Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Alexander House, The Cognitive Era (Stonetribe X Sencreeya)

Stonebones

Star
This story starts like many other stories. It starts with a man. This man's name was Fendrel Alexander.

Fendrel lived a simple life. He was a mere farmhand who worked the fields and made just enough to get by, unaware of his extraordinary fate. One night, on his way walking home through the woods, he encountered a group of bandits assaulting an old man. Without thinking, he rushed to his aid, and whilst sustaining moderate injures, managed to fend them off. The old man in question claimed to be a wizard, and insisted that Alexander follow him back to his cottage nearby so that he may reward his heroic deed. Against his better judgment, Fendrel agreed. Upon arrival, the old hermit asked that he wait outside for a moment before retreating into the small hut. When he returned, he held a young man, around the age of twenty asleep in his arms. He gently laid the boy on the forest floor and spoke. "Care for this young man, who lies asleep eternal, and in return, you will be awarded wealth and fortune." Fendrel, now fully convinced that this was a waste of time, placed his hand on his head and closed his eyes in frustration. But when he opened his eyes once more, the old man, as well as the cottage that stood before him, had vanished! All that remained was him and the young man, whom was still asleep. His frustration now turned bewilderment, Fendrel was now questioning if any of this was actually real. Be it dream or reality, he knew he couldn't leave the boy out here in the forest. Though difficult with his wounds, he carried him all the way back to his own home. After placing him in a makeshift bed, he almost immediately fell asleep himself, far too exhausted to care or worry about anything else.

Upon waking up the next morning, the boy was still there, right where he had left him. What wasn't still there, however, were his wounds. They appeared to heal, as if by magic, over night! He had feared that he wouldn't be able to work for at least a few weeks due to his injures, which would leave food to be an issue of it's own. He glanced at the still slumbering boy, beginning to second guess his suspicions last night. Come a few months later, the farm he worked at started yielding increasingly abundant and excellent crops, resulting in a drastic increase to his income. These were only the first few of many fortunate miracles bestowed upon Fendrel...

Many generations later, Alexander House is among the most wealthy, powerful, and renowned bloodlines across the kingdom. The above story is something of a myth to how this noble family came to be. To outsiders, it is simply a legend and nothing more. However, no one but the Alexander family and their closest allies and advisers know that this legend is no such thing, but true history. To this day, the young man, now given the name Sebastian Alexander, slumbers in his own special room, cared for by Fendrel's now countless descendants who, just as he had, received continued fortune and wealth.

Among the Alexanders, it had become tradition that the heir to the family name become the personal care taker to the young man until he or she produces a heir of his or her own.

This is where our story really begins...

Marcella Quinn Alexander was the current heiress of our tale, and like many before her have seen the magical powers the sleeping form had brought in tides and waves. It was a mystery she could not wrap her mind around even as she knew it to be true. Unlike most in her family line, the eighteen year old had become rather close to the male, she cared for him herself, with knew servant help. She had no qualms for this, felt no burden, it was honestly her favorite parts of the day.

A plain dress hung off her shoulders lightly as she carried a tray. She set it down carefully on the night stand next to the bed which the male laid upon. It was a brilliant sized room and fit for the best comfort. "Hey there, its me again, I know its not the usual time, but I got a bit..well bored by myself and thought you might be too." Marcella knew this was all a one sided conversation as she sat brushing dark strands of hair back a bit, most of it was tight up in an elegant way a few truffles hung from the sides an a sweep of bangs on her forehead, "I hope you don't mind that I brought a snack..." She continued to speak and reached towards the tray and eating a few bites of the fruit.

As her lips chewed her eyes fell on the sleeping face, the honey brown orbs widened a tad, "Hey you are a tad sweaty hang on," She rose and went over getting a wet cloth from the basin and returning bending over lightly to wipe away the sweat gather ever so lightly on his pale forehead brushing back blonde bangs to do so, "There you go....." A sigh left her throat as she let the bangs fall back into place, "I don't know anything about you, I don't even know if you wanted me to do that,." She uttered stepping back to sit once more.

At that very moment, something happened. Something that had not happened for all the many, many generations that Sebastian had been cared for by the Alexander bloodline. For all anyone knows, it may have never happened in the past at all. But right there on that day, it happened. Sebastian woke up. Gradually, his eyes opened, blinking a few times in the process. He sat up, slowly and silently, removing the covers and getting out of bed. All this happened without Marcella noticing, but not for long. He placed his hand upon her shoulder and for the first time in centuries, spoke. "What would you like to know about me Marcella?"

Marcella had been turned away as Sebastion had risen from his slumber after countless of years asleep. She was humming lightly still thinking of the boy and the charm his sleep brought to them. If anything, she hoped he had peaceful dreams as he slept, nightmares just would not suit him, but he always look quite peaceful so it seemed his dreams were free and joyful.

Marcella heard a bit of russling and thought she would close the windows a bit before the wind picked up and got to cold. A hand fell upon her shoulder and at first the young heiress took no alarm thinking it was a servant they moved with purpose and silence most days,

"What would I like....?" Her voice caught in confussion as she turned looking into an awake face of Sebastian himself.....

"Nin...nm.....neh." The incoherent noises left her as her now hugely wide honey brown eyes roamed his face, she felt herself sway a bit, legs even buckling lightly, "Oh no, going to do the passing out....thing." This warning was soft and slowly out her mouth coated in disbelief before she closed her eyes and fell forward.

Sebastian quickly reacted to catch Marcella before she fell on the floor. He was a bit concerned by her response, wondering if it was something he did or if she was not feeling well. Carefully, he lifted her up and placed her atop his bed, making her the second person to have ever occupied it. Once he did, he curiously looked around the room, wondering where he and Marcella were. For as long as he could remember, he had never set eyes on this place. Come to think of it, he didn't remember ever seeing anything at all. He briefly started to ponder this mystery. Well he would have, but just as quickly as it came to his mind, it left as he took notice of the exquisite details and patterns on the rug and wall paper. He sat on the bed, right next to Marcella, as he lost himself appreciating all the fine are that surrounded him.

"Nuhm, What....what...." The young woman breathed out slowly as she opned her eyes again and slowly maybe even cautiously, she rose to sit up, her palms flat with withstand her balance. She just stared wide eyed at the blond who was immersed in the mere decor of the room. Marcella looked so confused, bewildered even, but it was real.....right? Slowly she tempted caution by reaching out fingertips tapping lightly onto the male's right shoulder, "You....." Are awake her mind finished where her voice collapsed from shock. Her head shook, "This....is reversed, us, I and you...." Marcella pointed out before closing her eyes and breathing a bit more, "Your awake...." She finally manged out her lips.

Sebastian didn't notice Marcella getting up until she tapped his shoulder, pulling his attention away from the carpet and wall paper. He turned his head and smiled warmly. "Oh, you're awake." He said. "Are you feeling alright? You were out for about ten minutes." Sebastian was completely unaware of how very phenomenally his waking up was. "Are you ill?" He asked. He closed his eyes and gently put his hands on Marcella's shoulders, not much thinking anything about her personal space. He then brought his forehead up to hers, taking her temperature. After a few seconds, he pulled away and opened his eyes. "You don't seem to have a fever, so that's good." He smiled again just as warmly as before, happy that Marcella was in good health. "I'm sorry, could it be that I startled you?"

Marcella just sort of stared at Sebastian as he greeted her and asked if she was alright telling her that she was out for ten minutes. Why was he not....more...more concerned? At least questioning? She did manage however to give a nod to his question all thought it was slow and she seemed more focused on him. Her head swayed lightly from side to side as the male asked if she was ill, no, but was he? Not to realize that he woke up from years upon years of sleep to not even remotely be......wait, that must mean? Could it? That Sebastian did not know....?

"Ah....uh." These noises came after the blond's forehead was pressed to hers, Marcella had been in such thoughts of her own, she had not notice his actions till they were forehead to forehead, she was wide eyed and her cheeks did flush a bit pink from the evasion of space and not quite knowing how to take this.

When he let go, she still stood a bit tensely before taking a breath and relaxing her shoulders to consider Sebastian a bit more,

"Y-yes you did startle me a good deal, but only because.....well your not supposed to wake up, in fact, Sebastian, you have been asleep for many many years." The girl took her time getting through the sentence pausing to gauge reactions before finishing up.

Sebastian's mouth formed an "O" shape as Marcella explained to him what had happened. "My apologies Marcella, I did not mean to surprise you." Then he listened as she told him that was never supposed to actually wake up from his slumber and that he had been asleep for countless moons. He tilted his head and spoke. "Is that so? Hmm, I wonder why that is." Interestingly enough, Sebastian did not delve deeper into what to most would be an enigma. Instead, he merely turned his attention back to the patterns laid out on the wall. "Isn't the decor in this room lovely? I very much like it. Would you by chance behind all this art Marcella?"

Marcella waited for Sebastian to barge her with many confused questions to freak out a bit, to even have his turn to faint.... None of this came however. Nothing like it, just a bit of surprise an apology that was it. Marcella was pretty floored by the little response, her mouth hung open for a moment before she remembered herself and closed it. Yet her eyes and featured still held a visible and rapid disbelief.

Her mind swimmed around thoughts trying to make sense of it, she finally came to the conclusion that he had not yet processed such a thing and it would take a bit till he finally proceed it. Nodding to herself, the young woman moved closer to the male with a light smile,

"I did not, but its very pretty yes? This room, home has been in my family for generations." She explained. Marcella was determined to help Sebastian as much as she could through all this and even though it was still overwhelming to have the blond standing next to her, when this girl had her mind settled on something it stayed so.

"I could give you a tour, but oh....your awake." Herb mind went back to this thought because it was just so new....and how would she alert everyone else of this factor?

Sebastian was still a bit concerned for Marcella, for she still seemed a bit awestruck. He glanced at Marcella as she answered his question, now seeming to have regained her composure. "Is that so?" He said. "Is the rest of the house as well decorated as this room? What a fortunate family you must have."

His face beamed at her offer to tour the rest of the building, too pleased to notice the uncertainty she ended her statement with. "Would you?" He exclaimed. "Oh that would be splendid! Thank you Marcella. I do so enjoy the time we spend together." He got up and embraced her in a gentle hug, once again disregarding her personal space.

Sebastian was quite content at the moment, however, something was off. Subconsciously, he wondered two things. "Why do I know this girl's name? And why do I know I've spent time with her before?" Sebastian was unaware of the internal conflicts of his mind though. The only thing that mattered to him right now was taking a tour of the house with Marcella.

Marcella was still trying to wrap this all into reality when it all seemed so bizarre for Sebastian to be awake, walking, and chattering more than just talking and more so, he was completely oblivious to the fact that it was so odd. Yet when the blonde got all excited about a tour, Marcella smile softly, “Yes, it is just a gorgeous as this one.” Marcella had grown up here so she did know the home was huge and brilliant but did not see things exactly as exciting and intriguing as Sebastian seemed too, it was all just ever day seeing for her yet that did not make her ungrateful.

Another soft gasp fled her lips as the male just up and hugged her, she even tensed her shoulders for a few seconds before breathing and relaxing even bringing her hands up to his back and pressing them lightly there to hug back. She let a gentle breath come again before the girl lightly smiled, “You are very simple in what makes you happy.” She muttered in observation. The burette did not even know how to begin to tell Sebastian that all this wealth was his doing. “Shall we go? There is much to see.” This was asked as the girl broke the hug although with a smile to the newcomer of the wake world.

Sebastian was happy to hear that the rest of the house was as extravagant as the room they were in right now. He was very much looking forward to seeing it all with Marcella. He paused for a bit in thought, considering her comment. "Yes" He said with a smile. "I'm not a very difficult person to please" This was true. Though Sebastian had been sleeping for such a long time, he had a kind and warm heart. Even the smallest perk would bring an endearing smile to his face. When Marcella asked him if he was ready, he nodded his head in response. "Yes please. Where will we go first?"

Marcella could not help but smile back at the confirmation of her observation of Sebastian, it was how he said it without even a pinch of arrogance it was just stated so blissfully, and how could one not smile? Marcella thought she was quite right to spend her time with the sleeping male all this time, his aura had been true the thing that drew him to her to come and sit in the very first place.

“That is wonderful, I like a person who is easy to please, come, and we shall start in the halls that lead to the lovely sitting area, one of my favorites actually than either out to the gardens or in to the….” She paused a moment a thought occurring to her and it was evident on her face, “Or shall we get you something to eat? Or perhaps…..” She look at Sebastian uncertain and stunted between her thoughts.

Sebastian closed his eyes and playfully tilted his head with a grin and small chuckle at her remark. Truth be told, there was very little that Marcella could do that wouldn't please him. The many, many hours that she had spent with him had nearly all but convinced Sebastian that she was a perfect girl. Though he had not required much of any sustenance during his thousand years of slumber, now that he was awake, he was indeed rather hungry, and her mention of food had brought that fact to his attention. "Oh." He said. "Something to eat sounds pretty nice actually. Should we mayhaps start our tour in the kitchen?"

Marcella found a giggle leaving her lips at the expression Sebastian took on his features he had always been a fine looking young man with those wispy locks of blonde yet it was so pleasing to see his eyes open and alive. Her own caramel orbs meet into those eyes as he spoke asking if they could start in the kitchen, "Of course we can, come, we will make our way there now." She than started walking and gazed at the man out the corner of her eyes as they walked it was still quite a shock to see him moving! The girl pressed a finger to the bottom of her lips in thought, "Sebastian, do you happen to have a favorite food, that you may remember?" She crossed her down at the wrist as she asked thinking she could treat the newcomer to his favorite meal as his first one in such a long, long time.

Sebastian smiled and nodded his head in confirmation when Marcella agreed to head to the kitchen. "Splendid." He replied. "You always treat me so well Marcella." As they were walking, he too took a moment to examine his company, albeit a little less subtly. Marcella was indeed a very attractive girl. The way she did up her hair was certainly Sebastian's favorite trait. "A favorite food?" He repeated. "No, I don't believe I recall anything of the sort..." The boy pondered for a moment, before replying. "What about you? What's your favorite dish?"

Marcella kept up their walk through the grand estate towards the kitchens. Of course the family had cooks who would cook up something in a timely manner so the girl wanted to put the order in than maybe show Sebastian a place or two while they waited. Her light brown orbs looked at him as he looked at her, she shifted a bit uncertain why he was staring like that....he was very.....open in everything that he did that was for sure, flushing a bit and clearing her throat, she was about to ask but than he spoke that he did not have a favorite food asking what hers was, "Oh," She muttered finding that quite sad seeing that he had been asleep so long, "Well, my favorite food is the roasted wing of chickens with garlic roasted potatoes and and green beans." The girl listed off before adding, "Oh and a cool glass of lemonade to go right along next to the water of course."

Back
Top Bottom