Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Whoops! What did I buy? (RedHeadPersephone x RoleplayMaster)

"I'm home." Garnet Greer dumped her purse on the table of her very empty apartment. She pulled the paperclip she was using to keep her bangs back out of her curly, red hair and tossed that on the table as well. She finished her after-work ritual by grabbing a hard lemonade from the fridge and flopping down on her couch.

Another Thursday, with the weekend looming on the horizon. While most people her age would be out at bars or clubs or with friends, all she had to look forward to was another lonely night of pizza and netflicks.

"I'm so pathetic," she moaned. It wasn't like she didn't try dating. She could get a first date easily, but something pushed everyone away. Garnet couldn't figure it out. She wasn't clingy, she always brought money to pay her own way, she was actually very beautiful, but they all said no thanks. And she tried everything to fix it. She even went out on a date with her gay best friend to have him critique her. His answer: It's nothing personal. I can't think of a thing you did wrong, but you're not my type.

She nearly pointed out that, duh, she wasn't his type. But he had nothing. She was her normal charming self, and he liked hanging out with her as a friend.

Garnet took a swig of her hard lemonade and noticed something by the door. It was a piece of paper. Curious, she went over and read it. Are you tired of being lonely? Do you need some companionship? Why not get a pet? Try one of our pets for a few days to see if you are compatable. Try before you buy at Devon's Pet Shop

"Oh, a pet! I could get one of those." Garnet knew her building allowed pets, and she could afford the fee. Maybe a little puppy or a kitty. No, no cats. She's only 21. Way too young to be a crazy cat lady.

Garnet called the number and put in an order for a pet. Oddly, they never asked her what kind she wanted. She mentioned dog a few times, hoping they would get the drift. Her puppy would arrive by the time she got home from work the next day.

She couldn't wait. On needles all day, she could barely contain herself. A cute little puppy who would love her. Not as good as a boyfriend, but a puppy also wouldn't watch football all the time.

On her way home, she stopped by the pet store and picked up a few needed items; a bowl, a collar, a leash, some toys, and some treats. When she got home, what was sitting by her door was not a puppy.

Back
Top Bottom