Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Drums of War

Hi there, was talking to MariahSantos and she brought up that the way to a truly epic game would be to invite others in. So, I'm going to start an always recruiting game here.

Now, the focus of the game blends political and standard adventure, as your characters will be powerful, but this is not entirely about the individual, but about the civilizations on the continent and your moving's in them, as they go from tense, to all out warfare.

In fact, we could be looking at a period of Total War, depending on the choices you make.

Character Creation;
D&D 3.5
You are level 9 (up to +2 LA free)
You have 42 point buy
You have a budget of 15,000gp
If you want homebrew, ask

A small bit of info on the one region I sent so far;

The Desert Orc Realm of Karkoam on the desert continent of Tesdingo;

Government; Meritocratic Tribal Monarchy (Clans form important factions, and leadership is semi-hereditary, more value on merit then blood)

Religion; Like the majority of Tesdingo Karkoam has a mixture between shamanism and a Ancestor/Hero Worship Deism hybrid (Gods are legendary figures in the past, who achieved divinity but were born mortal). The Phaethon of Karkoam is Kyyar-Grummush (Father of Orcs and Defender of the Orcish people), Vyarrvad (God of Shadows, Respite, and Water, title is Oasis Seeker), Buurga (Goddess of the Hearth, Camp, and Herb, patron of herbalists and alchemists), Goldtusk (God of Trade, Writing and Cunning, Lord of Merchants), Tullga (Goddess of Witchcraft, Healers and Children, the Great Witchdoctor and Midwife).

Trade; Karkoam runs the majority of caravan routes in northern and eastern Tesdingo, and their lands may be harsh desert and rocky canyons for the most part, but several tent villages around the Oasis's and in the shelter of Blackwater Canyon have enough water for simple irrigation, and while not enough food can be grown, they manage to produce enough spices and herbs to trade for foodstuffs.

Current Military Engagements; For the last three hundred and sixty-three years, they have been engaged in a long series of raids and counter raids with the Heretical Xendari Drow nomads, along with the constant pressure of their mongrelfolk allies.

Currently, they have a truce with the Ironblood Gnolls, as neither can afford a sustained conflict on two fronts.

Relations with the Orthodox Drow of Shadowgrasp are strained at best, but no hostile actions have been taken, at least overtly, by either side. But there have been increasing rumors that the so called Xendari Heretics were nothing more then idle noble raiders, and that it was a covert form of economic attack.

Current Allies; The Orcs of Karkoam have two long standing allies, one rarely involves themselves in purely surface concerns, though they could really be considered friendly neutrals at best. Still, from time to time the Deep Trolls of Kazag Morak have been known to march, though not in living memory.

On the other hand, the Dune-Ghost Riders, a loose confederation of mounted goblin nomads, have a long history of trade and cooperation with Karkoam, providing most of the Calvary, Scouts and mounted Skirmishers.

Yea ;) if youd like matt go ahead and get a subforum approved and start getting threads up. And we can just start off and add ppl as they join. Make for exciting party creation roleplay lol

If you get threads up you can run it with just me atm maybe then once people see some of the action and roleplay. Itll make recruitment smoother.

There matt. You have two of us. Lets get this poppin! Well need a sub forum so we can have multiple threads. To help keep everything organized. Zorrita, play a drow female too we can come in together ;) be our magic user lol imma roguish type plus i got healing taken care of!

Do you mind if zorrita and i come in knowing each other? If not then her an i can discuss our history and back story :)

Sure, going to have a few separate threads, merge them if players interact.

Now, as someone asked, and I've been putting it off, The Stonelands.

Government; Monarchy, with a council of elders (Medusa Rule)

Religion; The two primary gods found are Set (The Father of Serpents, Sorcery, Evil and Tyrants) and Meda (Medusa Ancestor Goddess, Queen of Stone, Archers, and manipulation)

Trade; The Stonelands does not have much in the way of organic resources, and instead trades stone, sculpture, gems as well as basilisk parts. They also do a frisk trade in holding onto special statues, and hiring diplomats.

Current Military and Allies in a bit, migraine and tired.....

Just to clarify again, you plan to run this as several single threads just happening to happen in the same world, or as one single group acting together?

Well i also play over on another site looking for anyone interested in playing a superhero game over there. Already have a GM and two players. If anyones interested message me ill give details...

Was anxious to play this already have my character finished blah

He was waiting for players three interested besides me.... and were still on hold? Why?

Back
Top Bottom