but lean figure showed she had not neglected her fitness. She wore a pair of light brown trousers that did not even cling to her body hardly at all with a beige tunic stopping just above her knees but was slightly fitted. Her feet were covered but tightly wrapped brown leather boots.

She sat there silently waiting to hear from this stranger who was to lead her into mountains where she hoped to seek out this threat she had foreseen coming.

Sean could guess who his charge was supposed to be before the inn keeper ever walked over to him. In fact he waved the innkeeper away, already knowing what he needed to know. This town tended to draw lots of strange ones what with the Hand and all but this lady was strange even for them. A beautiful woman certainly wasn't one of the normal people who can for an adventure and certainly not one that seemed to be blind. This must be some kind of joke though, after all how was a blind woman going to make it through the trecharous footing that covered the mountain.

The guide walked across the floor, making sure that his boots made noise and he slipped into the seat across from her. "So I am assuming you are Mrs. Ariella? I hope this isn't some sort of pleasure trip for you ma'am, the Hand is no place for a blind woman."

Ariella listened carefully as she heard footsteps, she listened carefully to every sound this stranger made hearing a creak from the chair across from her she knew who it was. Once she heard him speak She smiled a bit as he said this was no place for her. "This is hardly what I would call a pleasure trip. I have things I seek and that I need to destroy, I do not have a choice I am the only one that knows that is coming for destruction." she said softly. Her voice was soft and melodic but not so soft it was child like. "I am sure you know where I came from to meet with you so you should well know that I would never leave unless it was of urgent circumstances." she paused for a long moment "it has been a long day for me I will need some rest for tomorrow. I will meet with you here in the morning" she said softly. She slowly got up walking over to where she had found the inn keeper from the memory of her steps. She paid for a room and he guided up to her room. She locked the door behind her she set down her pack and climbed into bed going to sleep. She kept tossing and turning in her sleep the vision playing over and over in her head.

"As you say it is my lady. Please just make sure that you are awake early for tommorow. After all we should get off early in the morning." Sean watched her go, her steps seeming to be sure as she moved across the inn floor. Still he also noticed she traced her own footsteps, not able to move a new trail across the room. That might prove worisome tommorow in the mountains but that could only be found out tommorow when he saw how she behaved on new and rough ground.

Sean turned himself after she had moved up the stairs, heading outside the inn. After all he did his buisness out of this town and he did own his own home here. Besides now that he had a bit more information he could know any special equipment that he had to bring. After all each client needed special consideration and while much of the gear would be the same there would be some things that would be needed knowing what kind of woman he was leading now.

Ariella always woke early she never rested well, she gave her skin a quick wash then redressed in the same clothes as the previous day everything in her pack was labeled perfectly. She pulled out a bottle and took a capsule out swallowing it. She pulled her cloak and boots making her way slowly down the stairs she had inn pack up a couple loafs of bread and some dried fruits and vegetables for her. She paid them and ate a bit of the vegetables to get her going this morning. She filled her water skins and stuffed all but one water skin in her pack and hung the remaining one across her back and chest.
Ariella left the inn with her staff in hand, she made her way out the door feeling around hesitantly with the staff she had not been outside the small temple community she had lived in since she was a small child shortly after she had lost her parents and her sight. It felt so strange to her living outside of that place she had grown to call her home.

Sean was up early, the nature of his job and the place where he worked making him wake up as soon as the sun rose. His pack was already on his back as he waited in the bottom floor of the inn, his weapons slung in easy to reach. After all the mouantains weren't a safe place and it was best if he was ready to deal with whatever they might happen upon. Despite the holy sounding name as the Hand of the Gods, their was very little that seemed holy up on the mounatains. Just wild animals and desperate men scratching their exsistance out.

Sean stood as Ariella left the inn stepping up beside her and laying his hand on her shoulder to let the woman know that he was here. "There are a few things that you have to know before we set off. First, when we are in the mountains you are to listen to whatever I have to tell you. Anything I tell you is designed to keep you alive. Second try and keep close to me. If you can't protect yourself then I will do my best to, but t only works if you don't wander off. Do you understand?"

She flinched slightly when he touched her shoulder "I assure you I am well aware of the dangers that await me on the mountain and the things I am looking for are far more dangerous than what weapons you could possibly possess. I am prepared for the dangers that I might meet I have faced things similar but no where near as dangerous but still evil before." she said simply. She may be blind but she knew how to survive. She took a step away from him though she did not like to be touched "we are seeking something that is powerful enough to bring complete chaos to this world again. I thought you should know what we are hunting." she said softly. "now lets get moving shall we I would like get as much done as possible." she said. "so what brought you to this trade?" she asked.

Back
Top Bottom