Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Breaking The Habit (Sencreeya and Kuziya)

Randolph looked up. "He's always like that! He doesn't give a damn if I'm alive or dead! All he cares about is his food, and his stupid gambling!" He buried his face in the cushions and his shoulders shook silently. Then he jumped up. "Come I need to get out of here for a while or I'm going to burn this house down!" he knew it was an empty threat, but right now he didn't trust himself right now. Putting on his shoes he opened the door and went downstairs opening the door and running out into the cool evening air.

As randolph took off running now not caring if Keegen was following him or not his mind flashed back to his statement. What if he did run away? Maybe he could he didn't know. Then the thoughts of doubt entered his mind and he knew that he had nowhere to go, but still... He couldn't take living there anymore. He was bullied only by his father and he just couldn't take it anymore. It was never like this when Mom was alive.

Randolph spun around suddenly his grip landing on a branch. He stared was this a reality then? Could he do this? He started walking and finally sank down on a bench. He looked out over a like and sighed. He didn't know now that the anger was starting to fade. Where would he go anyway? It was hard out on the streets. So there wasn't anywhere he could go! He sighed and leaned back. For now he would stay here and calm down before he made any rash decisions.

Gen stared at the ground not knowing if Randolph would care later that he saw him cry so he did not watch, but did not completely turn away just in case, he wanted something. He listened again as the boy burst out how unhappy he was and how his dad was, "Believe it or not, I can relate, my dad is the same, only....I am his gambling chip and he often loses so he sells me to make up for it, that is why I am here now." Keegen became alert when Randolph sprang up saying he needed to get out before he set fire to this place telling Keegen to come, understanding the order he ran right after the fleeing boy. Keegen was pretty quick but as he ran the food that he had forced himself to eat earlier on churned in his stomach violently not liking the fast paced moment. Slowing, but still following, he found Randolph on a bench with a lakeside view.

He approached quietly and stood behind the bench but on the other side of Randolph, "Does this help calm you?" He asked softly and unsure before thrusting his hands deep inside his pockets and looking onward, "Sometimes when things get really bad.....I climb up into trees, I go as far as I can up into them....because I feel if I can get as far as I possible can away from the ground, and when I look around all I can see is tree branches, leaves and the sky....it makes me think, maybe I escape this earth for awhile and I can relax." He than winced realizing how much he was speaking out of term, "I'm sorry, Mas- I mean Randolph." Than the seventeen year old winced again placing a hand to his stomach and giving an inward groan.

Randolph looked up jerked back to the present. He nodded. "Yeah it is. I go here a lot actually." he listened to Keegen talk about the trees then groaned. "I could never do that! I can't even climb one so I chose to stay here away from him where he can't find me!" A smile lifted his features for a second before Randolph tossed a rock into the depths of the waters.

Keegen nodding understanding needing a distance and an escape from people and their crap of a reality that they dealt out for you. He found is dark orbs on Randolph as he groaned he could not climb a tree, boy was he missing out on something special or at least the dark skinned boy thought so, "I could teach you." He offered after hesitating, "It's all about balance and gauging and I won't let you fall." He moved around the bench to bend and scooped up a few pebbles tossing them into the lake only his skipped acrossed the water a few times before sinking.

Randolph thought about it for a couple of minutes. "Maybe." he said doubtfully. "I'm not that balanced. I mean well sometimes I am, but I still might fall." his right hand rubbed absently at his arm as he stared into the water.

Keegen tossed his second pebble into the water as it skipped eight paces before sinking, he was pretty good at it, it being one of the good memories he had of his dad, he was the one who taught him out to angle his hand and wrist just right to make it skip, "Okay, if you ever want to try, I'm but again, I won't let you fall." Gen was not the type to push people because he knew what it was like to be forcefully pushed into things against your very will, he winced again as his throat made a strange sound along with a warm gush of unpleasnet things before he dropped the last pebble and rushed over to the bench and turned away just as the vomit came spewing out of his mouth.

Randolph looked up in surprise. He rose worried about his friend. "Are-are you ok?" he asked walking over to place a comforting hand on Keegen's back.

When the hand was placed on his back, Keegen flinched a reaction that he had when not expected to be touched, he coughed a few times his throat on a sour burning fire to it, a head was nodded to the question that he was okay, "I'm sorry, I did not mean too." He wiped the back of his mouth with his hand than went to the water to swish it around and bring some water to his lips to ease his throat.

Randolph shrugged. "Dude forget about the apology! You just took me off guard for a bit is all." He studied the boy trying to make sure he was fine before walking back home.

Keegen saw that he was leaving and followed behind Randolph than catching up to his side a bit, he looked around the neighborhood a bit knowing the two of them did not live that far apart. "Thank you, Randolph you have been very kind."

"Your welcome. You are still my friend after all." he said grinning. He stepped back into the house and heard the rough voices of drunk men playing their money away. He beckoned to Keegen and hurried upstais then breathing a sigh of relief. He closed and locked the door then grinned. "Ha now no one can get in."

Keegen could also here the slurred and loud laughter of the men as they walked by his dark ebony eyes looking keenly at the door but lost the look as he followed dutifully behind Randolph hurrying along. I guess this is where I will find most of the secrets..... Maybe he could sneak down whenever that man went to bed.....maybe. He leaned against the wall as Randolph locked the door, "Yeah, safe and sound." He grinned quoting another song since he knew the boy loved music.

Randolph grinned too catching onto the song. He dropped to the couch and sighed. It was kind of late and he wondered where Keegen was going to sleep? He glanced around worried about everything right now. He bit his lip deep in thought his eyes sliding between the bed and the couch.

Keegen kept his place leaning against the wall and than moved it to Keegen seeing his eyes clouded over with thoughts as they shifted, the boy took a shot at one of the things that might be worrying his new master no er friend..... "I can take the couch, like I did before when staying over, its fine." He went to assure.

"Um well are you sure?" Randolph asked still biting his lip, He got up and sat on the bed grinning. "Well if your sure?" He pulled the extra blankets out and gave them to Keegen. He sighed then still thinking it over he sat down then lay back on the bed.

"I am perfectly sure," He answered and slipped off his shoes slowly making his way over to the couch and sitting, he laughed a bit shaking his head yes, "I am sure, promise, don't be so worried." Keegen assured reaching over for the blanket and taking it wrapping it around his shoulders for now and laying down, "Thank you, are you tired?" He asked looking at the clock it was late.

"Yeah I am." Randolph said yawning. "If you want anything just you know get it." He shrugged. He turned on his side yawning and closing his eyes. He fell asleep wanting to escape into his dreams.

Keegen nodded but realized the room was too dark for the boy to see, "Alright, if you say so." Since he got permission he was more at ease in his plan but still unsure. Should he? The faster he found out something to corrupt that awful man, the faster he could get out of here.... and....he did not know, something take Randolph away too, he would not just leave him behind not after experiencing such kindness when he was literally at the boys mercy. However, the boy moaned softly clinching his stomach a bit as it still hurt and felt a bit weird. After about an hour he heard the even breathing of his friend, getting up, he snuck out of the room and started prowling around the halls looking for the door that led to Randolph's father.

The man was downstairs drinking and gambling. He was currently winning raking in the cash. His laughter reached the hall as he slurped up more beer.

OOC: As Keegen goes on his little adventure, can I have a layout of the basement and maybe the other off limit rooms? He might not find anything yet, but just for reference :).

Keegen heard the gruff and drunken laughter as he made his way along the mansion like house, he first went looking for the door off limits that seemed like a bedroom which he thought would be the man's bedroom, a good place to start looking since the man was not in it at the time.

OOC ok so the bedroom he's in is not that big. I mean it's the master, but it's quite small. There's the bed in the corner underneath the window the dresser is beside it followed by the nightstand and the closet is scene right when you walk into the room. I guess I should go to the basement next.

So the basement is big there's a poker table in the middle with probably chips or bottles on the table. People would of course be surrounding it with pizza boxes or plates surrounding them. There's several couches maybe for Randolph's dad to sleep if he can't make it upstairs.

Randolph was sleeping and he didn't know that Keegen was not there. His father was just tossing a bottle to the side as the cards were shuffled and the chips were gathered again.

Keegen picked the lock with skill another thing his father had taught him that was worth while. He entered seeing the outline of the room and snuck in without turning on the light afraid it might trigger some sort of alarm not knowing how advance or secure there security was. He felt along the wall tripping up but not falling over some clothing on the floor, the room smelled odd clearly the man was not clean, I need a flash light where is that small one? He asked silently feeling around the inside of his pants were he kept things clipped to little hooks he put there, bringing out a truly small flashlight, he turned it on, it gave a small blue light instead of yellow or white he shinned it around beginning to explore.

OOC: Okay thanks!

OOC your welcome. There really isn't any other rooms to explain.

Downstairs Randolph's dad cleared the boxes going upstairs tossing them in the sink. He went upstairs and opened his son't door and storming in. He was asleep curled up the blankets covering him. His bloodshot eyes went around the room and saw that his slave was not there. "Randolph wake up!" The boy jerked upright.
"Yes sir?"
"Where is your slave?"
"I...I don't know." Randolph said panic in his voice.

Keegen flashed the light around getting a layout of the room so next time he would not need it, he had very good memorization skills when it came to layouts an maps with a sort of defeated sigh, he turned it off and snuck back out the room re-locking it. I should have known that it would not be this easy....well next time I will start here He made his way back up to Randolph's room but stopped when he heard and smelt the man asking where he was and Randolph replying he did not know his voice sounding frantic, stepping into the doorway he called, "I am here, sir," He moved more into the room keeping his head respectfully bowed, "I'm sorry master, I went to the bathroom and did not wish to wake you."

Randolph's tense body relaxed. He knew of course that he wasn
't, but he was glad that he had said that. The man glared at his son before whirling around and looking at Keegen. "I want you to tell him where your going understand?" he asked, but behind him Randolph was shaking his head. Telling Keegen not to listen. He didn't need to know where he was going.

Back
Top Bottom