Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Could you raise demon spawn?

Could you raise a demonic child?

• Total voters

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
This thread will contain a lot of spoilers for the movie Case 39, starring Renee Zellweger and that guy from the Silver Linings Playbook movie.

So, as I said, I was rewatching this movie and I kinda get annoyed at Ms. Zellweger every time. I mean, the little girl is a cute little girl and she demands that her every command be followed - even as she subtly works her magic to kill everyone around them, one by one. If it were me and the chances of survival were better if I did not piss the girl off and just went on pretending she was a normal little girl... I could do it. Even knowing that she was the cause of the death and destruction around us. I'd hang every picture of a bloody massacre on the fridge and compliment her use of red and depiction of human terror on the faces of the victims.

Could you raise a child that you knew was evil? Or would you do the *rolls eyes* "right thing" and attempt to kill her?

I'm with MellowYellow on this one. I would most definitely love and protect my own child, even if they were evil. i personally believe mothers shouldn't abandon their children. But Zellweger's character took in a child that wasn't her own, and had that been me, I would've tried to kill the demon spawn too.

Never saw the movie.....however, if the child was mine--whether biologically or by adoption--I'd probably raise them, most certainly love them and just somehow find a way to cope with it. Not saying I wouldn't test the waters and see about having them talk to someone because I'd probably attempt it. But if that went horribly wrong and things started to become clear as to what was truly going on (meaning, I suddenly realize my child is actually some sort of evil demon), I'd just accept it and move on. It would be scary, but I'd find a way even if it mentally made me crazy. Which it probably would.

I didn't see this either, but I think there's a maternal instinct that most women are biologically born with that would lead them to protect their child, even if it was a demon or satan re-born or whatever. The science aspect of it, is just the survival of the human species. If parents, especially mothers, didn't have that instinct, we wouldn't likely survive or prosper as we have.

Then again, speaking as a man without such maternal instinct and with a much less attached paternal one, it depends. I'm not a parent, so I haven't experienced many of these feelings yet.

But safe to say, if my child is evil, like truly evil, I'd probably raise it with caution. If for nothing but self preservation. Chances are this kid can probably kill me too, so I would let fate take its course and live. For the kid's sake if not my own.

Hmmm...kill demon spawn...raise demon spawn? I did not see the movie either, but based on the details given, my self-preservation instincts would kick in more so than my maternal instinct. I'm thinking if little demon spawn has a prime directive of kill all who defy her/him/it, as long it felt that I was not an overt threat, it would not kill me. Perhaps at some future point I might be able to find a weakness and hopefully a way to destroy it and avoid the destruction of all mankind (sorry dead people it killed already--you're collateral damage). Other than that...is demon spawn's Daddy paying child support? I mean...really...if I have to raise it, surely 'Daddy Demon' can cough up a few dollars, a mansion, some lunch money. Would Daddy Demon really want his little destroyer living like the impoverished masses...am I right?

I hope I'm not currently raising demon spawn, that would seriously ruin my day. ;)

Hmmm.....I have a problem with the term 'evil'. It's too biblical and suggestive of 'right and 'wrong', in other words, no gray areas. Haven't seen the film (yet) but hope I'd do my best to help and nurture my child while negating danger to the wider community.

After all, even Rosemary accepted her 'devil' baby when push came to shove.

If it's a case of loving them, then yeah, let them live. I've never been a mom, but I have a huge soft spot for kids who aren't even mine, so yeah. To be honest, I think most demon spawn don't have a lot of qualms about killing their human parents, complacent or not. Even if they did, I don't want to live in Hell on earth. I'd kill them painlessly in their sleep if I weren't blinded by love.

Back
Top Bottom