Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jolie's Journal (Comments Welcome) [First Post Has Status]

Today is a combination of ...

tumblr_nj1pyuKgUJ1tvg3jwo1_400.jpg

and​

tomb.jpg

and to put a point on it, I lost today. On the plus side, someone's going to buy me lunch at P.F. Chang's. I just have to hang around a library until 1:00 p.m.

evil-girl-1-doll.jpg

Look, I admit I’m not perfect.
Sometimes I burn popcorn in the microwave.
But we all make mistakes.
Sure back in middle school I used to bully you,
But I admit I was wrong.
Selling old term papers in high school.
Honestly, I thought that was clever.
Remember when the three of us stole your parents
Oxy and crashed their car?
Who knew we’d laugh about it later?
Anyway, it was good for you to be on your own early.
And I heard they invited you to visit last Christmas,
I guess your “Christian parents” learned forgiveness.
Your sister was such a straight arrow,
How’d I know she’d end up in rehab?
And while I may not have confessed,
I did visit her in the hospital.
I hear she’s doing fine in that special school.
Remember when I broadcast those pics?
You know the ones.
Admit it, you thought it was funny!
I still think you overreacted when
You found out I used your cell phone.
But in the end, you got probation;
It worked out fine.
Anyway your wife’s cute, so don’t worry,
I won’t say anything about the past.
You know, I’m not perfect.
I may have made a few mistakes.
Some people may claim I “hurt them.”
But when I say I’m sorry, I mean it!
So let me crash with you for a few.
Oh and uh,
best not look in the trunk.

Through April 24, 2015, my responses and Blue Moon participation may be erratic due to work commitments. I often do check in on my cell phone and beloved iPad Mini, but I don't peck out substantive posts on those devices (short one or two liners, maybe). Also, when I'm getting up at 4:00 a.m. and on the road, I don't always have the inspiration for a particular creative endeavor, so I might just do blog posts while I sit and wait for my next event as those require little thought (being a stream of consciousness girl).

Tips on shopping:

1) Avoid impulse buys;
2) Do comparison shop.

Let's give a real world example! These Kate Spade Pumps are cute and in the $200 range.

shopping

But if you just pull out the credit card and buy them, because you had a "hard week," that's an impulse buy and not the wisest thing to do. So look around and comparison shop a bit.

For example, these Bear Paw Shako boots are in the $400 range (some might say they're not quite as cute).

shopping

Let's be honest, those Kate Spade pumps look a little cuter now and $200 vice $400, we're talking bargain! Now run that credit card. You've just saved $200 and gotten a cuter pair of shoes.

This is how you shop wisely!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRb1h989_jk[/video]

Jolie said:
Tips on shopping:

1) Avoid impulse buys;
2) Do comparison shop.

Let's give a real world example! These Kate Spade Pumps are cute and in the $200 range.

shopping

But if you just pull out the credit card and buy them, because you had a "hard week," that's an impulse buy and not the wisest thing to do. So look around and comparison shop a bit.

For example, these Bear Paw Shako boots are in the $400 range (some might say they're not quite as cute).

shopping

Let's be honest, those Kate Spade pumps look a little cuter now and $200 vice $400, we're talking bargain! Now run that credit card. You've just saved $200 and gotten a cuter pair of shoes.

This is how you shop wisely!

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

I see we shop the same exact way. xD But I think we already had this conversation, Jolie. It just makes me so happy to see another soul who thinks exactly like I do in terms of shopping! Haha :)

Mr Quixotic said:
Is it only me who prefers the Paw Shako Boots?

Those boots have their place; just not on my feet. Some girls can totally rock the look.

shakoedited_thumb1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

[img=350x384]http://bearpaw.s3.amazonaws.com/kitgui/5c2674e9f11648138da1fcea6b0b8374/files/celeb-reviews/1294W-1.png[/img]
027159c2efa475e18832ff4f92b5eac8.jpg

[img=320x379]http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i460/lgs_sam/0%20kim/WLTC-006/WLTC-006_all.jpg[/img]​

tumblr_inline_nliupsRpAH1t2nn1o_400.jpg

14848.jpg

Do you ever think, "If only we had more Ghillie Suit Parades?"

Iranian-Army-soldiers-march-during-a-military-parade-in-Tehran_3.jpg

2012%5C140%5C2012-05-19T091002Z_01_COL02_RTRIDSP_0_SRILANKA.jpg

13910129140635612_PhotoL.jpeg

Or even just fun parades,

Iranian-Army-soldiers-march-during-a-military-parade-in-Tehran_2.jpg

I mean wouldn't you feel special if you got to dress all in white? Never mind! That question brings to mind an entirely different style of white sheet parade. Actually, this is the parade I want,

Chelsea-players-in-Armani-008.jpg

I call it Hot Men in Armani.

Out of idle curiosity, I typed "dirtiest poem" into Google's search box. Yes, I am that kind of girl. What comes up is a poem by Catullus from around 75 B.C. Does anyone else think it a little sad that we don't have a good modern contender for the dirtiest poem? According to the 'net (and we all know how absolutely reliable the 'net is), this poem is so obscene it wasn't translated from Latin until the 12th Century.

Paedicabo ego vos et irrumabo,
Aureli pathice et cinaede Furi,
qui me ex versiculis meis putastis,
quod sunt molliculi, parum pudicum.
Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
ipsum, versiculos nihil necesse est,
qui tum denique habent salem ac leporem,
si sunt molliculi ac parum pudici
et quod pruriat
incitare possunt,
non dico pueris, sed his pilosis,
qui duros nequeunt movere lumbos.
Vos quod milia multa basiorum
legistis, male me marem putatis?
Paedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

[img=360x288]https://mnorth52.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/au0502catullusgaiusvalerius1.jpg?w=788[/img]
This is Carl Sesar's 1974 translation, a tamer version than the one found in Wikipedia's entry on Catullus 16:

Up your ass and in your mouth
Aurelius, you too, Furius, you cocksuckers,
calling me dirt because my poems
have naughty naughty words in them.
Just the poet's got to be a boy scout
fellas, not his goddamn poems.
Anyway look, they've got wit, sass,
and sure they're lewd and lascivious,
and can get somebody pretty hard-up too,
I mean not just young kids, but you hairy guys
who can barely get your stiff asses going,
so just because you read about a lot of kisses
you want to put something nasty on me as a man?
Fuck you, up your ass and in your mouth.

To get an equivalent level of "dirty" in modern times, you almost have to with prose, e.g., James Joyce.

quote-writing-in-english-is-the-most-ingenious-torture-ever-devised-for-sins-committed-in-previous-lives-james-joyce-97542.jpg

So dazed, you look up and there he is in all of his marvelous insensitive, egoistic, murderous glory, staring down, and you think, "One night, would it be so wrong?"

[img=560x382]http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv/blogs/the-stream/206Group2.jpg[/img]

hqdefault.jpg

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu-b3u5jDiU[/video]

On an entirely unrelated note, I just became a founding member of the Grid (being developed by Ex-Google AdSense Director of Products Brian Axe and the first Medium designer Leigh Taylor). Web designers hate it. It may end up sucking. But for $96, I'll have fun seeing what it can do with my content.

Jolie said:
So dazed, you look up and there he is in all of his marvelous insensitive, egoistic, murderous glory, staring down, and you think, "One night, would it be so wrong?"

[img=560x382]http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv/blogs/the-stream/206Group2.jpg[/img]
Haha, oh Archer. Archer and Lana are just too cute this season.

xanaphia said:
Haha, oh Archer. Archer and Lana are just too cute this season.

Aren't they! I hope the season finale leaves enough hope/room for me to ship them, but I doubt it.

UBd58KT.gif

When you execute your Google search, it helps to avoid ambiguity. I typed "sexy cage" into my Google images search, because I'm twisted that way.

I'm expecting something like a lighted stripper pole cage, ala,

b1730c0a0a9c9df48d6a9226016a8ac6.jpg

or maybe your black silk covered bed with a kennel underneath for your pet dog.

415a0c30939ab20c6c23e84475840df9.jpg

But what I get is your basic, all-too-literal "sexy" Cage.

9c8c85b7f952fe7ae92fd3b5f45174c4-nc9.jpg

Now I have to live with that image being burned into my mental synapses.

Photography yesterday; then hit some clubs after. Returned late, so no posts.

[img=425x200]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0bqE9TT5Ybg/VTQp4igl-TI/AAAAAAAAAhU/FLioCG5nM5U/w1274-h594-no/20150418_125453%2B%281%29%2B-%2BCopy.jpg[/img]

Sushi for lunch. Surprisingly decent for a chain.

More excuses! As I said earlier, this week is incredibly busy. On the semi-plus side, everyone I do stuff for work-wise now owes me money. I haven't written much since Friday, but I'm turning to starting to think about what I'm going to write in my responses to the beautiful build up of writing that has accumulated in my PM box. And if that doesn't make you feel better, I don't know what will!

0857687948.jpg

And on an entirely unrelated note, I'm taking off around May 26th through oh June 4th to spend some time in Las Vegas. I'll hopefully remind people of that fact when the time comes, but while I'll definitely be checking in and doing some writing, my posts will be a bit more sporadic.

d9cd2f94b373bcf4ad371c01a2c3e0c1.jpg

Work stress built up. I knew I was going down. Carrot sticks weren't cutting it. So my mind started flickering through the various guilty possibilities. I ended up devouring a slice of chocolate cake from a local bakery.

Got paid with lots of lovely money yesterday. This means I can now pay off everyone that I owe money and am back to being debt free (but for those nasty student loans). I'm still crazy busy this week, but writing in between as I can to catch up on posts and what not.

Jolie said:
Work stress built up. I knew I was going down. Carrot sticks weren't cutting it. So my mind started flickering through the various guilty possibilities. I ended up devouring a slice of chocolate cake from a local bakery.

Speaking of cakes; A cheesecake shop has just opened up right next door to my work, and considering that's my biggest weakness when it comes to deserts, I'm going to have to use every ounce of my willpower to avoid it.

Mr Quixotic said:
Jolie said:

Speaking of cakes; A cheesecake shop has just opened up right next door to my work, and considering that's my biggest weakness when it comes to deserts, I'm going to have to use every ounce of my willpower to avoid it.

Omfg, it must be only me who doesn't like cheesecake. Like, the texture is way too smooth, it's sooo thick, and I love cheese things, but I just can't get behind cheesecakes. I only like when cheesecakes have graham cracker crusts, and so I take the actual cake part off and eat the crust. Lol.

PoisonIvy said:
OMG JOLIE! I'M GOING TO VEGAS FOR MEMORIAL WEEKEND.....what happens if we run into each other?

giphy.gif

On the side note, I do hate cheesecake also, so you're not alone aria :)

Wow! Let's consider the possibilities:

Two such incomparably cool people in the same location; it might cause a hell-mouth might open swallowing Las Vegas. Almost worth it? Or maybe, just maybe, we're wicked enough be the tipping point that sends Las Vegas into Sodom and Gomorrah territory? An eternity as two beautifully shaped pillars of salt?

I'll arrive on the 26th or 27th, I believe. Don't know where I'll be staying yet. The last three times, it's been the Venetian, the Aria, and the Bellagio. In terms of suite magnificence, I seem to be slowly descending from mind blowing, to pretty darn cool, to yawn ... it's nice, but only two wide screen HDTVs? Seriously!

55365d456f26d9cb486acc37_syrio-forel-game-of-thrones.gif

As for cheesecake? Most cheesecake, I can do without. I do love that graham cracker crust though. I used to be on a Key Lime pie craze, but not so much anymore. I guess for me desserts are like sand traps on a golf course. You do your best to resist them, but every now and then ... you get the fun of (whatever it is you do with a golf ball in a sand trap; I've exhausted my real world knowledge on that issue).

tired_so_tired_by_Pinkish_Girl.jpg

Oh and speaking of Vegemite (reader's of the oh-so sexy and delicious Quix's journal or whatever he calls it will know of what I speak), I found this video both amusing and sweet.

What lies beneath the spoiler tags is ... and be forwarned ... utterly, totally, and quite squeakily clean.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igeUz4cjB5w[/video]

Kids vs. Vegemite

Back
Top Bottom