Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Breaking The Habit (Sencreeya and Kuziya)

Keegen looked up at the man hesitantly nodding his head obediently, "Yes sir, I understand and will from now on, I am sorry I caused such an inconvenience Sir Gates and master." His voice was low and submissive and he even gave a slight bow. Moving aside so the man could leave if he so pleased, he had ignored Randolph head shakes knowing this was the best to be agreeable it meant it was less likely for you to get hurt or hurt worse.

"Good." he stormed out slamming the door not noticing his son wince when it did. Randolph's breath came out in one long sigh as he lay back down and closed his eyes. "I don't know where you were, but where ever you were I suggest you sleep and not deal with it until tommorrow." he turned away from Keegen pulling his blankets up and trying to sleep again.

Keegen tensed lightly as the door banged to a close, he let his breath out more silently really thankful that he was not struck, he would have to be more careful doing this on his first night here had been extremely risky....not to much like him to be so reckless. Keeping his gaze to Randolph's floor he heard the boy shift away from him in his bed. Since his friend/master did not directly ask, the seventeen year old did not see the reason to lie about where he was instead he climbed on the couch and slipped off his shoes laying down. He stared into he dark for a long while before forcing himself to sleep.

Randolph's dreams were uneasy. He kept seeing his mom and then she would be gone and in her place was his dad. The boy curled deeper under the blankets until he jerked awake. He wiped at his forehead and looked at the clock. It was close to the time he usually woke so he got up and slipped out of the room walking downstairs. He stepped into the kitchen and started cleaning it up before he started making breakfast.

Several hours later after a shower Randolph shook Keegen's shoulder. "Hey Gen you want breakfast?"

Keegen slept rather okay since it was one of the better places he had to sleep in his life. However having to come to the call of others and failing to do so meant punishment, Gen had become an extremely light sleeper. So when Randolph got up, the boy rolled over watching him leave the room. When he was away taking a shower and cooking, Keegen went to work on cleaning up what he could in the boy's room. Unsure of what to do about himself after that without instruction, he laid back down closing his eyes lightly, so when Randolph came to wake him his eyes opened right away free of sleep,

"Good morning," He responded sitting up with a slight nod, "Yes, I could eat, thanks."

Randolph smiled. "Ok awesome food is waiting." he said nodding and leading the way down the stairs. He sat down in front of his plate smiling. It wasn't much but cooking had become one of randolph's favorite things to do.

Gen got off the couch and followed after Randolph already getting a feel for his enormous home, the trick was making landmarks ones that could not altogether change much. He sat in his seat, smiling at the plate in front of him. It may seem simple but to Keegen it was appreciated and he let that be known by a soft smile on his lips,

"Thank you." The slave began to eat steadily taking in the flavor.

"Your welcome." Randolph replied beginning to eat. He had made sure there was enough for his father and so he wouldn't be hurting or scaring him today. Or well this morning. He was slightly tense but a smile was still on his lips so he tried to relax and just enjoy what he had right now.

Keegen ate silently still not used to all this change especially since Randolph did not act like a master, none he knew anyways, "What am I to do today?" He asked out of habit. Thinking surely Randolph had work for him at least right? This house was huge.

Randolph shrugged. "Whatever you want. I have to do some stuff, but you well you can wash the dishes if you want. I don't know." he said drinking some orange juice.

Keegen sort of just stared at Randolph not knowing how to digest this, just do the dishes? Was that really all? Just that? Honestly? "Are you sure? I... much rather help you out....I don't really have any other plans or things to do..." The boy admitted knowing it sounded pathetic but he really had no time to develop hobbies. He just went to school and even that he had given up last year at sixteen to try and help his dumb dad get out of fixes.

Randolph nodded. "Taht's all. You can watch some movies or something." he said placing his plate in the sink and cup. "I just don't know." He sighed and looked at him. "So I'll be back at well one or two. You can do whatever and injoy yourself. If dad asks his food is in the microwave and what's left of his beer is in the fridge."

Keegen looked back at Randolph as he basically told him to relax and watch movies, laze around while he worked....or did something....this did not sit to well with the raven haired boy, he stood nodding to the instructions about the man's meal, "Yes, I will be sure to relay if he ask but...Mas- I mean Randolph....I would rather help you instead....please?" He really just had no idea to function on his own. Yet he saw the free pass the younger had given him to explore if he denided his help again.

Randolph shook his head. "Some other time Gen." he said then he left. He started walking to down town where his dad liked to pick up his beer and anything else he needed for his poker stuff. Once he got that he bought some flowers and walked down to the graveyard and over to his mom's grave. He knelt and placed the flowers on the tomb, brushing away the leaves and other debris from it as well. Once done he sat cross-legged beside the grave and stared down at it. "Hey mom."

Keegen sighed softly not really the type to argue with anyone, he nodded and went to do the dishes cleaning them spotless and even drying them and putting them away learning the lay out of the kitchen. After some wondering, he found a broom and a swifter jet mop and went to work on cleaning the floor after he wiped off the counters, stove and table. Feeling a little more usuful, he wondered ino Randolph room to clean there a bit making the youngers bed and dusting and finally vaccuming. He than sat on the bed in thought and quietly listened for any signs of Randolph's father, he idly fiddled with his dreadlocks a smile coming to his lips,

"He called me, Gen."

Randolph had to blink back the tears. They were always there mainly because he missed his mom even though her memory and image were fading from his memory. He lay back in the dirt not caring if anything was dirty. He let his tears fall quiet as always. "Dad's gotten worse since the last time I talked to you. Do you remember Keggen my friend? Yeah well he's my slave now. That's some sort of joke to him. I don't want as my slave but as my friend. I don't get what he wants me to do with him. Whatever it is He can just forget about it cuz I'm not." He sat up and rubbed at his eyes again. "I'm worried though about Gen. Last night I woke up and he wasn't there and Dad was screaming at me about him. I don't know where he was but I'm worried either him or I will get hurt or both."

Keegen heard the heavy feet of the man moving around seeming like he was in the kitchen or near it. Figuring the man would eat and go to his 'man cave'. Keegen got determind to find out more about this awful man. Sneaking from the room, he snuck his way back into the man's quarters making a face, it looked even worse in the day time. Making sure to keep alert he began to snoop around.

Johnathan searched the kitchen not finding his food. He yelled up the stairs not hearing a scared reply he stormed up them and found that his son wasn't there. He turned around and stormed down the short hall looking in different rooms. He reached his bedroom. He swore about Randolph not making enough for him or something as he stepped back in.

Keegen got immersed in what he was doing finding a few papers with some information he tried to commit it to memory. He had not done a good job with keeping an ear out because only when her heard randolph's name in a swear did he flinch back into reality hurriedly placing the papers back and back away from the draw widely looking around for an escape beforee swallowing trying to calm down and decided to do his best at playing the fool. Taking a very deep breath, he schooled his expression, stepping into view giving a bow, "Randolph went out a little while ago sir, he said your breakfast was in the mircowave and beer in the fridge." He told before continuing, "I was just cleaning up, sir. " He motioned innocently to the waste basket with some beer bottles he had picked up from the floor.

Johnathan saw the boy and his eyes grew tiny in his head. "Oh he went out did he? Without taking you?" a sneer spread across his face. "Well I'll have to talk to him about that won't I?" a smile spread across his face. "Now what to do with you? It doesn't matter if you were "Cleaning" your still in my room." He smiled as an idea dawned on him. "Randolph is going to deal with you." he smiled as he thought about it.

Keegen kept his face clear of fear as the man looked at him like that, yet when he mentioned Randolph, Gen could not help but looked concerned at the man, "I....I believe it was somewhere he had to go alone sir...." He spoke quietly an uneasiness coming over him as now Randolph seemed to in trouble and the man was smiling about it, not having a comeback for being in his room, Keegen fixed his eyes on the ground, "Sir, please, it was my doing, I only wanted to serve and help, please sir, I am the one at fault not him."

"Probably seeing his mommy." he muttered. He had loved his wife before the alcohol took over now he just wished that Randolph would stop goig to see her every damn month. "Listen I don't care! You find him and tell him to get his ass back here now! Look in the graveyard. You'll find him sobbing his eyes out! Go!" he ordered he knew that the slave would listen it was a direct order.

Randolph talked to his mom for a while before he started back. When Johnathan had sent Keegen after him he was halfway home and a light smile was on his lips.

Keegen has surmised that Randolph's mom was away or divorsed or even dead by his reactions to her profile hanging on the wall yesterday, but even if not surprised it was still sad. When he was given the order, he nodded even if he did not want too, "Yes sir." He issued lowly before hurrying out of the home. He slowed his pace to a trudge. I could just run away, right here, right now. But he shook his head at that rebellious thought, he would not leave Randolph.

He saw the caramel brown haired boy about half way home, he walked over to him unable to keep his eyes on him due to his growing guilt, he stopped a few feet away, he shook his head silently for a moment, "I'm sorry." Gen swallowed, "Your father wants you back, I'm sorry, its all my fault."

Randolph froze dead in his tracks. His gray orbs were huge. "What-what did you do Keegen?" He looked into his eyes his fear causing him to step back not forward. "I--I what did you do?"

Keegen flicked his eyes away pushing down a whimper that wanted to come out, "I....." He sighed heavily, "I went into his room and he caugtht me, I....was there last night." He confessed. Not even trying to lie by saying he was cleaning, "He might come looking, Iif we don't go back, it, its not your fault...." He declared but knew that hardly meant anything as they walked.

Back
Top Bottom