Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mistakenly bitten { Marcus Roman&Cupcakemon }

cupcakemon

Super-Earth
Danny was nervous, more nervous than normal. Tonight was the full moon and normally he wouldn't be allowed out but he had to get out of the mansion. It was the place that the pack lived and it was near the woods that were privately owned by the alpha. It was a good place for them to all stay and turn since nobody ever bothered them too much. It was just that the place felt too crowded for him, he had to go out against orders.

The purple haired male slipped out of the mansion, heading straight to town. Maybe if he got a few sweets he'd be okay for tonight. There was still a few hours to kill after all so it couldn't be that too bad of an idea. Sweets usually calmed him down and made him feel better when he did change. He just hoped he didn't run into anybody he liked and would want to hang out. Mainly his best friend because that would mean he'd have to come up with something to get out of hanging out with him. Then he'd have to rush back home.

Walking down the street he headed towards his favorite sweets shop he tried not to think about the moon. Time was moving and he knew he'd have to get to the mansion before nightfall at least. So far nobody seemed to bother him or pay any attention to him. So that had to be a good thing at least. Of course turning the corner he saw his friend he panicked slightly and spun on his heels, walking back the way he had come in hopes that he hadn't been spotted.

Aaron was bored tonight, the friends that he had gone out with tonight had all gotten themselves some company to go home with so he had been left high and dry by himself, what a bunch of dicks he thought to himself jokingly as he walked down the sidewalk. He probably could have been driving but he did have about four or was is five beers he couldn't really remember so it was probably better not to be driving around even if he wasn't too drunk to drive that didn't mean he couldn't be pulled over and arrested. Better not to risk it when he could just walk himself home, it wasn't too bad after all it was cooling down since there were only a few hours till it was night time.

He usually wasn't a fan of going out drinking during the day but his friends had insisted that he come out with them because they didn't hang out enough anymore. Those bums don't have college to deal with he thought as he looked at his phone, no texts or calls made today so couldn't use those to pass the time either. Aaron couldn't help but sigh lightly as he was really bored now which is one of the reasons he didn't like drinking during the day because by the time night rolled around you were either shit faced or bored because you weren't shit faced.

As he put his phone into his pocket he looked up just in time what he thought was his very good friend Danny as a flash of purple hair spun around and went back the way he was going. "Yo Danny!" he yelled out in that deep voice of his as he ran towards the small purple haired figure, in sure looked like Danny from behind he thought as he drew closer to him.

Danny wasn't the kind to usually go out and hang out with too many people. He had the pack and a few friends before he had gotten bitten and afterwards he liked to spend time with. Aaron was one of those friends because they had been friends for so long that he wasn't somebody Danny could turn away from. But he hadn't told him about what he was.

There was no way he could tell him what he was. People didn't accept that werewolves were real until it happened to them. Danny knew that because he had gone through it. Being alone and a new werewolf wasn't easy, at least it hadn't been until the pack. The pack had helped him get in control and feel somewhat normal in his life. And normal wad what he needed if he wanted to go out with friends. The only bad thing was his heightened emotions, sometimes becoming more intense.

Shoulders jetting up to his ears when he heard Aaron's voice. He had hoped that the other hadn't seen him but he was wrong. Of course Aaron had seen him, hr had bright purple hair after all. Turning around he gave the taller male a tight smile. "Hey Aaron," he greeted as soon as he got close to him. Danny was nervous, he didn't want to lash out at his friend randomly so maybe it was better to make up some lie and run home before he did something.

Aaron was glad to see that it was Danny and someone who looked like Danny because that would have been just a tiny bit awkward with the way he was running towards him. He smiled at Danny who turned around to give him a smile which was a little off, Aaron wasn't sure why he was thinking it was off so he just pushed that thought to the back of his head before speaking up again. "Hey I called you earlier to go out with me a few friends and you never got back to me" he said quickly as he remembered thinking it was weird that Danny didn't answer his phone during the day even though it rang a bunch "what have you been up to?" he asked curiously.

Usually he wouldn't have been so curious but coupled with the boredom that he was feeling he could be very invasive, Aaron was constantly needing amusement or else he could get a bit annoying. He was one of those laid back guys you could talk to almost any time other than when he was bored because then he could be random, weird, and pry into a lot of things without thinking about what he was doing. One of his biggest flaws that and he liked to debate things with people all the time even when that something was a small as the pronunciation of a word, his fingers tapped against his jean covered thigh as he waited for an answer from Danny.

Danny tried not to think about turning soon and just that he had to go. Frowning a bit he pulled out his phone to look at it, seeing the missed calls from Aaron. "Sorry I got roped into helping babysit. Kids started taking a nap and I turned my phone on silent. I hadn't checked it," he told him. It was a lie but he wasn't allowed to have his phone on during the day of the full moon, just like he wasn't able to be outside.

Danny looked back up at Aaron and shoved his phone back into his pocket. He had to get back. It was going to be dark soon and he could already feel the small ripples under his skin. He liked Aaron and normally he didn't mind how invasive he could get but right now he wanted to avoid questions. He didn't want to answer any that seemed too personal. "I got to run to te store still to get stuff for in the morning. Do you want to go drinking tomorrow?" he asked, hoping to avoid any sort question if he wanted to hang out now.

Well at least Danny hadn't been ignoring him he thought to himself after hearing Danny's excuse as to why he wasn't answering the phone, Aaron really didn't have much of a reason to question him so he just kind of shrugged it off "eh no worries" he said rather casually. The mention of the store and then the question of going drinking tomorrow had him shrugging once again "well hey I'll walk with ya to the store at least" he said in a cheerful tone as right now Danny was the only thing keeping him from being bored against so he wasn't just going to let him run off.

"I don't know about drinking tomorrow, money's a bit tight as it is and you know me I'm not that big of a drinker unless it's a good drink" he said with a little grin. "What are you getting at the store anyways?" he asked curiously, maybe he'd get himself something chocolatey which made him think of yoohoo and he remembered how good those were, he hadn't had a yoohoo in years now so he had pretty much made up his mind to get a yoohoo at the store with Danny.

Danny smiled a bit as Aaron shrugged off his excuse, believing him. It hadn’t been the first time he had ignored Aaron’s calls because he was watching the kids for the pack. He froze though as his best friend said he would go to the store with him. He had hoped to part way and he could run back but that didn’t seem like an option now because Aaron wouldn’t let him blow him off. Nodding he started to walk towards the store, shoving his hands into his pockets. He could try to hold off turning until he could run for it and get to the woods in time.

“I can pay since I still owe you for last month when you paid for my drinks,” he said as they walked. Glancing up at the sky he looked back at his friend. “Good stuff. We can go to that bar you like.” He needed to keep his mind focused on not turning right now. “Milk. We ran out at the mansion and kids will freak out if there’s not some for their cereal. Plus I need it to make ice cream,” he said as they got closer to the store. He was starting to get antsy now, not wanting to really go in and instead run for it now. But he knew Aaron would probably follow after him to make sure he was okay and he couldn’t have that.

Aaron walked beside Danny his arms swinging freely rather than stuffing them into his pockets, he actually couldn't understand how some people walked like that because when he tried it a couple times he just felt so off balance. "Well if you're buying then I can definitely be persuaded to go out for a drink or ten" he said with a laugh following, "homemade ice cream? now that sounds pretty damn good" he said before licking his lips loudly. "You have just convinced me that I need to get an ice cream along with the yoohoo I plan on getting at the store because they are both delicious so together they gotta be good right?" he asked in a playful way as the store came into sight.

"How do you manage watching kids?" he asked genuinely "I mean don't get me wrong I like kids to a certain extent but man they have too much energy for me to keep up with them for very long". He smiled a bit "their like little springs or something the second you think you stretched them out bam they come springing back at ya with a vengeance", they were right outside the store now and Aaron pulled out his wallet to make sure he had enough for both an ice cream and a yoohoo.

Danny could swear that he heard the air moving between Aaron’s swinging arms. He wouldn’t be surprised since his hearing was getting better and better with each passing moment. “Yeah I just got paid and my grandma just sent me a three thousand dollar check so I have that,” he said. His grandparents sent him money often for school, but most of the time he used it on other things like going out drinking with Aaron. “You usually eat the ice cream at the mansion, it’s the one that I make. Nobody likes the store bought stuff since I can just make it.” Twitching a little he pulled his hood up over his head as a just in case before he shoved his hands into his pockets.

“We do rotations. So this time it was mine and one of the girl’s turns to watch the kids. Since they’re in bed she told me to go to the store,” he lied. Smiling he entered the store heading back towards the dairy section. Looking around he found an exit in case he needed to run for it. Which at any moment he might have to because he felt a surge run through his spine, causing him to wince. “If you don’t have enough I can cover you,” Danny finally said after a moment.

Aaron let out a slow long whistle as they came closer to the store "look at you rolling in the big money" he said in a teasing tone, unlike Danny Aaron was pulling part time shifts at a wood working place. He didn't hold it against Danny because he knew Danny was a good guy, "well I would eat your ice cream but you have just told me you are out of milk to make the ice cream so I'd have to walk all the way back with you and then wait for you to make the ice cream to have some and we both know that isn't going to happen". He grinned as they walked into the store "well I commend you for having far more patience than I do Danny" he said in response to the kids being in bed and shifts being taken to watch them.

He waved off the offer to pay for him "I got just enough for them" he said as he opened up the drink section and pulled out a yoohoo and then made his way to the freezer. "Alright need your help with this important decision Danny" he said in a very dramatic tone "drumstick with the chocolatey and nutty outer shell hiding the vanilla wrapped in a waffle cone or the creamy strawberriness that is strawberry shortcake?". Aaron wasn't really in a rush and he didn't really think Danny was either so of course he was playing around because that's what he did when he was bored, "I like both so I can't choose between them" he said with playful dismay.

Danny shrugged a little. “Eh, I still have money left over from the last time she sent me money. I tell her I don’t need it and she takes that as she needs to send more,” he said. If he didn’t have to stay with the pack he’d had moved out, possibly closer to Aaron. He was his best friend and Danny had feelings towards him for the past few years, he just kept it hidden. “Tell me what kind you want and I’ll make you your own batch,” he offered with a smile. Reaching out he grabbed a thing of milk and looking back at him. “They’re well behaved so it works.”

“Okay,” he agreed. Grabbing his side he tried not to think about the need to turn. It had to be about that time by now and he had to get away. “Drumstick, you got the strawberry shortcake last time,” he said as he leaned against the cold door. He knew the other was playing around but he couldn’t do this right now in the store. Wincing he set down the milk in the freezer and without a word bolted for the back exit. Getting outside he braced himself against the wall with one hand, his back to the door as there was a sharp crack in his back. “Fuck,” he muttered as he tried to take a few steps forward only to fall on his knees, his arm snapping this time. He needed to get closer to the woods, get inside and he’d be okay.

A batch of whatever flavor of homemade ice cream he wanted that was a damn good offer "I will definitely be taking you up on that" he said happily "let's go with strawberry flavor then. When Danny mentioned that he got the strawberry shortcake last time he was here he raised an eyebrow "well that's a good memory ya got there because I don't even remember what I got last time" he said with a little laugh as he reached into the freezer to grab a drumstick. He was turning around just as Danny set the milk down and bolted for the back exit of the store, for a moment Aaron just stood there not really understanding what was going on but after that moment he set down his yoohoo and his drumstick.

Aaron took off after his "Danny!" he called out confused his leg smacking a milk crate as he made his way towards the back door, that hurt like hell he thought as he made his way out of the store. He had no idea what was going on with Danny but as his friend he had to help him he told himself just as he hit the door running and threw it open "Danny!" he called out again as he scanned the area for the purple haired male.

“I can do that since we just got a bunch of strawberries at the mansion. Way too many for any of us to eat,” Danny said. He had a good memory, everything about him was better the past few years aside from planning things around the full moon. There had been once or twice he had to cancel on Aaron and friends the day of the full moon, having to claim he was too sick to go out. It usually worked and he took a day or two saying he was sick still so they didn’t think anything of it. He had to get closer to the woods where it was safe for him, the woods was his goal and he wasn’t getting any closer.

Hearing Aaron though he cursed, slamming a half hand half paw against the wall as his legs began to break and reshape themselves. He could hear his friend get closer towards him as his hair started to shift from its purple color to grey and white. “I’m fine, just go back inside,” he called, cursing slightly as his voice sounded more of a growl than his actual voice. That was going to get him to come closer to him and he didn’t need that. Turning away from where he had heard him he bit his bottom lip to stop from crying out in pain. His back snapped and he braced himself on his hands and knees, trying to keep himself steady.

Aaron couldn't see Danny anywhere but when Danny called out that he was fine and for Aaron to go back inside it did not sound like the normal Danny at all. "Are you sure? you sound kinda sick Danny" he said in a slightly curious and slightly worried tone because if Danny was fine then why did he bolt out the backdoor and why was he trying to avoid Aaron right now he asked himself as he looked for Danny some more by heading in the direction he had heard Danny call out from. Aaron had never seen Danny acting like in the years that he had known the purple haired male, one had to chalk that up to good self control because Aaron knew Danny had seen him out of control at least a couple of times over the years.

"Look it doesn't matter what it is I can help" he said as he drew ever closer towards Danny, "if it's something embarrassing it'll be our secret because nobody else needs to know" he said softly. Aaron would never betray Danny when it came to secrets just like he knew Danny wouldn't betray any of his secrets, "so just tell me what's going on so I can help" he said in the same soothing tone as he didn't want to upset his friend anymore than they already seemed to be.

Danny’s eyes shifted from their usual hazel color to their unnatural gold color. He didn’t need Aaron to see him like this. Aaron didn’t need to come closer to him because he was scared that he’d hurt him and regret it. If he hurt him then Aaron might not talk to him again and that would crush Danny’s heart. He didn’t want Aaron to see him lose control because he hadn’t lost control in front of him before. He had been there when Aaron was and he helped him out but Danny had good self-control, aside from when he turned.

Digging his claws into the ground he felt his shirt and jacket begin to rip as his body continued to change. He knew that he couldn’t let Aaron get closer to him because if he did then he would know. Trying to stand to get away he fell back and cried out in pain, rolling onto his stomach. He was mostly there, his body breaking and reforming the closer Aaron got to him. Danny didn’t answer his friend, instead just let out a groan of pain and slammed his hand down on the ground. It was almost a full paw at this rate, his sleeves torn to pieces.

Aaron was very worried because Danny wasn't answering him anymore which meant that something was very wrong, must be sick or something and he didn't want Aaron to see him all messed up but Aaron just wanted to help so he kept coming closer and closer to Danny. By the time he arrived to see Danny there was no Danny anymore, instead it was just a pile of shredded clothing and what appeared to be a very big dog sitting there, no that wasn't right Aaron thought to himself as he looked down at Danny without realizing that it was Danny.

What was standing there was a wolf he knew that as he looking at even though he had never seen one in person before everyone had seen them on tv or in books. Aaron didn't move because he wasn't quite sure what to do, every muscle in his body tensed as he tried to think of what he could do, running wouldn't help because the wolf could easily outmatch his speed. Also what the fuck had happened to Danny he thought as he saw the torn up clothes, did he get attacked by the wolf he wondered, but there was no blood and no Danny or Danny's body anywhere.

Danny couldn’t answer Aaron anymore, he just couldn’t. His voice wouldn’t work and instead he just growled and grunted in pain. By the time Aaron reached him he was a large grey and white wolf. The creature stood a good three or four feet taller than a regular wolf and had a heavier mass to it. It stood where Danny’s clothes had ripped off of him, now it was just him as a wolf. Growling the wolf’s ears flattened against his head, walking towards Aaron. He sniffed the air then pressed his nose to Aaron’s chest then up to his neck, sniffing him. If there was any movement he growled until it stopped.

At least he smelled like he was Aaron. Circling the male he was about to sniff him again before he heard howls. The pack was looking for him, he hadn’t made it to them. Mouth open he went to howl back when he saw something move out of the corner of his eye near Aaron. Snapping his mouth close he hadn’t noticed that his mouth clamped around Aaron’s shoulder until he tasted blood. Opening his mouth he jumped away, his tail tucked between his legs and ears flattening back. He messed up! He had bitten his friend!

This thing was fucking huge Aaron thought to himself as he looked at the wolf who growled at him, Aaron had dogs his entire life until college and he knew that if he ran the wolf would instinctively chase him. This thing looked like it could eat him and walk off like it wouldn't be a problem so he kept himself as still as possible even as the huge wolf approached, he knew it was also a sign of weakness to run away which would entice the wolf to chase him so he waited trying to appear strong. Even as the cold wet nose pressed against his chest and sniffed it's way up his neck he stayed as still as he possibly could hoping the wolf would just walk off on it's way because it was bored with him.

He heard other howls and that reassured him as the wolf would hear it's own kind and go away faster, that was until he saw something move in the bushes. Aaron unintentionally flinched because he thought there was another wolf and that it was charging, his mistake caused the wolf to bite down on his shoulder painfully "argh" he yelled out before backing up holding at his shoulder. He could feel blood seeping out but it wasn't gushing or anything it just didn't feel very good he thought as he watched the wolf to see what it would do now. It seemed to be upset that it bit him and he wondered if perhaps his yell had scared it, feeling a bit braver now "go go on get outta here" he yelled at the wolf "don't stick around to hurt anyone else" he puffed up his chest as he yelled trying to make himself seem bigger but he couldn't remember if that was feline animals and not canine.

Danny stood before him as a wolf, watching the other. If he ran he’d chase after him, it was just instinct. Both for the wolf and for Danny because he always ran after Aaron when the other took off. Usually because if the other had done something he shouldn’t he didn’t want to get blamed for it. But the other didn’t move and let him do what he wanted which just to inspect Aaron. His wolf needing to make sure that he was who he saw him to be. As a wolf he was more hesitant with people than as a human, it was because he had to. He didn’t know who was a hunter and who wasn’t.

Whimpering he stared at his friend, his blood on his mouth. The alpha was going to be upset with him when he found out in the morning. He didn’t know if he was going to turn or not because he had been bitten after a full moon and didn’t turn until the next one. He reached out and stomped his paw down in front of Aaron, determined not to leave him. He had to make sure that Aaron was going to be okay and wasn’t going to wolf out right here behind the store. But he still needed cover from the people. Not that he thought people would come behind the store but still he stayed despite Aaron’s yelling.

Okay all that confidence went out the window when the big ass wolf just stared at him before smacking it's paw against the ground as if it were defying him. But it didn't come in for the kill or anything like that so Aaron was willing to try at least one more time to scare off the wolf because he had no other ideas at the moment, "I said go ON" he yelled the last part angrily which was something that Aaron did not do often. "BAD DOG" true it wasn't a dog but hell it's not like the big wolf could understand him so he said what he would have said if it had been a dog "GET" he yelled again wincing slightly as he felt the bite in his shoulder throb just a tiny bit though he felt fine besides that. His unharmed arm waving at the air behind the wolf as if trying to get it to understand that it was supposed to be going that way instead of just standing there looking at him or doing anything else like attacking.

The wolf looked offended as Aaron called him a dog. He wasn't an average dog he was a wolf, a giant wolf that could knock him on his ass and drag him wherever he wanted. Instead of standing he sat down and raised a paw placing it on Aaron's chest and giving him a small push. As soon as he turned human again he was going to tell Aaron not to call him a dog again. Staring at him expectingly he tilted his head to the side, as if asking Aaron what he was going to do. It was clear he wasn't going to move from the spot and if Aaron left he couldn't follow him. People wouldn't react well to a wolf his size and anyways it was against pack rules.

What the hell was with this big ass wolf Aaron thought to himself as it just stared at him before walking forward to push against his chest pushing him back slightly which was a tiny bit worrisome. If Aaron hadn't been bleeding from the shoulder he would have thought this must be some big elaborate joke but the dull throbbing of his bitten shoulder quickly dispelled any foolish thoughts of this being some kind of joke. So far the wolf hadn't seemed overly hostile and it seemed intent on staying right where it was so Aaron's only other idea was to take a step back towards the store to see what the wolf was going to do then, he watched carefully ready to defend himself in case the wolf attacked though he doubted there would be much defense to be had.

The wolf raised its eyebrows at him, as if challenging him to do something about it. Tilting his head to the side he jerked upwards as soon as Aaron stepped backwards. Stepping forward he didn’t want him to go, there was a risk for it. He went to move forward again when he heard the howls. Looking towards the woods he looked back at Aaron. He didn’t want to go but knew he had to. He had to go before they found him here and smelled Aaron’s blood. Walking forward he nudged Aaron forward towards the store. If he was going to go he had to go.

Back
Top Bottom