Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Finding comfort

miss_zee

Meteorite
((The story written aim to let my crave out on writing. Its fictional and I'm thinking to let it as work in progress.))

Things have been difficult ever since James have been missing for couple of weeks now. The fishing trip he took with his buddies for few days over the lake turns into weeks without news. My day and night have been filled with tears and hope he'll come back home. It terrified me to hear every time the phone ring only to be told his body was found. Another day begin again and I start my day with the same routine ever since he went missing, sitting at the armchair staring blankly towards the window where James used to sit every morning drinking his coffee while reading the newspaper remembering the beautiful memories we had build together for the pass 2 years now. The knock on the door breaks the morning silence to our home and knock me back into reality. The only person I can think of at this moment is James and he might be the one knocking on the door. I stride over towards the door quickly and open it. With hopeful voice I called out for James only to be facing with someone that own almost the same features that reminded me so much of James. Jack.

I almost lost it when I look in Jack's blue eyes. My eyes started to pool with tears wishing that this will not happen. I wish for James to come home so I could feel his warm body wrap around me, holding me, making me feel safe, making me feel that I found my home again, my comfort instead I am looking at his identical twin brother, Jack. I feel like I'm being tested enough to a point looking at Jack just taunt me.

"Jack" I said coldly

"Em..Hi"

"What are you doing here?"

I fold my arms and look at him quizzically trying to figure out what brings him here. The last time I saw him was at the wedding. James never really talk much about Jack. The only thing he mention about him is he's the wild one in the family and its show very much by the way he carries himself. He look agitated like he had done trouble.

"Can I come in?" He ask and move himself inside without even waiting for my invite. I can smell the stale cigarette mix with alcohol on him. I stay on my spot near the door, looking at him coldly.

"What do you want?" I ask firmly

He pace back and forth in the living room while running his hand on his uncut brown hair looking impatient and desperate.

"I need to speak to James"

I cover my mouth with my hands trying to not let out sob as I heard him calling his name. It register in me that he didn't even realize his own brother was missing.

"I think you should leave now"

He stop pacing when I ask him to leave and look towards me. He move himself over and stand in front of me.

"Where's James?"

"Leave" I said with a low voice.

His hand reaching over, holding on to my arms giving a hard squeeze. "WHERE'S JAMES!?" he asked with high tone of desperation.

Anger rises inside of me as his eyes stare deep into me. I breath out hard and started to scream out at him.

"HIS MISSING!! IF YOU CARE ENOUGH ABOUT HIM. YOU'LL KNOW HE'S MISSING FOR WEEKS NOW!" I push his hands off me and I couldn't hold it anymore. Tears started to flow down on my cheeks as I glare at him.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO COME HERE!WHY!WHY!" I throw punches on to his chest over and over again, crying harder letting out my frustration of all the hopes of wishing it was James gone when its Jack that came.

Jack just stood there letting me pour my anger out at him. I could help to lean over towards Jack, hugging him once I'm finish, sobbing on to his chest. I could feel his arms wrap around me holding me closer to his embrace giving me comfort. I hold onto him tighter soaking in the similarity of how James used to hold me.

"I miss you James" I murmured on to Jack's chest.

(( I wonder myself of how the story should go..mmmmm...I'll just get back to it once, I get some idea ))

Back
Top Bottom