Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Finish the Job {{Soul +&+ The PG}}

Brandon had been forced to slow his entrance to the bathroom; lest a bit of water had him sliding across the tile in cartoon like fashion. It was all he could at the moment, and there was no way to stop the pulsing blood that had filled him between the legs as he pulled the shower curtain sideways slowly and quietly. A surge of desire, and pleasure swam through his body, physically rocking him back and forth until he regained himself. Jaime looked stunning, the rivulets of water tracing down her lithe form. For the most part creating a river that formed between her shoulder blades and spread until falling off the soft ridge of her tone butt. Slipping into the shower he had closed on her, his desire taking the form of seduction and smoothness. The meeting between their lips was electric, a mixture of sweet sugar from the cereal, hot desire, and spicy emotion. The moan that followed seconds after caused an immediate pulse in his manhood, rubbing the sensitive head against her hind quarters and drawing his own growl of pleasure into the mixture. For awhile Brandon was simply content to continue the kiss. The heated water mixed with cool air drawing goosebumps and relaxing muscles that were contentedly sore from the previous night.

It lasted just as long as it took to draw another moan from his girlfriend. Girlfriend?! Yes... Yesss!

Jaime would notice the change then as Brandon's index and middle finger slipped within her warm confines with more than a bit of force.

His thumb squeezed against her flesh, grinding the nub of pleasure that rested atop her womanhood with power. The kiss broke, and Brandon's lips slipped immediately lower along Jaime's chin to her neck. He nibbled softly, her clean skin filling his nose and taste buds with a powerful vanilla aroma. He kissed then, and sucked the sensitive flesh into his teeth and bit softly, then with relish ran his long tongue over the captured flesh. The remaining hand remembered without a conscious thought from the night before how sensitive Jaime's stomach, and ribs were. It ignored her tempting, erect nipples, and traveled lower. Tracing scars above the insistently more rapid breaths that shoved them in and out. First with just the calloused pads of his fingers. Then as the breathing grew faster, and the tremors more violent, with his well trimmed nails. The light scratches seemed to make Jaime frantic, and it was almost as if he could feel the pleasure and tension through their connect. Meanwhile other hands fingers continued, the two inside of her now squeezing out while his thumb made small circles and pushed in. He could feel her gripping him with velvet flesh that was suddenly wetter and hotter than the rest of steaming skin. The next moan he heard, it pierced him through his ear which twitched in response then traveled to his brain, which redirected it all over his body. His fingers tightened, his cock throbbed, and his toes curled.

Something changed, and everything stopped. The next moan, he was sure, was in displeasure for what had gone away.

"Wait..." He breathed, needing her, needing to feel her, "More..." Was all he could managed in explanation.

Pushing her forward softly until her erect nipples touched the cold tiles Brandon stopped there, and bent slightly at the knees. His erect manhood sprang between her legs quickly, and with a mind of it's own prodded, found, and slid hotly into her tight confines. With a sigh of pleasure, Brandon leaned over until he could once again see Jaime's beautiful face. He kissed her just as he surged forward slowly.

-

Before Melanie could completely get going Chavez whipped out her pen and pad, with a slight inclination to make sure it was okay. She had heard the story before, but as a cop there was always the chance that something new might pop. That, or something old might connect a dot that had not been known at the time. Melanie had given her a nod back, something she was grateful for. Unfortunately neither of those two things happened as she relived Melanie's introduction to the horror story. That truly was what it was, it could not be a tragedy even though it was that too, but because it was so visceral, real, and horrible it had to be a horror. It was not just a story of course, it was what actually happened that that only served to make it more horrible in Chavez's eyes. She experienced the emotions against, just as she watched them play out on Melanie's face. The shock was first, and it almost left room for nothing else. In fact it had not for the first few minutes. Not until life, time, reality, fate, or whatever you wanted to call it slowly eroded the shock and created a vacuum that was filled differently for every person involved in the case. That came down to the make up of all those involved, and everyone was completely unique which made their reactions equally unique. Not in the sense of one extreme to the other, but it in the subtle differences like snow flakes. It would never be completely obvious to anyone why one persons sadness or anger was different, but to that individual it was perfectly clear.

For Chavez it was her family, heritage, and duty that influenced her feelings on the matter. While she did not have rather typical several little kids running around her own house, she did have three brothers and two sisters. Not to mention a plethora of aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, and nieces. Jaime had grown into one of them to some degree, and while it had been easier to deal with the case when it happened it had also been impossible to imagine something like that happening to any of her family. That had been the sadness. Then there was her heritage, even if you weren't in the family, if you were a friend of any of them, then you were in the family. So by extension since Melanie and Jaime were basically sisters, Chavez viewed them both almost the same. It was even hard, and the failure to protect any of them was both saddening and depressing. Finally there was duty. That was the anger. The fact that there was a man, or even if it had been a woman, that could stoop to such a low level and hurt a human being in those ways was disgusting. Chavez lived to catch predators like that, put them behind bars, and watch the repercussions of their actions come to pass. Of course with all three the strongest for the cop was that anger, after all these years it was easier to distance the sadness and depression of failure, but the anger simply would not go away. She was going to catch that puta de mierda, and she was going to fuck his shit up.

As Melanie winded down, Chavez had the strongest urge to both hug Melanie and punch anyone or thing that would make her feel better. But she couldn't, all she could do was smile softly, sadly, and with hope that they would catch the fucker.

The reasoning Melanie provided for letting Jaime take some time off was quickly met with an approving look. Melanie was just as independent as Michelle, and they both knew Jaime could be, but she needed some work. Sometimes it was just to give people space and time to work themselves out. The only surprising thing was that Melanie thought it was possible Jaime was hallucinating. Of everything she said, that was the one thing Chavez jotted down along with a concise reproduction of Melanie's reasoning for why she was giving Jaime time off. It was good to have these records, so that the reasoning did not get twisted or murky in the future. Chavez would have to check with Brandon about whether he thought it was possible that Tony had not been there, fuck, Brandon the thought of him made her wonder whether the new relationship was actually good for Jaime, she'd have to run that by Mel.

“I open a nightclub with a basement MMA cage, while managing to keep it entirely legal, get Jai to run the bar, and only see you once in a blue moon! What’s up with that chickee? What, am I not good enough for you?” She was smiling now, clearly teasing, and the slightly deviant glint in her eyes was reflective of that, especially when she prodded the sergeant’s arm gently. “Or have you just gotten too old to have a little careless fun?”

The laugh that Chavez gave off was both friendly, and amused at Melanie's prodding.

"You know I'll never be too old for fun, careless or not," She quipped with an equally playful light in her own eyes. She put away the pad and pen. Then with a glance of that her own playful malevolence added, "But you might be getting too good for me." Another laugh followed, they both knew that could never be true. "I'll stop deflecting though, and tell you what is really up." That got a little reaction, gossip was always good with Mel, and Chavez rarely indulged, which made her gossip some of the best.

"I was having a tough time around my rook," She raised her eyebrows with a smirk, "Not business. Just, well, you've seen him around her enough, si? You know I'm no good at hiding that shit with a few shots of tequila and so much pretty eye candy around. The three of you could have made for some embarrassing work days." The faintest glow of a blush had crossed her face by this point, but her deep olive skin hid it well. "And he has been spending a lot of time around here, around you, and Jaime." The last word came with a promise of more, but Chavez was definitely enjoying prolonging the looks of glee on Mel's face. "Me and the rook were supposed to babysit Jaime last night."

"Supposed to? I thought the Chief-"

"I didn't, but he did..." Michelle gave Mel just enough time to realize what she was implying then she rushed ahead with the rest. "I called this morning and Jaime could not seem to make up her mind whether she had slept with him or not. I think the answer was, no, yes, maybe. So i figure that means she can't decide whether they fucked, slept together, or made love. I imagine it was a mixture of all three, after catching the rook fresh out of the shower once or twice, and listening to one or two of exes wonder why they'd ever left him. He has the day off, and so does she, how much you wanna bet they don't even get out bed?" Finally she could not control herself any longer, and burst out laughing. It took a few moments to calm back down, and wipe a tear from her eyes. "Needless to say, with them taken, I will definitely be back around more often to keep two eyes on the last piece of candy." A few more chuckles passed her lips, before she spoke again.

"You don't think, them together, Brandon being there for Jaime, will effect your master plan of her overcoming her own paranoia, do you?"

It started almost innocent, intimately innocent if possible to believe, and he was luring Jai’s senses and body like a moth to flame, and she was none the wiser. At least, not until it shifted from seductive and smooth to torturous and gruff. It was like he knew, without a single uttered word or thought, just what exactly would drive her absolutely crazy, beyond all conscious ability to even remotely function beyond senses. Mental processes were completely annihilated, and it was all she could do to just stay on her feet. Her eyes had fallen closed, vocals only capable of emitting pleasured, unintelligible sounds, and she moved her arms so that the one hand could grip onto the wrist of his that was tormenting her stomach, the other reaching around to cling onto the back of his neck.

Each tantalizing drag of his nails alone sent rivers of electricity and chills coursing throughout her blood stream and nerve system, and combined with the way his fingers were driving her, in a vast contrast to the way he had done the night before, her entire body was twitching and shaking in the wake of it. She could feel the fuse dwindling hard and fast, and just as the fuse was about to reach the dynamite and initiate the explosion, everything abruptly stopped, and she whimpered in the sudden denial, her eyes fluttering to glance at him in a confused, pleading haze. “Brandon…” The name left her lips in a near begging tone, and he was fast to respond, the sound of his voice alone seeming to push her further, before he literally moved her forward from under the water, and the sudden skin-to-cold-tile contact made her shiver and push back against him. It only took a moment before a surge of white-blinding pleasure coursed through her body, and she shuddered hard, her eyes all but rolling back as her body pressed back against him of its own will and drive, and when his lips met hers…

The gloves were off now, and all sense of rationality and thought were gone. With each slow and sure thrust of his hips, she was pressing herself back against him near hungrily, a silent, pleading urge for more, and more, as she moaned into his mouth in rhythm with his motions, breathing deeply and heavily through her nose. It wasn’t long before she finally had to break from the kiss to better be able to pant and gasp through her mouth, letting her head lull forward to rest against the tile. “Brandon…” She panted in between breaths. “Please… God…”

--

”But you might be getting too good for me.”

Even Mel couldn’t withhold the laughter that left her throat, united with Michelle’s, at that comment, and she smiled brightly at the woman with a shake of her head. “Like hell that would ever happen.” She murmured as she managed to get her breath back, meeting her friend’s eyes.

"I'll stop deflecting though, and tell you what is really up."

Hearing that immediately made Mel perk up in her seat beside Chavez, as the opportunity to get an inside scoop on the woman was rare and minimal, and now the opportunity was wide open and being taken full advantage of. There was nothing like getting a secret little detailing from her detective friend, revealing secrets, stories, and more, and the opportunity was always too tempting to resist. So, with brightened eyes and perked hearing, she listened intently to what Chavez spilled out next, her expressions reflecting with each little detail that was spilled out. Admittedly, it was just the slightest bit surprising to learn about the little bit of lustiness that Chavez had had for Brandon, and Mel could easily tell that there was a bit of disappointed dejection in her friend’s eyes about the fact that he and Jai’s awkward little skirting around each other had finally taken a bold hold and actually stuck, and it was clear enough that they’d paired off.

Absently, Mel couldn’t help the slight bit of relief that came over her in knowing that the biggest bit of competition had been seemingly eliminated, but she quickly pushed the thought from her mind as Chavez continued on, detailing answers to what Mel had only been able to assume happened. And when Chavez seemed to ramble on a bit about just what the other half of their quad was likely up to, even Mel couldn’t help from cracking up into laughter after a brief moment to absorb the slight shock. Michelle seemed to sober up a little bit faster than Mel did, and her comment about keeping her on eyes on a last piece of candy caused Mel to immediately sober, her head tilting with curiosity.

The ability to actually contemplate it, perhaps even ask, was cut short though, and Mel heaved a soft sigh as she mulled carefully over Michelle’s question, before finally giving a soft shake of her head. “Mm… No, no I can’t say that it will hinder anything. In fact, I think it’s a good thing, especially for her sake. She hasn’t dated or even flirted with the idea of anything remotely close since we were kids, and after everything that happened… well, I was pretty convinced there for a long time that she had just warded off people in general; not just guys, but chicks too… Not that I’m accusing her of batting for both teams or anything, no,” she immediately realized how that comment had sounded, and rushed to try and correct herself, though the more she talked, the worse it seemed to get, and her cheeks were quickly rising in color. With a huff of flustered frustration, she dropped her head, burying her face in her palms and tugging her fingers down her cheeks. “Clarification: I bat for both teams, and I favor one in particular, hence why, in case your marvelous detective-y mind hasn’t noticed, I’ve been single for so damn long. However, it’s not Jai that I’m interested in, not even close. To clarify. Since, y’know, clearly I’ve dug myself into a hole here and since I clearly can’t just shut up, I’m gonna keep digging.” She laughed softly then, sheepishly, dredging through her mind to try and figure out a way, any way at all, to change the topic, but much to her dismay she was unable to come up with anything, not with Michelle sitting right there, not with the way she looked in her uniform, and that slight spark she could have sworn she saw in the woman’s eyes. Ugh… Kill me now…

Brandon could not restrain himself with the way Jaime called his name. It called to something deeper, larger, and much more powerful than his own will. Her voice tugged, wrenched, and strangled that part of him in way no one night stand or brief fling could or would ever do. All of the calling and pulling released something that not every man contained, but every man wished he did. Animal like, completely basic, and fully evolutionary. A deep seated lust that just took control of all his actions, things remembered that would work crossed immediately with things that should work in ways that no intelligent man could even imagine without the help of the animal inside. Both of his hands moved at the same time to different placed. The first to her hair, and with a firm grasp he tilted her head back and to the side. It was sort of a reprimand for breaking the kiss, but also better to pull her sexy frame back into his head. Arching her body in such a way that his pulsing, iron hard, manhood struck the perfect places inside of her again and again. The other hand curled around scarred ribs, sliding his nails over them until he could grip her waist better. Allowing Brandon to place power and speed behind his now perfectly aimed thrusts. At the same time his fingers shifted, finding delicate scar after scar until he was sure that he could sketch their entire layout from memory.

He searched, and found what had to be the final blow. There his hand stayed firmly as his thrusts increased in both speed and strength.

The first climax he felt rippling through Jaime's body went mostly ignored. He felt it, and it only encouraged the beast within him to go faster, harder, and deeper. Grunts of explosive breaths and growls of bubbling pleasure exploded from his mouth directly into Jaime's ear. He was not sure if she heard them. He did not even hear them. The focus was only on the growing pleasure between his legs, it was building too slowly, according to the raw nerves that now controlled him. Faster, harder. Repeated in his head, and he obliged. Adjusting his feet so the power from his legs could travel up through his hips. The grip he held Jaime with shifted, and then tightened. The second ripple of pleasure came and went, squeezing him so hard that his rising orgasm was stopped. Faster, harder! Once again he caved, grunting loudly, and hardly breathing as he poured every essence of his self into pleasing the lust coursing through his veins. Not even realizing how well he was doing the same to his lover. Only as the preamble of Jaime's third plateau of ecstasy was reached did his entire body tighten. All of his energy shifted into the internal muscles that forced his seed into her body. The sheer force smashed the both of them together, and into the wall. The beast had known, and his hand around her waist had shifted to slow the impact.

"Holy Fuck..." Finally back in control, Brandon could hardly believed what had just happened. He had entirely lost it, and Jaime?

Letting go of her hair slowly, his hand cramping from the grip, he looked nervously. Brandon wondered what he would see in her face, had he gone to far?

-

The relief that Chavez felt about Mel's views on Brandon and Jaime's sudden, but long in coming, relationship was rather short lived. Not that she changed her mind about Melanie's approval of the situation, but that she so awkwardly and hurriedly stumbled into such a confused rabbit hole of sorts. The stumbling, bumbling, and all around sheer awkwardness that the typically confident and blisteringly intelligent club owner suddenly displayed simply caused the cop to completely forget about her opinion on the other two. Throughout the entire obviously uncoordinated one sided conversation Michelle's mind raced to figure out what in the literal hell Mel was driving towards. The catch was obvious at the end. That detective comment, and the elimination of Jai as a figure of desirableness really only left... Chavez. God, you really are a fucking brilliant cop, aren't you now? The sarcastic thought washed briefly through her mind, and then pushed away as she quickly processed the information as the last of Melanie's rather desperate pandering tailed off.

It made more than a little sense. Jai was simply a sister to Mel and while that could have changed to, maybe, kissing cousins, it probably would never have gotten much passed that. No, not even kissing cousins. They were too close, too trusting off each other, they'd grown up together and lived each others lives. If nothing had bloomed during that time, why would it now all of a sudden? Not to mention Jai needed Mel intrinsically, if it was not for her there was no telling what kind of fucked up she would be. Chavez and Mel were, well, not exactly linked. They were both quite independent, and more than a little different. Michelle knew she was the quieter of the two, minus the times she drank tequila of course, and Melanie could be good, or great friends with anyone in a matter of moments if she liked the person. The Latina was also a bit more single-minded, focused on one or two things at a time and applying both her intelligence and emotions to those few subjects, it made her a good cop. Mel could multitask with the best of them, and did all the time with the Golden Eagles, Jai, and countless other things. Just thinking about running a club made Chavez tired, and angry. Their differences matched rather... Well.

Once she had figured it, and noticed Mel's rather pained look at her sudden goofiness Chavez could not help but feel a little smug.

She was sure it showed, but did not mind in the least bit, and decided to let Mel squirm just a little bit longer for all that guff about showing up when the moon cycled.

Tilting her head to the side, grinning from the corner of her mouth, and crossing her arms she allowed her black eyes to bore into Mel's beautiful airy blues. What am I gonna do with you? The brief images that passed through her minds eye after posing the question to herself made Chavez grin grow just a little bigger. Having had enough of watching Mel squirm, Michelle tilted her head back and laughed. It echoed around the room, and she slapped her knee. "Well, it's good to know my detective-y skills ain't gone, you squirm more deliciously than a kid with her hand in the cookie jar. But there is no need to dig any holes Mel. We're friends, good friends, yea? And you know what teams I play for, but my friends are my favorite team." She eyed Mel carefully after giving her a break, and wondered what just might possibly happen tonight.

In a matter of seconds, everything seemed to escalate exponentially, and he had again moved, shifted, his grip on her body changing drastically. Her eyes widened as she felt the sharp pull of his hand in her hair, twisting her neck back and up, her gaze piercing his, and the grip he had on her body moved too, fully engulfing her, trapping her. For a split moment, she felt a shred of mild panic, fear even, but she worked hard and fast to push the thoughts. This was now, this was Brandon, this was saf—

“Fuck!” The word left her mouth in a shuddered, breathless cry as he gave that first thrust into her from the new angle, sending her into a level of pleasure that far exceeded anything she had ever felt before, even the night prior, and it was almost, quite literally, too much to handle. Her eyes nearly rolled back, muscles spazzing uncontrollably, and of flurry of near gurgled moans escaped her throat. Her body was jerking off balance with each powered thrust of his hips into her, and she fumbled desperately to try and get a good enough grip on him, before finally giving up and flattening her palms to the shower wall. In a very short matter of thrusts, the thin line of climax she’d been bordering was toppled, and she felt her body tighten, clench, before feeling an explosion of release in her stomach, and she cried out, as her body shook and ignited with heat, struggling slightly in his unrelenting grip. He didn’t stop there though, didn’t embellish in her trip, and it seemed as if he didn’t even know it had happened, especially as he just continued, increasing momentum and force. Her legs ached from the tension, arms locking a bit more tensely as she pressed against the wall, struggling to keep herself in some semblance of minute control, or balance at the very least.

She hadn’t even had time to recover before she was already building towards another explosion, laboring to get breaths in to satiate her need for air, whatever he was doing, whatever he was hitting, it was impossible to content with, to even think past, to even think at all for that matter. All that she was aware of was the sensation, the way her muscles were quickly tensing over again, temporarily cutting off her ability to even slightly manage to get in a breath. Her toes curled, fingers clenched at the tile against them, and her eyes fell closed, and the force of the explosion was enough to jar her entire body, twitching powerfully as she cried out again, every muscle fighting against the tension brutally. It lasted for a few seconds that felt like forever, and only slid back down about halfway before she was already, again, on the track to another. Her legs ached and burned, arms and neck starting to cramp, and her stomach was overrun with spasms, and Brandon was none the wiser to it it seemed, just pushing even harder, ever further, and she could easily feel him push past a few of her body’s limits, all but literally breaking her into him, and the next thrust he made finally send her off the tip of the mountain she was on.

With a sharp breath in, Jai stilled for a fraction of a minute, everything in her body completely stiffening over, and then she all but screamed in ecstasy, her body nearly convulsing against him as her eyes rolled back. His explosion followed directly after, and the rush of heat she felt flood her womb was enough to make her shudder, panting breathlessly for air as she slumped back against his body and into his arms, her own having bent and tightened from the force of his push. The moment his hand loosened in her hair, Jai lolled her head forward to rest against her arm, and she sighed softly. It was still too soon for her to even remember how to use words, but a soft gurgle of sound left her throat in a failed attempt, and she managed to open one eye to look hazily up at him. With a bit of effort, she managed to lift the corner of her mouth, showing him assurance. “Mhmm…” She hummed softly after another minute, leaning back into him a bit. “Definitely… gonna need… a long… breather… after… that one…”

--

Mel’s humiliation doubled when she looked out the corner of her eyes and saw the look that Chavez was giving her, and when she burst out laughing, Mel officially wanted to crawl into a dark cave and bury herself there, and not in the good way. With a soft groan of embarrassment to herself, she shook her head and sat back, running her fingers through her hair. Ugh, of all things for her to say… she just had to mention the squirming. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, the teasing comment was followed up with a reiteration of the fact that they were friends. Good friends.

Great, just great. Fucking perfect! I lose my cool for two seconds and have a little slip up and now we’re making it good and clear that we’re friends. Kill me now, for fuck’s sake something fall from the ceiling and kill me now.

Smoothing the hem of her dress back down a little bit, Mel quickly pushed herself to her feet with a nod of her head, taking a step back. “Yeah,” she commented quickly, reeling her senses back in. “Yeah of course, absolutely! How about a drink? I’ve got a strawberry daiquiri in the fridge behind my desk.” She didn’t even wait for an answer as she moved across her office and around the back of her desk, leaning down to reach into the fridge behind it. “Yes? Okay. Good. Perfect. So what else is new these days? I mean there’s the obvious of course but surely there’s more than just that going on. Any juicy crimes? Investigations? Office drama? Special diets?”

She finished the last question just as she straightened back and moved back across her office with a glass in her hand, bending to offer it to Michelle. “I made it myself. And before you make some backhanded, smart-assed comment about whether or not it’s good or will kill you, just try it! I may not be the all-star alcohol girl like Jai but I know how make a mean daiquiri and an even meaner pina colada. And shots. Of course shots. Want one?” Anything to get off the subject, anything at all. Sure, prying her with liquor while she was still clearly working probably wasn’t the best of ideas, and if it were anyone she’d probably be getting slapped in handcuffs for trying to bribe an officer or something, but thankfully it wasn’t anyone else, and Michelle seemed amused enough about the whole thing. She wasn’t sure if that was good or bad, but she wasn’t about to let herself squashed, not at work, not in the office, not right in front of the woman for crying out loud. Nope, she would take the time to beat her head against the wall for making such an ass out of herself once Michelle left. In the meantime though, she settled on just trying to calm the waters and wind back down, change the topic, get Michelle to do some more of the talking instead.

The realization that he had been holding his breath forced Brandon to expel. The anxiety of whether or not he had gone too far vanished in a second. It was quickly replaced by a good soreness that overwhelmed his entire body. That, combined with the sudden sensitivity between his legs, caused him to shudder and breath in with a gasp as their entwined bodies slowly separated. Even after a few more breaths to get his lungs under control Brandon still felt rather tired, and happily so. He smiled down at Jai as he closed his eyes and moved back under the stream of hot water. "Me too," He muttered through a cascade of water as it ran over his face. Beckoning for her to come to him, he wrapped her slowly and gently in his arms. For a few seconds he remained in the perfect moment, simply holding Jaime to him as he recovered from that amazing experience. Then slowly things came back into focus, and he decided they could both do with a washing before finally relaxing.

Taking the nearest wash cloth, he lathered it up, and commanded softly, "Turn around." Starting with Jai's shoulders, he moved over her skin softly without a thought for causing anymore sexual feelings to build between them. "So what do you want to do on your day off?" He started conversationally, "Normally I sleep most of the day, they work us pretty hard as newbies on the force, and then I try to hit the gym before going over to the club." It was obvious he meant the Golden Eagle, and it was always to see Jai. Now that he was... In her apartment, he wondered if that part was even necessary? "Turn again," He said with a smile, "You really are beautiful you know, and these," He said just as the soapy cloth brushed lightly over her scars, "Are just the past. They make you look pretty tough too, I would not mess with you if I saw those in a dark alley. Hehe." He finished with her face, chuckling as she squirmed a bit, "Hold still, cutie pie."

Kissing the last bit of soap from her lips, he handed over the cloth and soap bar.

"Your turn."

-

A warm, compassionate look remained on Michelle's face as she took the daiquiri and sipped. She shook her head when shots were offered, and lifted the tasty drink. "This is good, but no shots till I'm off duty. You do realize it is still before noon?" A chuckle followed, even this bit of liquor did help smooth things over and Chavez had no qualms with a single drink during the duty day; the chances of her being in a high speed pursuit were next to nill. Even though she was a damn good driver, the Chief liked to let Chavez focus on individual cases, and everyone knew he was planning on making her a detective shortly. Though she would miss the uniform and her work with the local citizens Michelle could see just as well as anyone else that her talents laid in real investigative work.

"Hmm," She pondered the questions, "Well nothing fresh comes to mind in terms of cases, oh wait, I did read there was a missing person report the other day. It looks like a runaway though. Young girl... Tina Turner... Last seen hanging around the greyhound stop over on the East side... They searched her house and she took a backpack, clothes, tablet, and a few other things missing. Family problems, probably find her in a few days a few cities over. I'm not on the case, just overheard Turner & Hooch," Her pet names for two of the lead detectives, "Talkin it over."

Another few sips passed her lips, giving Mel time to process and come to same conclusion as Chavez and Turner & Hooch came too.

"Rumor is I'll be making detective in the next few weeks," Chavez finally admitted with a blush that did show through her deeply tanned skin. She hated talking herself up, and Mel's reaction of joy for her friend only made it a little worse. "Better pay, better hours unless I'm on a case, and no more dealing with rook's and traffic stops. Fuck, that might be the best part! I hate traffic stops. Half the time it turns into something worse, and the other half is idiots who try and talk or bribe their way out of a simple ticket. Though I can't complain about all the bribes, never taken one, but you know how quickly some girls like to remove their tops." With a roll of her eyes, Chavez finished the drink and set the glass down. "No new diets, you know I love my food too much for that! But Mel, if you wanted to change this whole Blue Moon situation we should talk about working out together! I need a new partner in the gym, Brandon is too much of a meat head. I don't think he knows what the word lean even means."

With a rather sly look, she stood up, reached out and swiped a hand across Mel's midriff. The smooth fabric of her cute dress could not hind the toned body beneath, "I think you could even teach me a few things..."

A soft blush crossed over Jai’s face when he pulled her in under the water and against his body, holding her steadily in his arms. The bliss of ecstasy aside, there was a certain aura about him, the way he held her, the way it felt to be with him, near him, his very touch in and of itself. She wasn’t able to directly put her finger on it, but there was undeniably something more there, and she liked it, loved it. With a smile, she complied with his gentle command and turned her back to him, unable to help herself from the warm, bright smile that crossed over her entire face when he began to wash her backside, and she turned to look up at him over her shoulder when he began to speak. “Well, it seems that we started the day off by doing each other,” she responded slowly, pausing for a moment as they both laughed. Sobering up, she cleared her throat with a few giggles and continued. “We could still drop by Gold Wing tonight if you want though; I know Mel’s expecting a big turnout for fight night, so there would definitely be more to do than sit at the bar, especially since Pratt’ll be there running a lot.” Again, she paused a moment to chuckle quietly. The relationship she had with the male bartender there, Pratt, was much like that of a brother and sister, and they teased and taunted each other relentlessly- all in good fun – and it always put them both into smiling and laughing good spirits. “How about we just start off with some movies on the couch? I have popcorn somewhere in the kitchen, and we could really do it up by ordering Chinese food. By the time we hit the gym it’ll be much worth it.”

She turned again as he spoke, and absently held her breath as he began to wash her front for her, blushing lightly.

”I like that plan. What do you want to watch?”

He smiled at her, commenting on her beauty as she was just about to give him an answer, and her face broke into a warm, almost shy smile as she ducked her head, scrunching up her face a bit while he began to wash that off too, stifling some soft laughter so as not to accidentally eat any bubbles. When he finished, she stepped back a moment to let all the suds rinse from her body, contemplating his question carefully for a moment longer before she took the cloth from him and silently pushed at his shoulder to get him to turn around for her. “We can browse through Netflix,” she finally offered as she started from the back of his neck and made her way slowly down over his shoulders and back. “I’m sure we’ll both spot something we want to watch on Netflix, and it’s usually got a pretty good assortment of things. Turn please?”

She waited for him to move, looking up to meet his eyes with a soft smile before she began to wash his front, unable to help the blush that crossed her cheeks once more, and she did her best to try and hide it. She listened as he agreed with the plan, and grinned when she briefly interrupted him to wash his face off, having to stand on her tip-toes to properly reach. As he rinsed off, she quickly washed her hair, waiting for him to do the same before she reached to turn the water off and slipped out of the shower to grab a towel. The cool air in the bathroom immediately caused goosebumps to rise up along her arms and she shivered a moment as she wrapped her body in a towel, using another to dry off her hair.

Within a brief amount of time, Jai slipped into the living room, plaid in a pair of white sweatpants and a gray hooded sweatshirt, her hair askew in a slightly damp mess. Waiting for Brandon, she turned on the TV and set up the Netflix, and then she headed into the kitchen to make a bowl of popcorn and two sodas. By the time she returned to curl up on the couch, he was making his way out, and she smiled at him as she set the popcorn and cans of soda down. “Just to be clear,” she started after a moment. “I am not in the mood to watch any cheesy animated movies or blood and guts movies. I am always down for a good action or adventure movie though. Or war, I love war movies.”

--

Mel blinked in slight surprise, her gaze immediately flitting to the clock above her desk, and she blinked again before laughing quietly. “Huh,” she snorted, “so it is! What do you know? I guess working at the bar all night kind of put me off in terms of time and alcohol hm?” She didn’t dwell on it though, nor did Michelle it seemed, and that in and of itself was enough to wind Mel back down. The more laughter and ‘normal’ talk, the better, and the easier it would be to move past that horrific slip. She still couldn’t believe she’d had the nerve to even off-handedly say anything, and that answer about being friends… there was no possible way it could have been any more embarrassing than that. But the topic had changed, and was moving on quickly, and she blinked yet again as she tilted her head to listen to what Chavez said about the latest police news.

“I heard something about from someone at the bar.” She supplemented with curiosity. “I guess someone said they spotted her at a bus station the other night? Or maybe it was last night, I don’t recall when, or who it was for that matter…”

Her jaw dropped when Michelle shifted the topic so nervously, and for a split second Mel was stunned silent before she hopped once or twice and squealed with excitement. “Oh! That is such good and exciting news! That means we have to plan a party to celebrate it! Obviously we won’t actually have the party until it happens or that would be a bit embarrassing but still!” Just like that, Mel was back into her usual, spunky spirit, grinning from ear to ear and flitting about her office. Of course, Chavez was clearly uncomfortable with sticking to that topic though, and Mel lifted a brow as she heard the woman mention working out together. “Well of course he doesn’t know what lean means chicky! He’s a guy; and guys typically…” Her throat cut her off and Mel swallowed hard, all of a sudden finding Michelle right up close and personal, and that brief swipe having sent a shiver up her spine. “U-um… Me? Teach you? The super-star soon-to-be detective? In a dream, maybe! Usually I just hang out and be lazy and veg out though. Except for Wednesdays, then Pratt drags me out of the office to go to the gym with him so he can brag about his sex-toy of the week and make me do cardio with him.” She finished with a roll of her eyes, heaving an exaggerated sigh as she anxiously side-stepped. Just friends, just friends, she reminded herself. “Not that I am saying no of course, just, well, y’know, I’m not much of an uh… active person, persay; so you can’t yell at me!”

Brandon walked into the living room to find Jaime all set up with sodas and popcorn on the couch. He had shaved and changed into typical off duty clothing. A pair of black khaki's, and an unbuttoned long sleeve that was not tucked in and trailed behind him revealing the wife beater beneath. It worked for him because it was comfortable, but could also be buttoned, belted, and the simple addition of a tie and jacket would make him presentable. He liked being able to do that, for whatever reason. As it was now it was comfortable, and though he thought it made him look like a bit of a douche at least he did not wear any 'bling' or gel his hair like a 'gangsta' might. He slipped onto the couch and dug his bare feet into the carpet, enjoying the warmth of Jai against him as he reached around to pull her in close. Taking a few pieces of popcorn with his free hand he snacked on them while they browsed the movie selection. Before they had decided on anything however, Brandon's stomach growled loudly, to his light embarrassment and Jaime's delight which she showed with a light-hearted laugh.

Grinning he pushed a wiggling finger into her side, tickling her as he leaned across to pick off his phone from the couches armrest.

"Think that's funny eh?" He said with a laugh as her amusement turned to squeals.

"Well," He added with a kiss to her forehead, "You're right. It's pretty damn funny," A last twist of his finger, and resulting squeal led to one last kiss. This one on the lips, "You were right about one thing, we did each other pretty good, so I'm hungry, and I bet you will be too when the food gets here. Now, what's a good place?" She told him, and he dialed to place their order before settling back into the couch. They settled on the latest superhero flick, and were only interrupted by the arrival of food which Jaime did appreciate as the odor of various spices filled the room.

The movie was good, but it was definitely not able to keep Brandon's complete attention. He had far too much to think about even though he was perfectly content at the moment to allow Jai to snuggle against him as they watched. He was able to keep up with most of the movie, but just a few thoughts kept slipping into his head. The easiest to bat down were the images, sounds, smells, and memories of what he and Jai had just done to each other. They were pleasant, and he was sure they would be popping into his head all day. Not to mention they would be able to create new ones as the days and weeks went on, that was probably why they were the easier ones to get rid of no matter how much more enjoyable they were. The hardest thought to get rid of was mostly a kind of what now? Now that he had Jai by his side, and they had both had each other as she had so astutely pointed out, what was going to happen next?

It was not even the thought of Bloody Tony that was hard to push aside, that was police work and they would figure it out eventually.

What kind of relationship was going to blossom from this... Friendship? He hoped for the longest of long kind, but feared that it could end up like the numerous ones that went downhill on television and in the movies. What if there were things he did that annoyed her? What if there were things that she did to annoy him? What if, even after all this time as friends and now as lovers, they could not handle being together? He thought it was normal to ask all these questions, but even that he was unsure of. Did everyone else have doubts about such an amazing thing? That could not be, according to everything he knew, a perfect relationship was just perfect and people didn't have doubts. Oh sure, in the movies and on TV they thought they had doubts, but deep down they always knew which one was the keeper. On that note Brandon was sure that Jaime was a keeper, but the biggest question he guessed was whether she thought he was the same?

They ended up watching another movie, had more popcorn, and a drink before actually starting the day. To the gym where Jaime rather soundly whipped his ass on the treadmill, and he added a bit to her soreness on the weights. After showering they went back to Jai's apartment so he could grab what he had left there and taken to his apartment. He added a pair of clean clothes to his overnight bag, as they had not decided where they would be for that night. Thankfully, neither seemed particularly rushed to decide, so instead they decided they would head over to the Golden Eagle and see where things went for the night. Most of Brandon's nervousness had fled him by the time they arrived, but it began to come back in small ebs and flows when he realized both Mel and Chavez would want to know exactly what happened the night before.

-

Smiling like the Cheshire cat who had the mouse cornered Michelle gave her own lips the slightest of licks, "I won't be too hard on you Mel." She winked, "You'll need your energy for tonight." Whether that meant the fight night, or anything else was up to interpretation. Chavez enjoyed this suddenly uneasy Mel just a little bit too much, and the alcohol was certainly not helping her control those feelings. Mel's side step had the effect of diffusing the powerful urge though, and thankfully the soon-to-be detective backed away herself. "I'll take lunch in an hour and we'll meet over there mmkay chica? I know it'll be too busy if we wait longer. Pratt can handle the prep for an hour or so eh? What the hell, I'll chip in a bit tonight too, until I get too many shots in my system. I can't pour or tend, but I can buss some tables or cook, if you trust me that much? Is Pablo on tonight?" Pablo was a boyfriend of a distant cousin to Michelle, which made him family and he cooked at the Golden Eagle with a bunch of his hombres. Chavez had never cooked here, but she had worked a line before and was feeling awfully generous for some reason. Perhaps it had to do with how nervous Mel seemed?

Gym time came and went quickly. Anyone who worked out during lunch was serious about it, there was no standing around picking the perfect song, talking with cute girls, or admiring ones self in the mirror. Chavez preferred the atmosphere of professionalism during lunch, though it could be a bit intimidating for those that did not workout on a regular basis. Deciding before she even arrived to make Mel feel at home, they jumped right in with a bit of light chatter and absolutely no reference to what had passed between them earlier except for a light-hearted apology about not seeing each other more often. Michelle still felt a little guilty about that because of how devoted she was to her family, and Melanie was definitely family. True to her word she did not yell anything but encouragement, and made sure the workout was tailored to someone new. Nothing heavy or body draining, Mel's workday had begun last night and would continue well into this night, so the workout was more for her to feel good about herself rather than any sort of hard training. Light weights, varying intensity, and a light jog was more than enough to work up a sweat and though Chavez certainly went a little harder, it was not noticeable.

"Chica, you have great form. Keep it up!" Michelle exclaimed as she watched Mel pushing weight around just as she had showed her how to.

The sweat the covered Mel in a light sheen was extremely attractive, and it made things a little hard to concentrate on, but Chavez was doing her best.

"You know, if we can get you over here three times a week, you'll be able to scare Pratt with your shadow," She added with a laugh as she wiped some sweat from her own brow and tossed Mel a towel.

Just as they left the gym and were about to separate to their own cars Chavez noticed a familiar vehicle pulling. "Oh shit girl, look, it's Brandon... And Jaime..." They shared a look, and giggled. "Are we going to embarrass those two love birds tonight?" She asked with a raised eyebrow as they watched the two walk hand-in-hand into the gym.

"You better believe it, chica!" Was the reply that almost had Chavez dying with laughter.

Back
Top Bottom