Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Pet Shop Mistake (RedHeadPersephone x Olsender)

It was the strangest advertisement. Garnet Wims stared at the paper to make sure it was for real. A pet shop that delivered the pets to your door? How did one know if they liked their pet? Wasn't that half the fun of going to a shelter or pet shop was to look at all the eager little puppies and kitties and pick?

"Can't hurt to try," she muttered. It was another lonely night, and Garnet was tired of being alone. Ever since her she caught her ex in bed with her best friend, she had been in a self-imposed dating exile. But, she wanted some kind of companionship.

Calling up the number, she decided on a dog. "I need a friendly one. You know, a cute little scamp who will greet me when I get home, curl up on the couch and watch movies, and maybe guard the house when I'm gone," she said. "I don't have a breed in mind."

"That's okay, miss. We do offer a trial period where you can see if you are compatible with your new pet. If you decide you are not, just trade him or her in. Do you have a preference?"

Garnet thought for a moment. "I'd like a boy dog." Why not, they might be better guards.

"Your pet will arrive tomorrow. Please be sure to be home to accept delivery. We will bill you after the week trial period."

Yay! Garnet couldn't believe she actually did that. She could just imagine all the things she and her new puppy would do; take long walks, cuddle on the couch, play fetch in the park.

The next morning, she called in sick to work. She left only long enough to pick up new pet supplies and rushed home. Just as she finished deciding where in the kitchen the dog bowl would go, there was a knock on her door.

She opened it up, eager to meet her new friend.

Back
Top Bottom