Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome to Accel(Max and I)

She released his hair when he cried out in pain. That was a mistake..she had just reached back to bring him closer to her, but she ended up yanking too hard. She felt bad, but not as bad as she felt thinking of Hanna and Alexander together. She could feel herself starting to shut down. All the anger that she had felt was just sadness now...she had never truly understood why she felt like this until today. Now she was about to cry, and feeling him hug her was making the tears start to rush towards her eyes. Hearing his confession about why he had chosen to be with Hanna just made her feel worse, and the moment he turned her around he would see tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I..I'm sorry too, Alexander." She sobbed as she also closed her eyes. Her heart hurt. Everything she had ever numbed herself to hurt. "I'm sorry about everything...but I didn't think you liked me...you've always seemed to like Hanna more so...I just started hanging out with Pietro..." She told him. Sure, she had wanted to hang out with him at first because she admired him. Now? She just needed him as a friend. "I'm also sorry about this, but...it's only fair that I give Pietro one last chance. I'm going to sleep with him, Alexander. I want to make sure there is nothing there if I leave..because you really hurt me when you told me that you were having sex with Hanna...Pietro deserves to be given all the chances in the world because he's never hurt me like you have..."

Seeing her cry, it just didn't do anything to help right now. He really did feel like the scum of the earth as his arms fell to wrap around her. He held her close to him, wishing that this could all pass. They could just be together and put all this behind him. He had already confirmed with both her and himself that Hannabelle and Alexander were no longer a couple. The Berserker would tell her tomorrow... some time tomorrow, he needed time to word it all correctly. Alexander would state the truth, but no matter how he hoped, this was not going to end well. At all.

What could get worse, right? Abigail apologized for what she did. Though it was just because of what Alexander did, and he started shushing her fears and worries. Though the hugest stab in his heart was what she said next. She would give Pietro one last chance. She would bond with him like they did. She wanted to make sure nothing... was there. Even he knew that something like that was absolutely just. So, the man shouldn't be angry or hurt. In fact, that was his just punishment. To let the woman he love... practically run into a chance where she could decide to stay with the man he truly despised for the rest of her life while Alexander would rot in some shadowy corner of the world out of her eyesight.

"O-Of course. Yeah..." It was his turn to shut down, and in the small chance that somehow Abigail wanted to continue what they had, Alexander had immediately gone soft. And she could tell when he pulled away, stepping into the water. Alexander rubbed his face and sighed out, chuckling sheepishly. "Yeah, I... He takes care of you, I get that. Yeah." A hand went through his hair. "Abby, I..." His words fell short, and as he stared at her in dismay... ultimately, Alexander surrendered with a defeated sigh. "... We should finish up."

That was...harsh. Abigail knew what she said wasn't anything Alexander wanted to hear. She could see how much it bothered him...but this was only fair to both Pietro and her. If he had slept with someone other than her, she should have the right to do the same, and...well she wanted to enjoy it as much as he enjoyed doing it with Hanna. Though she didn't share these thoughts with him. "Yeah...we should finish up. But for whatever it's worth, Alexander...I don't think I've ever loved anyone like I love you." She didn't even really want to sleep with Pietro out of desire but merely fairness.

Maybe..she was also being a little bit spiteful. She just..wanted things to be even between them. She wasn't even thinking about how Pietro might have felt if she just broke up with him after they had sex.

Eventually she turned off the shower once she was sure that she was all clean. She dried herself off in silence before putting on a nightgown and looking at the time. It was a little passed midnight, and truth be told she probably should have went straight to bed. Instead she grabbed her messenger bag, and started packing her clothes in silence. She was going to give Pietro a visit tonight, and settle this all in the morning.

All's fair in love and war. That's how the saying went, it seemed. And for him to tell her that she couldn't, even force her not to, Alexander would probably never be able to ever live up to the words he confessed out to her. And when she spoke, Alexander tried to smile. Truly, he did. But the words she gave him didn't really let him, no matter if she was right. And she was. Just... yeah, Alexander wished he didn't hear them. Not one bit. "Yeah..." He mindlessly replied, rinsing himself up and giving out a deep sigh. Hands rubbed at his face as he would step out of her way whenever she needed the water. God, the silence felt so fucking thick.

Alexander continued on with the silence they carried, moving out into her room. He began picking up his discarded clothes, first putting on his boxers and jeans. But a sound caught his ears, seeing Abigail grabbing a bag as she went to pick clothes in. It wasn't even a bodily function that he was aware of, but somehow, he had caught her wrist right as she was starting to pack. "Abby..." His voice was soft, but desperate. Those eyes begged her to stay, but then realization washed over him. He apologized quickly and released her wrist. And, well, he wore the best fake smile he could put on.

"Heh, it's dark and all. Want me to walk you to your lover's pad?" He asked, shoving his hands in his pocket. It was stupid, as the building was still lit throughout the night. But... some part of him hoped she did say yes. Though immediately, Alexander shook his head. "Ah, fuck it. You're a big girl." His body ached all over. It could be so easy to just stop her. It really could. "Don't be late to class tomorrow." He said, pulling on his tank and almost double timing it out of her bedroom door. Sure, he looked like a pussy now. Probably acted like one even more.

... But, he just didn't want to face the music right now.

Abigail flinched when the grabbed her wrist, but then he let her go and she sighed softly. It was strange when he offered to take her to her "Lovers Pad". Strange and awkward. "Alexander..." She started, though he shook his head and quickly took back his offer. Then she watched him bolt out her door. Honestly it did hurt her to see him like that but...she had to do this. It was her resolve to. Because she couldn't just walk away from him without saying she tried to forget about Alexander to be with him. She had to be sure that this was the right thing to do. Even if Alexander wanted nothing to do with her after her confession...there was no point in being with Pietro if she didn't love him.

Once she was done packing her things, Abigail left their apartment and upstairs to Pietro's. She felt a little uncomfortable wandering around the halls at this hour, in her silky pajamas no less. But she was at his door soon enough, and she unlocked it with her key. She slipped in, and the apartment was dark. What..what if Pietro was asleep? She just felt like the rudest person in the world, but he told her to come up if she had changed her mind. She just felt...a little silly being here without even trying to reach him to let him know.

"Pietro?" She called out softly.

The halls were dead silent at this hour. At such a prestigious academy like Maelstrom, curfews were serious business. But Abigail made it without a hitch, and within the floor that all the Fourth Years stayed upon, there wasn't a single soul there. No sort of hall monitors either. The moment she entered Pietro's apartment, she'd notice that a single lamp was lit within the living room, and she'd see Pietro's form at the couch. He was still dressed like he always off, which hinted that perhaps he didn't intend to sleep anytime soon. However, there he was, the Fourth Year softly snoozing away while sitting up in the couch.

Upon his lap was an overturned book, the spine reading a title that stated the historical nature of higher demons, as collected by a well known demon hunter within their realm. Whatever he had been reading about, it would be difficult to tell, for Pietro had the book face down, though a hand still held it. She'd no doubt disturb him if she tried to take it.

However, upon the sound of his name leaving her lips, Pietro slowly began to lift his eyelids, rousing from his slumber. The man woke up as professionally as he carried himself, simply blinking several times to keep his eyes open, and then sitting up straight. He turned his head, widening his eyes upon the surprise of Abigail's appearance. And, within an attire meant for bed... did she have a nightmare? Did something happen at the apartment? Immediately, Pietro rose up and set the table upon the coffee table, walking over to her quickly and taking her hands. "Abigail, what's wrong? It's well past midnight."

Well at least he wasn't..completely asleep. Well, he really did seem like he was. Reading a book? He really was similar to her. "Pietro..." She said as she looked at his hands. He was already so worried about her. Well, that wasn't a surprise considering that it was Pietro. The older man really did care about her and...she liked that. She just wished their relationship stayed Platonic instead of turning into something more complicated just because Abigail wanted to one up Alexander. "Umm..nothing is wrong. I just couldn't sleep and I thought I'd come over to sleep with you."

That sounded horrible. Abigail blushed a little and then started stuttering. "I-I mean..sleep in the same bed as you." She corrected herself, but she wondered if that sounded even worse. Though it was true. She didn't come here to stay in a separate room. She wanted to sleep in the same bed as Pietro, and then when the morning came, she'd try to seduce him. They didn't have to go to their Advanced class until late morning...so they'd have plenty of time. Even though their regular classes started at nine am as always. "I'm just trying to say that..I wanted to come here to be with you tonight."

Pietro sighed in relief upon her answer. If it wasn't anything wrong, then that was good. Although... wait, why'd she come then? Upon hearing her first answer to that question, Pietro immediately coughed a little and looked the other way, blushing a bit himself. Then she mentioned to sleep in the same bed, and well, it kind of sounded better. The Fourth Year finally looked at her, though rubbed his chin in thought. He gave her some time to collect her thoughts, because obviously she was a bit flustered. Though, Pietro began to think about her accidental offer. He did love Abigail. He truly did. And, that's what lovers did. That would be what they would eventually be doing, right?

"Oh Abigail." Pietro smiled and hugged her tightly. "I'm truly glad. I'm so glad you came then, I honestly didn't want to stop being with you tonight." He told her, keeping her in a warm embrace. Compared to Alexander, Pietro did everything for her. Abigail could have an amazing future with this man if she so chose it. He went out of his way, even postponed some duties to spend time with her. And their regular meetings together, they were filled with just a nice joy of being together.

But, Pietro loved her now. Cared for her now. Alexander? Well... "Did you want anything? I might just go get changed, so please help yourself." Pietro told her, and leaned in to kiss her softly. He then went into his room, and despite how clean and professional his outfit was, the man came out in merely several minutes. He wore simply a plaid pair of pants, and a loose fitting undershirt. He was unable to stifle a yawn as he returned to Abigail. "I don't believe I can stay up much longer, how about yourself?"

She was...a little taken aback by how Pietro blushed. Well, he was a gentlemen. Even if he was shy about it, it didn't mean he had never experienced it before. She was sure he had experienced it before, he was much older than her. When he came over to hug her, she sighed softly. Hearing him tell her how he wanted her to come made her feel like crap. She should have just came straight here, but even then she was sure her and Alexander would have ended up making love somehow. Ugh, she felt awful for saying that...but she needed to clear this up. Being around him though..well she had felt like her nerve completely disappeared on her. She really didn't want to hurt him.

When he left and came back out in his pajamas, she looked at his arms. They weren't as big as Alexanders, but they definitely weren't thin or stringy. He had some muscle too. "No, I'm tired too..." She told him as she got up from the couch. She looked up at him, a light blush coming across her cheek. "So it's okay if we...sleep in the same bed, right? Pietro?" She asked him, making sure before she followed him like a lost puppy dog into his room.

God, this already felt wrong. She should just break up with him and leave..she knew deep down that...there was probably no way of saving this. Even if she did want to be with him, she'd still have to tell him about Alexander and he might not ever forgive her for that..

Eyes were moving over his form, and Pietro could feel it. He chuckled a bit shyly but stood before her still. "I used to spend more time out doing missions and the like, but I fear having a desk job has robbed me a bit of my previous physique. I suppose I haven't lost too much." He told her, seeing her blushing face and just smiling at her question. This was the kind of intimacy he was looking forward to in their relationship. It made him happy, although... there was a bit of nagging in the back of his mind. For now, he blamed nervousness

"Of course, come in. Please." Pietro guided the First Year into his bedroom, turning the light on. The bedroom was absolutely spotless compared to anything she might have seen before. The sheets were crisp and pristine white, soft grey vertical lines drawn up and down the fabric. Compared to most though, Pietro had a king sized bed, and his bedroom was large and well furnished, giving off a very modern looking bedroom with canvas paintings of abstract art decorating the room. He even had a porcelain vase on each bed stand.

It might have seemed like Pietro went to his side of the bed, but instead he pulled the covers aside and offered her the spot. "After you, Abigail. Let me know if it's comfortable, or if you need another pillow." Although, the pillow would be absolutely perfect, a kind of foam memory gel pillow that immediately took form to offer Abigail the maximum comfort and least amount of strain upon her neck.

People thought Abigail lived in style but this...this was beyond style. Nothing but the best...probably reserved to the student captain anyway. Abigail had to wonder who the next student captain would be. How long had Pietro been in that position? He said something about losing his actual physique when he couldn't go out and do field work, but...gosh he had been bigger than that some time ago? Pietro was really attractive...but she didn't get that sense of attraction she got from Alexander. She pondered these thoughts before smiling at him..or rather forcing a smile.

"I don't really see how it could be uncomfortable. It's so big and nice looking." She told him as she crawled on top of the bed. He'd be able to see her panties, as her nightgown didn't cover very much when she was on her hands and knees like this. Once she was in she laid down and sighed in appreciation. "I'm in a cloud...you must have custom ordered this bed. Maybe I should do something with my earnings and get something like this. a little smaller though...last mission we did paid a lot. Didn't realize how much they'd give me for that. It was like being paid to take an exam."

Pietro smiled as she climbed in, though when he saw the sight of the girl's panties, he felt small waves of desire pass through his body. Pietro loved Abigail fondly, but did he really think of such lewd, sinful thoughts before? As time passed by, he gave some thought to it. Now though, as they would lay in bed together, those desires were starting to bloom a bit more. He smiled and nodded at her, trying to clear his head. "You spend a third of your life sleeping. A mattress should be taken into a lot of consideration when buying it." Pietro told her, slipping the covers over her.

It didn't take long for him to join in beside her, turning upon his side with his elbow resting upon the bed, head in his hand as he gazed towards her. "It was. But, I learned it was because it came from the Headmaster itself." Pietro explained, thinking back on that day. "Red told me to expect these high priority missions in the future. That demon escaped on its own accord, but we barely scratched her. I feel like she was gauging us." He soon laid upon his back, gazing up at the ceiling. Whatever that creature was, she was no ordinary demon. And to say she was just some higher class demon wasn't enough either. This female demon had a purpose being there that day, and Pietro felt bothered that she was skirting around in the unscouted edges of the forest.

He shook his head though and turned once again upon his side, draping an arm across Abigail's waist. He held her, but didn't pull her. Pietro didn't want to push his luck, but he enjoyed this closeness. "It's nice to have a warm body next to me again. It's nice to have you beside me at night." He said to her softly, leaning in to kiss her lips softly.

Abigail wasn't aware of her own sexual appeal. She didn't even know if Pietro was into her like that. After all, he had never really...well he was definitely a gentleman. And Abigail was...a lady. Until Alexander took her virginity, and now she couldn't stop thinking about perverted things. So of course, when he climbed into bed with her, she couldn't help but feel hear heart starting to race. It was nervousness though...not arousal. Being this intimately close with Pietro was sending all sorts of signals to her brain. Most of them telling her to leave and find Alexander, but...the others just told her to go to sleep. That everything would be dealt with in the morning. Abigail wasn't quite as confident as she thought she would be. Her original plan was to seduce him into having sex with her, but now that she was in his bed she felt..awkward.

The problem with the young mage was that she ignored her gut feelings. Now was probably the best time to tell him she didn't want him, but her mind kept telling her to try. To at least try to sleep with the older student to see if she liked it. She kept going back and forth with herself, and she hated it. Wait, his lips were moving. She needed to listen to him. Right, the mission pay. "Oh..yeah. She was a really scary demon...definitely could have done worse if she wanted but...she didn't. I've never seen anything like her, she was unique. That usually is a bad thing, she might be even stronger than I ranked her earlier. You never know with mystery types like that." Abigail told him before she felt his hand slip around her waste, which caused her to stiffen just a little bit.

What was he doing? From the look in his eyes, it was an innocent enough gesture, but...she didn't feel anything but love in it. If he did start pulling her close, then she might have started panicking, but...his next words caught her off guard. Again? So Abigail was right. He had done this kind of thing before. She wondered what type of person his old girlfriend was. She had never thought to ask the question before until now, but...again. For some reason she started feeling a little jealous. She had talked to a couple people and no one really had reported seeing him with another girl. All she knew was that she was the only person in his life right now, and that made her feel important. Knowing he could have been treating some other mage girl that way kind of irked her a bit even though she was in love with Alex.

She looked into his eyes as he leaned in to kiss her, and she couldn't help but force herself to play along. It would be wrong if she didn't...really wrong. She was in his bed and the leas the least she could do is return his affectionate gesture. Though the kiss didn't last very long being broken by Abigail. "It's nice to know what it's like to sleep with someone too...I think I'm going to go to bed early though. I'm really tired." She told him before laying her head down on a soft pillow.

Pietro didn't suspect anything out of Abigail for this simple request to sleep in the same bed with him, at first. Although, he didn't expect her to ask it in the beginning either. It wasn't that he viewed it as a promiscuous suggestion or anything along those lines, but even as they began dating, Abigail didn't seem to show much desire to be intimate with the man. But, Pietro himself enjoyed their pace as is. He gave her the caring and love she needed, never too much or not enough. He prided himself in every moment she smiled at him. It brought joy to his heart. And now, as he contemplated what making love to her would be like, Pietro couldn't help but smile at the thought.

Still though, he could feel her stiffen whenever his arm reached around her waist, perhaps even slightly over her stomach. Pietro didn't think that area would be considered to risque for the man to touch along, but he did not want Abigail to feel like she was being forced. Not like with Malech and Elizabeth. Thoughts flooded his mind of how those two had their way with Abigail, imagining her crying eyes as Malech raped her. Even though in reality, the Third Year never did. It was all Pietro's presumptions. So for now, he gently loosened his grip while staying close to her. At this distance, to give her the room she needed to breathe. Perhaps in time, they could close that distance completely. Perhaps in time, they could become much closer as a couple. As lovers.

He wasn't expecting the kiss to be short, but he chuckled softly, nodding at the woman. "I'm glad you feel better too, Abigail." He told her, never once peeling his eyes away from her. Pietro might have had a woman in his life before, but even if he mentioned it just slightly, it was clear that Abigail was the only thing on his mind right now. And the only woman in his heart right now. "All right. Have sweet dreams, Abigail. I'll make sure to have breakfast for you ready in the morning." And a woman that he wanted to treat like a Queen as well. One final kiss was given to Abigail upon her cheek before resting his head fully upon his own pillow. "Good night. I love you." Pietro's voice was soft, and he wore a small smile as the day's end drew upon his weariness, and the Fourth Year was soon fully asleep.

When morning came, there was a warm ray of sunshine that swam up the sheets. And the room was very comfortable, a reasonable temperature even in the morning. It was clear that he had an alarm clock, but due to their new schedule and for Abigail, it appeared that Pietro had turned it off. And oddly, the said man would still be asleep when Abigail woke up. He had drew closer to her, truly enjoying her warmth next to him, and his face showed absolute comfort and peace. As much as Abigail said she came her to be with him last night, it seemed Pietro truly benefited the most from her company. A soft exhale escaped his lips as he pressed into his pillow more, getting more comfortable while his arm still remained draped across her waist. Though if Abigail moved, she would find him to be a good bit into his slumber. It might take a bit more to wake him this time.

Abigail always woke up early. She had trained herself to, really. Of course she was almost confused as to where she was before her mind remembered what happened last night. For a moment, she laid there. Her heart was racing. She had no idea what she was going to do. She came here to have sex with Pietro, but she couldn't bring herself to. Sure, one reason was because it seemed cruel to play with his emotions like that. But the main reason was because she loved Alexander. She really, really loved him and there was no way she could bring herself to do this to him. He had slept with Hanna because he thought that she had no interest in him. But if she slept with Pietro now, knowing that Alexander had feelings for her...she would just be a horrible person.

She really, really wanted to see Alexander. Pietro looked like he was still asleep, so she wouldn't wake him up. Abigail really couldn't bring herself to break up with him, but she knew she had to. She slowly rolled out of bed and then went to his living room, finding a piece of paper. This was probably a bad way to end things, but there was no other way she could. He'd probably hate her after this and she didn't want to see his face when he realized that they weren't going to be a couple together. Finding something to write with wasn't hard. Pietro kept things well organized. To the point where even Abigail could find it somewhat meticulous. Though that was just who he was.

Pietro, I'm sorry for running off and not waiting for you to wake up. First, I want to tell you how much it means to me that you accepted me. You are the most talented student in all of Accel, and you actually believed in me. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to give up on my studies, but then thought of you for motivation. Because of that, I'm in the advance classes now with you, and I couldn't have felt more happy. I can't wait to tell my parents, because I know they'll be very proud of me. And when I do tell them, I'll tell them about you. Because you have been my motivation this whole year.

I really do love you, but unfortunately...it's a kind of love that a sister has for their brother. You're amazingly wonderful, and I love spending time with you. But I realized that...I don't have romantic feelings for you. It took something really..drastic to help me see that. I really want to stay friends with you though. I don't want us to stop talking, or working together. I don't want things to be awkward so...when you get this message, and maybe if you aren't too mad...we could talk about it. But my last confession to you, might hurt you the worst.

The man I'm in love with is Alexander. I'm sorry.

Abigail had to wipe tears away from her eyes before she folded the letter and left it on the dining room table. She then grabbed her things and left, not bothering to change. She had to see Alexander. She really wanted to see him and apologize for even thinking about sleeping with Pietro. Who cares that he had been with Hanna? Who cares about any of that when the truth was right in her face? She loved that man!

That morning, Alexander groaned himself awake as he found himself laying face first into the ground of the trio's apartment. His head felt like someone had taken a hammer to it. Several hundred times. He had gazed around tiredly, seeing the entire twelve pack of malt liquor that both Hannabelle and himself had started upon. She got through it a good bit, but Alexander definitely finished off the rest last night. He remembered why too. After hearing what Abigail had planned, it felt like he wanted to tell her no. To scream it out. To keep her from leaving. Hell, he'd even chain her to her bed or something! But ultimately, for what Alexander did to her, he knew that he deserved that kind of pain. After all, he hurt the woman he loved. So it only seemed fair. Even though he honestly hated every breathing second that passed when he thought of those two doing it right now.

Forcing his body up, he got on his hands and knees, shaking his head lightly before sitting back upon his knees, rubbing his face. "Ugh, fuck..." At least he learned one thing; he actually could hold his liquor pretty well. Was he hangover? Perhaps just slightly, but it didn't feel god awful to the point where he wanted to just die. Still though, he definitely didn't feel like 100%. Barely even 80%. Nevertheless, the man made it to the bathroom and soaked his face several times over, having forgotten about Hannabelle's sleeping form on the couch. He managed to at least clean up the area around them, figuring that whenever Abigail returned from... that... that she'd at least want to see the place she once lived cleaned up and tidy. She'd probably move in with Pietro in a heartbeat after finding out she really loved him more. Alexander felt his heart sank, but he pressed on. The living room was spotless by the time he was done, and he even tucked Hannabelle in with a blanket and pillow on the couch.

Standing in the kitchen though, Alexander stared at the coffee pot that they used on several occasions. Abigail like coffee. He always saw her and Pietro enjoying it. He scratched his chin and started working out the process on how to make coffee. He even looked it up and started doing it as best he could. It sounded easy enough, right? Though it was obvious that Alexander wasn't measuring right. By the time it was done, Alexander had watered down the coffee a bit too much, so the flavor would definitely be off. Though, somewhat remotely coffee-flavored. As for food and breakfast, he decided to take a shot at it. And maybe... just maybe, Abigail would be here this morning. He started with eggs. More like stared at them in his hands. He had to break them, right? Okay, easy... right? Alexander lightly tapped it against the counter, but it was still too hard, and the egg ended up splattering on the counter top. "Shit..." Alexander grumbled, wiping it up quickly and tossing the trash away. He tried again, and with less mess, the cracked egg was usable. Sweet, throw that in the pan. Another egg, and he did the same. Two eggs sounded good. He pulled out another pan and started working on something easy-ish to go along with the eggs. Pancakes! Though, it was clear that he had no idea what he was doing. And the instructions were on the box!

By the time Abigail made it to outside the apartment door, she'd no doubt start smelling burnt batter, and the weak aroma of coffee. Alexander was stressing out a bit as he was wasting batter, creating a huge mess on the stove, and he even overdid the eggs. Not to mention that the coffee was still being warmed up while he tried this. If it wasn't clear before, it was clear now to the Berserker that he had a long way to go with cooking breakfast.

Abigail ignored all of the odd stares she got as she went downstairs and ran to the apartment. Though the first thing she noticed was the smell of something...burning. She was worried, because neither Hanna nor Alexander cooked. Immediately she opened the door and turned to her right where the kitchen was. Alexander was there, and he seemed to be in some sort of frenzy. She dropped her bag and then walked over to the kitchen, seeing the mess everywhere. "What on earth or you doing, Alexander?" She asked softly, though she could already see the disaster that was going on and she turned off the stove without asking him for permission.

Who was he trying to cook for? She would have thought Hanna, but she could see that he was brewing coffee and she distinctly remember Hannabelle telling them both how much she hated it. This was for her, wasn't it? "Alexander," Abigail started, smiling a little at the gesture. He wanted to cook her breakfast..that was just so sweet to her. "Never thought anyone could mess up a batch of eggs...and the pancakes..the batter is too chunky. You should have added more water...ahh, and the coffee...well it looks like you put too much water in the tank.." She started to laugh for a bit before she stopped herself. She didn't know where Hanna was and she didn't care. She just moved towards him and pressed her lips against his, closing her eyes as she enjoyed his warmth.

Why hadn't she seen this side to him before? The side that clearly cared about her and loved her? If she had, then she wouldn't have had to break Pietro's heart like that. But none of that matter. She was with him now and...well she wanted him. Needed him. She broke the kiss, looking into his eyes as she stroked his cheek. "Alexander, I didn't do it. I didn't sleep with him, I couldn't bring myself to. I left him a note and broke up with him. I was too afraid to do it face to face, and I feel horrible but...I just want you. I can't stop thinking about you, Alexander. It's been that way for years and...well I just want you to know that I love you. Truly, I love you so much. I could never sleep with another man when I know that. When I know that I love you and you have the same feelings for me. I'm sorry I even tried." She hugged him tightly, her head resting up against his chest.

She did it. She confessed for real this time, even admitting to having the feelings since as long as she could remember. She looked up at him, and she did feel a twinge of nervousness. Like she still felt as if he was going to reject her. But she just pushed it to the back of her mind. She was confident that he loved her and he wanted her. That's why she could only hope that he had either already broken up with Hanna, or he was planning to. Because she wanted to be his girlfriend, and she wanted everyone to know that. She didn't care what people would say...or what they would think. She loved Alexander, not Pietro..

Alexander jumped at his name, flinging batter up into his hair as he cursed in frustration. "Gah, fuck...!" His voice was just above a whisper as he sighed lightly, looking over to Abigail with a bit of a defeated expression. Breakfast was totally not his style. He could even have the world's easiest toaster, and somehow he'd still manage to burn the bread before it even got in the toaster. It was really hard to do, that was for sure. And recalling how Abigail made food so easily and made it taste freaking fantastic, it felt like it would take him a full century before he could master making perfect pancakes. "Well, I had the genius idea to make you breakfast. I'm... seriously glad you're here, even though I doubt breakfast is edible. Even I wouldn't eat this shit if it was the last food on earth." He mumbled in annoyance, brushing out the pancake batter in his hair. Thankfully it wasn't really that bad, or else he'd need another shower. Watching her turn off the stove, Alexander sighed again. Yeah, that was a total failure.

Abigail's words made him glare lightly at her, though he had to agree. Eggs and pancakes had to be the easiest thing in the world to make on a stove top. How could he blow it that bad? And then Abigail, like a mind reader, explained how exactly the Berserker had done it wrong. And when she mentioned the coffee, he went wide-eyed. He even screwed that up too?! Alexander groaned in annoyance and grabbed at the roots of his hair. "Oh come on, did I even do anything remotely right?" He whined, staring at her as she laughed. Ugh, he gave up. Perhaps he should just let Abigail stick to making breakfast for them from now on, but... there was a part of him that wanted to try again. Abigail liked the gesture, since she wasn't yelling or snapping at him. That meant something. Perhaps with a bit more practice, maybe even some pointers-

Suddenly, that didn't matter anymore. In the next moment, Abigail had closed the distance and kissed him. Herself. Willingly. His eyes fluttered shut, almost as if he had nearly lost conscious and entered into some dream-like utopia where nothing else mattered. Well, honestly, nothing did right now. Alexander returned her affection, arms wrapping around her in not only in an affectionate manner, but in pure adoration and possessiveness. The Berserker leaned forward as if to continue the kiss, but her hand brought him back into reality. She wanted to say something? Alexander opened his eyes slowly to gaze into her's, leaning into her soft, warm palm, nuzzling it ever so softly. "What...?" There was obviously excitement in his voice, but almost disbelief. Abigail sounded so sure that she was going to do that. That she was going to... find out if she had feelings for Pietro still. His mind reeled with what her decision was until she finally confirmed it. And they were words that the young man had yearned to hear for so very long in his entire life. What he dreamed of every night. What he wanted to hear after he told her how he felt that day when Hannabelle first spoke to him of her feelings.

Abigail pressed them together again, but Alexander was the one to tighten their hold upon one another. His face buried into the top of her head, lost in her brunette strands as he breathed in deeply. And shakily. Those strong arms clutched on to her like he had just returned from war and didn't even think he'd survive to see his love again. His breath hitched in his throat a little, and Alexander couldn't hold back the few stray tears that pricked his eyes. And for a while, Alexander just held her. No, he truly held her. Like a lover. Like all those emotions after so many years were just being let loose, and he couldn't hold back. Abigail would hear him constantly repeating "Thank you" over and over again, somehow pulling her even closer into his body. Though, the man relented in his grip before it got truly uncomfortable for the smaller woman. Actually, it was starting to ache just a little with that iron grip of his. Could one blame him? Alexander was just so happy!

Hannabelle... he hadn't done anything yet, but he promised what he said last night. The Berserker cleared his throat as he took on hand to wipe at his eyes. "I didn't shed a single tear, you got that?" He threatened playfully, chuckling softly as he sniffed a bit. Ugh, cut the waterworks, he reprimanded himself. "But... I haven't spoken to Hanna yet. I made way too many mistakes to you. And, it's not fair what I did to her. I love you. I've always loved you. I've wanted to be with you since day one." Alexander took a deep breath, gently caressing her hips tenderly. "But, I have to tell Hanna up front. I don't want make more mistakes. And I want you to know how much of a man I am." He explained, resting his forehead upon her's gently.

Alexander had a fricken vice grip, and for a moment the embrace wasn't as enjoyable as she would have liked it to be. But that didn't matter. She really did like being in his arms, and well...she felt safe in them. Like nothing bad in the world could ever get to her when she was pressed against his muscular frame. The way her heart fluttered while they were against each other...This was what love felt like. It was in her face the entire time, and she hadn't even realized it. How could she have been so stupid? She looked into his eyes and she could see him tearing up. It was slightly amusing to her, but she didn't comment. Now wasn't the time to tease him. They had their entire lives ahead of them for her to do that.

"Yeah, whatever." She said with a shrug when he playfully threatened her not to tell anyone about him crying. Oh, that sounded a little mean, but she wasn't teasing him. It would take her a bit of time to get out of that habit of always being snarky with him. But it shouldn't have been a problem or anything. After all, they were use to being a little mean to each other. She frowned a little when he said that he hadn't spoken to Hanna. The caress of his hips made her blush, and so did his closeness when he pressed his forehead against hers. "Yeah..that makes sense, Alexander. But once you're done...you should ask me to be your girlfriend." Abigail told him as she held his hand.

"It's already done.." A soft voice came from outside of the kitchen, from the living room. Abigail flinched, and she realized Hanna hadn't left the couch from last night and was apparently awake right now. She panicked, and for a moment she debated on just leaving those two alone. But Hanna came into the dining room, several feet away from them. "...I knew you two loved each other from the beginning. I shouldn't have tried to steal you away from Abigail, Alexander." Abigail could see the tears that were forming in Hannabelle's eyes. She was hurt...and Abigail felt a little guilty. But at the same time, Hanna was right. At least about her...she would always tease Abigail of liking Alexander.

"Hanna...umm...." Abigail was a bit awkward, stepping away from Alexander out of respect. After all, they weren't officially done and over with until the conversation ended. "I didn't meant for this to happen...I should have listened to you from the start and..I'm sorry." Even if Hanna knew about them liking each other it was really no excuse. Hanna looked away from Abigail and shook her head.

"Hey...I'm just...gonna go, okay? I wanted to eat something at the cafe before class and it looks like we're not going to have breakfast here..." Hanna turned her back on them both, and Abigail bit her lip, her eyes flashing up to Alexander. What should they do? If they left her alone, she'd be upset but..what if she just was the type to deal with things alone? Abigail really didn't remember seeing Hanna sad..ever.

Abigail's response made him glare at her just slightly. Well, she sounded like the usual Abigail. Maybe not... the best response he would've liked to hear. Ah, perhaps it was better not to be so demanding when Alexander nearly lost her to Pietro, Mr. Perfect here in Accel. With a sigh, Alexander opened his mouth to continue on, but that was when he could hear another voice enter. With it, Alexander's eyes widened and his whole body froze. The shape shifter had woken up and entered into the kitchen. Just being in the living room, it would've been crystal clear to hear as well. The pans were done sizzling with the ruined eggs and pancakes, the coffee had stopped brewing, and literally, one could hear a pin drop against the floor. Which only meant that however long ago Hannabelle woke up, she would have heard everything perfectly. Clear as the day was outside. And that made Alexander felt like the ultimate piece of crap in the kitchen.

Hannabelle's words didn't sound convinced. Even if she succumbed to what they had now, it was absolutely obvious that Hannabelle didn't want this. She didn't want this one bit, and he could see it in those tears. Her words rang true, and even if she knew it more so with Abigail, Alexander always gazed at her whenever the Mage walked away. Longing stares. Whispers of how he wanted her to notice him, or a soft promise to himself that he would work hard to prove that he was worthy of her attention. Even if Hannabelle wanted Alexander, it was clear that she had been a fly on the wall to them both. The young woman saw anything and everything that went on between them, even if they were blind to one another. She knew of their feelings even before they did. And yet she still went after him. The Berserker, unreachable to her no matter how hard she would try. Alexander knew now that since they started dating, he had been one big lie to her. He could never return her feelings, but he told her he would. He told her he'd think about it, but the decision was already made. Alexander lied to her for far too long, and it was time to tell the truth.

He watched the girls go back and forth, but as Hannabelle turned her back, Alexander immediately stopped her. "Hanna..." He said softly, yet firmly. A soft pair of eyes looked to Abigail, his head gently nodding. This needed to happen, even if it was the most painful experience for the shape shifter. But, if either of them left it like this, it would only pain the shape shifter anymore. And even if he couldn't love Hannabelle the way she wanted, he loved her in a caring way. He wanted her to be okay. He wanted her to come back from this. And maybe... well, maybe they could still be friends. So, Alexander pulled Hannabelle into a deep hug, sighing deeply.

"Hannabelle, I'm so sorry. For this... all of this. How much I lied to you. How I just took advantage of your feelings. It was wrong. I shouldn't have treated you that way." Alexander soon released her from his embrace, yet his hands remained upon her arms. He looked down at her face, frowning deeply. "If I was honest with my own feelings, you wouldn't have gone through this. But I do love Abigail. I always have. I always will." His fingers tried to brush away her tears. "I don't want to lose you either though. You're my best friend, and I know I've ruined some of that already... probably a lot of it. But, maybe in time, as long as you need... maybe we can go back to that? Like we did when we first came here." Alexander didn't know how to end it well. He bit his lips and let his hands fall to his side, giving Hannabelle some space. This truly was the first time Alexander truly saw her sad and heartbroken. He rubbed the back of his neck, looking over to Abigail.

This... Maybe this was the best they could get.

When she felt Alexander hug her from behind, it made her tears spill down her cheeks. She really hated this, but what could she do? Those two had been crazy about each other for a long time, and she was silly to think that she could change their mind. She was stupid for thinking Abigail really only wanted Pietro. It was one thing if Alexander chased after a girl who didn't want him, but she knew Abigail still cared about him which was why she was so angry and uncomfortable around them when they were in a relationship. She had seen all this coming and yet she had tried to the very end, and that was really the most she could do. She listened to Alexander's words carefully, and she laughed a little bit. It was forced, and Abigail sighed and looked away hearing it. "Yeah, Alexander. We can stay friends. But right now I just want to be alone."

And that was that. Hanna went into her room to change and then left. And Abigail didn't stop her. She could only imagine what Pietro would go through upon reading that note. And all of a sudden she felt like a scum bag. The worst human being on earth for leaving it the way she did with Pietro. For all she knew, he read it and he was really mad at her. At least Alexander had done it to Hanna's face, even if it wasn't intentional. The door closed and Abigail looked up at Alexander. "I don't know about you, but all this breaking peoples hearts stuff is making me hungry. Why don't you clean up and I'll make us something a little more edible?" She seemed a little coldhearted, but it was just because...well they were together. And she still couldn't help but feel happy about that even though two people got hurt in the process.

Abigail remade everything, except for the coffee. It may not have been good, but it wasn't bad either. She could barely taste the flavor but she didn't want to scrap all of his hard work. She was still in her nightgown, something strange for Abigail since she usually was always dressed. But she had been so busy cooking and really enjoying being around Alexander that she just didn't even think about changing. She showed him exactly how to make eggs, reducing the heat to medium. They were done in under five minutes, and they were light and fluffy. They remade the pancake batter and she gestured to how bubbles all over the surface. That meant they were ready to flip.

Once everything was done, they sat at the table together. Abigail still seemed shy even after they had confessed to loving one another. Even after they had sex twice yesterday. She wasn't...really sure how to be a girlfriend. With Pietro, they just went on dates all the time and she talked to him. Then an occasional peck on the cheek or lips. But with Alexander, it seemed to be less natural for her. She was also a little intimidated because he and Hanna seemed really lovey dovey with each other and she wasn't completely sure if she could do that. Guess she'd find out sooner or later.

"How did everything come out?" She asked him after a while, sipping on her weak coffee that she had put a little cream and sugar in. They had another hour until class started, so she was taking her time, even though today she started her advance classes a little after first period.

Hannabelle's reaction was to be expected. But did that mean he was okay with it? No, not one bit. As Hannabelle forced that laugh, the Berserker couldn't help but look ashamed, like he had just asked the most awful thing of her. And, well, he probably did. How could he truly ask Hanna to be his friend after shattering her heart like that? The shape shifter had given it her all to be more than just a friend. More than just a simple girlfriend too. Alexander ruined that completely for her. A friendship would be very far in the making, and Alexander just had to accept that. "Hanna..." He said weakly, watching the door to her room close. The shape shifter wasn't in there for long, and when she left, it was like they didn't exist for a moment to her. Or, perhaps Hannabelle was trying to see it that way. A heavy sigh left the man as he rubbed his arm, looking back to Abigail. "Well... guess that's my end of things too." He muttered a bit weakly.

Abigail's proposition for a better breakfast stung a little. Jeez, come on, he was really trying here. Even if he was used to something like this, as a couple, Alexander couldn't help but feel a little unappreciated in his efforts. He wouldn't touch his own failed attempt at breakfast, that was for sure. But that little comment of her's wasn't really called for. Alexander just shook his head, letting it slide for now. Maybe he was being a little whiny. Somewhat. It was hard to say now as he focused on cleaning up, but for right now, he didn't want to ruin the morning that was already off to a pretty rocky start for both of them. As much as he had a hard time with Hannabelle, he wondered how Pietro would react to Abigail's letter. The guy didn't look like the type to be angry, but relationships were a touchy thing. Emotions of the heart were pretty fragile. Could Pietro be one of those guys that were vengeful and spiteful after heartbreak? Alexander would happily put him in his place. Or, try. The Berserker was nowhere near Pietro's level...

Having freshened up just a little, Alexander didn't smell like alcohol or anything after last night. He had slipped into a pair of dorm pants again, shirtless as always. They seemed a lot more comfortable now in their sleepwear, where before they seemed to look away shyly or in embarrassment. Well, Alexander didn't remain comfortable, really. Abigail looked a lot more gorgeous in his eyes. He openly gazed at her as she taught him how to cook the items he so graciously failed at cooking before. He wasn't ignoring her at all, taking in all of the information she gave him. No, he wouldn't ever ignore her. Alexander just had some... hard issues to deal with as she demonstrated proper cooking technique. "Ah, gotcha." He muttered, trying to adjust himself before they sat down at the table. It didn't help that they had attempted again last night, but couldn't finish. Ugh, he had to take his mind off things like that! Especially after what they did to the people they were no longer with! Alexander felt so sleazy for even wanting another round of sex with her.

"Huh?" Alexander shook his head out of his stupor. "Oh, um, let me try!" He grabbed a forkful of both the pancakes and eggs after putting some butter on the pancakes, beginning to dig into them with vigor. Oh man, this was really good food. He even forgot to answer Abigail's question, but with how much he was stuffing his face, it was pretty clear what he really thought of it. Though they had plenty of time before class started. But he was unaware of the new class that Abigail had been accepted to. In fact, Alexander was looking forward to each class they would be spending time together in. "Gonna have to move all my stuff to a seat next to you now." Alexander said, blushing lightly. "I mean, you're cool with that right?" He asked, picking up his now spotless plate and putting it in the sink. From there, he grabbed a glass of orange juice and drank it slowly.

Alexander did pause to lean in towards Abigail and give her a kiss. The first kiss in the morning. Their first kiss as... wait, no, he never did ask her. Well, would it be best now? Yeah! Alexander was totally going to do it... but, he did want another kiss. Instead of that light peck he gave her upon the lips, Alexander slid back in with a single hand caressing her cheek. His kiss was a lot more loving, gentle yet deep, and he had to breathe through his nostrils or else he'd pass out. Once they parted though, the Berserker gazed into Abigail's eyes longingly. "Abigail... be my girlfriend. I want you to be my girlfriend. I don't want anyone else. Just you."

Abigail didn't even really seem to notice that he was hard. She was cooking so she was sure that he was just paying attention. Even though she really did enjoy the sex, it couldn't have been any further from her mind. Abigail was the the studious good girl she had always been despite yesterdays course of events. She watched as he ate breakfast, though she didn't seemed to be too grossed out by his eating habits. In fact, she was flattered by it. She was glad he liked her food so much. Maybe she should teach him how to cook. He seemed pretty annoyed with her for throwing away all of his hard work. But what could she do? It was..kinda bad. Whatever.

"No, I don't mind if you move your stuff to where I sit. But..." She trailed off, and realized she had completely forgotten to tell Alexander she had made it into the special classes. He would not like that at all..not in the slightest. When he picked up his plate, she looked at her own and realized she hadn't even really touched her. She should probably eat, but she was too busy lost in thought. So she started to work on her food slowly. That was until he came up to her and then leaned in to give her a kiss. His lips tasted like syrup and he smelled liked pancakes. That was...cute.

The kiss itself though, it was amazing. She could feel her heart fluttering again at it. She leaned into his hand as he caressed her cheek, and her slowly opened as she pulled back to look at him. She held his gaze as he started to talk. A light blush came upon her cheeks when he asked her to be his girlfriend and she smiled. "Yeah...I don't want anyone else, either Alexander." She said with a smile before going in to kiss him gently, though the kiss lasted longer than their last. She shifted closer to him as the kiss deepened, and once it felt like she couldn't breathe anymore, she separated from him.

"I...I love you." She told him shyly before looking away and quickly finishing her breakfast. She was...kind of tingly from that kiss. But they didn't have time to do anything naughty so it was time for her to get dressed. "Oh...Alexander..." She began after she finished her plate. "I...well I forgot to tell you something. I got promoted to the gifted classes. The advance ones. So I will be gone for about two hours of the school day. But I can still optionally go to any normal classes that I have, and I'll help you with your work."

The kiss was something that he really needed to clear his mind off of things that had been happening today. It wasn't even noon yet, the day had barely just begun, and they had a lot of shit on their plates to deal with already. Alexander though knew that they should look forward. Never forget, but never let these things bog them down. Abigail would have to face Pietro soon, and no doubt that his strained relationship with Hannabelle couldn't be exciting to see the next time they crossed paths, but that didn't mean he was going to mope around. "I love you too." Alexander replied, blushing deeply. It was the first time he said that in a more calmer situation. Without sex. Without fighting to make her see. She returned it for once, and with that thought, it made him smile. "Ugh, damn, it feels so freaking nice to just say that now. Just openly. Phew..." He sighed out, chuckling lightly to himself before the two of them would have to focus on getting changed and working on getting to class. It would be pretty exciting sitting next to her in class and being together. He was looking forward to it a lot.

Or, so he would seem. "Hm?" Alexander had been in entryway to the kitchen when she called out to him, turning his head to stare off at her. "What's up?" He listened to her speak, mentioning about something that she may have forgotten. With a raised eyebrow, he gave her his full attention. Although, his eyes widened at the news. A gifted and advanced class? Firstly, it would make sense. Even if Alexander tried so hard to match Abigail's caliber, the Mage was probably the best out of both of them. It was a sad thought to admit, because he dreamed of being her equal. That's why he strove to be the best he could. The best Vanguard there was. But right now, Abigail was much more powerful and stronger. No more denying it. But still, hearing all this and realizing that he wouldn't be with Abigail, it was a bit sad. It would be a bit lonely too. And it reminded him that he wouldn't be in that class either.

Though, as if he tapped into some unknown well of motivation, Alexander shook his head and clenched his fist. "Huh, so moving up then, hm?" A grin crossed his lips as he leaned against the doorway and crossed his arms, muscles bulging somewhat. That means she would becoming stronger in this new class. In one way, or many. "Guess that means I really have to step up my game if I want to keep up with you. I'll definitely take your help, but I promise the next time we got something big, I'm going to outshine you a million times over!" He proclaimed boldly, gazing at her with passionate determination. For some reason, it felt like their rivalry just grew stronger. Or more so, that he grew more passionate about wanting to be her equal or her better. After all, Abigail was a Mage, and he was a Berserker. They both had weaknesses and strengths, and ultimately, when put to the test, their skills would both be very fearsome to deal with compared to everyone else.

The Berserker winked. "Do me a favor and get better, all right? Cause I'll love whipping your cute behind on the next test." He then pulled out of the kitchen and went off to his room, working on getting dressed. But he wore a huge smile on the entire time, gazing at a class picture of their previous year together. They were glaring at each other. They were the only ones that weren't facing forward too. Alexander chuckled at that, knowing that they really needed to get a new picture together. It was a must. If he beat her in scores the next round, that would be his prize. And she wouldn't be getting out of it.

Abigail, though, would hear Red's voice in her mind, explaining where her class would be held. He reconfirmed how long the class would be, informing her too that she would receive additional material within the class this morning. This would definitely be a difficult class, something that would really test her smarts, even more so than Accel had tested her. Pietro would be there as well, and it wouldn't exactly be the most comforting situation. But this would be a rather important part of Abigail's career here in Accel. It would be interesting, however, to see that Alexander wouldn't give up just because she was in the lead. He may have been lower in test scores, maybe not the best with magic, and still a First Year. However, many of the instructors could feel a hidden potential within Alexander. There was much room for him to grow as well.

When they were all ready to go, Alexander stood at the front door, waiting for Abigail. If he couldn't be with her in class, the least he could do was walk her to class. He gave his usual, trademark smirk and held out his hand. Yes! They were going to walk hand in hand. "Ready to go, princess?"

Back
Top Bottom