Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A few little bites... Comments open

Biting Girl

Super-Earth
How does one of these things work, exactly? What if I read someones journal post, and want to respond?

Anywho. I'm laying in bed with a sudden fever, vertigo, and it's hard to breath. I can't afford to miss more work, damn it! My bosses basically told me that my health is not their concern, and they'll drop me real quick. So, getting sick is not an option.

Been having fun here tho, playing some great games! Enjoying delving into stories again. It's been so long since I rp'd. Trying new things too. Like a sub role. I just can't seem to get into it for some reason. :-/

Eventually I'll be back to writing 5-10 paragraphs at a time. Just gotta stretch out, crack my nuckles, and get back into it.

RE: A few little bites...

Do you remember where you were, and what you were doing on this day, 13 years ago? I do.

I was sitting in my 1 bedroom apartment, flipping through channels when I saw a clip of the first Twin Tower burning. The news said that a plane had flown into it. At the time, they had no clue that it was intentional. I watched the tv, my hand over my mouth. As I watched the second plane strike the other tower, I screamed. What the fuck was going on? What was this?

And that's when word got out of 2 other hijackings in air. I couldn't move or even think and comprehend what was going on. Why was this happening??

Then people started jumping out of the towers to their deaths. I was crying as I watched body after body falling. The chaos on the ground matched by the chaos above it. Smoke and ash filled the air as sirens blared, people screamed, and questions remained.

Fuck, I'm getting emotional just writing this.

And then the second tower to be hit fell... and then the first. Both of the magnificent towers gone in under 3 or 4 hours. Was this even possible? An attack on our land? Our people? Our lives...

This day marks the 13th anniversary of the most significant attack of modern times. So many lives were lost that day. Not just those who worked in the towers. Not just those on the planes. Lives of those who came to help. Who tried to save as many people as possible, before they almost certainly lost their own life.

I can still picture the faces of those crying, screaming. Scared and lost and confused. Those words describe the faces they showed on tv.

If you werent around to see the images, or don't fully understand the significance of today, for both America AND the world, I strongly suggest you look up the movie 9/11 from 2002. It shows so clearly the horror of that day, and the days to follow.

Today, I honor those who serve, those who've given the ultimate sacrifice, and those who fight in the name of Freedom. Military and Civilian alike. God Bless America. Land that I love. Stand beside her, and guide her.... my home sweet home.

I'm currently sitting outside of our local hospital. My mom is in the ER. This is an almost monthly thing for us. She has Diabetes, and subsequently Gastroperesis because of it. I think I spelled that right. Basically it causes nausea, vomitting, high bp, and severe pain in the upper gi.

My phone is about to die as well. And I'm also having pain, especially when I stand or walk, in my extreme lower abdomen. Me having pain is not new, due to my long list of medical issues, but the pain in this area is new. So yeah, fun stuff.

Anywho, if you are waiting on a reply from me, either through pm or the boards, I apologize as it won't be untl tomorrow, probably. :(

I am sooooo effing tired. *Yawn* Spent the majority of the night in the ER with my mom. She's ok, btw. Feeling much better and is finally able to speak properly again. Heh.

And then, even after I got home and laid down in the bed, I still couldn't sleep for pain. My stupid lower abdomen was hurting sooo bad that no matter how I moved, it would send sharp shooting pain through me, causing me to kinda groan. Ugh. And I had to be up at 6:30 for work this morning. Needless to say, my eyes are burning from exhaustion as I only got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night. Blah.

On the plus side tho, today is FRIDAY! And I've got some Caramel Creams sitting here beside me with a nice cup of sweet iced tea. :)

So, a little more aboot me. Yes, I spelled that the way I wanted to. Lol. Along with having 2 little boys, we've also got 3 cats. We adopted Wesson, our pretty black cat, from a shelter. She's our hider/bitch cat. When she's not in the mood, she'll let you know real quick by ripping open your skin. It's probably why she's my favorite of the three. Lol. She was the first in the family. Then, about 3 months later, a friend of mine said she was going to have to give up her cat because they were moving. He came already fixed and shots and potty trained. So, we took him in and renamed him Smith. He's dumb as a box of rocks, but we love him.

THEN... about 2 months ago I got a call from the hubby while he was at work. He asked me to come pick up 2 kittens they'd found hiding behind a car tire, and take them to the Humane Society. Yeah.... take them I did. I just didn't take them to the HS. Lol. We are good friends with a couple who love animals. The husband worked at a pet store for many years before moving on, and the wife is a Vet tech at the Vet's office we take the cats to. I called her up and asked her to come see the kittens. They were sooo tiny! We guesstimated that they were about 2-2.5 weeks old. Not yet able to walk, and could barely keep their eyes open. There was a black one and an orange striped one. I was determined to keep one and take good care of him. Since we already had a black cat, we decided to keep the orange one.

We bottle fed that little guy for weeks on end. And I had to help him go potty. In case you've never reared a cat, I will tell you what it means to make them go potty. You have to rub their genitals with a warm wet cloth to release their urine and bowels. The mother cat, were she there to take care of the kittens, would have licked them with her tongue.

Whelp, the urine part wasn't a problem. Although we'd named him Herstal (after the gun manu company, FN Herstal), his nickname and subsequent middle name became Peebody. Yes, I spelled that correctly. Not like the dog. But literally, because if you even accidentally touched his pee pee area, he'd pee all over you.

Now the pooping... not so much. That poor baby had to have so many enemas, it wasn't funny! Gross. Now I know why I never went into nursing. Although my mom tells me I would have been a wonderful nurse with as kind and gentle as I am. I'm her nurse when she's unable to do things for herself or she ends up in the hospital. But I digress.

So yep, here are some pics of the kitties for your amusement. I will say this, Wesson has the SOFTEST fur I think I've ever touched. She literally feels like her fur is made of Satin! Seriously, I wish my hair was that soft. I'm jealous that my cat has better hair than me. Lol.

P.S. The friends that took the black kitten and reared him, named him Mjölnir. That's the name of Thor's hammer, for all of you non nerds out there. ;)

hpCj85b.jpg

mdSOUcE.jpg

XtT6l1Y.jpg

7Rb9qKA.jpg

QtitcaH.jpg

MkQC8ls.jpg

Alrighty then! Finally all caught up on my games. Woot!

Supposed to be a beautiful day here on the East Coast, in the 70's. Taking the kids to the park today. Hopefully it won't be too wet from the rain we got yesterday. Not sure what we are doing after that. But hopefully I'll be able to reply to any RP's as the day goes on.

My pain has been well controlled for the past 2 days. Which is a welcome relief. Now, if only I didn't have pain at all! That would be above amazing.

My mom is doing much better since being in the ER on Thursday night. She's heading to spend a few days with some friends, and I'm always nervous that something will happen while she's away. So my brain will be filled with those thoughts until she returns.

This is a relatively boring journal post. Lol. Sorry if you came hoping to be entertained. None such here today.

Y'all have a wonderful day today! I'll be poking my head in from time to time. :D

Thinking about the roads we choose

I want to write a whole post about the direction my life has taken, and how pissed off I am by the situations I find myself in because of the decisions I've made.

But I can't. Because you wouldn't understand, and I'd look like a shitty person. So yeah. :/

Work has been CRAZY busy lately, and it absolutely killed my back on Thursday. The shitty weather we had this week didn't help either in my flare up. Thank God for good meds. This chronic pain thing as been really hard, not just on me, but on my family and friends. In fact, I've lost quite a few friends since my diagnosis. Some people just can't understand that when you're in too much pain to even get out of bed, you can't go out to the party or walk around the Renn Faire. :/ Seriously speaking, NO ONE understands unless they are also plagued with chronic pain. It's not necessarily a bad thing. I'd honestly rather no one have to go through this. I may be sadistic in nature, but I'm not cruel.

Speaking of cruelty, I had a conversation with a friend yesterday. We were speaking about being cruel. He was trying to tell me that being cruel was the same as being sadistic. I disagree. Sadistic people hurt others because they get a good feeling from it. Be it happiness, or arousal. Whatever it is, they do it to gain that feeling. Cruel people hurt others because they HAVE no feelings. There's nothing there to gain from being cruel. They do it because they simply do not care about anyone else but themselves.

SO yeah, I'd say there is a difference between the two. What do you think? Comments open.

RE: A few little bites... (Comments Open)

Anyone else here have chronic conditions/diseases that they have to deal with on a daily (or almost daily) basis?

Today has been hell on earth for me. But really, since Friday it's been pretty bad. Friday at work I passed a small kidney stone. Had to keep working. Thank God for pain meds. Saturday was ok, and actually got out and did some fun thrifting. But today... well, let's just say that today is one of those days that I'd prefer to have a sitter so I could sit in my bed all day long.

It started out with severe body pain, due to my Fibromyalgia. But about 30 minutes ago is when it really turned into a shitty day. I have Sporadic Hemiplegic Migraines. Click the name to read about them if you are curious. But the tl;dr of it is, these migraines cause stroke-like symptoms in the victims of it. No two migraines are alike. With mine, I very rarely have severe head pain with it, usually it feels like a regular headache. I also don't have sensitivity to light and sound, like most migraine sufferers do.

Instead, I get total weakness/paralyzation on my left side. My speech becomes slowed and slurred. My cognitive function plummets to very low levels. My gait (walking) becomes turned in and extremely slow. My general movements are also slowed. And the severe fatigue makes it almost impossible to stay awake. And the worst part is, the more of these migraine episodes I have, the more my brain/body will be permanently affected. My cognitive function seems to be the part that's had long lasting effects, but my left side being very weak is a close second.

I had my first migraine when I was Skyping with my sister Kat, who lives in WA state. She and my husband became extremely concerned, thinking that I'd had a stroke. In fact, the ER had no experience with these types of migraines. I had to do my own research, and present the diagnosis to my Neurologist who admitted that she hadn't even thought of that diagnosis, and confirmed it to be what I have.

There are 2 different types of these migraines. Familial, which means it's hereditary. And Sporadic, which means I don't have the gene that causes these migraines, Although I do worry that even tho mine are sporadic, that I could possibly pass on the probability of them affecting my children.

Anyways, this was just a post for me to complain in. Lol. And to give anyone who really cared to know, a bit of background on what I deal with from time to time. Maybe next time I'll write about my other health problems. Heh.

Have a great night everyone!!

WARNING The following post will seem a bit preachy, but NOT in a Religious way. Fuck that shit. Lol. All comments are open.

I HATE people who judge. People who judge others in any way, shape, or form, disgust me. I know that's hypocritical, cause we all judge. But I at least try NOT to, and see the other persons side, or their point of view, or why they do/say/feel/are the way they are.

And, I mean, ANY judgement. I get judged as a drug seeker at the hospital ALL the FUCKING TIME, simply because I am a Chronic Pain Patient and am only there when I'm in serious pain. IE: when my gallbladder was shot, or kidney stones. Because of this "label", I've refused pain meds when needed at the ER, and have even suffered through kidney stones and Sporadic Hemiplegic Migraines http://www.webmd.com/migraines-head...e-headaches-symptoms-causes-treatments?page=2 at home, because I HATE being judged for something that I have ZERO control over. I suppose it's because of my age and that I'm "too young" to be this ill with this many problems. That's no excuse.

I also hate it when people judge you without even knowing you or knowing anything about you. When they automatically label you as something or another based on your appearance, or what someone else has said to them. I don't do that. My best friend and 10 of her sisters could tell me that someone is a bad person, and spend hours telling me why. I couldn't care less. I'd still approach them with the knowledge that sometimes we are more than what we seem, and that everyone is different and everyone deserves to be given the same chances as anyone else.

You know the saying, "Make the first impression a good one"? I believe that EVERY impression should be a good one. You should always show people the real you, and allow them to decide if you're the kind of person they want in their lives. If so, great! If not, move on.

And those that judge you unfairly, you don't need them in your life. :-/

Back
Top Bottom