Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Traveling On The Lonely Road. (open for anyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Please put profiles up. Message me if any questions...)

It had been months since jo had left her friends. Her adventure to find her wolfkin maker was over. Her maker was dead. And her friends had moved on leaving her behind. She always knew it ws going to happen... it was only just a matter of time. With her bag on her shoulder she started down the narrow path beside the creek. The sun was starting to peak over the trees warming the smoothing air. Jo had plans that day... she planned to walk as far as she could to get away from the reminders of what ahe didn't have anymore. She hopped he would meet some new friends through out her new journey and maybe one day bump into a old one.

With the cool summer sun shining through the trees. She used the skills abpast friend had taught her and measured the time. It was nearly 10 in the morning and her stomach growled a little. She found a good spot to set up a small camp to cook the rabbits she had caught a good mile back.

Sam was as usual hunting away from the pack. He was considered to be the best among his clan when it came to self control, and that was why he was allowed to blend with humans a lot. After all, the clan has taken an Oath to defend the humans from other hostile clans that saw humans as food, and it was always good to have someone among the humans, someone who was always close by to watch over them.

Sam was hunting in the forest which was nearby to the city he was staying at for food, and at the same time for any newborn werewolves or other werewolves that were hunting humans. It was only a matter of time before Sam caught the scent of another werewolf, and that was when he followed the scent, as he got ready to attack.

"Might I know what are you doing here? I assure you there are no humans that deep in the forest, and I assure you,, You are going to be long dead before you even thing about hurting anyone!!!" Sam said to other female werewolf who he had spotted. He has also taken an attacking position in case she tried doing anything. After all, he was not sure if she was dangerous or not. However; most of the other packs that lived around were hostile and fed on humans.

Joanna jumped hearing the man's demanding voice. She held her skinned rabbit in both hands as she looked around. Spotting the man she became frightened. A cold chill came over her as she squeezed the rabbit in her hands. The bones would crunch and grind inside the dead rabbit. "I only killed two rabbits..." she said in a frightened voice that broke softly.

Backing up so the man could see the rabbit she had cooking over a fire. "See... I would have ate them raw but my human side still prefer cooked meat...." she slowly bent down to put the rabbit from her hands on the ground, and then stood back up holding her bare hands up in surrender. "I am part human still.. see..." only thing that was not human was the tail and ears she had that hung down as if she had done something so horrible.

"Mmmm. Meat."

Sharp teeth formed a wicked grin and scarlet eyes danced across the trees. One hand tightened around the leather strap that was over one shoulder, pulling the precious cargo it secured closer to his back. The weight it gave wasn't much of a re-assurance, as he needed none, but it was nice to know he had the tools he needed. And now? He might see a chance to use them. It wasn't every day that potential prey stumbled so haplessly into his way. Young too, as best he could tell from the smell. One of them was very young, in fact. Chaser felt his grin only grow.

This was good. All the better even.

His form was incorporeal. A mist that carried him between the trees. A parlor trick at his age but one that still had its uses. He drifted and moved, hugging low to the ground, and wherever possible disappearing completely beneath the underbrush. And as he drew closer to the little camp? He stopped. Kept his distance. Watched. And did not make himself known yet as he observed what was going to happen next.

Seeing the Man not make a move, Joanna figued it was best to just leave quickly. She smuthered the Fire with some water she had in a container. leaving the rabbits she caught that morning behind she grabbed her bag and coat. She watched the scary person as she stumbled off towards the east. As soon as she lost sight of him she started to run as fast as she could.

She ran until she came to a bank of a gushing river. looking behind her to make sure the scary person was not following her she growled out in fustration. She was disapointed that her meal had been ruined and now she had to hunt again. Setting up a new little camp she found a stick long enough to sharpen into a spike, so she could fish.

The obsidian colored blazer drifted slowly off the interstate onto the dark ramp of the isolated rest stop. It's halogen beams fighting to cut through the fog ridden darkness. Piercing blue eyes struggled to catch a glimpse of anything other than the hood ordinate before them. Scott cursed when the found the curve of the road by driving over the curb. Several colorful words escaped his lips as he yanked the wheel back to the left. The thud and jolt of him finding the road once more brought more metaphors of distaste of this area.

Finally, without further occurrences, the blazer came to a rest within the area designated for parking. Scott's training kicking in as he studied the area about him. The fog still heavy pushed him into a state of extra caution before exiting the vehicle to stretch his legs. The long trip now hitting upon the twentieth hour brought discomfort to Scott's average frame of body. 

Stepping out of the vechicle, Scott went into a sense of heightened awareness for he was now in the area of his assignment. His hands coasted near the location of his trusted friend, the 9mm strapped to his side. While his other hand drifted up and over his head while his fingers combed through the coal colored hair atop. 

'Fuck," he sighed to himself as the closed the heavy door to his blazer. His eyes shifting about trying to find a weak spot in the fog wall that was now enveloping him into its fold. Scott's only defense was the sense of hearing which wasn't very comforting for by the time you heard these beast snarling at you they were within their killing range. With this thought his hand found the cold grip of his weapon. 

He slowly moved forward into the flowing mist in search of the building that accompanied most rest stops. His ears picking up the sounds of a river nearby but just far enough that he had to concentrate upon hearing the gargling of its current. It wasn't long before other sounds grabbed his attention. A slight metal banging upon metal took importance over the sound of the river. 

He slowly made his way toward the sound that now had is attention. Slowly he pushed against the barrier wall of fog furthering his distance away from the safety of his blazer. Within moments he found the building which seemed to break the dense fog up enough for him to see the damaged doors. 

"Shit!" Scott muttered for he knew what caused this damage and at the moment he really didnt want to see the dispictable carnage inside. His awareness increased for he also knew that his presents was already known to them. He slowly made his away around the building and was pleased to see the fog giving way and moving out, however, what did disappoint him was the thick forest that now stood before him! 

joanna had spent the day fishing, eating and resting up. When night had fallen she felt it was safe to start traveling again. with her bag on her back she started walking away from the river. What seemed to be a straight line turned out to be a circle, a good hour of walking she ended up near her camp site again by the river.

growling to herself she looked around then sniffed the air til she caught a intresting scent. "hmmm i wonder what smells so good.." she said to herself as she started to follow her nose. Heading straight for what possibly could be danger she slowly kept her ears out and watched her surroundings the best she could. the fog seemed to stay low towards the flooring of the forrest but started getting lighter as she got closer to the source of smell.

Reaching the edge of the forrest she stopped. She could see a figure. It seemed to be heading right for her. Unsure of what to do she glanced around for a hiding spot but there was no where to really hide. feeling a tad brave she reached into her backpack and pulled out her flashlight, turning it on and pointing it right in front of her towards the tall figure. "uh..uh.." she muttered out trying to figure out if she should turn and run or try to talk to the stranger. "don't come any closer... I am armed" she lied hoping the man would not bother her.

Scott stood still while his blue orbs scanned over the area. His gaze followed, probed, searched the white mist as it filtered through the trees. His heart raced with anticipation and what he would never admit fear. The memories of the beast on the battlefield continued to keep his ego in check. Nothing is more deadly than overconfidence and this was a fact proven time and time again on the battlefield. Swallowing hard, for he knew there were beast in the area, he took a few steps back toward his vehicle.

A slight snapping of the forest flooring stopped him in his tracks. His gaze refocused on the rolling fog. His orbs drifted over the area numerous times looking for any signs to what could disturb the forest flooring. Many times in training this very occurrence was used and with each time Scott took it in but it really never settled into him as it was at this very moment. He could hear his heart beating, it felt as if it was in his throat threatening to starve him of oxygen.

With a deep breathe he allowed his training take over. His hand sliding over the familiar feel of his weapons handle. Gaining control over his posture he resumed his search of the fog, however, his search was aided by a blast of light that seemed to cut through the fog in front of him, then before he could even react a soft voice followed right behind the beam.

His blue orbs refocused on the silhouette in front of him as the soft voice warned him to stay back. This was not going to be a problem for Scott did not wish to get any closer at the moment. This was the time for fact finding not dodging bullets or sharp claws. He replayed the words in his head for a moment and came to a conclusion that the figure before him was a female, but that was not any relief at the moment.

"Not a problem!" exclaimed Scott as his hand took a firmer grip on the handle of his weapon. "So, if I may ask are you lost? For I would wonder why a lady would be transversing the forest in this weather?" His eyes tried to penetrate the aura of the light to get a better view, but that wishful thinking was not granted so he had to remain tense and ready just incase.

jo drifted the flashlight down towards the ground before the man. a part of her kept saying she should toss the flashlight towards him and run but she didn't really want to run through the woods in the dark. "No.. Not lost. Just passing through.." her nose kept smelling a sweet cookie like scent. "the weather does not bother me.. I am used to it by now." taking a step back she slipped on a mossy rock and let out a short scream before landing on the forrest floor. The flashlight hit the ground and burst open.

Jo sat there for a moment in shock but kept her eyes locked on the man figure. "you shouldn't be out here, Lot's of dangerous things roams this area..." feeling around for the flashlight she took her eyes off the figure. when she found the flashlight parts and the batteries she quickly put them back in and turned it on, the light flickered as if the batteries where going to die.

A smile came to his face when the woman lowered her light towards the ground. His eyes refocused upon the silhouette, but to his disappointment he still could not get a good viewing of the lady. Still being cautious with his hand ready to pull his weapon.

The reply that was given set Scott back a moment. He wondered what kind of lady would be out transversing a forest in the dark? Not to mention tossing a heavy fog upon that equation as well. His mind set off tossing answers out for him to evaluate. The two answers that came out of this tossing of ideas was that she could be ex military, for he knew a few women whom were in his commando group that would enjoy being out in this weather or that she was more than what she appeared to be, but then it dawned upon him that he has not seen this woman's appearance. He cursed under his breath on how many mistakes he has already made in the short time of this encounter. 

Just as he was going to move closer to this being she seemed to have lost her footing and fell to the forest floor. Her light suffering from the blunt force of the fall gave him the moment he needed to move toward her. Upon his moving to her, her words of warning came to him as he reached her position. His hand pulling the weapon free from its hoister and bringing it to bear upon her. His eyes scouring over her to ensure that she had no weapon that she could bring to bare upon him, but once again the condition of the night prevented him from getting any view of ensurment. He had to get this woman to a lighted area or take her light from her. 

"Stand up!" he ordered her as he kept his weapon upon her. "Put the light together and show me your face." his voice taking on a stronger nature than what he was really feeling. Her words of warning not resting well with him for here she was traveling in this area knowing of its danger. "Who are you?" his voice easing up as he waited for her to answer his questions. 

When jo fixed her flashlight and went to look back to the figure her heart stopped for a moment. all she seen was a gun. She hated guns, they caused loud noises and she seen people shot before. slowly standing up to the order she was given she shook the flashlight gently towards her face. Her brown/red hair covered in leaves and dirt. "My..My..name..is joanna...pa..please don't sho..shoot..I have no weapons." scared out of her little mind her tail behind her body tucked it'self around her leg and her ears lowered as if she had just been scolded. "i'm a.. werewolf.. But I won't hurt you.. I can't live in cities so i live in woods like these..." her blue eyes fixed on his gun. "i smell sweet cookies somewhere around here.. that's the only reason i came this way.."

Her hands shook from the fear of being killed right there in the spot she stood. She cursed herself in her head as she stared down the barrel of the man's gun.

Scott stood there dazed and confused by the claim of this woman. His brow arched over his eye as he tried to take in the information that he was witnessing with his own eyes and the words of this beast. BEAST? His blue orbs looked down his barrel and met with the woman's blue orbs, her fear ridden face, her broken speech all supported the fact that she was riddled with fear. He swallowed hard not understanding for this woman was nothing like the beast he witnessed many years ago, she was not the beast that the Knights trained him to fight and kill with utter hatred for those beast would kill all humankind if given the chance, but yet here is this beast looking at him with riddled fear.

"What are you? " Scott asked not believing her statement of being a werewolf. "Your nothing like what I have seen before nor have been trained to kill." his tone of voice portrayed his confusion. His mind was now like a bowl of jello. Totally not understanding that was going on. He didn't know if he should lower his weapon or keep it trained upon her unless this was one of their tactics when someone held the advantage, yes that had to be it! His eyes hardened as his finger grew firmer upon the trigger. But his mind didn't stop evaluating the encounter, she had plenty of time to rip him into shreds before she slipped but she didn't. The only one that has shown hostility was him.

He looked at her deeper and for the first time he has just realized how soft her eyes, her face looked. She had this forest hardship look to her and her features were different than the ones he witnessed that night. She was almost like an offspring of a human and a fox! And to his surprise he found her attractive.

Slowly he lowered his weapon, no longer wishing to see her scared. "I don't understand?" he whispered to her as he completely lowered his weapon. "The carnage in the building was done by a werewolf but yet here you are and I can't believe you could have done this!" he looked at her deeply once more trying to figure it all out...

(since no one else has posted since Elvenoff on 9-21 the story will move on with scott and jo. When/ if sam or TTTG ever want to join back in just jump back in. Anyone else wants to join be sure to make a profile. I promise i dont bite :3 )

Jo looked at the man a little dazed and confused. Her attention moved to the building he mentioned, her ears perked and her nose wiggled as she sniffed towards it. "Aye it was a werewolf.. male.. he is in his were form.. older.." she propped down on all fours and pawed in a weird way off towards the building. her tail wagged and her nose stayed low to the ground. finally catching the scent of the man she lifted herself to her feet and pointed towards the south. "He went that way.. your not going to hunt him are you?" She asked as she turned towards the building looking for the sweet cookies she was smelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom