Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Super Soldier Vengeance (Crystalia & EternalEclipse)

Crystalia

Planetoid
Alexandria Thomas was barely twenty-two years old when she had been given a position among the scientists in the facility where she had grown up. Much like many of the children of the many military and science officers that made a home among the workings of the Olympus Project, Lex had never left the top secret facility until she had been appropriately vetted. Her schooling, her home, everything took place in the various sublevels that made the project home underground. It had been a rare occasion as she was growing up if she had even seen the sun herself when her parents decided on a picnic.

Her father, Andrew Thomas, was one of the Heads of the project itself but Lex hadn’t found that out until recently. Before that all she knew was that as she was growing up she was brought down to the lower sublevels on occasion where she would talk to the boys and girls being held there. All of them were older than she was, but she had always tried to be their friend, to smile at them and show them something they hadn’t seen much of from what she could tell.

So many of the scientists were stoic and barely knew how to smile, even her parents had trouble showing emotion with her. So it was, she heard about something going wrong with one of the ladies that got pregnant and when she was below and saw what had happened it horrified her, it also made her decide then and there that she was going to join the research team and try to make certain it would never happen again.

All during her high school years, she did extra studies so that by the time she graduated high school she already had two years of her college degree behind her. Finally, after a few more years she was done and her final year of college had been outside of the facility among people. She spent the time learning more about life but she didn’t let herself become entangled with anyone, not wishing to have any distractions.

Eight months ago, she returned to the Olympus Project grounds and began working with the scientists, that’s when she first learned about the practices they had been doing even before she was born. She learned about the electroshock therapy, the testing of the subject’s pain threshold by whipping, cutting, shocking and other things. She found out about how some of the subject’s had limbs removed just to see if they would grow back. Worse than learning about it, was seeing it firsthand, seeing the results of the abuse. Secretly, she decided she wasn’t going to allow it to continue, so she started planning to aid in their escape.

Now, there was a part of her regretting that decision. Almost six hours ago she put her plan into action, she had found someone to make her an EMP and she knew the easiest way to get everyone free was with that but she didn’t expect the chaos that came when the timer she put on it went off and all the magnetic locks on the cells came free. She saw her mother torn to shreds and her father was grabbed before she ran, tears flowing from her brown eyes down her cheeks. She had even tried to tell the subject’s that she was the one that set up to free them but still she was being chased.

She knew they had to be toying with her because despite the fact she kept herself active, she knew their speed capabilities and knew that she was no match, even if she didn't have the small extra weight on her.

Even those subjects that she had told how to leave once their cages were open didn’t seem to believe her and she found herself using the old fashioned keyed doors to lock which she knew would only slow them down. Nothing she knew of would stop the strongest of the super soldiers that had been created here. The DNA enhancements they received because of the splicing that was done with the DNA or predator animals would make them ferocious and highly unstable. The few that might have control were still dangerous.

She screamed as she rounded another corner in her haste to get away, by now the blood of some of the other colleagues covered her five foot seven frame, her lab coat had been discarded long ago. She had nearly made it to the entrance leading to the surface when she saw figures blocking her way. Turning she saw others behind her and she ran into a nearby room closing and locking the door even as she looked around and moved to try to hunker down in a corner behind crates. Maybe they would just leave, let her be left alone.

Her brown hair which usually hung in soft waving curls was currently matted with blood and she didn’t even want to think what else. Her white blouse and black dress slacks were ruined, she even had some tares in them from getting them caught on things as she ran. Even while she tried to hide, she knew it was useless, knew that they could hear her heart racing, smell her and she had a hard time keeping her sobs from being loud.

Hearing the door smash in, she whimpered, “Please… I’m the one that set of the pulse to get you free, please… I don’t want to die.” She was pleading without looking up, not wanting to see her death coming.

His life, like all the others started off the same way. Before the conception the life was planned out ahead of time for the egg and sperm. Genes mixed with that of animals. For him though he had been given the opportunity to receive a rare gene from the pool they were selecting from. The South China Tiger was near extinction and though it was protected by law it didn't stop the scientist in their hunt for the best DNA they could possibly used. Fused within the human genes the animal took hold and they were ready. Zhu Rong was born like all the rest. With the name of the Chinese fire god he was labeled a soldier from the first moment he took his breath. To a mother whom wasn't his, into a place that saw him as merely a object to be poked and prodded. Like the rest of his brothers all emotion erased or beaten from. No love, no happiness, no sadness or depression. They could not show anything but hatred and rage. That is what built a soldier and that is what the scientists wanted. Perfect soldiers that would not stray from their path or go against orders. Whenever they looked upon an enemy they would tear them to shreds. Zhu felt nothing and never had. His eyes always blank emotionless pits to those he was forced to look at.

He had been lucky. Lucky enough. Many of his brothers had been used in trial experiments or randomly selected for tests that proved nothing in the long run. Zhu Rong did what he was told. Told to kill. Told to mate. Told to sit, stay, sleep, pee, eat and stand. He was a perfect little soldier to the scientist whom monitored him. Of course while he stood there staring blanklessly back at them his mind continued giving him images of their deaths. Of their heads being ripped from their bodies and their guts spilling onto the cold metal floor. He was silent. He was cold. But that didn't mean he wouldn't enjoy killing every scientist that came in his path. When it had been twenty-nine years since his birth he was given a chance to do so. A chance he wouldn't let slip by. A young girl. One he'd seen before when he had been laying on the cold metal table while the other scientists took his blood. He couldn't forget her. Always memorizing faces and figures. New people would automatically be subject to his memorizing. He made sure he knew who it was he would kill before doing so.

When the cages opened and the killing began Zhu Rong was among the first to taste his first blood. His six foot one frame wasn't the largest when it came to some of his brothers but he was well fit after years of training and special drug enhancements. Body like a rock he could easily punch down a stone wall or crack someones head between his hands. Like all the soldiers here there was no stopping them. His first kill was fast and the other man couldn't even cry out for help as his scalp was ripped from the top of his head. His other kills easy enough. He had counted ten scientists that had earned their fate by his hands.

Seeing his brothers Zhu Rong stood and watched the chaos unfold around him. Hate. Hate for all the people who did this to not only him but his brothers as well. The thin shirt he had been wearing with his ID number written across it was removed and wrapped around his arm as he slowly started from cage area into the larger hallway. Screams of agony and the sounds of snapping bones echoed off the walls. Music to his ears. He paused when passing one room upon seeing a few of his brothers forcing themselves on a few of the female scientists. Pent up sexual frustration and rage seemed to be mixed in the scent they let off.

Glancing back down the hallway he made his way down the long corridor before turning the corner to see a figure running at him. The girl. He knew her. Narrowing his eyes he watched as a few of his brothers attempted to ram the door down where she was hiding. Their faces derived of emotion but he could tell what they were feeling. "Stop." Zhu walked over, his eyes on the males when they paused in their attacks on the door. "This one is mine." His heated filled amber eyes stared right at them as he slowly walked over to the door. "There are more on the forth floor. Fill your needs there."

There was a mumble among them before they left and headed toward the stairs, leaving him standing there in front of the door. Glancing at it it only took a single kick to knock it fully down and he moved to stand before the girl. His emotionless gaze stayed the same as he slowly knelt before her, his stance nothing more then a predator looking at its prey. His brownish/black hair pasted against his heads from the blood that had mixed in with it. "You know who I am do you not Alexandria Thomas." His gaze never faltered away from hers as he reached out with one hand to clamp down on a few of her curly brown locks. "If you want to live. I would suggest you follow me. If you run. I will kill you slowly." He said it matter of factually, like it was an everyday thing for him to say. Standing he stared down at the girl, his hands sticking to his sides. "Lead us to an exit. We shall escape there."

Lex was shaking, her arms wrapped around herself as she heard the steps coming toward her and waited for the death blow, the pain. When nothing came and she heard the voice, her gaze slowly lifted, fear wafting off her and in her gaze. “Y… yes, I know who you are Zhu Rong.” She shivered at his words, her eyes wide and winced when he reached down touching her hair. She hated the whimper that sounded from her at his threat and stood on unsteady legs.

She felt so cold, like that would never be warmth inside her again. The images of all the carnage she had seen would haunt her for what little of her life she had left. She doubted Zhu would let her go, it wouldn’t matter to any of them that she had set them free, she had risked everything to give them freedom. It should have been obvious that she would end up giving her life as well. She swallowed nervously as she started forward, her arms still wrapped around her. A few times as she led the way from the room and toward the hidden stairs, the only way to get to the surface since she knocked out the main power grid, she had to catch herself on the wall when her legs threatened to buckle.

Once they were at the stairs and she had managed to take one flight, though it had been slow, she turned to face him, “There are… four levels before you can reach the surface entrance. I… I’ll only slow you down, Zhu… I… need to… to destroy this place… so all this carnage won’t be for nothing… I want the records destroyed so they can’t do this again…” She was being honest even as she was terrified. She didn’t want all the death that had been caused because of her hasty actions to be for nothing. She started off wanting to free the subjects, let them have a chance to choose their path but she had intended on destroying all the research data, anything that could point the way to the subjects should the military decide to attempt a recapture.

She leaned against the wall as she looked at him, “They… trained you in explosives right?” She hesitated before saying, “You can place explosives, set a timer for twenty minutes and we can announce that there are explosives set for everyone to evacuate. Please… if… if I am going to die… let me die knowing… I did what I could… to set things right.” Her gut clenched and she swallowed another lump of fear as she added, “I won’t run… I just… stairs will take me longer to get all the way up. I’m only human and not in perfect shape.” Sure she did some fitness but it wasn’t as often as it should have been.

As the girl walked forward he to followed after her. She was afraid, he could smell it. Like a rabbit being stalked by a wolf he knew by the way she moved and the scent of her fear she was afraid of him. While he'd never personally interacted with her before all this his eyes studied her body and movements just like he had when he first laid his eyes on her back in his cell. Unlike the females whom he was made to couple with before the breakout began they were mostly like him while this girl was fuller and spread out. She was thicker and from what he gathered most likely had extra weight from over eating. This woman was soft and fat compared to the others but something about her was different.

The woman he had taken did as they were told and he had no issues with mounting and filling their wombs. This woman while she was fearful of him wasn't one trained from birth. She had had her free choices and from what he remembered spoke out of turn against another scientist. While he knew not why he enjoyed watching her before he now knew that she was his. No questions asks. The animal inside of him already demanded that he take her as his own.

When they got to the stairs she started speaking, her voice filled with fear but also a hint of something else. What was it? Tilting his head he listened and once she was silent he glanced up the stairs before back to her "You will show me where I will place the explosives." He paused before his eyes scanned the hallway behind him before turning back to her. "You will be coming with me."

Narrowing his gaze his hand moved like lightning and seized her chin before he leaned closer to her "You are weak and stupid. A naive girl to think that by releasing my brothers and I you were doing the world a favor. But my animal has already claimed you. You are mine and I will bury myself within you once we escape." He was blunt and there was no emotion in his eyes as he let go of her chin. "You will not die here tonight Alexandria Thomas." Taking a step back he crossed his arms over his chest and waited for her to move. She'd have no say in this nor did she have a choice. If she wanted to fight back he would happily return the favor.

Lex shuddered when he informed her that he was planning to rape her, even if that’s not the way he said it, but that’s basically the way it sounded. She would rather die than suffer such a heinous act but the fear of dying the way she had seen so many others die also kept her from speaking out at the moment. Her jaw clenched as she glared at him for a moment before she turned away and began taking the stairs though she had to go slower than he would have to. Contrary to what most believed though when they looked at her, Lex’s weight had nothing to do with eating too much, it was from a disorder with her metabolism. She had never been a tiny girl and for the most part she wasn’t all that worried about it, sure there were times that she felt that she was inferior especially when compared to the females that had been created as test subjects here.

But, she knew that she was healthy despite the fact that she was plus size, she ate healthy, did her exercise when she could, took care of herself whenever she could. “There are blue prints up here,” she said, refusing to respond to anything else that he had said other than one other thing, “And please… can you stop calling me by my first and last name…? I am called Alex, Lex or Lexi. Hell, just calling me Alexandria would be fine too, but constantly adding the Thomas part is annoying.”

She felt anger at his calling her weak and stupid, calling her naïve. How dare he? While she was still filled with fear she was also angry and she was grateful for the anger because it helped her put one foot in front of the other while she walked up the steps. By the time she reached the landing leading to the floor she needed she stopped and leaned against the wall, holding her side which she was feeling pain piercing her side. They had gone up over fifty stairs, something she wasn’t used to and she was breathing heavy.

After she caught her breath, she opened the door and walked through making her way into the nearby office where she went to a desk, kneeling down to reach under the desk to a hidden compartment where she withdrew the hidden blue prints and placed them open on the desk. Taking out a couple of markers she marked a few places in red and a few in black as she explained, “The red are where the explosives need to be placed to have the best impact, the black are where they are stored.”

She reached into another drawer and drew out a hair tie, drawing back her blood matted medium brown hair into a pony tail to get it out of her face as she looked at him. “Look, I get it… you think that I am a fool for freeing your kind, which is fine, you can think that. I freed your kind because I didn’t want to see you being abused and used anymore. When I found out what they had been doing all these years it sickened me. It isn’t right. Maybe you don’t give a damn. I don’t know, but what I do know is that I couldn’t have lived with myself if that had continued.” Tears welled up in her eyes again, “I didn’t… I didn’t think about the destruction… the deaths… my actions would cause… I wasn’t trying to do the world a favor; I was trying to give your people the chance to live normal lives without abuse.”

The swirling emotions inside her made her a bit braver for a moment and she found herself stepping up to him, poking her finger into his chest ignoring her still flowing tears as she continued, “But don’t for one minute think I’m stupid. If I were stupid I would think it would be easy to get away from you. I am fully aware how strong you are, how fast you are and that you are the perfect hunter so even if I thought I could escape, I know you could find me. Which is why I am going to say this once, I cannot move as quickly as you can, if you want to escape here before reinforcements arrive and before your own kind decide that they will challenge you just to add my body to the others, it will be faster and more efficient if you go plant the explosives and come back for me.”

She knew once the adrenaline from her anger and frustration wore off she would probably return to being nothing more than a sobbing mess and she knew that with her finger poking into his chest she was making a foolish move but she couldn’t stop herself. She didn’t even want to think about his comments about claiming her, she would have to face that later, right now she just wanted to survive and get out of here.

He could tell by her face she was not happy about this. While his own expressions were very limited to a few, roughly being that of anger or rage, he knew what other facial emotions looked like. It was part of his training as a child. If you knew your opponents emotion than you could easily manipulate them.

As she started up the stairs he moved behind her but said nothing as they climbed. He had patients. He could wait. Of course this woman seemed to continue to rave about how he shouldn't call her by her full name. "I have no use for other names. Names mean an attachment and I have no need for those. You are simply a useful tool for me in here and out there. Once we escape I plan on using your body to satisfy my need to procreate." Like an animal the only thing on Zhu's mind was to survivor. To escape this place. To find a shelter and food. To take his mate and breed with her until she grew fat with his children. Just like an animal that was all he knew and all he was driven to do.

The scientist made sure they created the perfect hunter and removed anything that might cause softness. Zhu didn't bat an eye if he smashed a man's skull in. He didn't care if the female underneath him cried out in pain when he took her. Those emotions and any thought of care were wiped away by years of training and torture. Now that the people who kept him cage were gone he was free to go about his life in a similar fashion.

When they got to the top of the stairs he waited for her to catch her breath though glancing downward say a few of his brother's softly following them. Their eyes were on the girl who seemed oblivious to the fact they were being followed. Once they entered the room he stared down at the blueprints and memorized them before turning back to the girl. He felt something soft against his chest and stared down at her poking him. Normally he would have easily ripped her arm off but he let the girl rant for a few more moments before reaching down to clamp his hand over hers and bring it up higher to his face. Staring at them for a moment he did nothing before lowering his hand and releasing her. "I will be back. I suggest you lock the door while I am gone. A few of my brothers feel the need to try and claim you as well."

With that he turned and left her there alone, not worried about her trying to escape without him. She was right about that. He'd hunt her down and punish her if she tried escaping without him. As the map was clear in his mind he stopped to grab a few supplies before finding his way to the military section of the building. Inside bodies were thrown and mutilated while most of the items still lined the walls. Guns, armor and other things were all neatly kept on hooks or in lockers. It was easy enough to find explosives and grabbing what he needed, he only paused to grab a large metal cross bow and a quiver full of arrows from one of the lockers.

Usually used as a punishment for those who did not do as they were told the arrows were sharp enough to split through skin and bone. Nasty buggers. Swinging it onto his back he followed the map in his head to where he needed to lay the dynamite and easily had it ready within a few moments. Standing back up he made his way back toward the woman as he kept his eyes open for any survivors. The need to rip something apart was still beating through his veins but the girl was not an option. She had many other uses he needed her for.

Lex bit her tongue rather than respond to his coldness, her eyes glaring at him despite the fear she was also feeling. When he left, she locked the door behind him, using all four locks on the door before she went back to looking through filing cabinets, desk drawers and anything else she found. She knew it was wrong, even felt sick doing it, but when she came to any cash she took it and did the same with any jewelry. Since she would have to go on the run, she knew she would need more than what she had already been putting away the last few months while she plotted their release.

Anything that she found that could be used as a weapon, she hid on her person, that was until she found a dart gun behind the filing cabinet and hiding in the back of the bottom drawer were a good stock of tranquilizer darts. Her hands shaking, she began to load the gun with a few of the darts. He said there were others out there and she was determined that she was going to try to protect herself. It didn’t matter that she had never shot any form of gun before and that her hands were shaking. Her stomach was in knots and she felt sick but when she heard the sounds coming closer, growls and snarls, she knew that she was at risk again.

When the first slam against the door came, she couldn’t stop the squeal that came from her throat but after, each attempt even watching the many dents on the metallic door she bit back her cries and held the dart gun at the ready in her shaking hands. She doubted that it was Zhu trying to knock down the door because he knew she was in there and it would be easier and faster if he just called out her name or let her know in some way it was him.

It didn’t take long for her to realize that she was right, a clawed fist broke through the door and she was greeted by the site of one of the bear hybrids, his claws reaching to tear the door. She pulled the trigger on the dart gun several times without thinking, her panic building. Most of the darts failed to hit, but she did see a couple hit him and her hands were shaking as she tried to reload in time, hoping to get the reload done before the others with that male managed to rip open the door.

(sorry it's been a while I thought I posted before the 1st and just found that it didn't go through and had to rewrite)

He had turned the corner to see a group of others trying to break down the door the woman was hiding behind. A bear, wolverine and a couple of dog mixes by the scent they carried. Snarling he swung the crossbow around and loaded it with ease before lifting it up to eye level and squeezing the trigger. The closest dog hybrid yelped before falling to the ground dead with an arrow through his head. The bear didn't seem to notice or care as he continued to try breaking down the door. The other three turned and snarled at Zhu before moving toward him. The super soldier wasn't worried as they started circling him and merely kept his eyes on the bear mix who was almost through the door. At this point it seemed a lot of his brothers and turned into mindless killing machines since there had been no-one to stop them. Placing the crossbow on the ground he rolled his shoulders while glancing at the others around him. Most of these types centered on strength but Zhu knew how to easily deal with them. When the two dog soldiers leaped to attack he ducked and landed two crushing blows over their heads. While normally it would take a lot to kill a well tried soldier by human hands, Zhu knew right where to hit to knock them out and keep them down. Next he tackled the wolverine and took him out with a few well placed blows to his stomach and neck.

Getting up he heard the door finally give way and the woman screaming inside as the solider went after her. Picking up his weapon he ran into the room to see the girl on the ground holding her side as the other man stood over her ready to finish her off. Snarling Zhu aimed the crossbow and shot the other in the shoulder before dropping the weapon and jumping on his back. There was a tussle for a few moments before Zhu gripped the bear soldier's head and completely removed it from his body. The other's body slumped forward as his head went rolling out the door. Zhu didn't seem to care as he stumbled to the ground huffing for a few moments before getting up to grab the weapon and moving back to Lex's side. Seeing the blood caused him to frown just the slightest before he knelt beside her. "We have to go." He settled the cross-bow against his back once more before leaning forward to gently pick up the hurt woman and moved her against his chest. "Explosives are ready. They will go off in thirty minutes." Giving the room one last glance over he paused to grab a medical kit before leaving.

The woman whole side was bleeding but he didn't have time to really check it out. They needed to leave or they'd both end up dead. "Wrap your arms around my neck. I do not wish to drop you but if that happens you will be left." Running up the rest of the flight of stairs with a woman against his chest didn't seem to cause the other breathlessness or even a drop of sweat to roll off his forehead. He was used to such strain and his body could pushed passed the limits of normal men. At the top he spotted a red ladder that said EXIT and grabbing it he began to carry the woman and himself upward. For a few moments they were in pitch darkness before Zhu's hand hit something hard and he paused to push against it. This must be the exit hatch. Pressing his hands against it he growled as he began to push and soon enough the bending of metal could be heard before the door popped and Zhu pulled himself up out into a blast of chilly air. There was snow everywhere. Huffing he stood and held Lex closely before moving forward through the blazing snowstorm. He'd have to find some shelter or she'd be dead within an hour.

Glancing down at her he picked up his speed as his legs crashed against the hard packed snow. They had close to ten minutes left and he wasn't about to get caught in the blast. A few more moments walking through the snow and he could make out trees in the distance. At least it was something. When he got to the first tree there was a low rumble and glancing back he watched as fire was sent upward into the sky and the blast caused the wind to scatter. Clenching the woman Zhu was sent crashing into the snow and after a few tense moments of labored breathing he slowly got to his knees and turned to see the hole the explosives had created. Gritting his teeth he pressed his lips together before reaching behind him and feeling something hard between two of his ribs. Guess he had misjudged the blast zone. Picking the girl back up he ignored the pain as he continued to tumble through the snow and into the forest. He wasn't worried about the metal piece in his back. That would heal. Right now he needed to help the girl first.

Lex kept glancing up even as she tried to pay attention to reloading the dart gun, she could see the tranquilizer dart that hit the bear breed but apparently it wasn’t enough. When he managed to rip through she felt her heartbeat pounding and even with her fear of what Zhu wanted from her she wished he was there. She was just raising the dart gun again when the bear was on her, grabbing her arm in a vice like grip before slicing at her side which caused her to cry out at the pain. He tossed her down and she watched with horror as another large bear like paw was coming for her. She closed her eyes, clutching her hand against her side. She didn’t want to see her death coming.

Then she heard sounds of a fight and her eyes opened, watching as Zhu ripped the bear breeds head off, she trembled. When he lifted her, she winced, it was painful to be moved but she noted the strangely gentle way he tried. Maybe, she thought, maybe he wasn’t completely cold after all. As much as it hurt to do so, she tried to follow his directions and wrap her arms around his neck, the uninjured side was easy to move but the other hurt, burned from the four deep gashes.

Her right arm had no strain to worry about and was clutching his neck, her hand holding her left hand to force it to remain in place even though her wound was still bleeding and she knew that she could only survive for so long with the wound not being staunched. Each stair he carried her up, each rung of a ladder jostled her and her breathing became labored with the amount of pain she was in but other than an occasional whimper or soft cry of pain, she said nothing.

When they were out in the snow, she shivered, trying to bury herself closer to his warmth. She couldn’t stop the slight scream that sounded a mix of shock and pain as they were sent flying but she was still surprised that he was trying to protect her. “N-northeast… t-there’s a c-cabin... twenty-three miles from c-compound.” She spoke between her chattering teeth as the cold mixed with her body going into shock caused her to begin to shiver. “K-key is under th-third stair. D-door code f-for sec-secondary entry is Ch-charley…” she paused as a nasty shiver went through her, “Ah… hell… CDB5047.” The cabin may have looked like an older log cabin but inside was retrofitted with a strong security system that could be used to monitor the facility. It had also been the only place she had ever been outside of the compound before she went off to school because it had belonged to her parents.

That was until she was ten and they had changed it into a sort of monitoring station, “Th-there will be clothes, f-food, medicine and o-other things. We-we can’t stay m-more than a c-couple days and i-it will have to b-be destroyed t-to. F-further north a v-van waits, bl-black t-tinted windows. I-I was g-going to t-take as m-many of you a-as I could. K-keys t-taped behind l-left rear tire.” She was trying to give him as much information as she could in case she died from her wounds. “S-so c-cold… and t-tired…” She murmured, she was fighting to keep a grip on him.

Keeping his ear close to her mouth he listened carefully over the howls of the wind before nodding. "Roger." Adjusting his arms he kept her close as he stood and made his way through the thick layers of snow. His back continued to pound from the shard of metal but he ignored it. Zhu was good at that. When he had been experimented on he simply pushed the pain away from his mind. Same with this. The woman was already beginning to fade and that alone caused him to push himself faster and further.

Time slipped by slowly but soon he spotted the dark shape of the cabin she had told him of. His speed increased and soon he was at its doorstep. Entering the codes she gave and grabbing the key he made it into the small cabin and paused to see the lights slip on while bathing the room in light. The door was closed and locked behind him as he moved to lay the woman on a nearby cot. She wasn't doing so well. Frowning he reached her neck and found a weak pulse though she had already passed out while he had been hiking through the snow. Reaching forward he stripped the lab coat off her which gave him a clear few of her wounds. Her shirt had been torn in half with bits having from the rips in her skin. Luckily they weren't two deep but still bleeding either way.

Walking over to a nearby locker he opened the door and found medical kits within. He took one and walked back over to the woman's body. Removing her shirt next he couldn't help but let his eyes gaze over her pale skin before he went back to treating her side. Cleaning the blood away he took a needle from the kit and placed it into her arm. It would stop some of the pain though he still had to stitch her up. Once the wound was disinfected he opened another package and pulled a thin needle from within. It took over an hour before he was finished stitching up the woman. When he was done he placed a thermal blanket over her body and began to fix himself up.

Removing his shirt he never once winced as he reached behind him and pulled the piece of metal from his skin. When it was out he felt around a bit more to make sure no other metal objects had been lodged in his back before he attempted to stitch himself up. Unlike her, he did not use any numbing on himself.

Lex had no idea how long she had been out, she had tried as much as she could to cling to him and stay awake but at one point she just lost the fight and passed out. The first thing she realized even before she opened her eyes was that she was warmer, drawing in a pained breath, she smelled the familiar scent of old pine and knew they had made it. She tried to move and winced, her hand going to the wound where she realized two things simultaneously. One her shirt was gone and two the wound had been tended. She blushed at the thought that he had removed her shirt but she couldn’t be pissed about it, she understood the practicality of having to considering her wound.

Her eyes opened slowly and she looked around, licking her dry lips as she saw Zhu and noticed that he also had a wound of some kind considering the bandage he sported along the back side of his ribs. “Zhu, are you alright? You were injured,” despite how weak she was, the fact that she could hear the howling of the wind still outside, she knew she hadn’t had much time to heal yet, still her voice showed concern as she asked the question and if he looked at her, he would see the concern reflected in her deep brown eyes.

She was silent for a moment, her skin pale from the blood loss, her breathing was slow and ragged because if she took a deep breath her ribs sent pain through her but it wasn’t as much pain as she had earlier, she assumed he had given her something for the pain. “If you’ll help me sit up… I’d like to see it, make sure it’s healing properly,” there was nothing in her voice other than the concern and sincerity, yes she might be terrified of what might come but right now she wasn’t even thinking about that, she was thinking that he had saved her life.

She was thinking that he could have just left her to die out in the snow once he had all the information she had given him. Even now he could have been forcing himself on her and not caring about the pain it would cause or the risk to her life. So, instead of thinking about the things she might fear, she was thinking that maybe he had a side to him that was good and he was capable of more than he even realized. So, she offered him a smile as she spoke softly, “Thank you for saving my life, Zhu. For protecting me and seeing to my wounds instead of just leaving me to die in the elements.”

He really had expected her to be awake so soon. If she had been through treatments and had healed like he could than yes, she most likely would be able to awaken after a few sort hours of quick rest. But she was not a super soldier nor did she have any type of DNA implanted within her. It was a curious thing and Zhu reminded himself to take note on it for later. The wounds she had sustained would have usually knocked a normal person like her out for a few days at the most.

It had only been an couple hours since he had dragged them both inside this man-made shelter. While she had been asleep he had finished wrapping his wound and had gone looking for anything they could use within the station the scientists had used as an outpost. So far a few bags of MREs that could last them a week at most as well as a few jugs of water. In his hand was a small plastic cup that he had been drinking from but once she awake he held the cup in his lap and turned to her from the stool he had been sitting on. He'd never really left her side as he made sure to watch her breathing patterns and for anymore signs she might bleed out. Lucky for her she hadn't.

There was something about her eyes which caused him to frown as he wondered what that was. The hard cold glare that she had given him before was gone and this new expression... he was very unsure of it. It almost caused him to ask if she would stop looking at him in such a way but the order never left his lips. Through-out his life he was used to the cold stares and dead looks of the scientists. Never had he gotten a look such as the one she was giving him. Some might call it concern? He couldn't really be sure about that. Either way it caused some confusion to resonate within him and Zhu did not care for that at all.

"I'm fine." Zhu glanced away from that strange look she gave him but returned his gaze once she had asked him to help her sit up. "I already wrapped it and disinfected it. There is no need for you to spend energy helping me." Finally moving to his feet he walked a few steps before moving to sit beside her and offer her a drink from his cup. This woman had to be needing some type of liquid in her by now. When she said that she was surprised he didn't leave her in the snow he blinked and frowned even more. "I wouldn't have left you in the snow. You're more important to me alive." He paused as he narrowed his gaze at her before turning away. "You need to heal. It will probably take a while until you're back in fit condition. Once you can move without losing blood we'll head for the vehicle."

Even though he had rebuffed her asking to help her sit up she had begun to try anyway and sighing he finally helped her to a sitting position. "If I had known females like you were this stubborn." He mumbled slightly as he took the cup from her and placed it beside the bed. Zhu didn't really know how to act with this female. The female soldiers he had met were like him. They showed no emotion toward anything and happily accepted death if it was giving. This woman was... he couldn't really put words to describe her. "You should take care not to move anymore. I don't need a mate who will be cripple their whole life." More rude comments though he was merely stating the facts. Zhu still had need for the female and he would wait patiently for her to heal before taking her. He would have to find another place for them to stay out of course. He could survivor in this type of area. Her... he wasn't sure. Hopefully there was another cabin somewhere out within the wilderness they could claim as their own.

Lex might have been awake, probably too soon for it to be any good for her, but her concern had her ignoring her body at the moment. She felt weak, fatigued and knew she was probably extremely pale. Still, as she looked at him, she kept her concern clear. When he assured her he was fine, she nodded but still didn’t lose the concerned expression. When he told her he had tended it, she sighed but when he handed her the water, she carefully took a sip, her hand weakly holding the cup. At first, she was surprised by his response about not leaving her.

“You realize,” her words were coming a little slower because of the fatigue that still weighed heavily on her, “that it will be a few days before I can stay standing with this wound, I wouldn’t be able to make it through this snow on my feet and would just slow you down.” Her tone was light, her concern still clear as she spoke further, “You will have a better chance of surviving and making it out of here without me. There are… maps in the van in a small vault that has the same code as this building. I marked them with places I felt would be good safe houses.”

She was still determined despite her bodies weakness and the discomfort from the wound to sit up and began struggling, more than likely if he hadn’t come to help her she would have pulled some stitches out. Once she was sitting up against the bed frame, she had to take a few minutes to get her breathing back in order. Still, his comment on her being stubborn caused her to laugh. The laughter turning out to be a very bad thing to do as it sent sharp pains rushing through her side. It was a good thing he took the cup as he gasped and held her side, breathing through the pain and then leaned back, closing her eyes.

She didn’t want to die; she didn’t really want to be alone either. For the first time in her life, everything was so uncertain. At his last comment, her eyes opened and she shook her head weakly, an amused smile on her face despite some annoyance she felt, “So, we’re back to that are we?” She reached out a hand to put it on his nearby arm, though her hand ended up rather limp. “There’s something I don’t understand Zhu, why me? Why do you insist I am to be your mate when there were plenty of other women, even some of your own kind that would be better suited?”

Even as she was speaking, she was growing groggy again and her eyes closed as she sighed able to admit something only because she was so out of it and drifting off, “Why would you want someone that has never been intimate with anyone?” Her eyes blinked open several times as she tried to wait for his answer, not wanting to miss a word, but she was getting so tired she was afraid she would miss his response.

Most would have agreed with her and if it had been any other soldier they probably would have put the girl out of her misery before moving on. Zhu on the other hand had held that part back. The part that would kill the weak and find the strongest to bound with. Really, he wasn't entirely sure himself why he hadn't killed the human woman. She was weak, unfit and stupid compared to his kind. Surely others had survived and were out there roaming through the chilling blizzard. He could so easily rid himself of her and all the problems she brought with her. But Zhu felt a deeper need to keep her alive. "I know."

Turning his attention to her he closed his eyes for a moment before opening them once more "We have two days to rest before a search party is sent out to see if anyone survived. Enough food for a week tops. The vehicle most likely has enough gas for a day before it runs out. I've studied this area Alexandria..." He paused as her last name held on his tongue before he continued. "They made me study. South-west from here is an old hunting cabin. Whispers from a few of the scientists while they roamed the cell halls confer that it has been abandon for sometime. We will live there until the winter months subside and we can find another place. You will stay with me."

His eyes followed her arm and he felt the limp flesh touch his hardened muscles. There was no worry of attack from her and so he did not tense up but the touch itself caused his eyes to narrow before he looked back to her. Her next question was probably the hardest to really answer. Most likely some of the female soldiers had survived and they would make the better choice for a mate. Baring the strongest offspring. After all, he was bred for that. To create better and stronger soldiers. Within his DNA pumped the need to produce strong offspring and survive in the harsh world man created. Mulling the question over he turned his gaze away from her while he thought. "I do not want you." His answer finally came before he turned back to her. "You are right. There are better woman out there but when I first laid eyes on you within that closet my beast had claimed you. I cannot claim another."

Finally taking her hand off his arm he helped her lay back down onto the bed and moved so that he was looming over her. His nose inches from hers as his hands were on either side of her head though he continued to sit beside her. "They used me for the purpose of breaking females. I was among a few of the soldiers to do so. My penis is not as thick as some of the others and it was easier to break them of their virginity. Plus, you being solid doesn't alter the fact you can still have a child." Leaning over closer his nose pressed against the base of her neck as he slowly took in her scent. "In time you will spread your legs and welcome me inside you. I will pump my seed into your womb. You will have my children." Pulling back his eyes locked onto her gaze though they were not as cold as before. "Now of course you shall rest." He pulled back and stood as he moved to get himself another cup of water.

Lex listened to Zhu and though she was fading in and out, trying to stay awake, her lips curled into a smile when he refrained from using her last name. To her that was a sign that there was some form of progress being made. When he spoke of where they would go, she gave a weak nod. And when he got to answering her question about why he wanted her, she knew there was a hint of hurt in her gaze when he said he didn’t want her. She tried to ignore how it felt to have him agree that there were better women.

It wasn’t as though she hadn’t expected it; she was heavy set, not morbid but had a few extra pounds. She knew she wasn’t drop dead gorgeous but she had never thought she wasn’t at least mildly pretty. Still, as he continued she realized what it was that had happened. She had read about that in the studies being done, the concept that there were some Breed’s that had their animal choose their mate and after that their bodies wouldn’t respond for any other female and only that female could then give him heirs.

When he spoke about sex and then made his comment on her weight, she kept her eyes closed to hide more hurt. His nose pressing against her neck though caused her to shudder and the following words caused her to open her eyes. Despite her mind, she felt a strange heat fill her lower body from just the words he spoke. Her mind was whirling as she looked into his eyes, confused before drifting off to sleep once more.

Lex lost track of how many days passed before she was finally able to sit up on her own but she was seriously winded and exhausted from the movement. She was still surprised that Zhu had taken to taking care of her, to seeing to her wound and making sure she was comfortable and had eaten. The only thing she had found she didn’t care for was the fact that she had no clothing, he had stripped her down at some point and she understood the reason why, but it didn’t change the fact that she felt so out of her element. It didn’t change the fact that she felt so vulnerable without clothing on, she wanted so badly to have something covering her but she had also realized that Zhu probably figured keeping her naked would mean she wouldn’t risk attempting to move.

She knew that she had faced a fever for several nights, the strangely tender care from Zhu was the only reason she survived. She had no idea what he might have heard, what her fevered dreams might have been. She wouldn’t have been too surprised to find that in her fevered daze she had been screaming about the deaths she had seen or muttering about having to save everyone.

She had no idea where Zhu was now as she woke, struggling to get into a sitting position and holding the blanket up over her body. She figured he must have gone out for food or something but for the moment she sipped from some water that was near the bed and let her head fall back.

The wound was healing, she still had some pain, if she had to move around too much she paid for it but she had reached a point where she could get up and with slow movements she could get to the restroom on her own as long as she held onto the wall as she moved. Strangely, she found herself thinking about how warm and safe she had felt that first night when he had carried her against his body.

Anytime she was awake over the last several days, she had smiled at him, looking at him with warmth and compassion, noting that he didn’t seem to know how to respond or react when she was like that with him. She knew that whether she liked it or not, he was going to take her virginity but there was a part of her that hoped she would show him a side of things she knew the scientists hadn’t and that he would in time learn to care. So whenever she was awake and he was there, she also spent some time talking to him about things she felt were beautiful in the world, ignoring any gruffness he had or scowls.

"You shouldn't do that." The soft touch from her hand to his arm was causing something unknown and uncomfortable to happen his body. He didn't like it. Zhu never liked not being in control of himself. Years of hardened training told him to keep any unknown feelings out and think only about the mission. Even if death was staring straight in front of him he was to complete what had been told of him no matter what. The only other option was if he died. She was also seemingly smiling and trying to talk softly when he was around. Why was this? This... human girl was doing things that the scientist never did. Unsure of what those emotions even were he did his best to push them away. He had to think of his mission. While he would have liked to leave this place it seemed the girl was still slow to heal and while she was getting better he didn't want to risk her of getting worse if they did move. The past few days he had gone out the scout the area and search for any of his brothers or sisters. He had found no one. The freezing wind and heavy snow continued which help them out greatly. No search party could be sent out in this type of weather. Zhu on the other hand could easily maneuver through the elements. He had been trained to. Only a few hours before he had been outside looking for any other supplies they could use while the female had been sleeping back at the guard outpost.

While Zhu never believed in luck it seemed to be on his side when he came across a container filled with some clothing, food supplies and a jug of water. Looks like not everything in the blast was completely burned to a crisp. Having hiked back to the lodge he entered and found the woman sitting up in bed. "I found you clothing. We can leave tonight once I make sure no one will be tracking us." He had said those words no more than an hour before and now found himself sitting on the bed as the female ran her fingers over his scared arm. Finally he had to pull himself away and turn from Lex's sight. She was... different. It didn't make sense to him. The shocks and bullets from the scientist made sense. Pain made sense. This... whatever she was doing did not make sense to him. Never had Zhu felt the soft touch from another living thing. While most people would find it enjoyable it caused him to flinch away. "You should probably dress now. We will need to move before dark." Reaching for the bag he tossed it onto the bed and pulled out what looked like guard uniform. Underneath that seemed for casual clothing. "There is a jacket in there as well. You will be wearing that." Standing he began to pull his shirt off his body and toss it onto the floor before he removed his pants. Modesty didn't seem to be an issue with the super soldier as he let the fabric fall passed his hips and onto the floor. Lex would sure get an eyeful of the well endowed male.

He hadn't been lying when he had told her he wasn't thick but that didn't mean he was tiny either. An inch or two over what an average male had his cock would probably fit snug inside the woman's body. The foreskin was still attached which proved that the scientist left the males whole. Grabbing the black shirt he had pulled from the bag he began to redress himself as he checked for any sign of injuries or anything else. Something each soldier had to do to make sure they were fit before moving on. An open wound would cause infection that would slow them down. The easy fix was to burn it shut or if possible sow it up. Luckily Zhu didn't seemed harmed in anyway and easily redressed. "If you cannot dress yourself than I shall dress you."

Alex looked at Zhu with confusion, though a smile remained on her lips as she asked softly, “Shouldn’t do what?” She had noticed that over the last few days he didn’t speak constantly about mating when she was well. Now, he had spoken once more about leaving but this time he mentioned finding her clothing and she was rather surprised that he was finally going to allow her to be dressed. She had responded to his words about clothing with a smile and thanked him.

Now, when he pulled away she watched him for a moment, but he was tossing a bag on the bed and once again mentioning her being dressed. Still she watched him a few moments, it wasn’t until he removed his pants and she got a look at his member that she blushed and turned her gaze away. In her rush to cover her embarrassment she hastily turned to sit up, her legs hanging off the side of the bed facing away from him. The motion caused her to become a little winded and feel a twinge of pain but she was determined not to be more of a hindrance for Zhu.

She reached for the bag and started pulling things out, shifting so she could begin pulling on the trousers. It took quite a bit of maneuvering to get them up over her legs and to her thighs but once there she had to take a few deep breaths to get through the exhaustion of the movements. A few minutes later, she drew the shirt on. It felt good to her, to be covered and it gave her a different sense of safety. Strange thing was, she didn’t feel a lack of safety where Zhu was concerned, despite knowing what he wanted to do once she was well enough to, she still felt safe.

It was more of a modesty thing, she felt vulnerable when she was naked and he was able to see her so clearly. The jacket was easier to put on and once she was finished she was silent for a moment before she looked over her shoulder to look at Zhu, “I… I got it I just need you to stand near in case I lose my balance while I finish up.” She hated admitting that she needed help but she knew that she was still having bouts of weakness and when she stood she would have to use both hands to pull the pants up over her waist.

While she prepared to stand and draw the pants up over her waist, she also decided she needed a distraction. “Have you determined where we are going now? You went to the vehicle I left out there and saw the map and things I left, right?” The only thing she hadn’t thought about as clearly was a great deal of clothing, at least not in the vehicle. “I can drive if we take a vehicle; it would give me something to do.”

Back
Top Bottom