Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Worst Kind of Criminal (Nowfaleena + myself)

The worst kind of criminal, or so Ritchie most often thought, were the ones who didn't make it easy for you to catch them. This was especially so with the case he had been assigned, one with no leads, no suspects, just a thief who was extremely talented at what he or she did. This was the thought that kept passing through his mind as he rubbed his fingers over his eyes tiredly while he sat at his desk. Constantly pouring over minute details, he kept trying to find something in pictures, notes, videos, anything that could point him in the right direction for bringing some kind of closure to the chase. All they had was the name they had given the felon, "Phantom."

Even after being a cop for nearly sixteen years, Ritchie was at a loss. He had succeeded on many cases before, and it was for those reasons he had been assigned this one as his first upon reaching the rank of Staff Sergeant, and he was asked to dedicate his full attention to it. He had broad shoulders on which to hold the expectations of his success, but the professionalism this criminal showed was getting to be a little over bearing. Standing up slowly he would stretch out his strained muscles, running fingers through short dark blond hair that was starting to show the first traces of gray. Drawing in a deep sigh, he started off for the coffee machine in the anticipation this was going to be a very long night.

If only the cops knew that so called menace that was terrorizing the city was just in fact a young woman of twenty years. A pretty young woman at that, she had ivory skin that looked like it would be soft and smooth to the touch, lustrous long black hair, beautiful blue eyes, arched brows, plump lips, and a face without any blemishes. She really had a striking face, and an even more striking body. She was slender and had curves in all the right places, her breasts round and firm, her waist was slender but not unnaturally so, and her hips were delicate. And yet despite her looks no one had ever seemed to be able to remember her near the crime scene. She had no criminal record and she had never been caught. Until now that is.

The 'Phantom' had just struck again, she had successfully robbed another jewel store and had started to sneak away from the building, doing her best not to draw any undue attention to herself, acting as natural as possible. She knew that it wouldn't be long before the cops arrived, and she wanted to be as far away from the scene as she could possibly be before that happened. But as she was walking away from the crime scene that night she stumbled, twisting her ankle. A soft curse escaped her lips as she struggled to stand back up, wincing as the pain coursed through her body. She couldn't let this slow her down, but she knew that it would. She just hoped that she would get away in time before the first cop showed up, she didn't want to be caught. Not like this.

The call had gone out to the police department quickly, thanks in part to the paranoia of most jewelery store owners, and modern technology. Ritchie would assume the worst and that his particular annoyance had made their next move, and he rushed back to his desk to snag his jacket and fly out the door, running to his unmarked police cruiser and heading at at top speed along with a small detachment of uniformed officers.

To catch a criminal however, one often had to think like a criminal, so as they approached the store, Ritchie had decided to detach from the main group, and see what luck he could find in the surrounding area concerning scared witnesses who had fled the scene, or at least a trace of the criminal. That was when he saw a girl stumbling away from the direction of the shop, and though not especially suspect on its own, he wasn't taking any chances.

Pulling the car up to pass along side her, he would roll down the window and speak, "Excuse me, miss? You wouldn't have happened to be anywhere near that little jewelery store within the past ten minutes would you? And what did you go and do to yourself?" He asked, deciding to be polite for the moment to get as much cooperation as possible.

Phantom was limping down the street, her movement becoming more frantic as she heard a bunch of cars head toward the jewelry store. It had to be the cops, they had arrived sooner than she had expected. She had just finished hiding the jewels when the car had pulled up. She hadn't even heard the car until it was nearly next to her and the person inside started to talk to her. The woman looked up at the man in the car, cursing to herself in her head. Shit. A cop, this was defiantly not good. Not good at all. But she still could get out of this mess, it all depended on how well she lied. And if the man would even believe her lies of course. She couldn't get caught now, not now, not when she had pulled off another crime. She had only made one stupid mistake, she prayed that mistake didn't end up costing her more then her twisted ankle.

“I was near the store actually, though I don't know why that really matters.” Phantom said, it was the truth after all, so maybe he would believe the rest of she said. “And as too what I did to myself I am assuming that you are talking about why I am limping. I was minding my own business when I was rudely shoved to the side, trying to keep my balance, I stumbled and ended up falling down, twisting my poor little ankle. I wish I had caught a glimpse of the brute that shoved me, but sadly all I saw was their back.” The young woman said, keeping her voice as calm and as truthful sounding as she could. She could only know wait to see if the cop had bought her act.

He had. Somewhat. "Well, that's absolutely terrible there miss. Here, come sit on the hood of the car, I'll take a look at it." He said, wanting to take care of a possibly broken ankle if it might be so bad. Plus, she had made the mistake of saying she was near the store, and that it she didn't know why it really mattered. Jewelery robberies were rarely ever quiet affairs, so she still might have some information, and a little good will might go a long way to getting it.

Speeding up a bit to put the car somewhat ahead of her, he would get out and do up his jacket, himself being in plain clothes as he walked around to the front of the car. "Take a seat here miss, we'll take a look." He reaffirmed as he scratched a small itch in his light blond goatee.

Shit. This was not going well. Instead of letting her walk away he had wanted to examine her leg. If she refused it would make her look suspicious, but at the same time if she allowed him to look at her leg he may end up finding more then a twisted ankle. He may find the jewels that she had hidden on her. He may discover that she was the Phantom. She was in a very bad position. But one choice seemed to be better then then the other, and that was to at go along with what he had asked, at least for the moment.

“Well if you insist sir. Then I guess I won't refuse your kindness.” The woman said as she hobbled over to the front of the car, wincing each time her injured leg touched the ground. “I am pretty sure that it isn't broken, or else I doubt that I would be able to even move.” She pushed herself up onto the hood of the mans car, sitting down down as carefully as possible. And while she appeared calm on the outside, on the inside she was a jumble of nerves, her heart was beating fast against her chest as she prayed silently that he wouldn't find the jewels that were hidden down her bra.

As she sat herself down onto the hood of his cruiser, he would kneel a bit to ride up the leg of her pant a bit, and slowly take off her shoe, one hand supporting her ankle so the pain wouldn't be too extensive. "You never know, the human body reacts to pain in pretty amazing ways when adrenaline is involved. I've seen men get shot three times and still keep going just because of it." He said, making conversation as he felt along her ankle for any breaks or other bone damage. His analysis however, just showed that she had twisted it, but in the back of his mind he couldn't complain for having a chance to feel up the leg of a rather beautiful young woman.

And it was with that thought in mind his police instincts caught up with him as he stood up, eyes quickly taking in her rather beautiful shape right down to her lovely...lumpy...breasts. Red sirens started going off immediately as his brain processed the obvious fact that she was hiding something rather inorganic in her bra. "Miss, what are you hiding in your bra? Don't say change or condoms because that is definitely not it." He answered, taking a small step backwards first to give her room, and second to make sure he could having a chance to predict any violence she might try and level against him.

“Really? That is very interesting, if not a bit on the scary side. It really must have been a sight to see.” The girl replied, her voice cracking in pain whenever he touched a sore spot on her ankle. She was trying to sound polite and as unsuspicious as she possible could. So far everything was going smoothly, he didn't appear to suspect her in the slightest. Then again what cop would? The phantom being a just a young woman, most of the cops would laugh at such an idea. And that was one of the reasons why she thought she would get away today. That was soon dashed.

As soon as she heard the word 'bra' leave the mans lips, she looked down, cursing at the slight lumps that were showing. But they were so small! How in the world had he noticed them? She cursed in her head as she desperately tried to think of a plausible lie, a lie that wouldn't get her caught. In the mean time though she quickly covered her breasts and did her best to act startled that he was looking at her bosom. “Why are you looking at my breasts?” She shrieked out, trying to sound scared, not to hard because she really was scared, but for another reason. Suddenly a thought hit her about a lie that she might be able to get away with. The woman raised a hand up to her neck and gasped. “Oh drat! My necklace broke! The pieces must have slipped into my bra, that must be why you think I am hiding something.”

"Well if those weren't some of the worst lies I've heard in my time..." he muttered a bit to himself, completely ignoring her attempt to draw him as a pervert of some kind for looking at her breasts. He was a guy, guys look at breasts, girls know that...it was a simple equation that would have answered her question immediately. Rolling up his sleeves a bit he would take another step backwards, fierce light blue eyes looking at hers.

"Alright girl, this is how this can work. One, I can place you under arrest, and do a search on you of suspicion on reasonable grounds that you were involved in the theft at the jewelery store. Or two, you can admit to your crime, forgo the handcuffs and show me what you're hiding and tell me what I want to hear. Clock is ticking chick, make your choice." He said as he folded his hands in front of him, taking a look at his watch while keeping his peripheral vision trained on her.

Fuck. He had been able to tell that she was lying, this was not good. Not good at all. She looked away from his fierce blue eyes, cursing under her breath. It seemed that her crimes were catching up to her and that her luck had just run out. She couldn't think of a lie that he would believe, she knew that once someone caught you lying making them believe that you are telling the truth right after was pretty much impossible. Phantom ran her fingers through her long black hair as she listened to her options, to either admit her crimes and give up, or to stand her ground and be caught as he searched her.

Well she had never been the kind to give up. Even when it was probably the best course of action. “Well then officer, I guess you should arrest me.” The woman said, her voice changing from being a woman scared of perverts to one that knew what was coming. The Phantom had finally been caught it seemed. She was finally going to be arrested and thrown into jail for her crimes. And while she was mad at herself and scared of the prospect of going to jail, she couldn't help but admire the men for being so observant.

"Easy enough miss. You're under arrest under suspicion on reasonable grounds of being part of several robberies. You have the right to remain silent, though a search will be conducted on your person to verify any claims of innocence." He stated plainly as he would reach out quickly and grab her wrist, pulling her off the hood of the car to turn her and bend her arm behind her back, which would naturally cause her to bend over back onto the sheet metal. Within a few quick moments he would have her bound in the cuffs (assuming all went well) and would have her turned around again, not giving her much of a moment for speech as his hands trailed along the outline of the bumps in her bra to sense what it was she was really hiding. Bingo, jewelery.

Undoing or removing her shirt enough to allow access, he would pull out a few of the pieces she had taken, placing them down on the hood of the car before proceeding with a proper pat down search of the rest of her body, especially her waistband and legs. While he was doing that, he was busy speaking a bit more, "Well well, the Phantom, a young girl looking at at least fifteen years of prison for several thefts over five thousand dollars, and with such a pretty body, the fate of being the preferred currency of the butch, women like things that run the inmate population. Sounds fun doesn't?" He said, before standing up once the search was finished.

"Or..I could make you a deal." He replied, crossing his arms over his chest again as he kept her in the handcuffs.

The woman let out a yelp of pain as he grabbed one of her slender wrists and pulled her off the hood of the car, landing painfully on her injured leg. The officer yanked her back up, bent her arm behind her back, and cuffed her without too much difficulty, she hadn't struggled much. As he turned her around to face him she stared at him with her blue eyes, not making a sound at all. That is not until he started to trail his hands around the lumps in her bra, and even then the only noise she made was a small whimper, her body quivered.

She started to squirm as he lifted up her top, revealing a dark blue bra with silver lace, her nipples hardened as the air touched her bare flesh, her skin prickling and forming small goosebumps. She felt his hand slide down into her bra and let out a snarl of rage, but then again he could have just decided to remove the whole thing and completely exposed her breasts. The woman was certainly glad that he hadn't done that. As the officer removed the jewels, she watched forlornly at each one that was taken out, almost as if it physically hurt her. When all the jewels were finally removed from her bra and he started to pat her down she felt her injured leg start to throb with pain, causing her to wobble unsteadily on her legs, how she managed to stay up was anyones guess. “Yeah yeah, you finally caught the Phantom and they just happen to be a young woman. Big whoop, you cops always seem to think that criminals are males, I just used that to my advantage. That men happen to think I look pretty made it only that much easier.” She said as he patted her down, though when she heard that she could spend up to fifteen years in prison, her blue eyes widened. “Fifteen years? Are you kidding me?! I have no previous record! I don't want to spend that long in jail!” The girl said in shock. Wait, did he said that she could make a deal with him? “What are you offering?”

"Frankly girl I couldn't care either way if the Phantom was a girl or not, I'm a cop, it's not my place to make assumptions. And I am not kidding you about fifteen years, for the amount you've stolen, that's a minimum." He replied, not getting on to the idea of a deal just yet, since his mind was still formulating exactly what he was going for.

"Yes, I can make you a deal. I'll take these jewels back to the store, and say that I never saw you, just found the jewels dumped, so it couldn't have been this mystical Phantom. In return, I'll pay you to put that criminal mind to work to help me solve other crimes. You can work out of my place." He responded, giving her a reasonable offer, "...or you can take your chances with the judicial system and get your rather beautiful body passed around like a favour in prison."

The woman shuddered at the thought of spending fifteen years stuck in prison, locked up behind bars. She didn't want that, she valued her freedom. Plus she doubted that she would be able to survive long in jail. Especially if it was a maximum security prison, she would be passed around like a bad case of the flu.

But to help a cop? That was unheard of! But really what choice did she have? If she didn't help him she would go to trial and spend a good portion of her life behind bars. “Well officer, you have got me in bind. If I don't help you then I will probably end up in jail. But helping a cop goes against everything I have ever done...I guess I am going to have to swallow my pride here. Fine I will help you out. Just do me a favor, and please pull down my shirt so my bra ain't showing, ok? It is kinda nippy out here.”

"You'd be surprised. You might find it more rewarding than you think. Besides, I'm becoming a criminal by helping you out, so I suppose we'll just have to meet in the middle and make something more worthwhile out of this." He replied, uncrossing his arms as he stepped towards her, and pulled down her shirt to return her dignity.

"I'll have to apologize, I was caught up in checking you out to think of the weather. Now, get in the back seat of the car, and I'll return these jewels." He said, walking around to the side of the car to open up the door she was to get in to. "And yes, you have to keep the handcuffs on. Call it an insurance policy until I get back." He continued, waiting for her to get into the vehicle before closing the door and locking it. He would collect all the jewlery and make off for the store, not that much of a distance walking wise, besides, he could use the time. He had just made the deal with the devil in a hot body, but he still kept one small piece of jewelry as a trump card, just in case she decided to turn sour, he would have her fingerprint to book her in instantaneously.

“I guess you are right, you are becoming a criminal and I am becoming an informant for the cops, who would have guessed that. The great thief that has evaded the police for so long ends up helping them...well it is better then going to jail.” The woman said with a chuckle, a charming smile on her face when he finally pulled her shirt back down, her honor at least a little bit restored.

The former thief sighed as she stepped into the back of the police and sat down. She didn't argue about the cuffs, she probably would have done the same thing if she had been in his shoes. Once he was out of her sight she started to think about the days events and chuckled softly. To think that the one thing that really lead to her arrest was the fact that she tripped and twisted an ankle. It was somewhat amusing if not pathetic. Wait before she got into the car did he say to her that he hadn't pulled down her shirt before because he was to busy checking her out? That couldn't be right...could it? She had to ask him, so the woman waited patiently for the cops return, and when he did she said to him, her voice filled with confusion, “Did you say that you were checking me out before?”

The question caught Ritchie rather unexpectedly as he sat himself down in the front seat of the car, not even having put on his seat belt. He would pause for a moment just allow his mind to recollect itself, before looking over his shoulder at her, and giving a nod with a small grin. "Yea, I did. Glad you can listen, makes communication a hell of a lot easier." He replied before putting the vehicle into drive and pulling away from where he had been parked. "Oh, and the shop owner was so thankful that it was a blubbering thief who dropped the goods, and not that dreaded Phantom." He said as he started the long drive back to his house. He didn't exactly live close to the department, which was only five minutes away, so needless to say, it would be about twenty minutes before she would be free. Which is why he stopped for coffee.

"Want anything?" He asked, looking over his shoulder at her again, wondering if she would want any of the terrible tar-like substance most police officers consume on a ravenous basis.

The woman let out another laugh, it was a cheery laugh, odd considering that she had just been caught, handcuffed, and placed in the back of a police car. “I am sure he was, after all the dreaded thief Phantom is any jewelry shop owners worst nightmare, though you have to admit that I didn't take as much as I could have, and I always made sure that the jewelry was covered by insurance so they wouldn't lose to much, I made sure that no one was in the store when I robbed it, and I never had use a weapon. Plus I never destroyed any property, I didn't break windows or doors down like some other thieves. I had a bit of integrity. A bit, not a lot but at least more then others.”

As they pulled up to the small store she was still smiling, sometimes chuckling. This was just to rich. “No thanks, I don't drink coffee. Now answer me this Officer whatever your name is, did you notice the jewels in my bra because you were checking me out then as well?” The woman asked a grin on her face, that just would have been the icing on the cake.

He listened to her describing her crimes, and it was now a given fact; she was the Phantom, she laid out all the telltale things which had defined the thief ever since she came to notoriety. After he ordered his coffee they would be off again, driving down the dark road that weaved itself out of the city and more into the small countryside surrounding it. "First off girl, my name is Ritchie. If we're going to have some kind of working relationship you might as well call me by my proper name. And yes, when I noticed the stolen goods, I was looking at yours. You have to expect it, beautiful young girl like yourself. Men are wholly predictable in that respect." He replied, being quite honest in his intentions, and quite clear that realistically, this was stuff that men did on the norm.

As they kept going towards his house, he would rest his right arm along the front bench, partitioned away from her by a steel mesh, before he would start talking again. "And what's your name? Or do you just want me calling you Phantom every time I meet you in the hallway?" He asked with a smirk, looking over his shoulder again to look at her again, and yes, check her out.

The woman looked out the police cars window, watching as scenery slowly transformed from that of a bustling city, with tall gray building that towered over head and hurried people; to that of a more lazy country side, with wide open spaces, cozy looking houses, and laid back people. She could grow to like it out here. It felt more peaceful and free almost, not like the city where she sometimes felt like she was trapped in a cage and always had to be in a rush. The former thief let out a laugh when he told her that her suspicions on how he noticed the jewelry in her bra. It was a merry laugh, no malice was behind it in the slightest. “So Ritchie, you were checking out my jewels when you noticed the stolen ones? Oh god that is rich! I guess in this instance my looks were my downfall. Though to be honest I have never really thought of myself as pretty, though men seem to.”

She continued to chuckle to herself as the car drove on, though she stopped when Officer Ritchie asked her name. “I guess it is probably a bad idea to keep calling me Phantom, though I have grown rather attached to it. Well if we are going to be working together then I might as well tell you. It is Alyssa. So now you don't have to call me Phantom and get us both into trouble.” The woman, Alyssa, said before she looked at Ritchie's blue eyes with her own, following his line of sight. “Are you checking me out again Officer?”

His answer was rather blunt and simple. "Yep." He replied, before turning his eyes back to the road and driving on. "What can I say, I like a pretty girl in handcuffs." He said with an invisible smirk as he turned left into a small subdivision which probably served as his home. A few moments later they would pull into the long driveway that led to a large house, not richly so, but definitely bigger than the average family home. Turning off the car he would slide out of his seat and move to open up her own door, letting her get out before turning her around and releasing her fragile looking wrists from the steel of the cuffs, and placing them back into their holder on his belt. "Welcome to my home."

Walking to the front door he would unlock the several deadbolts and throw open the door, automatic lights illuminating the spacious inside of his two story home. From the front hallway she could see the stairs leading up to the second floor balcony with the bedrooms sitting along the sides. Straight ahead passed the stairs, thanks to the late night moon, she could make out the shadows of a kitchen, and to the right a living room. There was a door off to the left, but it was closed, and another deadbolt was found on that door as well.

Alyssa let out a chuckle at his answer, so she had been right about where his eyes were looking. “Blunt one aren't ya? Though I admire your honesty.” The woman shifted a little uncomfortably in her seat about the comment that he liked a girl in handcuffs, she couldn't tell if he was being serious or joking. She hoped that he was joking but then again she had no way of telling. Her worry was quickly pushed aside as the car pulled into a rather long driveway in front of a big house, not huge like but defiantly not small. The woman let out a small whistle as she stepped out of the car, rubbing her wrists as soon the cuffs were off trying to get the blood flowing again. “Well Ritchie, I can honestly say that I am impressed. You have a nice house.”

Alyssa followed behind him, entering his house only a step behind him. She let out a whistle when he turned on the lights and looked around, she could see the kitchen, a set of stairs that led up towards the balcony where she assumed the bedrooms were located. But what attracted her eyes was a door located on the first floor to the left of the kitchen. It was dead bolted shut, curious. “Hey Ritchie, what's behind that door?” The woman asked, pointing towards the locked door.

"It's not much, but it's home." He would say in reply to her statement, and as he stepped more into his house, he would slide off his jacket to expose the shoulder holster underneath, still with a gun snugly resting within. Looking towards the door, he would shift his lightly blue eyes back towards her with a small grin. "What? You thinking of breaking into that as well?" He gave a soft chuckle as he threw his keys down on the small table beside the door.

"It's my office. Lots of stuff in there, so unless I take you in there myself, don't go. It's alarmed too, so I wouldn't get too curious if I were you until I know I can somewhat trust you. As for my honesty...I'm too damn old and jagged not the be honest. If you have a problem with it, you would tell me. Care for something to drink or eat? Maybe some ice for that ankle of yours?" He asked, trying his best to be a polite host to a semi famous criminal. To be honest, he hadn't entertained anyone in his house since he bought if four years ago.

Alyssa eyed gun in the shoulder holster cautiously, she did not like guns. Not one bit. One could even have said that the woman was scared of guns. She turned her head to look at him when he started talking to her, pushing the fear out of her mind, her face turned slightly pink at his words. “I see a locked door, the only one in the house it looks like, of course I am curious as too what room lies behind it. It is only natural after all, wouldn't you be curious if you went over to someones house and saw a door with dead bolts on it?” The thief asked, turning away from him, she hoped that he hadn't seen her blushing face.

The woman sighed when he said that the only thing that was behind that door was an office, with a lot of things inside, her face quickly turning even redder when he mentioned that he was honest, remembering what he had said about liking pretty girls in handcuffs. “So you weren't teasing about liking to have pretty woman handcuffed? I better try and remember that...I don't want to get on your bad side after all. Who knows what you would do to me.” The woman said with a giggle before a wave of pain shot through her leg. Alyssa winced and lost her balance as her ankle gave up, she started to fall and quickly put her hands out to break the fall.

Ritchie's reaction was almost automatic, and many would say it was borderline predictable, but as she started he fall he would shift quickly to snatch her into his arms, and in that respect, he succeeded quite well. Pulling her in tightly to his chest, he held her securely, before bringing her and himself back to a standing position. He wouldn't let go though, instead supporting her and walking towards the kitchen, and more importantly, some seats. "Don't worry there Alyssa, it's not getting on my bad side which gets a pretty lady in cuffs voluntarily, believe me." He asked with a slight joking tone, trying to warm the mood when he imagined she might feel embarrassed by her loss of strength.

Turning on the light in the kitchen he would sit her down at the table, bringing over another chair to raise her leg, and keep the ankle on level ground. Taking to the freezer, he would put together a few ice cubes in a damp dish towel and take them over to her. "Hold this on your ankle for thirty minutes, that should stop the swelling." He said, obviously a victim of numerous similar accidents. "Now..how about a drink?"

Back
Top Bottom