Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Musketeers OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacey Knickers

Planetoid
First of all, I apologize for taking longer than I intended to get this going. RL was kind of crazy this week. (I hate having a roommate!)

Next, about how I role-play; I generally post at least a paragraph (four or five sentences), sometimes more. I generally right in present-tense, first person, but for this, since I'll be playing two characters, I'll be writing in third-person. If you prefer first person, go for it. I try to post at the very least once a day once we're up and running.

Which brings me to the Cardinal; I'll be playing Richelieu, but I don't expect him to have a lot of “screen time,” I'm doing it because he's such a mover in this universe, I think we need him. How much success I have playing a male character, we'll see. I rarely try it.

Anyone else who wants to take on another character, feel free to post it. I'll be opening the character profile thread in a moment or two.

I'll give a day at least to let everyone that wants to, to post a character. The more the merrier so if you're not already on the list and want to jump in, post a character!

Profile info:

Name:
Alias(es):
Appearance:
Allegiance:

About me:

Athos is posted.

As I noted previously, I'll be happy to take on additional characters as needed - whether permanently or temporarily. There's nobody else I'm dying to play right now, though, so I won't post any profiles. Yet, anyway.

And a paragraph or two sounds like a good goal. I'm busy for the next month with work, but I'll try to get a post up each night that Athos is on camera (so to speak...).

I was hoping to get at least one more profile posted, but I don't want to wait much longer. I'll open the RP thread tomorrow morning.

Corsair and Cora, if you're still willing to play multiple characters, jump in with both feet!

I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going! I'll be offline until Tuesday night; hope to see some more CPs by then.

Soo....

I've just started rereading The Three Musketeers, and I find myself relearning a few things that may prove useful for this thread.

Language is ornate, and flattery will get you everywhere. Everybody, men and women alike, appreciate a little incense - so feel free to extol the virtues of the person you are speaking to.

If flattery fails, there are duels. And if your duel is interrupted, why, you have friends do you not? And what true Cavalier would turn his back on a friend?

Affairs are everywhere. D'Artagnan was trying to seduce his landlord's wife by page 100, Porthos has a string of lovers, and Aramas certainly appears to have at least a few. Even Queen Anne is having an affair with the Duke of Buckingham. But! A true Cavalier will take pains to protect his lover's honor, and would happily be torn to pieces rather than bring disgrace on her.

*Big grin*

I just started to watch the BBC series of the Musketeers and it was interesting to note that in the very first episode, Aramis was sleeping with the Cardinal's mistress and D'Artagnan slept with Athos' presumed late wife, M'Lady. Who, consequentially, framed him for murder that very same night!

I'm hoping we get plenty of people to play all the parts; this could be a great, twisted, and drama-filled RP if we get the right group of people who are invested in their characters.

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=59736

We're up! I apologise for the delay. Needless to say, we're still open for anyone that wants to join!

Oh Corsair my dear! Your post has raised the bar and set the tone; I absolutely adore how well the tone of the era is conveyed by your interaction between Anthos and Porthos!

Indeed, as so eloquently stated by our dear friend Traveler, Corsair has set our standards quite high! I am in fear that my own poor prose will pale in comparison. I must say, our narrative is off to a fine start.

I must raise two plot points. Firstly, I believe it is important to dramatic tension that Lady de Winter and Athos do not, at the outset, know of each other's presence in Pairs. Indeed, I believe Athos still believes his wife to be dead. I look forward to their first meeting face to face, however that may come about. Do you concur, friend Corsair?

Secondly, I find myself speculating on young d'Artagnan's current status with the Musketeers. Is he yet a Musketeer officially, or rather one of the band in all but name? I have no preference in this matter; I simply wish to establish our scenario.

I agree with the premise that Athos should not know of Lady de Winter's presence. Whether or not she knows of his presence is another matter. It would seem that vengeance would be one of her motivators. But then again, he does not use his noble title as a Musketeer, so his presence might be a wonderful dramatic point to use later on. She did truly love him, did she not?

It seems that D'Artagnan at this point is merely a free agent. I know that he's worked with the Musketeers in the past and perhaps even trained with them, but I do not believe he receives any compensation from them nor does he don their uniform. What exactly does he do for money? He cannot subsist on his good looks and charm alone, can he? Perhaps he is living on what little is left of the money he and his father brought to Paris when seeking the King's ear regarding events in Gauscany? If he wasn't so damned noble then money would be an ideal motivator.

On this note shall we assume that Queen Anne is not having an affair with the Duke of Buckingham? In the BBC production she did seem quite taken with Aramis, but perhaps we could turn the tide towards a younger, more impressionable cad of a gentleman newly come to the city of love.

Thank you both!

I'm in agreement with leaving Athos in the dark. Having hanged his wife as a thief years ago, he's no reason to be surprised. And should Milady know? I say no, unless drama ductates otherwise.

At this time, d'Artagnan may still be a guardsman. He was recommended to that post by the head of the Musketeers (in the novel) to prepare him to become a Musketeer.

Hey everyone - LadyKnickers has been offline since 10/25/14 with no message about when she'll be back. Hopefully she just got busy and nothing terrible has happened, but she might have simply left the site.

In lieu of her absence I believe this RP is done. I'm taking it off my subscription list. If she returns and the RP starts back up then please PM me and let me know.

Corsair, you are an excellent writer and role player. I'd gladly write with you again anytime! If it were possible to favorite posts then yours would have been favorited by me already. :cool: Take care!

Traveler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom