Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Loners (Distain & Sakura)

Jei giggleed as he picked her up. "Hope I'm not too heavy." She said playfully as he walked up the stairs entering the hallway which held her room seeing only 2 doors she pointed to the first one. Soon they walked in. Her room was the only bedroom on the floor so it was pretty big letting him set her down she laughed wryly as his remark. "I'll order the pizza when I'm done getting up slowly she shooed him out.

"I've gotta change." She said turning her back once he left the room slowly making her way to her closet wanting to gget out of her school clothes she undressed putting on a long t-shirt and a pair of shorts finding a crutch she'd had in her closet from when she was little she younger she made her way tot eh door openign it.

"Olrighty back tot he couch. And I'll order us some pizza." She said triumphantly.

"Why can't we stay up here and order pizza?" He said smiling not making any attempt to hide his gaze as it went up and down her slowly. She had just changed and he wondered what she had changed into. He thought she looked cute in her shorts and her tshirt he liked girls that dressed down. He looked into her eyes once he had looked her over standing in front of her door blocking the way. "I suppose because you don't want your mom thinking anything bad huh? " He said smiling offering her his hand to help her down stairs. "Want to walk or be carried? "

Jei shrugged, "I spend most of my time downstairs. The tv's better, and has cable and the DVD, the wii adn the computer are down there. I just take my big down blanket and cuddle up and watch some TV." She said noticing he looked her over but not thinking much of it. She took his hand with a small smile. 'You've carried me around enough today." She said giving his hand a faint squeeze as they walked towards the stairs.

"And like i said if i'm lucky my mother'll be home late. sometimes she works till late in the morning, or she just goes over her... friends." She said quoting with her fingers. "For the night." She continued to the stairs slowly stepping down.

He smiled taking off his coat as they walked down the stairs setting it on the couch all balled up smiling at her. "Put your ankle up on that. " He said smiling helping her down onto the couch before moving to set down in front of her leaning back against the couch. His head near her stomach so he could still look up at her. "So what your telling me is that i should hang out till your mom gets home?" He said smiling leaning back heavily against the couch relaxing.

He had never been happier to get suspended in his life. He almost felt good about hurting David it very well may have gotten him his only friend in the school. "You still with your friends little brother? " He said glancing over at her smiling he had never asked her if they where still dating. That would definitely clinch the fact she would never go out with the big lug in front of her.

She leaned against the couch as he'd set his coat down sitting down on the couch watching him as he sat on the floor. She laid back taking a relaxing breath reaching for the phone. "Hey, this may sound dumb since we've been hanging out most of the day. What's your name. You know my whole name, well that is if ya listened when i was filling out the forms." She said sheepishly.

"Well least till later. I'd like the company. Who knows when my mom'll get here." She sighed knowing how she was.

Surprised when he'd asked about her ex, she shook her head. "nah. It might sound snobby but he was too short. Not saying if I'd met a guy who was short who I really felt a connection with I wouldn't date him. We were just better as friends." She said a little embarrassed. Dialing the number to the pizza shop surprised by the voice she'd heard. "Hey Kac... i was just talking about you...' She said with a nervous chuckle. "I'd like a medium mushroom and pepperoni." She began. "What do you like on yours?" She asked looking towards Stephen ordering a medium of what he'd wanted as well, saying he wanted it to be delivered. When they were done she hung up the phone looking back to Stephen resting her head on the arm of the chair.

"Stephen Kaine Lombardi, why do you care what my whole name is?" He said chuckling softly looking back at her smiling looking into her eyes. "You dumped him because he was short!" He laughed softly shaking his head he had heard worse reasons for dumping a guy. He smiled reaching back gently punching her side. "That is really mean of you by the way." He said winking, his hand brushing her arm lightly as he laid it down on the couch along her side stretching out.

"Peperoni is fine with me nothing to wild i'm a simple guy. " He smiled leaning back putting his head on her waist using her as a pillow. He looked up at the ceiling closing his eyes running over the days events in his mind. He wondered if this girl could like him he missed having a girlfriend and she was so sweet.

Jeithen listening to his name shrugging. "I just wanted to." she said matter-of-factly nodding. hearing how he'd said it she looked awy knowing it seemed like that. "No, we broke up because I didn't feel anything for him beyond friendship. I tried." She said staring towards the front door absently. "I just like taller guys. But if there was a short guy who I liked I would regardless." She said nodding. looking back towards him as he stretched.

Sticking her tongue out when he'd said she was being mean. "Well I'm not mean." She hmphed. reaching for the remote she gave him a look as he laid against her. Turning her attention to the tv she'd turned it on flipping through the guide absently her mind a little scattered.

He smiled as she turned on the tv not even bothering to look at it just relaxing. "You ever get drunk? " He said softly glancing over at her wondering if there was a naughty streak in this cute little geek. "I am betting your a total goody goody. " He said sticking his tongue out at her smirking softly.

"How long has your dad been gone? " He said in a momentary bought of turrets, closing his eyes realizing he had probably just touched a sore wound. "Sorry don't know what i was thinking that is none of my business. " He bit his lip firmly looking back up at the ceiling his head still resting on her waist.

Jei shrugged at his question "No but i'm not gonna be drinking by myself. I'm normal, not a goody goody or anything." She shrugged. shifting her body his head dropping to the couch giggling she slowly got up grabbing the crutch when the bell rang. She walked tot he door opening it only slightly surprised when she saw Kacee standing behind it. He'd grown still shorter than Stephen but taller than her his shaggy blonde hair in his eyes. He grinned at her offering her the pizza's.

"Hey..." She said uncomfortably as she paid. Setting the pizza's down on the table by the door. "Been a while Jei. How are you?" She nodded, "Olright... yourself?" She asked he grinned. "Good. missed ya but I never see you anymore." He said with a pout. "Sorry only see Jaya once a week." She said. "But i've gotta go." She said shutting the door making her way back to the couch awkwardly carrying the pizza's. "pizza's here..." She announced taking a deep breath.

He smiled shaking his head as she walked over hearing the awkwardness in her voice. He pushed himself up slowly walking over to her smiling as he placed his hand on her lower back. Rather enjoying the subtle ways he was flirting with her. He liked dropping those gentle hints that he was interested in her. "So that was your ex huh. " He said softly he could recognize the way she looked when she opened the door.

He smiled setting down at the table taking out a piece of pizza eating it right there. Smiling brightly enjoying his favorite food. "Thank you for the pizza you really did not have to pay for this. " He said smiling at her glancing at her body when he thought she was not looking. He had to admit she had a very lovely form.

Jei looked up looked towards him when he got up seeing him coming towards her. Feeling his hand on her back trying not to blush yet again. ""Yea didn't know he worked there." She sighed trying not to drop the pizza only holding it with one hand. "That was a little awkward." She admitted looking in front of her as she made her way back to the table. Dropping the pizza's on the table she sat down with a small groan a jolt of pain running through her leg.

"Your welcome. Well I asked you to stay so it's only fair I get it." She said reaching forward to get a slice of pizza seeing him looking at her. "Something wrong?" She asked him.

"Nothing at all actually I am honestly having a great time. " He said with a happy sigh looking over to her just enjoying having someone nice to talk to. "I'm just glad i don't have to go home right away at least this way my folks wont know about the suspension till the day after tomorrow. " Said with a shrug knowing the notice would go out in the mail tomorrow and he would get yelled at after school.

No matter what his parents said they really did care that he got suspended all the time. If they did not he would not get yelled at nearly as much. "I am just trying to figure out how long it is going to take before you get sick of me picking on you and throw me out for the night. " He laughed softly flicking a tiny crumb of crust at her hitting her on the cheek.

She gave him a suspicious look but left it at that. "Glad you are." she said taking a bite of her pizza. "Wouldn't it be better to tell them yourself so they won't think you were trying to hide it from them?" She asked. "And it's not like it was your fault." Patting his head lightly. "It'll be olright." She said.

"Why'd you ask about my dad?" She asked a little delayed having gotten distracted by the door and pizza sighing she plastered her smile back on her lips.

Hearing his comment about her kicking her out she chuckled pushing her with her good foot. "You saying I should kick you out." She said. "I'm used to being picked on." She said cocking her eyebrow. "You know you can sit on the couch." She said sitting with her feet on the floor pulling a lever on the side of the couch. The recliner slowly opening.

"I don't know just sort of came out. You never mentioned him and you mentioned your mothers friends so i assumed he was gone for one reason or another." He said softly gathering up another couple slices and moving over to the couch. "Well you just took half the fun away now i wont be a human pillow. " He said laughing putting the jacket ball down in front of her feet so she could prop it up more. He then sat down in the chair holding the pizza with one hand and pulling the lever with the other.

Once reclined he began eating glancing at her occasionally paying most of his attention to the tv. "You know for having met me today your very trusting considering my reputation. Even if you think not all of it is true. " He said softly glancing over at her having finished his pizza.

"Yea." She sighed. "Well my dad's been gone a few years and it wasn't soon enough." She sighed staring at the TV. She rolled her eyes at his remark giggling lightly. She was about to say something when the phone rang. She picked up the handset checking the caller ID turning it on with a sigh.

"Hey Mother." She said said listening to her say she'd got a call from the school. "A friend took me to get my ankle looked at... Yea... I'd hurt it before gym." She said nodding absently. "After that I just wanted to come home and relax... I'm fine... Ok see you tomorrow." She replied hanging up her phone leaning back into the chair.

She shrugged at his comment. "I just don't see you as bad of a guy as people have said, or you try to play it off as." She commented. "Should I not trust you?" She asked still looking to the TV.

He grew quiet when the phone rang allowing her to talk with out being bothered. His eyes falling on her trying to listen in as best he could. Once she was done talking and had hung up he glanced at her giving a week smile."So im sleeping here right?" He chuckled trying to at least make her smile a bit. "If you believe half of what you hear then certainly no." He said laughing reaching over placing his hand on her's.

He pat her hand gently trying to comfort her he could tell she did not like her mom's friends. Slowly he pulled his hand back dragging his finger tip over the back of her hand. He took a deep breath then smiled and tried to break the tension. "You got so gloomy all of a sudden, I need to find away to make you laugh again. " He smiled reaching up placing his hand over her side beginning to tickle it lightly.

Jei looked over to him after a moment cocking her eyebrow at his comment. “Heh, sure, your parents would love that. You staying the night over a strangers home.” She said with a slight chuckle. “Will ya drop the fact you think I shouldn’t trust you… I do, and obviously like you enough to think of you as a friend. “ She said running her hand through her hair glancing his way before looking back to the TV. “I’m glad my mom get’s out and is meeting new people she deserves it after the crap we’ve been through.” She nodded noticing his hand on hers looking away a hint of pink on her cheeks. Wondering to herself what was going through his mind. He couldn’t like her but his actions confused her.

“Oh,. I’m fine. I’m used to be here by myself.” She said with a nod offering him something of a smile. Squirming she pushed his hand away from her side giving him a sheepish smile. “My side’s a little sensitive.” She said with a nod. “What do you want to watch?” She said seeing it was only going on 3. “When do you have to go home.” She asked looking at him with her usual sweet expression.

"They would not care its not like im over at some drug dealers hell if they knew who i was staying with they would be delighted. My mom would be mad because i did not call that is about it. " He smiled at her slowly closing the recliner he did not want to go but he needed to go clear his head and he had things to do.

"I actually am going to get going I have some things i need to do and you don't want to spend the rest of your day just sitting her talking to me. " He said with a smile as he moved over towards her patting her cheek lightly. "Oh and i wanted to give you one thing before i go. " He smiled leaning in quickly and pressing his lips against hers in a soft kiss his lips working gently against hers for a few moments before he turned and with out another word left the house. Leaving his jacket tucked under her sore ankle holding it up.

Jei listened as he spoke of how they'd react chuckling a little uncomfortably, she'd liked him but felt it would be awkward if he stayed all night. "They'd be delighted?" She asked with a chuckle She noticed that strange expression again but didn't ask him about it since he was leaving.

She turned her head when he'd said he was going to leave. "Oh yea that would be so much torture." She said playfully. "I'm sure there'd be worse things. But I'm sure you've got things to do, and ready your parents for the upcoming news." She said with a nod. She gave him a strange look as he'd said he had something for her giving him a small smile, "What?" She asked curiously.

When he'd leaned closer she was shocked to feel his lips on hers. Staring at him her cheeks bright red as he pulled aawy not saying anything as he left shutting her door behind him. She placed herfingers to her lips which seemed to almost tingle at the sensation. She watched him leave staring at the closed door a moment befoe turning back to the TV not really paying attention to what she was watching a small smile curling her lips.

He chuckled softly to himself as he moved to his car getting in quickly. "Well we shall see how she reacts to that tomorrow. " Smiling he put the car in reverse and headed into town making his way to the small gym he called home. Once there he changed and went to work spending the next 5 hours training. It was the only thing that kept him calm after dealing with ass wholes all day.

He got home just after his dad went to bed for the night around 10 and said hello to his mother before going into his room. He sat down and looked at his books thinking about the cute brain he had spent the day with. He shook his head well he could never say he did not at least let her know he liked her a little. Finally deciding to go to bed around 12 after 2 hours of just laying there thinking about the events of the day.

Jei was left sitting alone on the recliner her fingertips still softly pressed to her lips her face till a hot shade of red. Feeling a little confused she allowed herself to smile getting up she made her way to her front door locking it turning into the kitchen getting herself a bottle of cranberry soda and some sushi she’d had in the fridge before awkwardly making her way back to the couch. Getting comfortable once more she’d found a movie to watch.

She had a hard time trying to fall asleep finally succeeding a little after 1 in the morning. Waking a few hours later to the sounds of her mother trying to sneak back inside, startled by seeing her young daughter lying on the couch and seeing the crutch leaning against it she gave her a confused look asking her what was going on.

The older woman sat beside her on the couch and she lifted the blanket showing her, her ankle. Her mother instantly started fussing over her asking her what was wrong. She lied saying she was in a hurry to class and misstepped on the stairs hurting her ankle, Telling her that she did leave school with her friend who’d taken her to a clinic because they were worried about her. Her mother sighed but nodded understandingly glad she’d had her foot looked at. Asking her about Keiko Jeithen running her hand through her hair.

“Actually it wasn’t Keiko, she would have but she couldn’t leave class. It was a new friend of mine… Stephen.” She said with a shy smile getting her mother’s attention a strange look coloring her features. “So my little Jeithen finally has a boyfriend? Where have you been hiding him?” She asked a hint of playful suspicion in her tone.

Jeithen put her hands up denying her accusations. “He’s just a friend… “ She said a hint of a blush returning to her cheeks. Her mother noticing this smiling. The 2 ended up talking till nearly 7 in the morning. When Jeithen noticed the time she’d frantically tried to get up hurting her ankle. Her mother told her to go up to her room and get some sleep she’d call the school and tell them she’d be in late. As well as give them a piece of her mind about her precious little girl hurting herself. Jeithen didn’t argue just making her way up to her room dropping to her bed once inside fast asleep in mere minutes.

Stephen slept soundly his body was exhausted form the work out, his mind from the constant thought he had placed it in. His dreams where happy for the first time in a long time, most filled with talking to a girl who he liked. Waking up in the morning a frown forming realizing his dreams where just that. He grumbled and pushed the pillow he had been laying against off the bed in frustration.

Soon he was showered and dressed in his normal attire, black shirts and jeans. He groaned realizing he had left his jacket at Jei's place. He growled grabbing his hoodie and sneaking out of the house not eating. Not wanting to risk being caught by his dad in the morning just not wanting to talk to him. He drove quickly to school arriving just in time to get to class with out being late.

Rumors swirled as he walked in, most assumed he was suspended. Dave shrank in his chair thinking that Stephen had came back to school to hurt him for getting him suspended. Once he had sat back down everyone relaxed a bit realizing he was not going to go crazy at least not yet.

Jeithen slept till late in the morning. It was going on 11 when she finally lifted her head from her feathery pillow and looked to the clack after finding her classes to place on her nose once more. She groaned taking her time getting out of bed since her ankle still was hurting her. She stretched tiredly as she climbed to her feet hoping to her closet deciding what to wear. Her mind absently replaying the previous days events as she stared blankly a moment longer before she reached in pulling out her outfit.

Making her way into her bathroom she showered stepping out 20 minutes later she dried off rewrapping her ankle in clean bandages and brushed her hair as she went back to her room getting dressed. Slipping into a pair of flared grey jeans which hugged her slim curves and sat on her hips. And a hooded forest green cropped sweater vest which showed off her toned stomach and her pierced navel. Something she didn’t do often. With the crutch’s help she’d made her way down stairs seeing her mother sitting at the table. She’d grabbed her shoulder bag and walked into the kitchen her fleece jacket in her hand.

Her and her mother made their way to the school arriving after a 20 minute drive she got out and made her way into school. Having missing the first class she’d had with Stephan she went into the office getting a pass making her way to her art class which was just beginning. She walked in to see her classmates staring at her especially the seniors. People asking her about her leg, and what she had to do with Dave or Stephan. Blushing she took her seat finding her mind drifting as she took her seat.

Stephen when threw the first few hours walking silently from class to class. His hood pulled up over his head covering his face in shadow. He ignored the rumors early in the day that he had beating dave for no reason, and that he and Jeithen were dating. He remained silent in classes taking hanging his head with a soft sigh he could not wait for the end of the year. He was sick of rumors and murmurs that followed him in school.

He was wondering where Jeithen was he had not seen her all day and he was starting to worry about her. He decided he would go over to her place after school to check on her and get his jacket. He then made his way to art grumbling as he walked in.

Jeithen sat in the back corner of the class, Art was one of her few favorite classes it was a generally mixed class to begin with, and no one really bothered her. She got her art supplies out setting them on the desk besides her. The ball hadn’t rung yet and she hadn’t noticed Stephen as he came in right away fishing through her bag for her color pencils. Hearing a slight murmur flowing through the room.

“Jeithen…” She heard a student in front of her whisper loudly. “Is it true?” She asked Jei giving her a confused look. “What?” She asked her expression giving her away. “That you and Lombardi are dating and Dave talked to you and that’s why he blew up?” The girl asked an interested look on her face.

Jeithen groaned annoyed shaking her head. “That is not what happened. He was helping me from David and beyond that it’s none of your business.” She sighed sitting back once more the class blocked from view staring at her large drawing pad which held a sketched image of large blooming sakura blossoms, and a path through them a faceless figure walking through it.

Back
Top Bottom