Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Another world, whether you like it or not (Lounger x MellowYellow)

"Mmhm. This is my ma's favourite recipe. Usually ya save it for when someone's feelin' sick or sad, but it makes for a great soup all the same," the busty anthro remarked. Fortunately all her fur seemed to stay firmly in place on her curvaceous frame, not a single follicle falling off to spoil the broth. "Alrighty, nice and steamy... that should be hot enough. Just be careful when you're starting on this Alex, don't want you burning your tongue off by accident." With swift handwork from a ladle and varnished wooden bowl, she soon had a container filled with the steaming orangey liquid. Galil led him to a small table and set the bowl down for him. "Want some bread or anythin' to dip with, or will the spoon be enough?"

Sick or sad? Well, Alex certainly wasn't feeling 100% at the moment, so a soup like that might certainly help to perk him up a little bit. He watched her cook carefully, watching for signs that she might have been wearing some kind of strange costume, but even his close examination found nothing at all, she seemed to be the real deal after all. He followed her to the table and slowly sat down, the smell of the soup filling his nostrils. His cheeks flushed slightly from some of the unfamiliar herbs and spices, almost going dizzy for a brief moment. He did have to wonder if this was safe for humans to eat, but it wasn't like he had much choice. There weren't the facilities for a detailed examination, and he would have to eat something sooner or later or he would just starve to death anyway. "Some bread would be very good, thank you" He picked up the spoon, taking a bit of the soup and blowing on it gently to cool it before having a taste.

Sure enough the soup did have a clear tang of chicken to it, but that was mixed with a texture of exotic leafy vegetables and fine spices that added a great deal of flavour to the steaming broth. Galil nodded with that signature fanged grin resting on her attractive furry face, turning and moving back into the main body of the kitchen. After a few moments of rummaging the taller woman padded back into view holding a few slices of wholegrain bread sliced off a larger loaf. Nothing alien about that, just looked like ordinary bread. "Here ya go hon. Feel free to dip as much as ya' please," she said cheerily.

((Sorry for the delayed response. I've been away for just over a week, expected to have normal internet access, but it was stupidly restrictive ><))

Alex had never tasted anything quite like this before. There was something that tasted like chicken, but whatever had been used to season it gave it a very unique and distinct flavour unlike anything back home. Fortunately it was a rather pleasant taste as well, so he quite happily tucked into the soup. When she handed him the bread, he smiled and thanked her before dipping it into the soup. The bread at least tasted about the same as back home, perhaps some things were just a constant. After all, how different could plain old bread be? "This soup is very good. Some of the ingredients are clearly unlike anything we have back where I come from, but they have a pleasing taste" In the back of his mind Alex was still rather concerned about any potential effects of eating such 'alien' food, but when faced with taking the risk or starving to death, he'd take the risk. He was far too important to die after all. "I can see what you were talking about earlier as well, I don't think I saw a single male since we arrived in town. Is it really that big of a problem here? Are the cities the same?"

"Honestly I ain't too sure. They got larger populations, so there's probably more men mingled in than here... to my knowledge the problem is just here in Wake..." The foxy female stroked her chin and gave it some more thought "Yeah... I think it's just our town." She headed back to her kitchen, retrieved a large purple fruit marked by rings of bumps. She bit into it and started eating, and Galil's long tongue was quick to slurp around and catch the excess juices fleeing with each bite. "Weird..."

"I see....I wonder if there's any way to help....I've dabbled with biological sciences before" That much was true, a few years ago Alex had been toying around with a biological side-project when he had run into a dead end with his Dimensional gateway. In particular he had been playing with the idea of curing infertility. His prototype serum had been tested on himself, though the results had been far more potent than expected, leaving him with such virility that a single drop of his semen would guarantee pregnancy. Unfortunately this was too potent for general use, and before he'd worked out how to weaken his formula he had gone back to the gateway project.
Alex took another bite of his bread after dipping it into the soup, looking up at Galil as she took a bite of her fruit. It was completely unlike any fruit he'd seen before, though he also watched as her rather long tongue flicked out and slurped up the excess juices....it was rather....erotic. The boy couldn't help but blush slightly as he watched her, then quickly looked away into his soup in order to resume eating it.

Back
Top Bottom