Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome to Accel(Max and I)

Pietro just shook his head at first to Amethyst's comment. "Even I have my limits, professor. And these three are it." Just fine? They made so much noise and such a fuss, bickering with each other the entire time. He had to disagree with her on that, and even if she found it funny, Pietro took to their grading with 100% seriousness. This Jack was all work and no play obviously. "Hm?" Looking up ahead, the star student of Accel knelt down as two Undead Hounds began stalking through the brush towards the trio. Alexander's voice pierced into the air unhindered, and he already knew that the Berserker was in a rude awakening. And as the two beasts leapt into action, Pietro couldn't help but find a bit of irony in their chosen target. "I suppose this was amusing to you too?" The sound of Alexander's body hitting the solid trunk across from where he hid could be heard loudly. "Ironic, considering he was the one advising them to keep their guard up..."

Alexander turned his head suddenly as Abigail and Hannabelle were right beside him, punching one of his palms as he gazed forward. "Purge them?" He asked without looking to the woman. Though it took him a second, he came to realize that Abigail was on the right track. Holy magic, of course. The typical weakness of all undead, even the strongest of lich unable to withstand the righteous wrath that came from such magic. It was then that a white book was summoned, and he did a double take. "W-Whoa, how much magic do you actually know?" Alexander didn't have time to stammer anymore, and upon hearing both growls approaching closer, he face forward once more.

"I suppose." Came Pietro's response as he stood and leaned against a tree, arms crossed over his chest. "Holy magic itself is difficult in itself to conjure. She's earned some points for that. And it seems Ms. Riley doesn't take too long with her transformations either." He made observations as they were made, watching as Hannabelle, now a wolf, took to combat. She was agile and did well with avoiding the strikes delivered unto her. If this was her wolf form, it did make him curious as to how else she performed in a more aquatic form or a bear.

Meanwhile, the Berserker took a step forward, ready to strike, but the sound of another growl caught his ears. A third Undead Hound suddenly leapt over Hannabelle and her target, quickly joining the first against Alexander. "Tch!" Hands up and on guard, Alexander grinned. "I need to beat you first before I move on to the new guy here. I owe you for sucker punching me." The hounds only seemed to snarl louder in response and charged, meeting the young man head on. He wasn't as agile as perhaps Hannabelle, but he easily caught the open jaws of the third hound and tossing it off to the side, even though it landed on its feet and shook its head. The first hound bit at the dirt as Alexander jumped up, clearing out of harm's way before coming down with a hard knee on to the creature's head. Despite it's undead state, it still yelped in pain and surprise before releasing another pained bark as Alexander's roundhouse kicked connected square with its side, strong enough to even send it barreling into its twin he had just tossed. They were quick to recover, however. But as one rushed Alexander, the other ignored him completely and suddenly jumped to Abigail.

"Where do you think you're going?!" He sidestepped the first attacker and suddenly rammed the hound out of the air, sending it to the earth. But then the first hound attempted to strike at Abigail next. Yet like clockwork, Alexander met the beast as well, punching it square in its unhinged jaw and knocking it down. It was clear though that the beasts were attempting to get past the Berserker, seeing Abigail as the more dangerous of the three as they sensed her holy magic. But no matter how they tried, Alexander deflected them off of her, even as they attacked at the same moment.

An interested hum left Pietro's lips. "So he's looking to be a Vanguard, hm? We don't have many Vanguards, do we professor?" He questioned, faring eyes over to Abigail and Hannabelle once more. "And if Hunter shows more promise, she could quickly climb up the mage ranks. And I'm sure you'd love a cat, wouldn't you? We can rent out Riley to you then." Despite the joke, Pietro said it with the utmost seriousness, wish just made the joke seemed... almost like he really would rent out Hannabelle to Amethyst. "... I'm joking." Ah, the clarification. Or was he?

"I know you're joking, Pietro....it's just hard to laugh when you sound so uninterested." Amethyst answered with a grin as she watched.

Normally Abigail would be happy to brag about her magical talents, but now was not the time. The spell she was using required effort and concentration. The book flipped open by itself and she began uttering the magic spell, the ground beneath her beginning to glow with runes and circles. She knew it would attract the undead creatures but she had trusted them to keep them off her. She had sensed a third creature, but she remained calm. The most important part of being a combat mage was to keep your calm, even if your enemy was in the middle of attack themselves.

Hannabelle growled as the beast she took on was matching her blow by blow. She couldn't tear it to pieces with her fangs because she knew it would be bad news to let the blood of these creatures get into her mouth. She pushed rammed it back several feet away from her before opening her mouth and summoning a sword especially made for when she was in animal form. Then, with her superior speed she charged at it and ran her blade through it's side, causing it to land on the ground, it's black blood dripping to the ground and killing the grass underneath it. Though it's flesh mended back together and it was back on it's feet once more.

"Huh..that's odd." Amethyst began as she leaned forward to watch the three do battle, particularly at Hanna's fight. There was something strange about these creatures. "I have never seen those types of monsters regenerate before. Only holy energy can slay them if that's the case. But it looks like Abigail has it under control. For a novice, she casted that spell faster than it would normally take."

The book in Abigails hand disappeared, and then turned into a bow made purely from divine magic. Three glowing arrows materialized and she released them all, each honing onto the creatures. They hit their marks, instantly vaporizing their targets in one go. Had it not been for her teammates, the creatures might have been able to dodge her spell. Hannabelle seemed confused, though she didn't let her guard down. "We need to go...now. More than likely my holy magic was probably felt by any demons nearby. Hanna, let me ride on you back. You can maneuver the woods faster in that form, and Alexander will be able to keep up." She said, now realizing that they no longer had the luxury of being careful.

"Impressive...All of them...Though, Pietro...be on the look out. I have a bad feeling about those things...they were pure evil to be expelled like that just by a single touch of divine magic. If they were regular demons, their bodies wouldn't have disintegrated like that...." Amethyst commented as she leaned back in her chair. "Seems like they are finally taking this seriously..."

Hanna went over to Abigail and leaned down so she could climb up on top of her. The sword was still in her mouth. She didn't plan on letting her guard down again.

Being the true Vanguard he was, Alexander never once let a creature slip past his defenses, the hounds pushed off and back. Though it didn't take long for Abigail to complete her spell. In a brilliant flash of light, he looked over his shoulder to see the magnificent bow be produced from the matter of the spell book she once held. On its length rested three arrows, glowing and radiating pure holiness. And suddenly, the arrows were released and headed straight for the three hounds. Thankfully, it was right in the nick of time as Alexander turned to stare face first at an Undead Hound that went to pounce on him. He flinched lightly and brought his hands up in defense, but the next thing he heard was the sound of their forms vaporizing into thin air thanks to the holy property of Abigail's arrows.

The one facing Hannabelle was gone as well, an they all soon convened together once more. "Yeah, just set the pace." He reminded Hanna, already looking around. Off in the distance, he could hear leaves rustling, an occasional snarl as well. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say we've got more hounds on the way. And they're coming in fast." He turned to see Hanna bolting off with sword between her teeth, the Berserker quickly breaking into a sprint alongside her after catching up. The sounds of the hounds were further back, but shortly after a few minutes, paws could be heard stamping through the dirt as their bodies cut through the brush. Alexander peeked back, and at a minimum, there were at least another four or five. Three was annoying enough, so anymore, and they'd probably have a run for their money.

"I can tell." Pietro's holy zweihander cut through a pair of hounds easily as he dashed through the trees that skirted behind the trio. He still had eyes on them, and as he dodged and leapt on to a tree, he began jumping from branch to branch, keeping up behind them at a good distance. "Professor, what else are you picking up? I can sense these hounds, but there's an energy further off that I haven't sensed before. And it's headed after for Hunter." Pietro observed, eyes peeling through the hounds that attempted to attack him. This energy source in the distance was large, and it seemed to be headed their way. But it still had a ways to go, perhaps a larger, slower beast. Without knowing much more, he even wondered if it was something those three could handle even altogether.

A hound came from the side at Alexander, narrowly missing his had as it took a single strand of hair into its decayed jaws, the rancid odor of its breath wafting into his nose. "Ugh." He nearly gagged, eyes forward as he jumped over some exposed roots. "There's a ton of these bastards. We need to lose them. Somehow." Came his voice as he panted lightly during the sprint, feeling a hound try and nip at his heels. The path they were on was obscure from the main round they first appeared on, but still somewhat traversable. These hounds could easily navigate through this terrain too. So he tapped Abigail to get her attention. "Get off this path! I think I hear a waterfall not too far from here!" Without waiting for an answer, he cut off to the right and dashed through the trees.

Abigail could sense at least six presences heading for them, though the curs that were following them right now were nothing compared to what she was feeling in the distance. She could feel the hounds snapping at her feet and she held onto Hanna tighter as the girl started picking up the pace, using the sword in her mouth to fend off the ones at her side trying to nip at Abigail. Though even at her best efforts she couldn't defend her other side, and one of the hounds got the better of her, sinking its rotten claws into her fur causing her to bite down on the sword harder. Abigail saw this and immediately kicked it as hard as she could. She felt Alexander tap her on her shoulder and listened to his advice, though Hannabelle immediately was the one to react, turning sharply to the right.

Wait, this was wrong. They were heading straight towards that thing she was sensing. "Guys..I don't really think we should go this way..." Why he wanted to head to a waterfall, she'd never know. Though in normal circumstances, she would have trusted his instinct on a mission like this. "I have a really bad feeling about this way...something more powerful is in this direction, coming right for us!"

"We can't turn around, Abigail! Unless you get rid of the hounds! There are so many of them!" Hanna growled as she tried hard to keep up with Alexander, though she wasn't used to carrying someone with her and wasn't sure how long she could keep this up with her wound. Abigail sighed and then turned herself back so that she could face the things chasing them. She needed a quick and powerful spell. She summoned an orb of light, hearing the monsters snarl at it, knowing she was about to cast a spell. Opening her mouth, Abigail forced the globe of light into her mouth and took a deep breath before blowing large white flames at the ground behind them. Each of the creatures caught aflame and disappeared instantly.

"There, now we can change direc-." Abigail was interrupted when Hannabelle suddenly was stopped in her tracks, one of her paws caught in something on the ground. The force of her sudden, abrupt stop sent Abigail flying in the air and tumbling to the ground. Hannabelle panted and then looked back to see what she had tripped on, trying to free her paw so she could check on her teammate. Though whatever was around her ankle did not let go. In fact, the thing that had tripped her was a hand. A half decayed, green hand that squeezed her tightly. Then suddenly, a body ripped out of the ground and snarled at her. Though it wasn't human, it seemed like it was once a demon of the lesser class. In it's other hand was a broken sword.

Quickly Hannabelle took action and shoved her blade that was still in her mouth directly into it's side, causing it to be sliced in half. The hand let go and she jumped to her feet, running towards Abigail to see if she was okay. "Gail! I'm sorry...something caught my foot!" She told her as she arrived at her side. Abigail groaned and slowly tried to rise to her feet. Her entire body was in pain, not used to receiving such physical punishment.

"We need to get out of here...this entire area...it's cursed with magic...I know this school, this is necromancer magic!" As soon as Abigail said that out loud, another hand came from the ground and grabbed her by the hair before she could get up and yanked her back to the ground, causing her to cry out loud. Before Hanna could react, she was charged by the other zombie that she had sliced in half. It had simply regenerated.

"Pietro. Get them out of there!" Amethyst told him when her mind put two and two together. Her scrying wasn't able to tell the difference between demons and undead controlled by mages. She didn't know what or who was controlling them, but whoever it was was wanted them dead. Pietro probably would be a target as well. "Whatever you are sensing is most likely the necromancer...but it's not there yet...it's just got an insane range and is trying to keep them there so it can catch up to them!"

Alexander didn't hear what Abigail had to say, focused on getting to the waterfall. Maybe they wouldn't be able to clear through the river or water? It was worth a shot, but there was no time to think. Just action. He peered over his shoulder to see what all the commotion was about between Hannabelle and Abigail, seeing just how many undead puppies that wanted to play with them. "That's a lot." Alexander commented before he saw Abigail facing them, preparing a spell that he wasn't familiar with. It made him go wide-eyed though when she swallowed the orb, only to unleash it a fury of brilliant, white flame that enveloped their pursuers, burning any and all into a crisp. He was further impressed by her abilities, but he would never let her hear it from him. For now though, he counted his blessings and just did his best to keep on the track.

Spinning around in time to narrowly avoid a tree, he caught the sounds of Hannabelle and Abigail falling, the impact of their bodies hitting the ground making him wince a bit as he only remembered his own impact against the tree earlier. "Abigail, Hanna!" He called out to them, running over first to the mage as she rolled closest to him. A quick inspection showed no blood or any broken limbs that he could visibly see. Knowing her though, Abigail was going to feel that fall into the morning. So deeming that she was okay (hurt, but not dead), he looked to check on Hannabelle to see what she tripped on. The day just kept getting better and better...

"Zombies? Really?" Alexander groaned as he watched the wolf cleave the undead being in half, then running over to help Abigail up. "I think she's okay. You're goona be sore later, that's for sure." He told her, quickly peering past Hannabelle to even look at the burnt remains of the now deceased Undead Hounds. This only brought his attention to other carcasses rising from the ground, clutching different weapons as they moaned and hissed demonically while pulling themselves free from the earth.

Suddenly, Abigail was soon snagged by another undead hand with Hannabelle getting surprised by her previous zombie. Biting his lip, he tried to reach and grab for the one with a solid grasp on the wolf, but they were soon out of reach for him, and Alexander knew that if he didn't help Abigail, she might get swarmed. Especially since some other zombies were already halfway out of the ground. He was pressed for time, and he needed to act, but in his current state, he'd have a hell of time trying to help them both...!

Pietro scoffed at an undead demon he cleaved in half, his holy blade evaporating the creature into purified mist. His boots hit the dirt with a firm thud, staring forward at his enemies. With an annoyed sigh, he listened to the roar of two larger undead demons, resembling what appeared to be massive trolls, their four-fingered fists stamping on the ground with building rage. "I'm piecing that together now. Though, forgive me, I'm a bit preoccupied." The star student watched as the two beasts began to approach, his eyes hardening into a defiant glare. This was nothing to him, but he wouldn't deny that this would take some time.

"We've had students die during exams, professor. I'm not saying I'm willingly letting them die, but we have to accept our limits. I'll do my best to save at least two of-" He was interrupted when a sudden influx of energy came from where the trio was, stumbling some of the demons that had pulled free from the ground. "What are you seeing? What happened?" Pietro inquired as he deflected one of the undead troll's attack, cutting one of its hands off.

In a flash of light, Alexander's aura swirled around him, releasing a sudden rush of energy that forced some demons back. It was then that the waves of his spiritual energy enveloped him until he couldn't be seen, a cone having encased him until it grew slightly larger. The next thing that was heard was a loud roar, beastial and fierce that it even garnered the attention of the trolls facing Pietro. Suddenly, the aura created case shattered like glass, and Abigail would find herself free, the hand in her hair having been severed while a forceful wind rustled her hair. She'd catch a glimpse of a tail before the beast it belonged to was suddenly on top of the undead demon that attacked Hannabelle, pinned beneath two powerful clawed arms that split the thing in half once more. The creature then slung both halves far behind them, smashing violently against trees, soon roaring at another demon and attacking it savagely.

It was a drake, slamming against demons like a bull as it's rough scales blocked bites and scratches from the undead beings. A pair of black horns protruded from its otherwise white body, one piercing through the chest of one demon before being tossed to the side with a flick of its head. Long white hair flowed from its scalp as piercing yellow, fierce eyes staring at their surroundings whilst a draconic growl left it. He stood between Abigail and Hannabelle, and just like the shape shifter did, Alexander's voice spoke to them. "Are you two okay?"

Everything had happened so suddenly that Abigail though the were really in trouble. She saw Hanna suddenly being pounced on by the same undead creature she had sliced in half. She desperately tried to pull herself free but she could see the skeletal remains of another demon rising from the earth. What should she do? Her mind was in such a panic that there was no way she could cast a spell right now. However, she then saw Alexander's aura burst from his body and surround him. He shifted before her eyes, and as soon as his transformation stopped, she felt a burst of wind hit her, causing her skirt to fly up but also freeing her from the hand that had gripped her hair.

Amethyst's eyes went wide as she watched Alexander transform into a drake. "He already has that much magical power?!" She said out loud as her eyes were glued on the display as she watched his aura alone free Abigail. Then he viciously attacked the zombie that had rammed Hannabelle, and then go for the other zombie that had spawned from the ground. "Leander just transformed into a drake...successfully! I had no idea he could do that...his speed and strength have also been enhanced from his transformation...they'll be able to take care of themselves for now, but if the necromancer finds them.." Amethyst trailed off, knowing Pietro would get her drift.

Abigail looked at Alexander, completely impressed. She had no idea he was capable of this, and it wasn't just shape shifting magic. She realized though, that they would not be able to get rid of the zombies unless they attacked with holy magic. She had to bless them with a divine spell so they could also expel the evil necromancer school. She looked at Hannabelle, who had just gotten up on all fours and was panting heavily. She wasn't doing to well.

"I'm alright..." Hanna said though Abigail clearly saw the blood dripping from the previous wound she had taken early. It looked worse now. Though Abigail could heal it, she didn't have time right now. They had three zombies here trying to regenerate, though Alexander had messed them up so much they were taking a while.

"I'm okay, too, but we have to get out of here! That powerful force is coming closer and I don't want to find out what it is!" Abigail placed her hand on Hanna's sword and it began to glow dully. Then she went over to Alexander and did the same with the claws on his right hand. "Now when you guys kill them they will stay dead..the spell won't last for more than an hour though..."

Pietro's holy blade sliced through undead bone and sinew, downing one of the troll's as he quickly beheaded the other, watching as their remains burst into purified radiance that soon evaporated into the air. It was just in time for the young man spot Alexander's drake form while Amethyst spoke. His eyes narrowed briefly as he watched curiously for a moment. "A Berserker. We don't have many of those at all, so should he pass this test," A quick pause as he wiped out the approaching demons behind him, joining their larger comrades in death. "And survive, he'll be useful. Especially if he can willingly transform into his Beast Form without issue. Though, I hope he's prepared to deal with..." Pietro didn't say anything else as he simply shook his head. "I suppose I should be more concerned about our current predicament. Please locate this necromancer, Ms. Amethyst. I'll intercept them and make sure to steer them clear of it." The blood on his sword was tossed off with the simple flick of his wrist, his eyes taking in the sight of it not only killing the grass and plants at his feet, but also corrupting it. This truly was powerful magic.

The draconic tail swung back and swatted two zombies back, but he could hear Hannabelle and Abigail speaking, barely getting anything from what they were talking about. However, it was when he felt Abigail's hands take his right clawed hand. A soft glow enveloped the deadly razors, and for a moment, Alexander simply gazed into it. An hour of a holy right hand? It was rather funny, as if he were delivering a fist of judgement upon the especially damned. "Thanks, this'll help." He replied to Abigail as he nodded lightly. Almost as if to be the first example of his temporary ability, a zombie had suddenly leapt into the air and aimed to come down on Abigail. Alexander reared his claws back and thrust forward, ripping into the middle of the undead being and tearing a clean chunk out of it. But it didn't matter the area of damage, for the zombie had soon disintegrated like the hounds Abigail vanquished earlier. He couldn't help but close his right hand and roar triumphantly. "This is awesome! I can totally kick ass with this!"

His joy was momentary, as his mind came back to what Abigail warned them of. He faced them both, Hannabelle and the mage, assessing the damage of the shape shifted wolf. They would definitely need to heal her, and there was no telling what disease she was at risk of getting from those vile undead. Abigail's spells could quickly take out a group, but taking in their foes' numbers, it would no doubt overwhelm even her. And as much as his drake form granted him even greater speed, mobility, and strength (in addition to the means given to him to completely get rid of a zombie), he would be in the same boat as Abigail and would have difficulty keeping up with the amount of creatures thrown at them.

"Okay, so we run. Hanna, are you okay enough to run?" He then looked at Abigail. Ordinarily, even if she saw him in this form, he wouldn't be caught dead even thinking of offering her what he was about to. However, life and death situations seemed to change people pretty easily. "Abigail, even if she is, ride on my back. She needs all the pressure off that wound." The wings upon his back flexed just slightly, mainly to hug closer to his ribs and offering his back. Chances are that it wouldn't be the most comfortable ride, but his larger frame and form offered her more room to ride upon while she could hold on to the junction where his wings met his back. "And hurry up! There's no time to argue."

Several more carcasses were breaking through the earth behind them as they spoke. In a rush, Alexander suddenly picked up Abigail by the back of her collar and thrust her upon his back. He then used his tail to push Hanna along . "C'mon! If you need to, I could carry you on my back too!" But if she was good, then it'd be good to have her blade at the ready. He then broke off into a dash, keeping his wings in as the trees around them made it difficult to have them extended. How he'd love to take flight, but there wasn't enough clearance around him to do so.

"Professor," Pietro glared past a headless corpse as he felt a great, terrible force suddenly gaining on their locations. His fingers were clasped tightly around the holy blade as he then broke into a sprint towards the trio. "That necromancer might be closer than you suspected..." Even he knew this would not be an easy fight for him if it came down to it. Their only true hope was to try and outrun this necromancer. Emphasis on try.

"Damn it! How did this happen?! This dimension shouldn't have any demons this powerful!" Amethyst shouted as she tried desperately to pinpoint this unexpected threat so she could analyze it and give Pietro proper intel. "I can't even lock onto it...on my display it's nothing but a big red dot, yet when I try to survey the area I don't see anything...it must be moving...underground...."

Abigail could feel all the hairs on her skin raise as the large demonic force came closer to them. In fact, it felt like it was directly underneath them. She shivered and then watched as more undead popped up from the ground as they ran, though both Hannabelle and Alexander took care of them as soon as they came close enough for them to attack. Though they seemed to all be focusing on Alexander and Abigail more than their wounded partner. Abigail couldn't do much as she had to recover from her last spell, not to mention she had trouble concentrating with such a deadly force near them. She could sense it more than the other two, and it was making her sick.

"It's already caught up to us..." Abigail mumbled as she held onto Alexander. "This doesn't make sense...we can't fight this. This shouldn't be on the exam. So why..?" Just as she said this, the ground directly in front of them exploded, causing them to come to a sudden halt. Trees had been ripped from their roots easily, falling over on their sides. Right in front of them was the biggest demon that Abigail had ever laid eyes on. It was a truly frightening creature, it's skin a dark red color, almost brown like old blood. There were old gashes in it's chest, arms, and one large one right over it's eyes, the bone of his skull exposed to the naked eye. It did not have an eyeball in that eye, though the other one was still present, the pupil dilated and glazed over. On top of it's white, dirty head of hair, was a much smaller figure that looked their size. It was holding a large staff made from jagged wood, with bones hanging at it's curved top.

It jumped off and landed on the ground before the creature that wasn't even fully out of the ground yet! It was still sunken into the earth at it's belly, and if it fully emerged it would be nearly as tall as the trees. How were they supposed to fight that thing?!

"What do we have here?" A soft feminine voice spoke, as the figure wrapped in strange dark red robes began to approach them. Hannabelle stood next to Alexander defensively. "Some Accel runts in the making? Don't bother to run. I will kill you. Well, I'll kill you either way but...I can always bring you back to life, and kill you again...and again...and again." Abigail was frozen with fear, her mind desperately trying to figure out the best course of action to take. She then remembered that Pietro was here. That's right, he'd save them soon. Right? They couldn't possibly win or anything.

"Pietro...you're seeing this right? I finally have some information on the necromancer. She is at least level eight, so only a C class category demon. However, the gigantic demon behind her is reading of as A rank, nearly at a level twenty.." Amethyst bit her lip and then tried to think of any way possible she could save these kids. There were only two points of entry into this particular dimension and they were too far from them for her to come and help.

"What do you want form us?" Abigail's voice was calm, trying to sound as if she were not intimidated. But that, however, was easier said than done. The hooded woman turned and looked at her and for a moment was silent.

"...Entertainment. I have been trapped here for quite some time and I'm bored. There is another brat here who is powerful enough to put up a fight, but until he shows his face I will just have to deal with you three. So..." She snapped her bony, pale fingers and more zombies dead demons began to rise from the ground. "Remember. Don't run. Or I will kill you and then torture you in your deaths. Stay and fight."

The three of them were a good deal ahead of Pietro as he focused on evading the creatures attempting to snag him from below, though they did put up a good effort. He even had to slash at some to keep them at bay. Even though he was slowly gaining on them too, there was the issue that this presence was getting closer and closer, much faster than Pietro could will his legs to go faster. Glaring forward tensely, he spoke to Amethyst. "It's going to catch them first, professor." He told her, and almost immediately, he felt the ground rumble and shake. Amethyst guessed it on the money, it would seem.

As soon as the ground tore open, Alexander had to dig his claws into the ground and wrap his tail around a nearby tree to keep from sliding into the exploded ground. "Hold on!" He called out to them, his form growling in aggravation as the tree he held on to cracked somewhat, claws pulling at the earth and truly testing its sturdiness. Though thankfully, he didn't lose his grip at all. For now, it seemed to be the least of his worries. Suddenly, an abomination that completely towered over them all sprung from the massive hole in the ground, truly looking like a demon despite it's similar state to the other zombies they faced. The lack of one eye gave it such a grotesque face and appearance. He couldn't even fathom what kind of creature this thing was. Crazier was that it wasn't even completely out of the ground yet! "S-Shit, that thing is big..." His voice muttered as he released the ground and tree, backing up some. He had to crane his neck upward in order to look at its head, and that was when he noticed someone on top of it.

Despite the simple question, it had Alexander on edge, a warning growl leaving his throat. Even if Abigail had the better magical affinity in terms of sensing others, the drake she rode upon could feel its aura at this distance. He wasn't going to lie. It was taxing him, giving him stress and dread all at once. But he remained steadfast, staring at the red robed being. When Hannabelle came beside him, he kept close to her. Who was this person? This felt like way over their heads. He had to agree with Abigal at this point. Did even Ms. Amethyst and Pietro know about this?

The said star student kept his distance, watching for the moment as he spoke to Amethyst. "You know even I can't handle an A rank demon. At least, not alone. And you surely know the doors aren't remotely close." He saw the undead demons start to rise from the ground, hearing the stipulations of the necromancer. "It'll even take me a bit with the necromancer, but if we could maybe separate her from the demon, hopefully killing her will end her magic." It was a thought, and most lower level necromancers couldn't sustain their magic after death. Around C rank, however, Pietro had witnessed some still continue to do so. Some could even cause the beings they summoned to go wild and blood crazy. An A rank going insane? They'd surely die.

Alexander quickly slashed at a zombie that had gotten too close to them, reaching back to let Abigail down. He stared uneasily at the growing force of undead that sprouted like weeds, ready to kill them. And he definitely didn't forget what the necromancer wanted to do. Fight, or else she'd kill them and torture them. "Fuck..." Looking back, the girls didn't seem like in best condition. Abigail seemed well enough, but she would've cast spells by now, which only meant that she was recuperating. Hanna, of course, was wounded. And it looked nasty. His head snapped forward as he heard the groans from their enemies. They didn't have much choice. They would have to play the game for their lives at the moment, though would it matter? This demon seemed intent on her words.

Well, if that were the case, he'd give her one hell of a run for her money.

Unfortunately, Alexander didn't communicate his plans or intent, instead immediately launching forward. He had a means to kill these things, so he was going to use it. In no time he took out two, cleaving them in half and watching them evaporate into dust. "Tch, you want some entertainment, bitch?!" The drake snarled and created some distance with a sweep of his tail when demons attempted to surround him. His claws then came down on a zombie trying to rise from the ground as he crushed its skull in. "Then you're gonna have to sprout some more of these bastards a whole lot faster!"

A whole platoon of undead demons were starting to close in on Alexander's drake form, and some branched off to face Hannabelle and Abigail. And despite Alexander's best efforts, he just couldn't catch up with the numbers that were thrown up against him, and so some zombies managed to break through his line and head towards the girls as well. Though suddenly, an entire line of undead were cut down and vanished into pure light, the clear work of Pietro. Behind the growing horde, he walked up steadily, effortlessly cutting down more and more as he walked by. He merely slashed left, right, up, down, and anything in his past meant its demise instantly. He then was a mere several feet away from Hannabelle and Abigail, looking briefly at them before he gazed up to the necromancer.

"You're obstructing our exam and my testing process. I insist that you leave immediately." Came Pietro demand, his blade resting at his side and resonating a powerful, holy aura that some demons even pulled away from.

Abigail had to stay back with Hanna as Alexander launched himself forward to attack everything in his path. Her heart was beating fast and she couldn't concentrate because she felt like she was about to die. Though even though she felt that way, seeing Alexander fight so valiantly made her want to keep fighting too. Though she had to act smart. She never trained with weapons, however. Every attack she made would be taxing on her. "Hannabelle...I'm sorry again for asking this when you have such a nasty wound...but...I know how to make those stupid zombies stop spawning. I just need some time.." She told the wolf, and Hanna just laughed a bit.

"It's alright, this is nothing. Don't worry Gail, Alex and I won't let anything touch you!" She shouted before jumping into action, though she did not leave Abigails side. She was faster than she was before despite being injured, but she was determined to keep Abigail safe. Seeing Alexander also put a fire in her. And while Abigail summoned once again that familiar white book, she kept the evil zombies at bay.

"Hmm?!" The necromancer looked up seeing Abigail and immediately saw the book she wielded. "That snot nosed brat has the book of Azazel..? Well whatever she casts will be troublesome. I'll have to take care of her." The woman took off her hood and smirked at Alexander as he called her a nasty little name and then started going crazy with her zombies. He would be fun. Maybe she'd kill him last. She raised her staff and then promptly summoned more zombies and skeletons at his request, though they did not try to go after Alexander. They all headed towards Abigail, who was standing in the middle of a magical circle that was growing larger and larger by the minute, however they could not get close to the light.

To make matters more difficult for the dark mage, Pietro had arrived, easily cutting through her reinforcements and helping Hannabelle protect Abigail. Hearing his words, she started to laugh, taking her hood off to reveal a face filled with stitched up pale skin, black lips, and red, glowing eyes. Her hair was uneven, one long pony tail on the side of her head holding back her long black hair while the other side was cut extremely short. "Oh...I'm interrupting something? I should probably pack up my skeletons and leave then...come on Junior." She spoke to the large demon behind her that hadn't moved one inch since she had shown up, caressing his large hand. "Let's come back later. We're bothering them..."

"Really?" Hannabelle's voice rung out in the silence, though it was only met with an evil laugh.

"No!" She shouted before raising her staff, concentrating all her energy into animating her dead behemoth behind her. "Crush the whelp holding the book of Azazel!" She commanded as it's hands both raised up and it launched two twin large shadowy tendrils filled with putrid darkness so strong it would stagger any man weak enough to succumb to it towards Abigail and Pietro, one of which had tuned everything out just to cast her spell. As talented as she was, an incomplete spell would not ward off black magic of this caliber, and Hanna knew that. She jumped into action, knowing Pietro would have his own hand full and shoved Abigail out of the way before getting crushed underneath it herself. Alexander would notice that the remaining zombies were not moving, as if she needed all her concentration just to attack with this large beast.

Abigail had no choice but to snap back to reality, her spell breaking. She looked up just in time to see Hanna being lost underneath that dark tendril, and her eyes widened. "Hanna!" She screamed out loud.

Amethyst placed her hand over her forehead as she realized that she was about to lose a student. She could see all of their vitals and health signs and Hanna had been knocked out and crushed. She was on the verge of dying, and if they didn't get her out of there she would. Though she was filled with grief she still had to help communicate to Pietro what this necromancer's weakness was. "She can't control the zombies and the big one at once...in fact she barely has control of it at all...It must be hard for her to move it."

With all that had been going on, it was a lot to keep up with. Alexander continued to deal with the many spawning creatures from the ground, giving them hell as Hannabelle became the secondary guard. He quickly noticed Abigail take out her book again. That's the spirit! With a grin, the drake roared and continued his assault. The best defense was a great offense. Torso and limb flew left and right as Alexander cut through his foes, and he would often thank Hannabelle for her help in protecting Abigail. Though it soon began to get even more difficult as the numbers increased swiftly. He quickly noticed that they were going past him, and with a quick curse, Alexander was forced to work in overdrive just to try and keep up with this new amount of foes.

Pietro took a glance at Abigail's medium of spell casting. Even he was familiar with the powers that the book of Azazel could unleash, so it only meant that allowing Abigail to perform her spells was crucial. Though, it wouldn't be that easy, especially as Pietro took note that their foe took an interest in Abigail quickly. She, however, was doing well in building the spell up. "Yes, you are." He dryly responded, his eyes practically boring a hole through her head with how intense his stare was. But she only humored him, mocking his demand. He gave an aggravated sigh, starting to walk towards the beast and necromancer. His lips parted to speak, aiming to retort to her poor decision, but he heard Hannabelle speak up.

Alexander himself nearly doubled over when he heard her. "D-Did you seriously ask that?! Come on!" He told her, slapping a clawed hand upon his snout and shaking his head.

The moment was short lived as suddenly the being acted, the behemoth beneath her launching its attack. Pietro scoffed, seeing the infectious tendrils launch into the air, one soon barreling at him at an alarming rate. "We need support, professor." He called out, quickly weaving a symbol into the air and calling forth a shield. But that alone wouldn't have stopped the attack, so with an added measure, he used the magical prowess of his blade to amplify the shield. For the moment, it held up, though the impact behind it shook Pietro's very being. He thought he might be able to deflect it with enough power and concentration, but it rooted him to the ground. "Hunter, move!"

Alexander had been slashing away, but quickly noticed that the undead demons seem to now just stare at him as if they were lost in space. No, it's like they weren't even there at all. The sound of the largest demon he had ever seen snatched his attention, just in time for him to see Hannabelle start to move. He barely could process it in time, and even though he had began to dash off towards Abigail and Hanna, it was no use. The tendril caught Hanna instead, saving their mage ally. His eyes went wide-eyed and he stood there, shocked. Everything around them shook from the impact, trees nearly toppling over while a select few undead demons simply fell on their own.

Was she dead? No. The exam was supposed to be trek through the woods and avoiding lighter danger than this. An entire day, probably with all of them bickering and complaining about one thing or another. Not... this.

Upon hearing Amethyst's voice, Pietro suddenly broke the shield and avoided the attack entirely, ascending the tentacle swiftly as he went straight for the necromancer. "Roger that. I'll try and distract her as best I can." He told her, blade at the ready as he was drawing closer to the necromancer. But a roar on the ground pierced through the air, Pietro's eyes briefly going down to see Alexander tapping into further of his Berserker abilities. And he recognized what he was doing now. He was Enraged. "Leander continues to be filled with surprises." He said, lifting his blade high into the air as he approached the necromancer. "I told you to leave, and you're still here. I'm afraid that was your only warning." Not even waiting to hear her response, the holy sword came crashing downward towards the demon, intent on cutting her in half.

In his fit of passionate rage, the infuriated drake started attacking the tendril that had crushed Hanna, his regular claws joining alongside the holy blessed ones as they began ripping into the flesh of the tendrils. This was an A rank demon, and Alexander hadn't been measured yet on the scale of his abilities. But nevertheless, the anger he held fueled him to continue his vengeful attacks upon the behemoth.

Alexander managed to drive back the large tendril as the power from his holy claws began to decay it's darkness. His enraged strength only added to the divine power Abigail had placed on it. Hanna had changed back to her original form, and she was sprawled out on her belly. Immediately Abigail was at her side, the book tight in her hands and glowing. There was now way she was going to let Hanna die because of her. She had already built up a charge with the spell that she had attempted to cast beforehand. "Hang on, Hanna!" She shouted to the unconscious girl as she fell to her knees raised her hands above her limp body. She was barely breathing, but she was breathing. Immediately, the gash in her side began to close and the bruises and cuts disappeared. Though even after she had healed Hanna, she still didn't move.

"Hannabelle, come on...we'll leave you behind on this test if you don't wake up..." Abigail told her as she moved the girl so that she was on her back now, but her eyes were still closed. She didn't even twitch. Though there was something that was building inside of her body, a magical essence that felt strange to Abigail. Amethyst noticed it too. Her vitals were rising to normal and Abigail had managed to restore her completely. These three...they were really pulling out surprises. Healing magic was very intricate and to restore injuries like that all at once was amazing. The fact that Alexander had successfully entered his rage state and was still attacking the right target was very impressive as well.

Before Pietro's blade could meet the necromancer, the creatures physical hand grabbed her and placed her on top of his shoulder. Pietro's blade would only meet it's elbow, slicing through the flesh until it hit bone. The demoness raised her staff and more undead appeared around both Alexander, but only a single undead faced Abigail. However, this one looked different...it was almost completely in tact. It looked to be some kind of winged female demon, with sharp large tallons and a tail. It approached Abigail with speed that greatly surpassed the other hoards of zombies and then grabbed her by her neck, though Abigail refused to be helpless. She still had one more spontaneous trick up her sleeve. She opened her mouth and let loose a torrent of holy flame right at her head, though to her surprise, the female zombie actually tossed her aside before she could get to her. It then began to walk towards her.

Abigail could not defend herself and she was completely exhausted. Healing Hanna had been the hardest thing that she had done. She looked to Alexander and Pietro, but they had their own issues to worry about. "Crap.." Abigail said before closing her eyes as the demon readied itself for a pounce. But she only heard a pained groan seconds later. That groan turned into desperate cries and it made her open her eyes. Hannabelle was squeezing the stronger zombie by it's throat with her bare hands, though the magical energy Abigail had sensed earlier had increased ten fold. Hannabelle did not snap it's neck. Instead, her aura surrounded it and it's body slowly rotted away, turning into a skeleton. What kind of magic was that? Other than truly horrifying?

Hannabelle tossed the skeleton away, and then walked towards where she had dropped her sword. Still imbued with magical energy, she picked it up. It seemed too large for her when she was in this form. Abigail got up and smiled at her. "Hanna...you're okay! I think..." Hanna didn't seem to react to her in any way possible. She seemed...different. Like when she saw her this morning. Like she was in a daze.

"What is with these brats?!" The necromancer shouted as her focused her efforts on Pietro now, having her behemoth burst from the ground so it was towering over all of them. "Whatever, I'm just going to crush all of you!" With that, four more tendrils came from the giant's body, attacking each one of them. Abigail used the last of her energy to give herself a speed boost, jumping out of the way. "Move, Hannabelle! It's going to crush you again!" She shouted at the girl who just stayed in her place. Right before it tried to hit her, she simply moved her large sword above her head and then she disappeared once again underneath it's shape. "Fuck!" Abigail screamed, though she soon saw the tendril evaporating...decaying just like the zombie demoness did. Though the figure that emerged from it's shadowy goo was not Hannabelle. No, it was another demon in her clothing, with large wings. Wait..did she just shift into a demon? Before Abigail could think, Hanna soared over to her and then completely cut off the second tendril that threatened to hit her earlier with her holy sword, this time disintegrating the thing entirely.

"What the..." Amethyst showed this woman being Hannabelle. But she was completely different. Her stats had completely changed, instead of being a beginner like the others she rivaled their star student Pietro. "Oh...I see what this is...this is Hannabelle's avatar. It possessed her..." Avatars were something that she didn't see often. Only those that had traveled to the spirit world, the umbra, whatever you wanted to call it, were able to obtain such a thing. "Pietro, your back up is Hannabelle Riley. Work with her."

The moment Hannabelle's body was in view after the tendril struck her, he roared at the beast before calming himself, able to see in color again besides the blood red that his Enraged mind forced him to see. As a Berserker, it was obvious that he could reach this state. What was always variable among the Berserker class was how long one could remain Enraged before they began to lose control. After all, this was pure anger and rage. It was very easy for one to lose their moment of clarity and logic and suddenly become a violent beast that wanted nothing more than to expend its furious energy before it collapsed from mere exhaustion. Alexander was no exclusion to the phenomena, and unfortunately, that was his spout of Rage, and he wasn't sure if he could pull off another burst of it. For now, it seemed like enough to free Hannabelle as the tendril began to fizzle away at the might of his holy right claw.

"Hanna!" Alexander called out as Abigail was the first one to be beside her. He growled in aggravation at their current predicament. Was this really still part of the test? This couldn't be, he thought, gazing upward as Pietro had attempted to strike the necromancer, only to meet flesh, bone, and sinew. And even so, the massive creature just transported its master to its shoulder without a single care, like all Pietro did was scratch an itch upon the surface of its flesh. This didn't please the said proctor either, his gaze hardening as the necromancer was revealed from the creature's large fingers. But he saw her ploy, staring down towards the ground as she began to cast her magic. "Leander, Hunter! Incoming!" And just like he thought, he watched as the ground around Alexander became riddled with rising corpses. Though, Pietro saw only one approach Abigail. He could probably go down there and aid them quickly, but he'd lose this position against the necromancer. "You're quite the multitasker." Pietro said with a subtle amount of annoyance, blade pointed at her. "Let's see how well you can keep it up."

When Alexander laid eyes upon the unique zombie that stood against Abigail, he had a bad feeling about it. He tried to get to her, but a large wall of his own undead held him at bay for once, keeping him from approaching even as he scratched and slashed at the wall of decaying flesh and bones. "Bastards, get out of the way!" He growled before suddenly jerking forward as three of them jumped on to his back, sending him face first into the dirt. This just aggravated him more, and with a mighty push and flap of his wings, dirt and dust kicked up and he managed to thrust them from his back, their bodies crashing upon the earth with loud thuds. A quick 360 spin with his tail sent the first row back, but the next wave just went at him. They still didn't last long against him, but he had to admit, this many was starting to become a real pain in the ass.

He wasn't even able to see the newly awakened Hannabelle, but he stumbled a bit with his footing, tossing his draconic head up towards the source of this mighty tremor. Pietro had tried to advance, but even he was an ant compared to this giant. Upon the other shoulder from the necromancer, he slammed the sword deep into the behemoth demon and held tight, having nearly slipped as it rose free from its earthen prison. Combine that with the fact that another tendril was headed his way, Pietro had to defend himself. So with his free hand, he spread his fingers wide and aimed at the approaching tendril. His gloved palm shined brightly in pure white while his lips parted to speak the spell. "Candentia!" With a high-pitched ring, a single beam of holy energy shot forth through the tendril, immediately wilting it away into fizzling stars. Though this caused the creature to swing about some more, so he quickly tried to regain his footing, prying his blade free and launching into the air. His target remained the necromancer, and once he landed back on a level, unmoving surface of the creature's shoulder, he then leapt into the air once more and dove down to slash at the necromancer.

Hannabelle's sudden entrance and spectacle was impressive, Alexander particularly dumbfounded for the moment. Though, that quickly changed when his own share of tendril came barreling towards him. "S-Shit!" Without wasting another second. He quickly tossed whatever undead zombies clung to him into the path of the tendril and immediately dived out of the way, listening to the thing crash and burrow somewhat into the ground, narrowly missing his tail as he looked behind him. "Too close, way too close." His form panted lightly, soon rising up as he rushed over to both the new Hannabelle and Abigail. As confused as he was, right now, it was a blessing for them. "Ugh! Is there any weakness to this thing?!" Gazing over to the mage, he sought any information he could use. "C'mon, there's gotta be way to take this thing down...!" For now, they didn't have any zombies on them, but who knew how long that would last. Especially considering that necromancer. Alexander could see that Pietro was doing some work himself, engaging this powerful creature. Maybe there was something this drake could do to at least cripple this behemoth. That would definitely help about now.

Hannabelle completely ignored Alexander and took off on her own, using her flight ability to soar up towards the necromancer with Pietro. Abigail watched her dumbfounded and then looked at him, shrugging. "I can't...cast anymore spells that would be enough to hurt this thing. But...there might be something..." She walked over to him, considering they had a moment of peace now that the necromancer was busy dealing with Pietro and Hannabelle. She sighed and knew what she was about to suggest was crazy, especially since he was still in his drake form. "Earlier, I stored a lot of holy energy inside of my body. I don't have much left, but it's enough for you...you can do something with it..." She told him as she reached up to his jaw and moved his head down so that it was close to her lips. His mouth was slightly open, and that was enough. She closed her eyes, blushing a little as the rest of her holy magic left her mouth and went into his, going into the back of his throat. He would feel it burning to escape, building inside of him.

Once she was finished, she turned around with a blush across her cheeks. They were in horrible danger and she had no choice but to get that close to him. At least he wasn't in human form, then that wold have been even more awkward. "If you couldn't breathe fire before, you can now...It's only good for one shot...aim for it's legs and it will bring it down to ground level. It's not strong enough to completely destroy it, but at least you can do some major damage." Abigail told him and then looked up in the air towards the demon. Hannabelle was fighting with the creature, dodging it as it swatted at her in the air.

"Damn you guys are annoying..." The necromancer said as she focused half of her effort trying to keep Hannabelle away and the other half fighting off Pietro. As his holy blade came down, she used her staff to block it. His divine energy made her hiss, but it did not harm her. At least not the way it would harm her zombies. She was strong enough to push him off however and she quickly began to run. "And rude! You're cheating! Your opponent is this big guy, not me!" She knew that he would stay on her, but that was fine. She just needed to lead him and Hannabelle to the same spot so she could kill them both in one go.

Hannabelle was so swift in the air that it was nearly impossible for her to be hit. The demon knew that, however and it's main goal was not letting her get close to it's master and Pietro. It continued to swat at her, and that was when Hannabelle decided to engage. She started using her sword to slice up it's arms, but it was almost like carving a small knife into a large tree.

The necromancer decided that Pietro was close enough to her trap for her to commence the next stage. The demon suddenly stopped it's defense against Hannabelle with both hand and brought it up to it's jaw level. The demoness jumped from his shoulder to his hand and then grinned, looking at Pietro as if daring him to follow.

The drake at least was grateful that they weren't under attack now. Her zombie horde was currently reeling from the unintended friendly fire, which gave both Abigail and Alexander to plot and come up with a plan. "Hey, anything will do right now. Even with your holy magic on my claws, I don't know if I can bring down this guy on my own." He said, turning his head as he looked towards the mage... who was slowly approaching him? With a perked eyebrow upon his draconic face, Alexander eyed her with curiosity and confusion. "Yeah, I remember... wait, for me? How the hell are you going to give it over to me, huh?" Before he could give it any more thought though, Abigail's delicate fingers cupped the sides of his scaly head and drew him inward.

Despite the current situation. he could felt the warmth and soft touch of Abigail's hands. It was soothing in a way, and there was a gentle hum from her holy magic that seemed to pour from her being, that very energy she spoke of a moment ago. The power felt, for lack of a better word, divine. A sense of reverence seemed to wash over him, and it felt like an angel was over his shoulder in a way. His scales couldn't blush, but his inner self sure did. If Abigail saw his real face, it'd be red as a tomato.

The holy energy seeped past his lips, and at first, he didn't know what to expect. However, the initial feeling wasn't exactly pleasant. It burned, and it almost didn't want to stay down his throat. Despite the moment being brief, such a feeling just overwhelmed him at first, and he nearly failed to suppress a gag. The Berserker though managed, now feeling just this building presence in his throat. Not choking, not tight. It was like a loaded gun, and he was ready to fire whenever he wanted. Abigail entrusted him with this power, and with only one shot, Alexander wouldn't let it go to waste. He gave her a slight nod, looking off to the side, a bit embarrassed himself.

A fierce metal ring of blade against staff rang out in the air as the necromancer managed to perform her juggling act with dealing with both him and Hannabelle. Pietro had to give her credit for that, especially the prowess he could sense from Hannabelle's avatar. "You've held off this long, but you can't hope to win this." Another slash from his sword was parried, but he then pressed his foot against the staff and shoved her backwards, leaping back and perparing his attack. "Surrender at once." If they kept her preoccupied, then her ground forces would be useless, unintelligent reanimated corpses. But that left him the issue with this gigantic demon he was standing on.

Pietro slid back when he was parried and shoved off, sliding back a couple of inches and attempting to strike again, yet his blade met with empty air. "My opponent is the main target. Who is fleeing right now." The young man called after her, falling into her ploy as he remained focus on ending the being that interrupted the exam. Whatever her purpose may have been, perhaps he may never know, but her presence not only in this exam, but this realm, was a danger to any future endeavors. So when the necromancer leapt into the palm of the demon she commanded, Pietro kept the pursuit. However, he quickly realized that this wouldn't be the most advantageous position. "Best to kill me now, because if you don't, I'll cut off your head in my next breath after." He warned her, aiming to subdue her and grab on to her.

That was when Alexander acted. The demon would no doubt feel this, no matter what rank he may be. Aiming at one of his legs, claws began to dig into the muscle and rotting flesh of one of its ankles. His unblessed claw would have the most work, but it soon revealed deeper tissue while the holy set cleaved through to reveal the bone in no time. Alexander reared back. His chest heaved forward as he took a deep breath. That burning sensation now seemed to burn stronger, amplified by his own willpower just slightly. In the next moment, Abigail's holy energy was unleashed in a holy fury that consumed more than he had planned. Not only had the tendon and muscle that kept the beast up, but it effectively burnt away the bone to ashes. And Alexander gave it his all, fully expending the breath before he then to glide over swiftly to the other leg, aiming to accomplish the same goal.

He only hoped that if this demon wasn't expecting it, the lack of proper distribution in its weight would throw him off balance. Then the drake transformed Berserker could work on blinding it completely.

"Fools!" The necromancer shouted as Hannabelle landed behind her. The demons mouth then opened and it roared, a poisonous gas releasing from it's mouth, stinging at Hanna's throat and eyes. She closed them and began to cough, and the unharmed necromancer disappeared inside of the smog to surprise attack either Pietro or Hannabelle as they were temporarily distracted. Abigail looked up at the poisonous smog in the air and then her eyes went to Alexander who had just latched onto the demon who didn't notice at all.

As soon as he breathed that holy divine fire that she had given him, the limb completely disappeared. The moment it was gone, the demon began to fall, causing the necromancer to lose her balance and began to fall. Luckily, the smog did not follow them as they all fell with the demon. It was rising like smoke and not falling like mist. As soon as Hanna could see again she targeted the necromancer once more and then used her powerful wings to dive quickly with her sword out. The necromancer was desperately trying to have the demon regain it's balance, which meant her guard was down. Hannabelle had no problem driving the holy sword into her belly, causing her to scream in pain. The gigantic corpse was the first thing to hit the ground due to its size, destroying the terrain around it.

Then Hannabelle let it's master who had a sword stuck inside of her chest fall into the dirt, her bones audibly breaking from the fall. She then grabbed Pietro and landed next to her seeing as how she wasn't dead. It took a moment for all the dust and debris to settle. Abigail then saw Pietro and Hannabelle standing over the injured demoness who was desperately trying to pull the sword from her chest despite breaking multiple bones when she had fell to the ground.

"Enough! I won't attack you all anymore! Just take this sword out of me! Please! It fucking hurts! It hurts so much!" She begged them, her flesh audibly sizzling against the holy blade. Abigail walked over slowly to join them over her. She looked at Pietro and Hannabelle and shook her head. This woman was pathetic...but perhaps everything was when they were in excruciating pain. "If you're not going to spare me, then please! Please just fucking kill me!"

Hannabelle stared blankly at Pietro, as if she didn't want to kill the demoness herself. She just shrugged and then took her sword out of her body, the blade coming out nice and clean as if it hadn't just been run through a body. Then it disappeared in her hands and she turned her back.

With the sudden release of noxious fumes, Pietro had to admit that he was unprepared for that. He expected either of them to physically attack instead. He had the reflexes enough to hold his breath, but the gas stung his eyes, and he found himself landing with just enough footing to keep him from falling to the ground. Eyelids were cinched tightly, tears pricking at the corner of his eyes from the irritation while he did his best to hold his breath and not choke. But it didn't help when suddenly, the necromancer directed a counter attack towards him. Pietro grunted lightly against the attack and nearly slid off the demon's hand, stumbling a bit, but managing to hold on.

Thankfully, Alexander's attack connected and brought the behemoth of a demon down. He could hear the thing roar in agony, earth crumbling around it as it tried to hold on for dear life and remain upright. "Ha ha! Hell yeah! Take that, fucker!" Alexander shouted out triumphantly, suddenly reverting to his human form as he jumped up and down. But he quickly realized something: he was still beneath the demon. The ground broke apart underneath his feet, causing him to cease the celebration prematurely. "Oh crap..." And without even taking another breath, he hauled ass to get away from the falling tower of undead, rotting demon flesh. So within a hair's length, the Berserker managed to dive out of the way just in time, panting heavily upon his hands and knees before falling over face first.

"Oh sweet stable ground..." He sighed out with a labored breath, rubbing the grass and dirt thankfully. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

The demon's pained shriek brought Pietro's to an open as they were out of the dense, poisonous smog. He watched as Hannabelle dealt a fatal blow to the necromancer while the giant demon fell, and once it fell, the necromancer soon followed. The sounds following along weren't that pleasant either. So before the landing could get too rough, Pietro leapt and landed beside the demoness, listening to the sizzling sound of burning flesh as he took in a much needed breath, focusing his eyesight once more. Their enemy was still alive. And she put them through a great deal of struggle. Not to mention her earlier injustices of disrupting a test. However, inadvertently, she did provide as an excellent measure for the three individuals taking the test. And miraculously, they all survived, including Pietro. In fact, Hannabelle's intervention was duly noted.

Alexander stood beside Abigail, listening to the thing before them cry as Pietro stood over her. "It should hurt. It's Holy magic, necromancer" She would then feel the burning sting of his own sword against her neck as he inhaled through his nostrils, softly audible as he glared down at her. "I told you in my next breath, I'd cut your head off. I don't go against my word." And before she could even make her case, Pietro easily followed through with his intent, listening to flesh give way to steel, and the gentle ringing of his blade resonating in the air.

The demoness's body would disappear into purified light, leaving only the blood stains she left. The leading student in Accel then faced towards the three of them, cleaning the blood from his blade. "You three showed a great deal of promise. As you may have surmised, this was not intended to be a part of your final exam, but you managed and did well together. Riley, or avatar of Riley, you did exceptionally well in particular." Pietro nodded to her, then faced the other two. "I'm also surprised by your own abilities, Hunter, Leander. And I don't usually get surprised." He then faced away after sheathing his weapon, walking off as he then directed his focus to Amethyst. "Professor, you know I usually don't cut things short, but given the circumstances, I believe we have enough data ourselves to make a valid assessment of these three. With your permission, I will conclude this exam."

Abigail sighed in relief when Pietro put the necromancer out of her misery(He was so cool, too) and then started to dust herself off. Once the demoness' body disappeared, the other bodies she had animated that littered the ground around them all turned to dust, even the large behemoth that Alexander had felled. She then heard Pietro speak to them, praising them all for their work today, though an extreme wave of disappointment came over her when Hannabelle, who had technically cheated her way through the entire thing using her avatar, was mentioned as doing exceptionally well. At least her name was mentioned before Alexanders, but still. It wasn't the same.

Suddenly she heard clapping that seemed to be coming from no where but everywhere at once. "I agree with you, Pietro. These three did very well for absolute beginners, though that necromancer wasn't all too bright. Still, they displayed excellent team work, intuition, and strength. Bravo, I am truly impressed." Amethyst's voice resonated throughout the area. "Pietro will guide you all to the door. When you come back, Pietro and I will grade you and decide whether or not you are fit for Accel."

Abigail's mouth almost dropped. They had nearly died, fought monsters that weren't even meant to be on the test, and still they were to be graded? Well, whatever. She knew she would pass. They would have had a much harder time if Abigail hadn't used her spells to give them the ability to harm the undead. They would have just had to wait for Pietro to kill the necromancer for them. As they all started to head back, Abigail could sense the portal getting ever so closer. The walk was long but at least they weren't being surprise attacked by zombies. Whatever was in this forest probably knew they had killed the most powerful thing in the dimension and were steering clear of them.

Eventually they found themselves back in the classroom with Amethyst, who was positively beaming at them. If she planned on failing them it would greatly surprise Abigail, who wanted nothing more than to just get into the shower and change clothes. Her clothes were torn and then there was that unsightly hole in her skirt Alexander caused. She would have to yell at him for that earlier. Hannabelle though didn't have a hair out of place. However, she didn't even look like she was conscious right now.

"I'm so glad you three are alive...I will be honest, I thought that you all wouldn't make it, especially squishy Abigail after she ran out of magic. Though she's a good improviser and she stabilized Hannabelle enough to let her avatar take over so she could help Pietro. Excellent work, Hunter." While Amethyst probably meant that as a compliment, it only stung at Abigail worse. The girl sighed and looked away, just shaking her head. "Oh, by the way...where did you get that spell book?"

"Borrowed it from the family tomes...studied it for about a year. There are a lot spells in there, though I have only mastered what you saw today. Divine magic isn't easy for someone like me, who's more natural at arcane magic...I can't cast it spontaneously yet..not even one spell..." Abigail admitted, though Amethyst walked towards her and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Considering that you can do both at your level, you are extremely talented. Even if you need a book for your divine spells." Abigail looked into her eyes, and she returned Amethyst's smile. The teacher then walked over to Hannabelle and patted her on the head. "You can let her rest. I know that you possessing her takes a great deal of energy on her part. But the very fact that you are able to possess her body to such a degree is a testament on her strength alone." Hannabelle didn't say anything back, she just walked over to the corner and then sat down. A minute later they would hear the sounds of her snoring.

Amethyst laughed and then looked at Alexander. "And you...I am extremely impressed with you're ability to change, then you further impressed me by tapping deeper into your powers and raging without losing control...had you lost control you along with Hannabelle and Abigail would probably be dead right now. You did very well for a man your age to control your feelings...even when you got a kiss from a pretty girl." She winked at him and grinned.

"I didn't kiss him!" Abigail immediately shouted, her face going bright red. "I was transferring divine magical energy into his chest cavity so he'd be able to infuse his power with mine and take down that giant zombie demon!"

"A kiss is a kiss...no matter what the excuse is..." Amethyst teased, causing Abigail to groan.

The walk to the door was held in some rather comfortable silence, especially considering the things they had gone through. Even Pietro had a heart, knowing that it was probably best to let them rest during this trek instead of bombarding them with questions. Despite the fact that he had many for them. Any potential candidates for Accel could expect many questions from the current top and leading student of the class of prestigious individuals. "The door is just at the top of the hill." And right on cue, the moment they broke the tree line, there was a small hill with a magical portal dotting the top. At this distance, even Alexander could feel its energy, and he could feel the relief of knowing that through it, they'd be back in the classroom they were once in with Professor Amethyst. Overcome with excitement on that notion alone, the Berserker was about to break into a sprint as they drew up the hill towards the portal. "Oh hell yes. I'm so ready to actually be out of here and- Oof!" A pained grunt left him as he coughed a bit, wind knocked out of him as Pietro let him run into the blunt top of his blade. He was confused, that was for sure. Weren't they ready to jump in and be out of here? That's when Pietro chimed in.

"Even if we're unaware that you passed your test or not," He began, working forward and ahead of the three of them, standing in front of the portal. "Understand that chain of command is always in effect. We're not following some strict military structure, but I will always proceed before you." Pietro's gaze was stern despite the fact that he seemed completely indfferent.

The white-haired and fiery young man just grumbled as he rubbed at his chest. He scoffed to the side as he crossed his arms. "Well what're you waiting for, sir? Go the hell on." Came his snappy response, Alexander staring defiantly at Pietro. They seemed to share a moment of heated, clashing silence that made the air thick and uncomfortable. It was brief, yet rather powerful and hard to miss. And with a simple nod, Pietro just turned around and entered into the portal. The other three soon followed and like promised, they were within the classroom once more. Safe. Sound. But no doubt oh so tired and ready for the day to end no doubt.

Amethyst's rather happy demeanor shocked Alexander as Pietro walked past the professor and stood behind her, seeming to take a backseat while Amethyst carried on. And the professor was a lot more friendlier than their proctor, who looked like he was now bored with them and didn't even acknowledge their existence. The Berserker just found himself annoyed even further as he watched the top student flip through a small note book. "Man, I thought I was going to die too." Without even asking, he pulled over a chair from an empty desk and plopped on it, sitting in reverse to it so he could lay his head upon the back of the chair. Those piercing eyes looked up to the professor, taking in her words.

He listened to her speak about Abigail, taking note of her curiosity on the spell book that the Mage used. Granted, Alexander didn't know a lot about arcane magic, divine magic, and so on. He know of the different classes, the kinds of spells they could create. What he especially didn't understand though was the book. Her book. What was so special about it? He did recall the necromancer seeming to call out Abigail about it, but he wasn't able to catch anymore as he, well, he was chest deep in zombies pretty much. Perhaps when he got the chance, Alexander could pull Amethyst to the side and ask the woman. If he's going to be in Accel, something told the young man that he'd need to study a lot more.

Finally, it was his turn to be evaluated. She was impressed? With a rather confident smile, Alexander sat up straight and rubbed the back of his head. "Well, you know, I always knew I was destined for great stuff." She mentioned his raging, and while he was prepared to explain, she ended on that little quip. Immediately, a pair of cloudy red patches formed upon the skin on his cheeks as he stood up swiftly. The chair was knocked over from the sudden action, his finger aimed directly at Abigail.

"H-Hey! No way! I would never want a kiss from her. I mean, it's... ugh!" When Abigail defended herself, the Berserker joined in. "Exactly! First off, I'm way too good for her. And second, you saw me doing that thing with my breath weapon, right?!" Alexander honestly looked to Pietro. "Tell her, man!"

"I'm not your man, Leander." Was the only thing that Pietro replied with, sighing as he closed the notebook, tucking it away within the coat of his pocket. He ignored Alexander's plea and instead looked to Amethyst. "As always, you love teasing your students. But please, professor. We need to come to a decision on their acceptance or failure." He insisted, taking a look at the sleeping Hannabelle. "Well, at least to the two conscious ones. I'm sure they'll pass on the message to Riley."

Abigail shot daggers at Alexander with her eyes. He was too good for her? If anything the opposite was true. She was about to open her mouth to make a come back but then Pietro spoke. She stopped herself and folded her arms, looking away from Alexander. She would not make a fool out of herself in front of someone as cool as Pietro. She would focus her energy on not collapsing alongside Hannabelle so she could rest.

"Oh yes...yes...." Amethyst giggled and then looked at both Alexander and Abigail. It seemed like those two could only get along if they were about to be killed. She would have to break some terrible news to them later, but she would love it. Amethyst was a sadist, and she loved torturing her students despite her cheery demeanor. They would soon learn that. "Right..well I've evaluated your skills and I've gone ahead and decided to pass all of you. You all handled yourselves well and within the month I'm sure any shortcomings will have greatly improved. That being said, we're going to have to move you all out of the dorms and into an apartment."

Abigail grinned and started to giggle uncontrollably. "I knew it! I knew I would pass..I almost died but whatever...it was so worth it, especially moving from a dorm to an apartment!" Abigail had only dreamed of living in her own place without Hannabelle. The housing that came with being an advanced student was legendary all throughout the school. Though no regular student had ever set foot in there considering it was in an entirely different dimension.

"Oh yes, the apartment is much bigger than your dorm rooms and you'll all be able to live comfortably with each other." The teacher said as she adjusted her glasses. Her words made Abigail's joy freeze over with confusion. Wait...did she say they'd be living with each other? No. Well, surely she wouldn't have a boy live together with two girls, right? She opened her mouth but no words came out. Amethyst shrugged at her and smiled sheepishly. "The new recruits have to share an apartment. Higher ranking students get to live by themselves. But don't worry, it's still an upgrade." She walked over to Abigail and placed her hands on her shoulders. "So you both should get along. And try not to fraternize...considering you like to kiss in mid battle, I can't imagine what you two would do alone together."

With that, Amethyst healed Abigail. All of her pains and aches immediately went away, but her face was bright red. "I...would...never..." As Abigail tried to grasp at words, Amethyst went over to Alexander and healed him as well with a big grin on her face. She certainly was enjoying herself. After she finished healing the three of them, she turned to Pietro.

"I am hoping you agree with my decision. Be a good role model to them, alright? Maybe even show them to their new living arrangements. I've already arranged for their stuff to be moved, so there is no need for them to pack. They all need some rest anyway. Maybe even some food."

Abigail's stare could be felt even as Alexander wasn't facing her. Hell, he'd say it again. Just because they got a little close didn't mean that he would like her. Sure he wanted to make sure she was safe too. B-But, he wanted to make sure everyone made it out alive, not just her! Pietro could have backed him up, but that little prick didn't even give him the light of day! Alexander felt like he was fighting a losing war, so when the professor just chuckled away, he sighed in defeat and hung his head. "This teacher is crazy..." The young man mumbled to himself, only lifting his head when Pietro pressed the matter with their evaluation. Finally, on to something more important than the fact that they nearly locked lips together.

When the news hit him, Alexander leapt up and down, cheering for himself at the fact that he passed. "Calm down, both of-" "Awesome! This is so awesome! I'm in Accel! Yes! Yes!!!" He had a big goofy smile upon his lips, teeth showing as he looked over to Amethyst. And he's moving?! "Sweet, I'm moving into an apartment!" Abigail was too, but something felt a bit odd. Or, more along the lines of, didn't sound right. Amethyst's words were replayed in his head. And a second before the professor began to clarify, Alexander wore a blank expression with his smile softly fading. "Wait, what-"

They were all going to live... together?! Together?! With a horrified expression, Alexander flinched back as he stared first at Abigail. Then his head flung to the source of the snoring that came from Hannabelle. Hell, how would she take the nose? From what he could guess though, she'd probably be ecstatic to hear it. "Hold on!" He quickly interjected after the professor spoke. "I-I'm a dude! I can't bunk with girls, that's just not right. Not to mention I'm sure Accel rules are no different from the dorm housing rules in terms of bunk mates!"

Pietro cleared his throat and shook his head. "Normally I would agree with you, Leander. However, we do have that stipulation against the normal dorm rules. In addition, while we would normally house females with females and males with males, it just so happens this year that we actually have a shortage in housing. You'll find that one room is indeed available, however that is already reserved for a returning student who was tasked with an out of town assignment. Which, I believe, he should be returning shortly today, correct professor?" He asked, though quickly left the matter as it was.

"B-But...!" It seemed that Amethyst was already firm on the decision as she just grinned at him while healing him. He was definitely grateful, but still. Ultimately, it wouldn't matter how much protest Alexander put up. He was just going to have to roll with the punches.

Pietro nodded to Amethyst. "Of course. I wouldn't say they passed with flying colors, but in the end, I consider their performance a pass." He replied flatly as she then hinted for him to show them to their new home. He did have other things that he wished to attend to, but perhaps it would be best. Besides, there were no other student officers around, and this would seem like an officer's duty. "I'll make it brief. I need to speak with Red concerning Professor Angelo afterwards, so I apologize if I can't answer all your questions." He told them before walking out the classroom door, expecting them to follow.

Alexander sighed, looking from Pietro to Abigial. He glared a bit. "I don't care what you say, I get the bigger bedroom. I'm a guy." He hissed at her before going towards the door. However, he stopped himself as he looked over to the snoring Hannabelle. Ugh, they couldn't leave her here. Besides, it was probably more comfortable to sleep in their apartment. "I'll grab her. Hold up, boss man." He called out while going over towards the sleeping shapeshifter. With a bit of work, the young man managed to get the her form upon his back and carried her piggy-back style. Alexander lifted her with ease and then walked off with both Abigail and Pietro.

All four of them founds themselves walking outside the classroom, outside of the main building and towards the dorms. However, Pietro soon stepped behind the building and directed them to a blank wall. "It's already been established that you three are Accel students now, so before today, this wouldn't work for any of you." Suddenly, a wood door appeared before their eyes. It was ornate, crafted of a very fine mahogany wood with a door handled that, quite honestly, looked like pure silver. In fact, it was. Upon the middle of the door was a matching metal plaque that read, "Accel Students Only". Pietro grasped the handle and opened the door. "Any trespassers are immediately reprimanded. So don't think inviting your friends over will work. We'll swiftly deal with you as well." It was his only warning as they walked through the formal doorway and into a space that seemed invisible to them before.

The door shut behind them and locked automatically, and what they were greeted with was a gorgeous lobby that seemed like the entry way to an expensive five-star hotel. There was a front desk that was currently unmanned, though Pietro mentioned that the lobbyist was out at lunch for the moment. He then brought them up the stairs. Red, velvet carpeting lined the middle of the stairs and the entirety of the floor. The same mahogany wood was used for the banisters and stairs, the lobby desk superbly polished, silver lamps and formal pens lining the top with a stack of papers that no doubt belonged to the receptionist. The second floor they climbed to was nothing but rows of apartments that were all occupied, except for the one Pietro stopped in front of. It read "Room 2G". Beside their room, just down the way, was an elevator that lead to the higher floors. Pietro mentioned that it went to the 10th floor, all of which had multiple apartments of many kinds. He was quick to add as well that the 10th floor required a key card that only student officers and faculty possessed.

"Here." Suddenly, within the palm of his hand, the lead student provided them three key cards, two taken by Alexander that he would later give to Hannabelle. He though used his own room's key card, which immediately unlocked the door and allowed them in. "You are subject to room inspections if I deem necessary, thus why my key card will unlock your room, as well as any rooms beneath the 10th floor." He explained while walking them in. At the moment, the rooms were all empty, and lucky for them, there were three bedrooms. As if it was expected that three tenants would be living together. "As Professor Amethyst mentioned, your belongs will be delivered. More than likely, expect it to be here and unpacked for you by night's end." Pietro looked over to the three of them and crossed his arms. "Any questions? If not, then good. I have things to attend to. You may reach us by the provided LAN line telephones in your rooms. A list of important contacts are beside each phone or within the night stand they're on. Please keep noise to a minimum as you do have neighbors, and noise complaints will be handled with strict discipline."

"You have the day to yourselves. Down on the first floor along the opposite wall to the lobby desk is the cafe. However, consider it a very high upgrade from the regular school's cafe. Many of our food items are gourmet and cooked to order. In addition, we do have vending machines down the hall on each floor near the elevators. Feel free to use them as well." He looked at them with minor curiosity, mainly so for any questions they pressed with.

Alexander was so lucky Pietro was there otherwise she would have went off on him. He gets the bigger room? Just because he's a guy? Yeah right. If anything SHE should get the better room since SHE was the better student. As she stood there, steaming with embarrassment and anger, she watched Alexander pick up Hannabelle and she crossed her arms and followed Pietro. No. She would NOT let Alexander make her look like a fool in front of the coolest, strongest student in Accel whom she hoped to surpass one day. She might not know anything about sword play, but she knew that even the best swordsmen could fall to the mightest of sorcerers, and that's what Abigail's aim was. Perhaps if she gave him a run for his money he'd see her as more than the rest of these...idiots.

Then, she would finally have a chance to move forwards in her more...social life. Despite her looks and having been asked out many times by boys who were brave enough to get over her intimidating aura..she had never even had her first kiss. The reason was simply that she didn't have time in her studies to become an Accel student. Now that she was here though, she could stand to let down her hair and enjoy the more pleasurable sides to life, but not with just anyone. No, she wouldn't settle for anything less than the best, and Pietro was the best. He may have been treating her coldly now, but only because he hadn't truly seen her yet. Plus, hanging around Alexander and Hannabelle was giving her a bad image.

As Pietro led them towards the dorms, she knew exactly where they were headed. Abigail had sensed the dimension that was so close to their own. Once the door open she didn't look the least bit surprised, she just followed Pietro and then looked around. Wow, a lobby? This was not what she had expected. It was so...lavish? Divine? Something that was finally fit to Abigail's standard. Soon she would surpass these losers and be in her own apartment. Or maybe even...Pietro's? Such a thought had her face turning bright red again as she daydreamed being with the man. What was he like when he wasn't so cool? Was he hiding a softer, more intimate side?

Eventually that train of thought broke off when he spoke again and stuck out his hand. Room cards? Excellent. Alexander would take two cards since he was the one holding the unconscious oaf that was Hannabelle. Abigail took the last one and purposely brushed up against his hand, giving him a warm smile. Not exactly a flirtatious one, but one that was more than just friendly. Once he explained about the room inspections, Abigail laughed. "My room will always be clean, but I'm not too sure about these two. I have seen Hannabelle's idea of clean and let's just say I wasn't impressed." She commented as they all entered the apartment. When she saw the place she just about cried out in astonishment. No, keep it together, Abigail! Don't look stupid in front of Pietro! She thought to herself, though she couldn't help but take all of it in.

Marble counters, black, new full size appliances, a beautiful dining room with a hanging chandelier, and a large living room decorated with the most stylish furniture she had ever seen. Hannabelle would probably flip out seeing how large their new tv that was mounted above the fire place because she enjoyed playing video games, but Abigail didn't care about that. The sectional couch looked so fucking comfortable and she could definitely see herself curled up under a blanket with a book. Too bad she had to share this space with two other people. She walked over to one of the bedroom doors that had plaques on them, their names clearly engraved on the metal. So their rooms were already assigned huh? Well that made things a bit easier. She could only hope that her room was the best one, but since Pietro was speaking she decided not to enter it just yet.

"Wait, Pietro..I know you said you had better things to do, but..." Abigail walked back over to the group since she had gone a bit further inside than the rest being so taken aback by the beauty of their new place. "Um...I have questions I'd like to ask personally. If you have any free time, maybe we can meet at the cafe or something later on?" She gave him another one of those smiles, hoping he would not find her direct approach annoying. Though she needed to talk to him alone, without these fools making her look bad. Even though she technically wasn't even close to his level yet, she could at least establish herself as his cute underclassman who looked up and respected him. That would be the beginning of their relationship that Abigail so desperately wanted.

"This pad is so. Flipping. Fly~!" Alexander shouted out as he bounced as best he could, making Hannabelle bob up and down with his motions while her head rested upon his shoulder. Without another word, and even as Pietro explained, the Berserker suddenly bolted in and scoped out everything, adjusting the sleeping corpse upon his back every now and then. It would seem that he was lost, not even caring how immature he might sound or look. The student officer took note of it and just shook his head. This was complete disrespect, and still the new recruit just carried on about like he was some wild stallion out in the plains, galloping carefree and without a single care in the world. In fact, he noticed that Alexander's personality seemed to match that perfectly, which only brought up concerns for how he would operate in a team. Specifically, this team. Pietro could only hope for the best as he began to make his way to the door.

"Very well. Then, I'll just take my leave and-" Pietro began, several feet from the door when suddenly Abigail's voice spoke up among the three. He quickly saw Alexander deposit Hannabelle's tired body upon the sofa, listening to her snore some more and completely unbothered whilst he scoped more of their living arrangements out. "Yes, Hunter?" Questions? "You can ask them now. Is that an issue?" He started out, though Abigail then posed to meet in the cafe. "So then you mean to speak privately, is that correct?" Pietro pulled out his notebook, flipping through some pages. "Hunter, I don't believe I can offer any spare time later today. So unfortunately I must decline. We're running a very tight schedule as is with some current matters that I must look into and dedicate time to as well." He closed the notebook, eyes looking at hers to visually tell her that he was busy. "Please propose another time. I'm sure I'll be more available then." With how busy he sounded, one could wonder if that was really true. He left Abigail to dwell on that as he then turned to exit the room.

However, he suddenly stopped in the door, gazing out into the large interior of the lobby once more. Pietro stood there for a brief moment before looking at his shoulder, once again at Abigail. Those eyes suddenly shifted their look to something more serious, as if he were contemplating a rather important subject. Without warning, they suddenly shifted to Alexander. The young man was flipping through the TV channels at a lightening speed, as if trying to truly see all 2000 channels listed. Finally, Pietro turned and approached Abigail once more. "Upon review, I've actually opened up some time later this evening. Feel free to ask your questions then, I'll hear them out. But afterwards, there's something I'd like to discuss with you." Once again, he briefly eyed Alexander before continuing on. "... Alone." With a light nod to Abigail, he left it rather ominously like that before turning to exit, closing the door behind him.

That sound actually caught Alexander's attention as the Berserker spun around. "He leave? Huh, he stuck around for a bit longer then he seemed to want before, so what's up, Abigail?" He asked curiously.

. . . . . .

As the day rolled out, now free to them, Alexander actually got to know the Accel dorms a bit. He learned and relayed his findings to both Hannabelle and Abigail, finding out that the next few floors were the recruits that had passed the "Introductory Phase" of Accel and were considered "First Years". From then on, up until the 10th Floor, they were students of the varying year levels. Upon the 10th Floor, it was strictly student officers, and there were actually less rooms compared to the other floors, which had a lot of rooms themselves. One First Year student mentioned that he had heard that rooms on the 10th Floor were made based on the officer that was housed in the apartment, so much of the floor was void of rooms. They had a fair amount of officers, but didn't want to overpopulate the higher ranks, feeling that Accel would have an overbalance of administrative power to the students if they did so.

Alexander also mentioned that there were floors below the Lobby and First Floor, having noticed the extra buttons below the First Floor button. Oddly though, these buttons were blank and even pressing them warranted no response from the mechanism. It was as if they were void buttons and didn't even register to the elevator.

Just around supper time, their furniture had arrived. All of their belongs, truly ALL of it, had been packed neatly and safely, swiftly unpacked with any furniture assembled in no time. However, Alexander opted to do it himself. Which only meant that he was locked up in his room for nearly the entire night, doing whatever he pleased. The girls would probably want that offer more so than he did. It was probably a guy thing. Though, the magical movers didn't mind at all. Less work on them. Either way, eventually the task was done with the exception of their only male roommate, and the magical movers soon left with any boxes that were to be discarded.

Shortly after supper time, so that way the three of them could eat properly and without rushing, Pietro had stopped by the cafe as was the request of Abigail. A time wasn't established, but since his schedule was the most convoluted at the moment, he decided to elect the time himself. Or rather, let her know when he was ready. So the moment that he stepped through the cafe doors, a room that held two to three students at most in addition to the cooks that were always present, Pietro mentally sent his voice to Abigail. "Hunter, come down to the cafe at your earliest convenience. We may speak now." And he then severed the link, taking a seat at one of the many tables offered.

The cafe was just as extravagant as the rest of the building. Firstly, the same red velvet carpet donned the floor in this room as well, but the cafe counter tops were a lovely beige marble with black wooden cabinets. Grey, stainless steel trays were aligned neatly in rows along one long table that was draped with an intricate looking white tablecloth with an etched design that appeared to be superior quality. There were two cooks, both in typical chef attire that stood behind one set of double marble cabinets. They seemed to be rather thin men, both rather peachy skinned with deep, dark hazel eyes that seemed to stare off in space without even blinking. However, one was discerned from his twin with a simple mustache that was cleanly waxed to curl at both the right and left end.

Each table had a similar table cloth with the golden threaded design, though some booths aligned the wall with comfortable leather cushions. The tables at these booth instead had the same marble table top like the cabinets with hanging overhead lights casting a soft, warm glow over the surfaces. Every table had a pair of candles and the necessary condiments and utensils such as napkins, sugar for coffee and other drinks, salt and pepper, and a random assortment of sauces for food. Pietro elected to take one of the booths, although curiously, in one of the corners of the restaurant, especially away from the few students that were located in the cafe. He was currently buried in his notebook, reading some notes he had made during the exam, as well as some personal notes about each individual on the exam today. Concerning Abigail however, there was something that he needed to discuss with her.

Something very important...

When Pietro declined her offer at first, Abigail had to do her best to hide her disappointment. She hated being rejected, but at least no one was there to witness it since Alexander was too distracted with the TV. Though Pietro would be able to see through her smile that she tried so hard to keep on her face. "Ohh, I see. Well what was I thinking, of course you have other engagements this evening. That's alright, maybe later..." When he turned to leave, she took a deep breath and looked down at her feet, wondering what she had done wrong. Maybe Pietro was just too cool to notice how amazingly attractive she was? Or maybe he truly was busy? It's fine, she could always try again later.

Though she looked up just in time to see him coming towards her and she tried her best to look like his rejection didn't bother her. So he reconsidered? That was great! She let herself smile on that one, showing him how happy that had made her. However, his following words sent chills down her spine. He wanted to talk to her about something..alone? For some reason a light blush came across her cheeks. Maybe he was into her? What if he asked her to be his girlfriend? She couldn't just say yes right off the bat. She had an appearance to keep up, and she didn't want to seem to easy. "Oh...okay..." She said as he left, closing the door behind him. She just stood there, hearing Alexander but not really listening. Instead she decided to sit at the large dining room table to contemplate what Pietro really wanted to talk about.

Hannabelle eventually woke up just before Alexander came back. Abigail explained to her what had just happened and she didn't seem too crazy about it. "So...I guess I'm gonna actually have to learn new stuff. This sucks..." She pouted and then laid on the couch. When she saw Alexander come back she quickly greeted him with a hug and then let him explain what he had found out. Abigail didn't really seem interested in it however. She just sat there painting her nails and daydreaming about Pietro.

Once they all got their belongings each one of them spent some time in their rooms. Hannabelle came out and found their refrigerator fully stocked with everything they needed to eat and drink, not to mention the movers had brought her beer supply. Instead of making dinner she decided to start her drinking and she brought her video game system out so she could play that to relax. Though she heard something peculiar coming from Abigails room. Was that water?

It was. Their rooms were relatively the same size, however somehow Abigail ended up with a master bedroom, which had a bathroom attached to it and more closet space. A walk in closet. She was pleased, but she wasn't going to tell either of them. Eventually she'd figure it out. She spent the majority of the evening preparing for her date at the cafe with Pietro. Well, it wasn't really a date, but still. She had to look good. She even went as far as to wear her glasses. Maybe Pietro would like that sort of thing. After she showered, straightened her hair and put on her make up, she walked into her closet and picked out a nice white blouse and black pencil skirt to wear. That was when she heard Pietro's voice in her head. Telepathy? That was amazing. She would have to study that whenever she had the chance.

She put on her outfit and a pair of black heels and then hurried out her room. "Woah! Abigail you look great! Got a date or something?" Hannabelle asked with a grin. Abigail had chosen not to tell her about her meeting with Pietro. She didn't think it was any of Hannabelle's business. "Not really. I'll be back soon. Make sure that perve Alexander doesn't go in my room." She left after that and headed over to the cafe, her outfit turning the heads of those that past. She rarely dressed like this, or exposed her cleavage. However, this blouse was very low cut, plus one button had become undone, showing just enough of her red bra underneath to tease.

She found Pietro sitting at a table and took a seat, adjusting her glasses and smiling at him. "Well here we are," She said with a smile and then decided to get straight down to business. "My first question is this...how long did it take you to become a student officer?" Even though she was curious on what he wanted to ask, she wanted to get her questions out of the way first. She crossed her legs and waited for his response.

Alexander had been in his room as usual, so therefore Abigail left without much further incident, though he'd no doubt inquire about her attire as well since he... well, he never saw her dressed in such attire. He did however hear the door close, and since it was later into the night, the Berserker popped his head out. Hannabelle was on the couch, and he saw that Abigail's room was ajar and without her in it. Curiosity got the better of him, and it was natural that he stood over the shapeshifter and posed the question to her. "Where's Abigail headed out to?" It obviously had to be her that had left. Hannabelle though would probably give her the same vague awesome that Abigail gave her, so after she responded, Alexander simply shrugged. "Huh, oh well. Hey, we got any games? I finished setting up my room and shit, and I'm bored." He said, hopping over the couch and plopping down on the other end.

Meanwhile, Pietro had been deep within his notes, emitting a soft exhale. Though, it seemed to hide something. Something weighed upon his mind, and it was a deep subject that he needed to - Speak the devil, look who showed up? He lifted his head once she approached and suddenly stood. "Good evening, Hunter. Please, allow me." Politely, the older student pulled her chair out for her, then returned to his seat across from her. His notebook had been laying upon the table, to which he obtained and slid back into his coat's inner pocket. From then, his fingers interlaced with one another as he looked at Abigail directly with inquisitive eyes. His posture was straight, face calm and cool. Eyes were light, his brow relaxed instead of furrowed just moments again in thought. While he wore the same outfit from earlier, Pietro appeared to have cleaned it to the point of where it looked like it was dry cleaned. Or, perhaps, he just owned the same outfit in his closet? Without being in his closet, there was no way to tell. Either way, he looked very clean and well kept.

Abigail immediately began with questions, her posture seeming to tempt his eyes. Yet nevertheless, Pietro's eyes were glued to her face. In fact, they peered deep into her own eyes. "That's your first question, then" He repeated to confirm, broad shoulders upright, yet still relaxed. "Very well. It took me approximately one month my first year in Accel. Our rules usually forbid first years from holding any sort of official position with the student ranking, however I finished my entrance exam by myself within three hours. In my opinion, back then, entrance exams were much harder than what you had experienced today. Our time limit was much shorter, roughly half than what you were given today." Pietro explained as he recalled his past. It was the only moment that he shut his eyes to recall the events before he was looking at Abigail again. "Shortly after, I was not only put through the acceleration process, but my classes were accelerated when after requesting final exams, I completed each one without mistakes. I've been given also special private instructors throughout my time here in Accel. And per the headmaster, since I've already met the requirements to graduate two years ago, the reminder of my time here in Accel is to provide direction and leadership to our students alongside the professors and instructors."

Perhaps that might have answered several questions, the man thought. However, before she could ask any more, he held a hand up to ask her to stop. "I understand that we've agreed to meet tonight to speak, and I am more than willing to answer any and all questions that you may have. But, I do have a single topic to discuss with you, and it is of the utmost importance that we discuss immediately. Thus, I've chosen tonight." Pietro told her as he briefly looked to any and all inhabitants. They were a good distance away and couldn't hear them. That was good. "Please feel free to ask more questions afterwards, but I'd like to shift the topic of our discussion."

A gloved hand reached inside his coat to pull out a piece of paper. At the top read "Acceleration Process Form". The document outlined the details and procedure of the Acceleration process, something that she would become familiar with over time. He allowed her some time to read, but what was curious was that it only detailed every class of magic user... except a Berserker. "By now, I'm sure you've realized that this applies to you. In fact, it applies to everyone but Berserkers." Next, Pietro pulled out a list of the number of magic users in the Accel class and their class types. It held no other personal information, but only two lines were highlighted, one of which being Alexander's name. "The names highlighted are our only Berserkers within the entirely Accel program, Hunter. And before you jump to conclusions, this discussion isn't solely upon Alexander. In fact, it's about you." Retrieving the documents and neatly folding them away, Pietro gazed at Abigail.

"Hunter, on your exam, your leadership scores were higher compared to both Riley and Leander. Considering that I was your on field proctor, I do not simply give away good leadership scores. I am impressed by your decision making skills, and I've discerned while you are not capable of becoming an officer right now, that is subject to change." He paused for a moment, then continued. "And depending upon your progress, it may very well change sooner than you may think. Thus I encourage you to work to your fullest." Pietro cleared his throat, holding his fist in front of his mouth politely. "This is indeed good news, and I also encourage your to rejoice in your own way however you wish. With that said, however, you will keep this information private to yourself." His eyes seemed to harden a bit, as if to telling her that he wasn't giving her an option.

Next, after his eyes relaxed, Pietro let out an exhale and then leaned forward with his elbows upon the table, fingers bridged in front of his mouth as he continued on. "Now, with that said, I expect you to eventually be a captain to your team of Leander and Riley. Now, Riley is of no worry. She's an odd character, one I'm sure you're aware of already. Leander is rash and will no doubt rebel against your eventual leadership position. But that's not what concerns me." Concerns him? The leading student officer of Accel seemed to be calm, cool, and collected the whole day, no matter what day of the week. Though as his eyes looked off to the side, momentarily delving into his thoughts, he seemed to be debating something. And it was a difficult topic. But that was why he called Abigail down this evening.

A more deep breath left the pale man as he stared deeply into Abigail's eyes. "This, among everything else tonight, will not be discussed with anyone else besides ourselves. However, Hunter..." Taking a moment, he cleared his throat. "... Ms. Abigail. As an eventual captain, I need you to be prepared to make a decision after Leander's Acceleration, and at any given moment. If the unfortunate should occur."

"If it should occur, are you prepared to kill Alexander Leander?" His entire face was serious as he sat up straight once more, awaiting her response to such an extreme question. This was the very thing that Pietro wished to speak with Abigail about. And he was very certain that it was something she was not prepared to hear. Though, he was prepared to explain. Dependent, of course, upon her answer.

Back
Top Bottom