Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Meeting up (Souvlaki and cupcakemon)

Souvlaki

Moon
Blake held the cup of coffee up to his face and inhaled deeply, trying to settle his nerves. His past experiences of meeting up with people he'd met online had gone... terrible at worst and mediocre at best. He really hoped this time would be the exception.

They had both seemed to click online, hadn't they? They both liked tattoos, art, and BDSM, apparently. That last bit being the initial push for meeting in Real Life, but Blake was also curious what this guy was like in person. Like, his name was Draven. He had to be interesting with a name like that. At worst, maybe the most that would come out of this would be a good conversation. At best, well... he didn't want to think about that before they even met each other properly.

Blake looked at the time on his phone and his texts, and saw there were no new messages. Then he anxiously looked through the windows near the front of the cafe. It was only five minutes past their planned meeting time, but he was already harboring thoughts about Draven standing him up or chickening out. He began to mentally go through every message he had ever sent him, trying to see if anything he'd said gave off a "I am a serial killer" vibe. He really hoped that wasn't the case.

Draven was running behind. He hardly ever ran behind but today he was running behind. Having slept past his alarm things had set him into a motion of having to rush into getting dressed and leaving. Today he was planning to meet Blake, a guy he met online. Last time he had met somebody online it hadn't turned out exactly as planned and he hadn't gotten along with the guy in person. But Blake seemed okay, after all they talked often enough that Draven knew he liked him enough to be willing to meet him. It wasn't like he lived too far away at that.

Sitting in his car he tried to find a parking spot near the cafe. Blake was probably thinking he was standing him up, which wasn't the case. He was just running behind and since he left his phone on the counter at his apartment he couldn't text the other and tell him he was running behind. He hoped the other was still at the cafe waiting. He wanted to meet Blake, properly and not online. They had a lot in common, but what had pushed them into meeting was their like of BDSM. The two of them had to at least meet because of that.

Finally finding a parking spot he quickly got out and locked his car, walking quickly towards the cafe. As soon as he entered Draven looked around, hoping that he didn't look as bad as he thought he did. Seeing Blake though he smiled and walked over to the table, sitting down. "Sorry I'm late, I overslept and forgot my phone at home," he apologized. He really hadn't meant to make it seem like he was standing him up. Pushing his black shaggy hair out of his face he looked at him and smiled again. "And hi."

He saw Draven enter the shop, and breathed a sigh of relief. Then he took a sip of coffee and tried to make it seem like he hadn't been afraid he was being stood up. The guy had only been five minutes late... it was silly of Blake to freak out like that.

"Oh, not a problem," he said with a wave of his hand. "I'm late all the time." This wasn't true, he just said it because he wanted to diffuse the situation. He wasn't sure what to say next, but he couldn't help smiling back. Blake was especially weak for cute smiles. He awkwardly ran a hand through his short brown hair, a seahorse tattoo visible on his left wrist.

"Um. Hi." He paused. "This is kind of weird, sorry. Do you want to order something?" He motioned to his own cup of coffee. "They're pretty good here."

Blake looked like he hadn't been waiting long, or at least that he had been here longer than Draven. Usually he was better about being on time, just his alarm hadn't woken him up when he wanted and he overslept. Looking around he saw a clock and saw he had only been five minutes late. That wasn't too bad considering he thought he was about half an hour late. So he hadn't made Blake wait too long for him. That was a good thing at least.

"Well if you're late you're still earlier than me," he said. Pushing up his sleeves his tattooed arms were shown off. There was random pieces strung together to make one. Pieces that tied together because it looked as if they were done on top of music sheets. On his left wrist there was even a music note. So far this wasn't too bad. Spotting the seahorse tattoo he tilted his head to the side. They had talked about tattoos before, Draven telling Blake that his arms were covered.

"Huh? Oh yeah. Hold on," he said, sliding out of his seat and going to the counter. Ordering himself the largest coffee he waiting a few minutes before it was done, paying and thanking the person then returning to his spot. "I love coffee. I've actually been here a few times passing by."

Blake rested his chin on his hands and observed the guy as he ordered coffee. His gaze was more curious than anything else-- he was trying to get a better feel for Draven and their potential compatibility. He peered over the edge of his coffee cup, black-brown eyes rimmed with thick lashes darting away whenever he suspected Draven might look back at him. He didn't want to come off as... creepy.

"Oh yeah. I forgot you lived so close," Blake said after he joined him. "You go to school here, right?"

He was still trying to piece together Draven's tattoos. Now that he had finally completed his apprenticeship at the shop, other people's tattoos took on a whole new meaning to him. Although he tried not to be elitist about it.

Draven glanced back at Blake a few times, just to be sure that he hadn't left. Hell knew he had done it in the middle of a blind date and the guy had gone to the bathroom. Bright green eyes scanned over the other quickly before looking away. He was curious on if they were going to be compatible together. They had similar interest but it was still possible that one of them could change their mind and think that this was a bad idea if today didn't go over well. He hoped that it did because it was hard to find somebody who was interested in the same things he was.

"Just a town over, use to be close to where I worked," Draven answered. "Yeah I go to the art school. Four more months and I'll be done with some extra credits."

He could see the other staring at his tattoos. Each piece represented something to him and were tied together with the music bars that kept them connected. The largest part that was showing was the wolf on his right forearm that looked ready to attack.

"My right arm is done, I still have space on my left arm that I have to fill eventually."

"Ah, good for you," Blake said, grinning as he remembered his time at the same school. "I only finished one year there. But then I got my apprenticeship, so things worked out okay."

He took another sip of coffee, then said, "I'd show you my tattoos, but they really can't be seen unless I take my shirt off. Uh." He paused, his tan face reddening slightly. "I didn't mean that to come off that way."

"At least you're doing something you like instead. Drives me a little crazy at the college but thankfully I'm almost done a year early," Draven said with a grin. Taking a sip of his coffee he set it down and looked over at the other.

Licking his lips Draven blinked a little, his face turning red a bit. "It's okay. I actually have a side piece you can't see unless I take my shirt off. So, uh, I know how that is," he told him. "And you can't really see the tattoos on my upper arms thanks to my shirt." Maybe a long sleeved shirt wasn't the best idea to wear today.

"Mm, so do I." Blake relaxed a little, although he grimaced slightly as he thought about how he'd eventually have to get the entire octopus on his left side finished. The idea of the needle poking into his ribs thousands of times was going to be an ordeal, for sure. But he kind of liked the pain.

He was glad Draven only became slightly flustered instead of freaked out at his small slip-up. He seemed laid back, which Blake liked. He never cared for talking to people he had to walk on eggshells around.

"So, Draven," he said with a small smile as he pronounced the strange-sounding name, "Um. I'm sorry this is kind of awkward. Every time I've met someone like this, it always goes bad." Blake smiled apologetically, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hurts to have the side done but feels good too," Draven said before he took a sip of his coffee. He knew eventually he'd have to get the mermaid on his side touched up, maybe after he finished college. Maybe even if he and Blake got along and were still talking by the time he did finish. He hoped that they were because so far this seemed to be going good. At least Draven thought that it was going pretty well.

He had to admit he did want to see his tattoos. With his shirt off. Blake was an attractive guy so it would be interesting to see what kind of tattoos he had. And it wouldn't be an issue for Draven to take off his shirt and show him his mermaid tattoo.

"Sooooo," Draven said with an awkward smile. "It's okay, the last time that I met somebody online it went really bad. Meeting at a bar is probably not the best idea though." Biting his lip a bit he looked over at him. He didn't know exactly what to say to him or what they should do. It was a little strange. "So.... What should we do?"

"Hey, I met my best friend at a bar," he said with a larger grin than before. He thought of Hannah, the bartender at the local goth bar, Amnesia. He could already hear her squeaky, admonishing, "BLAKEYYYY" as soon as he told her about meeting someone from the Internet again.

Blake went to take another sip of coffee, but nearly spat it out when he heard Draven's question. He expected, like, at least a half hour of small talk before any direct questions like that happened. At least from this guy. He seemed sweet and sort of... innocent. But at least he was old enough to meet someone at a bar.

He spluttered a bit. "Um," he said. "Whatever you want to do?" He tried to give the perfect amount of shrug that suggested he was okay with whatever, but not too apathetic. He did want to spend time with Draven, after all, regardless of how that time was... spent. "We could stay here, or go... somewhere else."

He looked across the small cafe table to see if the young man's expression would reveal anything about his intentions. Hnng. Draven was pretty cute, even cuter in real life.

"And don't bite your lip like that. You're giving me ideas."

"I met my best friend at a bar when I was a teenager. Had a fake ID at the time and he was the only one who could tell it was fake," Draven told him. "Was the person who gave me my first tattoo though." He could picture Jurgen waiting for him at the apartment, ready for any I-told-you-so since he had told him he was going to meet somebody from online. At least it'd just be the I-told-you-so instead of a lecture about how he shouldn't meet people online.

Seeing the other nearly spit out his coffee he took a sip of his coffee. They had met in person because of mutual interest and at this point they might as well figure out what they were going to do. He may have looked innocent but even with his interest in BDSM it was a bit clear he wasn't as innocent as he looked. That and so far he and Blake seemed to be getting along, it was an okay meetup.

"I can think of some things," he said as he took a sip of his coffee. He thought about it for a moment. They could stay or go. To him it didn't really matter where they went. "If we went somewhere where would we go?"

Setting down his coffee he bit his bottom lip again, dragging it between his teeth as he looked at him.

"Doesn't sound like they'd be too terrible ideas."

Blake stared at Draven, his thick brows furrowed at what appeared to be a deliberate attempt to tease him. Then he chuckled, and rested his cheek on one hand.

"You have no idea."

He definitely wasn't against the idea of fooling around a bit with the guy, if that was what he wanted to do. Sometimes it was an easier way to get to know someone than all the small talk in the world. Blake didn't know if that was messed up or not.

"My place is just a few blocks away," he said. "We could walk, or take your car, or... go to your place, I guess." Draven lived around here, so it wasn't like he could give him a tour of the area. "Or if there's somewhere else you want to go...?"

Draven smirked a bit at him, taking a sip of his coffee.

"I think I have a few ideas."

Sometimes small talk didn't work and for Draven the only way he was going to be sure is if they did fool around. At least with how well they were getting along. He didn't know if that was strange or not but if Blake was up for it.

"Your place would probably be closer. Mine is about half an hour away and tiny chance my roommate could walk in," he said. "So your place is probably best. We can take my car."

Blake raised an eyebrow. "Well I'd be willing to hear them." He stretched in his chair, and realized his heart was racing a little. There was a cute guy interested in casual sex-related activities that could possibly progress into kinky depravity. He really had to make sure he didn't mess this up, because how often would he get a chance like this?

"Sure, we can go to my place. I have room mates, but they probably won't be around." He paused. "Um, I mean, if you're okay with that."

"I don't think it'd be proper to talk about in public," Draven told him. He had to admit he was excited about this. It had been a while since he almost instantly hit it off with somebody he had just met. Then again they had been talking before. Online and through texting, but he liked that they were getting along so easily.

"I don't mind. My roommate is just bound to be home in an hour and he's very... He doesn't have a lot of boundaries," Draven told him. "But your place sounds perfect."

Blake laughed in earnest. "'Perfect' isn't exactly what I'd use to describe it. But I'll take it."

He stood up, his chair scraping against the floor as he scooted away from the table. He didn't want to appear over-eager, but... he kind of was. Also, he had drank all his coffee and was getting kind of antsy.

"Ready to go?" he asked, and he shoved his hands into his pockets in an attempt to appear nonchalant.

As soon as they got closer to one another, perhaps while exiting the cafe, he'd murmur while keeping an innocent grin, "I'm glad you got the biggest coffee. You'll need the energy, I think."

"Its probably better then with my roommate," Draven answered honestly. That and Jurgen could be nosey.

Finishing off his coffee he stood up and stretched a bit, hearing his back crack a bit. He was eager about this, rather to go off with Blake.

"Yeah." Running his hand through his hair he started to walk out, looking up at the other when they got close. He was shorter than Blake, which wasn't a problem. E was shorter than most guys at 5'8".

"I drink a lot of coffee so it'll take a lot to get me tired again," he told him as he walked up to the black 67 Cadillac. Unlocking the doors he stood by the drivers door. "You're going to have to show me how to get there and where its okay to park."

Back
Top Bottom