Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The war of the gods. (crossy994 x Ms.Goody2shoez94)

crossy994

Moon
Elliot stepped off the boat, breathing in the fresh salty sea air with a smile. The voyage had been a long rough one, the war that had driven him back home longer. He had been fighting for a year, images of violence and horror coming to him every time he closed his eyes. Whenever he dreamt he saw his friends, his brothers in arms dying around him, helpless to save them. The death of his brother, dying in his arms and coughing up blood in his final hours had sent him away, running from the war. He dreamt of it, and the sea had been rough when it happened, the ship battered by waves and all manner of storms. But that was the safer route, travelling his fathers domain rather than flying and entering the realm of Zeus.
He pushed all that from his mind and began to walk. He wore dark jeans, a brown, beaten leather jacket over a red hoodie. The wind ruffled his dark brown hair, pushing it away from his face, showing his strong features, and his nose that had been broken at least once. He walked with no particular aim, wandering the streets, reacquainting himself with the city of London. It felt good to be home. After a while he found a hotel, rundown and rough, with little in the way of security. He hoped no one would find him there.
Inside Elliot found a bar, several snooker tables and a tv behind the bar. A news report was on about the war, and the refugees that had fled America. Images of creatures such as minotaurs, Pegasus’s, a hydra off the coast, as it wrapped around a battle ship, the canons blowing of several heads, for more to grow in their place.He even saw a brief clip of someone who looked a lot like Hermes. Elliot ignored it all and moved to sit at the bar.
“I’ll have a double scotch, whatever you got that’s good. Oh and a room please, preferably one that’s got a view of the sea.” Elliot said politely enough. The man behind the bar grunted a reply before moving to pour the drink.
He returned with the drink and a key. “It’s the only room left.” He explained as he set it down with the drink, before moving off, carrying on with his business.

Maddie was off in the corner of the rundown barn slowly drinking on her cups. She wasn't paying for any of her drink tonight though, when you're grandmother is aphrodite, there really is not need for you to. All you have to do is bat your pretty eyelashes at the bartender, or smile at a guy that's sitting across the room, and bam you could have anything you would want.

'While the guy she was sitting with was kind of attractive, he was dumb as a log and he wouldn't be able to hold her attention for more than two or three hours. She needed someone she could wake up to and go another round with. The dumb guy in front of her was droning on and on. If it wasn't for the fact that she didn't see anyone who looked more appealing. She looked around the room making sure a better prospect hadn't walked in when she saw a man sitting at the other looking at the t.v.

The thing was is that the man didn't look surprised the way other people had when they saw the monsters for the first time. Most people looked on in fear, or gasped, just some kind of reaction. He had seen things like this before, regular humans had never seen anything of likes till a few months ago when things started going to shits.Then sometimes some small radio station or some nothing television show would have some accurate events to tell about, but for the most part. It was kept secret till the war finally broke out. Since the beginning of time conflict had been brewing between the big three, each of them wanting to be in power over each other and the rest of the gods. Now it was all coming to a head.

The guy at the bar was not a monster, she didn't sense any dread or darkness. All Maddie would need was a way to get his attention. She didn't realize that the guy she had been listening to was now staring at her wondering where her head was at. He turned and saw the guy she had been appraising. " I'm sorry, I think I am going to go to my room," she gave a small smile

'"I don't think so darling. I have spent almost sixty dollars on drinks tonight. I think you're going to have to take me with you," his grin was dirty and unattractive.

She knew what she would do,"Well tough lick, I'm not going anywhere with you,"she stood up up her tight jeans conforming to her body and her cleavege showing a little bit in her white vneck .

Even though she could have had the guy on the ground in only one move, Maddie faked cried out when the man reached out and grabbed her wrist.

Elliot turned at the commotion and saw a pretty young woman trying to stand as a scumbag grabbed her wrist. His eyes lingered on the woman for a few long moments as he admired her body. “Hey!” He called out. Shit, what happened to laying low and not drawing attention, He thought as he finished off his drink and stood up. “I don’t think she wants whatever you want.” Elliot said to the man as he walked over. “You stay outta this.” The man growled, letting go of the woman and turning to shove Elliot away, who stumbled over a chair and fell to the floor, anger racing through his mind.
“The hell?” Said the bartender to no one in particular as the building began to shake, a small earthquake shaking the building and the nearby area. The lights swung and pictures fell from the walls as Elliot climbed to his feet. “Wh-what is this? What are you?” Asked the scumbag who pushed him, cowering away. Before he knew what he was doing Elliot punched him in the stomach with all his strength. If Elliot had been a human the blow would have doubled him over, but with the power of Poseidon flowing through him, it knocked the man a good few yards, where he crashed through a table and lay unconscious.
And then the room stopped shaking. “I-I’m sorry about that.” Elliot said, the anger gone, his hands shaking. He felt so messed up he barely even noticed the charm of Aphrodite coming from the young woman. “I, erm, I think I’m just going to go to my room now, I’ll be gone by tomorrow.” He said, moving to get his keys as the bartender just watched, confused and scared.

There was no way the bartender was going to do anything to stop anything the young "hero" did. He was terrified that the man would bring down the whole dingy place on the four of them. The fact that the "hero" had such a little amount of control was surprising to Maddie. Thoughts of where he had trained and what he had been through ran through her mind. She wondered if this stranger was always this out of control, or did the grief and stress brought on by the war cause him to be a little more unstable than usual. Madisson herself had loss several people that she held dearly to the war.

Maddie wanted to know more, how could she not. She knew that she had quite an effect on him from the way he looked at her when he first sensed all of the ruckus going down at the other side of the bar.

"Wait up," she called as she followed him out to the hall. "Shouldn't I thank the man who came to my rescue," Maddie reached for his shoulder. in that touch she could feel that his body was still shaking, that his muscles were still tense, and that there was a current of energy slightly humming underneath it all.

"I know what you are, demigod," she looked him in the eyes.

Elliot whirled around as the girl spoke, angry and annoyed that she had followed him and knew what he was. The building shook again as he approached her, a vase falling from a table, shattering on the floor and spilling water and dead flowers. His emotions and powers were racing out of control as he pushed her back against the wall. “Who are you?!” He snarled as the building shook violently, his face close enough to hers that he could smell her perfume. And then he realised who and what she was. Her hand on his shoulder, the smell of her perfume, the way their eyes connected, all of it was driving him crazy. His anger was receding and being replaced with a longing. He was under the charm of Aphrodite.
“You’re a daughter of Aphrodite aren’t you?” He asked, pulling away from her and looking away. As soon as he did the charm was gone. He could think straight again, and the anger was slowly returning. A million questions raced through his mind. Had she followed him? Or had she been waiting for him? Was Aphrodite still aligned with Zeus? Elliot had come across a daughter of Aphrodite before, just before the war. He refused to think about it as he made his way to the stairs.
“What do you want from me?” He asked in a snarl as he began to climb the stairs to the top floor, assuming she’d follow him. “You here to kill me, or to drag me back into the fighting?” He asked, angry at himself now, for getting involved and losing control of his powers. He used to have control, and used to be able to control the ocean, and make the earth shake and even create storms when he really focused. Now he could barely do any of that when he tried, but in a bad dream or a fight his powers went crazy.

His actions did not scare Maddie at all, it was a combination of the stress he was feeling, loss of control due to events going on around that even caused the stranger to act out at her. He looked like he had just came from right off the front line in New York, he was super tan, slightly roughed up, and his face showed that he was exhausted. "Close enough, Aphrodite was my grandmother. It was probably obvious though, I know my senses were fully turned on, " she tried to soften her attraction level so she could actually have an intellectual conversation with him to find out what he knew.

"What about you, who is your god parent? Someone very powerful for you to be able to cause an earthquake," she mussed. Maddie knew that his parent was someone powerful enough to spawn someone as powerful as he was. She was able to rule out some people in her head, and some then it started to become obvious out of the people that were left. Athena's children typically gained her eyes and were not able to control earth and elements.

Following him up the stairs her heels clacked on the floor. "I don't want anything, I just needed time away from the frontlines. You're the first demigod I have came into contact with since I've came to London," they walked down the hall and ended up close to his room. "Can we talk. I promise not to try and seduce you."

“My father’s Poseidon, God of the sea and all that dwells beneath it, master of storms and earthquakes.” Elliot said, sarcastically and full of spite, before listening to what she said as they approached his room. He had trusted a daughter of Aphrodite in the past, and she had betrayed him. Every nerve in his body yelled at him to say no, to turn her away, to not trust her. She’s cold and manipulating, a part of his brain screamed out. He even had the words worked out in his head, what he’d say if she argued. He even planned to leave earlier than he had originally planned just so that he could avoid her.
“Ok fine,” Were the words that came out. “But If I don’t like what I hear, or you try even the slightest seduction then we part ways, understood?” Why?! He thought, screaming at himself in his head as he unlocked the door to his room. What is wrong with you? Do you crave companionship that much?
He pushed the thoughts from his mind as he stepped into the small room. There was a double bed with simple cotton sheets, a simple dressing table and wardrobe, a door to the bathroom and a cheap painting on the wall. The wallpaper was faded and starting to crack and curl in places, the curtains were also faded and moth-eaten and the view out of the window showed just a sliver of the docks and the water. Even that was enough to comfort Elliot slightly as he closed the door behind the girl.
“First of all my name’s Elliot. Now what do you want to talk about?” He asked, facing her with his arms crossed, closing himself off but doing his best not to be openly hostile.

"Well Elliott, son of Poseidon, that was quite a show you pulled off in the bar. Those earthquakes were something i dont think I've ever seen some create such a big one. Let's hope there are no monsters vacationing near by. In fact those were so big, you will be having scientist all over the area wondering what was the cause of those the earthquake and after shock. Especially, since your after shock was so big," she walked into his room and looked around to see if it was better than hers, but it wasnt.

Sitting on the bed she continued on."I consider it a compliment that you reaction to me was bigger than to...whatever that guys name in the bar was. What a shame i can't remember, he was a boring jerk anyways. I didn't know if you would come over or not. I knew there was something about you, but I couldn't figure out if you were a demigod or not," his room was just as bad as hers. Not that it bothered Maddie. She knew that if she was going to hide, it couldn't be at a Hilton, Four Seasons, or Ritz Carlton. So here they both were at the sketchy run down motel that would scare away desperate .

Elliot was being curt with her, he was obviously tired after the long travel from where ever he came from, she was hoping frim battle she needed information. "The truth is that I wanted to know about how things are on the war front. I have been here, in London, for close to two months and have yet to hear any developments. Is the amount of casualties less, or more. Please anything you can tell , there are people I care about over there fighting," and plus she needed to know how much time she had to finish up in London.

“You think that was big?” Elliot asked with a laugh. “You shoulda seen what I used to be able to do.” He stopped smiling immediately after he spoke. He’d already said too much and she would definitely know that he had very little control over his powers. He cursed himself in his head. You idiot! She flashes you a smile and you think you can trust her? Look what happened last time! Elliot closed his eyes and tried to clear his mind as Maddie spoke, listening to her story.
“New York has fallen.” He explained as he opened his eyes again, a wave of fatigue washing over him. “That was the last battle I fought before coming here. It didn’t go well for anyone. Lets just say there wasn’t a whole lot left by the time I was done.” He explained, before moving quickly on, not wishing to dwell on it. “Poseidon still has good control of the coastal areas, obviously, and is slowly marching his forces in land, gradually taking land from Zeus. The people are getting more and more afraid, which in turn is making Hades stronger. The last news I heard of him was that he had taken over South America and was forcibly recruiting everyone, monsters, demigods and mortals. Zeus is holding mainland America, and he seemed to be suing for peace. His forces were focussed mainly on defence. Now, unless there’s anything else you want I’m tired and would like to sleep.” Elliot finished bluntly, swaying ever so slightly from fatigue, struggling to keep his eyes open.

The information that Elliott gave was highly distressing, so many lives had been lost already by the time Maddie had left, the fact that more people were being pulled into the war meant that moe death was on the way. Soon the war would cross the atlantic, and it would spread to the rest of the world as well, no where would be safe from the hands of the big three. All her efforts would be for nothing, she had to help the people over in the Americas, and stop the war from coming across the ocean.

Even though Maddie knew that he didn't want her touching him, she stood up and walked him over to his bed, she didn't want to have to pick him up off the floor. With her hands on Elliott, it was hard for her not to give in to her usual habits and seduce him, it was she was use to and she wanted it so bad. Ignoring the feeling she turned back the hard stiff sheets of his bed and laid him down into bed. "Don't be mad at me," she said as she positioned him under the coves. " I know you are tired and that you have been through so much in a short amount of time, but I need your help. You're from here and can help me find the right places. I will be here when you wake."

“What, I don’t-” Elliot struggled to get his words out as he was guided to the bed. Reluctantly he lay down and almost as soon as his head was on the pillow he was asleep. It had been so long since he had slept on a proper bed that he hardly noticed the loose spring in the mattress that jabbed into his side, or the rough itchiness of the bed sheets. As far as he was concerned this bed was perfect, and he didn’t want to leave it. His sleep was mostly peaceful. He didn’t wake up at all and hardly stirred. But then the dream came.
He dreamt that he was sat on a small wooden raft, floating amidst a seemingly endless ocean. Stars filled the black night sky, reflecting brightly on the water’s surface. He tried to use his power to manipulate the water and move the raft and search for land but his power had deserted him. The water rippled close to the raft and he moved, peering into the water and saw a pale shape rising. It got closer and closer and he saw what it was. A body, and he recognised the face instantly. It was an old friend who died in the early days of the war. More and more bodies appeared, drifting upwards, all people he’d met and fought with. He saw the body of Maddie, then of the woman he’d known before her and he turned away, the wind starting to howl, whipping around the small raft. Then he saw the face of his half brother, who had died in his arms in New York. “NO!” Elliot shouted, and his power went crazy. Whirlpools formed all around, the water acme more turbulent, the bodies disappearing as several raging tornados formed, closing in on the raft. As they collided with him he woke, screaming.
He sat upright, taking deep breaths as he calmed himself. Fresh morning sunlight streamed in through the window. He noticed that the glass had broken and several shards lay on the floor, pictures and wall lamps lay askew or completely separated from the floor. He heard commotion outside and still fully dressed he climbed from the bed and moved to look out. People were in the street clearing up all manner of debris. Windows on all the buildings were broken and several cars had crashed in the street. He spotted several ambulances and official looking people, probably scientists. “What have I done?” He muttered to himself as he gathered what little belongings he had and then made to leave, hardly stopping to wonder where Maddie was.

Back
Top Bottom