Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the Beginning....there was The Darkness: A Search for The Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archmagos Issac

Sir Ser Issac of Clarke of Chad the II
In the beginning there was nothing but the void, The Darkness' domain. Then, God brought the light. With light came the creation of the universe, and with the creation of the universe came mankind. While the Bible would credit God with the creation of mankind, the truth is that it was The Darkness. Banished by light and forced to live in shadow, The Darkness formed a vessel, a means of surviving in light.

He formed mankind, giving mankind a small portion of darkness so It could inhabit the void. Every generation has a host for The Darkness, a man who has the power to unleash the powers of a god. The Darkness lies dormant within the host, waiting patiently until the host's 21st birthday, bestowing It's host the power of shadow and creation. However, God cannot allow The Darkness to exist. While only man can be host to the entity known as The Darkness, woman has the ability to be a host to something else, The Angelus.

The Angelus is the equal and opposite of The Darkness. She is the very light that brought creation and the mortal enemy of The Darkness. For thousands of years, the Angelus has tried to eradicate The Darkness and rid the world of evil. Like The Darkness, The Angelus waits inside of a host until the host's 21st birthday before being unleashed, giving the host the powers of light and creation in much the same way as The Darkness.

The two could be involved in any time period you wish to try. Medieval, Victorian, Colonial, Modern, Future, you name it and it can probably be done. I think it'd be interesting if we followed a criminal and a cop as they come of age to inherit their abilities. Maybe my character being the criminal or my character being the cop. It'd be interesting to do a story where the police officer finally gets the claws to stop crime but at the cost of their humanity and of a great deal of human life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom