Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

~¤ Curse of Loyalty ¤~ ( MissClover X theStig )

Clayton drove along, letting the song pump him up. He knew it was ok to become emotional because Lakota was keeping a grip on his humanity. Suddenly however, he felt that grip begin to loosen. He began to feel himself changing. He slammed on the brakes and managed to pull over. "LAKOTA, WHAT THE FUCK." He started growling, fur was growing on his arms.

Lakota screamed as she was jerked forward from the stop, her mind snapped out of the trance she was in and looked to him, noticing the changes. She gasped and quickly changed her thought process. She took a grip on his humanity, bringing it back to the surface. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry. I was day-dreaming!" She said trying to explain herself. She gave him a frightened look, holding her hands up to shield herself in case he went to hit her. She had not realized she had so much control over the situation.

Clayton felt his humanity return. He took a few deep breaths, ignoring her when she said she was daydreaming. His mind didn't even ask what she was daydreaming about. He saw her cowering. "Lakota..." He paused for a moment. "I'm not going to hit you. What sort of monster do you think I am." He touched her shoulder. "But I do need you to keep focused. I need to stay human through the game. Please...."

Lakota offered him a weak smile. "Okay..." She wouldn't answer his question as to what kind of a monster she thought of his was. It wasn't so much that she thought he would hit her. It was more so a reaction. A habit to say the least. But now that he mentioned it, his temper was hot and short fused it seemed. And the kind of monster he was... well. . . He was a giant wolf. That's what kind. She sat back into the seat and would focus more on him remaining human. She didn't want to piss him off anymore this evening. She felt as if she was skating on thin ice already.

Clayton tried to refocus, he started 'Bitter for sweet' again, which was followed by 'snuff on digital', and then 'stiff kittens' He sang start singing along to each song. Letting himself get lost in the music. His life might be all messed up, he let that fuel his anger. He planned to be ready for the game, one way or another.

When they pulled up, he parked in his lucky spot. Everything was routine now. He went to the trunk and tapped the lock 3 times with his key before opening it. His equipment was in a massive bag, except for the leg pads, which he carried separately. "Well the snackbar should be open, if you are hungry, and I'm sure they will let you sit in the bleachers." He hefted his bag over his left shoulder, and carried his pads in his right hand. "I'll see you after."

Lakota hopped out and would follow behind him, looking around as they walked. Her stomach suddenly grumbled at the sound of the snack bar, but she hadn't brought any money, so she was out of luck when it came to that. She would simply find a place in the bleachers and focus on thinking about Clayton as a human. No wolf thoughts, she told herself. She'd pick a place close to where he would be during the game, making herself comfortable, as she sat back into a chair and propped her feet up into the seat in front of her.

She watched the zamboni go over the ice rink while she began to sing to the empty rink. She began to sing out loud Bones by MS MR. Her voice wasn't all that bad, but it could be considered embarrassing to others that she was singing loud enough to hear it echo back. Occasionally she would stop and giggle. Finally she stood up in the chair in front of her and spread her arms out, belting part of the chorus, "Dig up her bones but leave the soul alone~!" Her voice could be heard all throughout the building, echoing through the hallways, even into the locker rooms.

Clayton had stripped out of his street clothes and put on a tee shirt and gym shorts. He got on the locker room's exercise bike and began peddling hoping to work up a sweat. After about 10 minutes he changed into long underwear and began stretching. Then he heard the singing. Ugh... How annoying. He just wanted to play hockey, why did she have to make her presence felt everywhere. And yet, he had to let her continue.

As he began putting on his pads, cup first, followed by his pants then skates. The singing continued. He just shook his head as he began putting on his large leg pads. People were starting to arrive. He prayed that they would get her to stop singing.

She finished that one song, and would start another a bit more popular in her eyes. She started out softly, ♪♫♪ "You shout it out, but I can't hear a word you say. I'm talking loud not saying much. I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet~.. Shoot me down, but I get up." ♪♫♪ She began to get volume behind he voice, it starting to echo again in the main rink. ♪♫♪ "I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. Fire away, fire away! Ricochet. You take your aim. Fire away, fire away!" ♪♫♪ Lakota begins to pick up some more volume, it reaching beyond the rink, ♪♫♪ "You shoot me down but I won't fall. I am titanium. You shoot me down but I won't fall." ♪♫♪ Finally she belts it out, her voice reaching her the top of her crescendo. ♪♫♪ "I AM TITANIUM!" ♪♫♪

Right at the moment, she noticed some of the other player's girlfriends come in together. She blushed and quickly sat back down, shutting up. She was already ridiculed enough at school for her choice of clothing. There was a reason she avoided choir even though she enjoyed singing. One of the main popular girls was in there, and she generally took all of the solos and had a bad reputation for cutting down anyone else that dared to compete. She found it in her best interest to just stay away until she graduated.

Clayton just shook his head when his teammates asked if he knew who was singing. "Let's just get focused" He said. His teammates didn't really heed him however. As usual, they talked about everything but hockey. It was different for them, they didn't have to stand in front of the target. Clayton kept quiet as he finished strapping on his massive leg pads. He stood up, did a few more stretches. The rest of his equipment would go on very quickly, so there was no longer any rush. Finally he noticed that Lakota had stopped singing. Thank God.

The coach came in, and started talking. Clayton didn't pay attention. His job didn't really change. What could the coach really say to him? 'Oh, yeah, Foy. Try not to let in many goals?' He put on his collarbone protector, then the chest protector over it. He put on his white mask, resting it on the top of his head, then his blocker, and catch glove. Then he grabbed his stick.

A short walk down the tunnel. As always he would lead his team onto the ice. When the door opened, he sprinted onto the ice, he circled a few times, his eyes finding Lakota. He could feel her gripping his humanity. He hoped with all his heart that she'd hold it. He circled around his team's half of the ice a few times before going and scratching his crease and checking his angles. Then warmups. Greg Saffel, the team's captain took simple shots directly at him for a while, before the rest of the team would join in. For now, Clayton could forget all that was happening.

Lakota sat the the end of a row, near the stairs just in case she needed to take a bathroom break. As the game started she watched Clayton, not even bothering with paying attention to the puck and it's position or the score for that matter. However, when she did look to the score board, she didn't know if she should feel nervous or not. It was close as far as she could tell. The tension was thick and she made sure to keep a good grasp on keeping Clayton as a human. Though as the stakes were heightened, she could feel a tugging, as if his anger was fighting with her. But she only pushed back, keeping him in check.

It was nearing the end of the game and we had control of the puck. Things seemed to be going well besides the current tie. but we were on our way to shoot the winning shot. Lakota was staring intently on Clayton though, before she was interrupted by one of Valerie's friends.

"Hey, dork. Why are you staring at Clayton like that?" She stood over her on the stairs, looking down on her with arms crossed.

Lakota jumped a bit, not expecting someone to talk to her. Her concentration was broken and she stuttered to answer, "I'm uhhm.. well..." As she spoke the puck's control was taken over by the other team. "I was just, doing research on goalies!" She sucked at lying to say the least.

Danielle gave her a look like she was crazy and shook her head. "You're such a fucking liar. Look, I know you were talking to Clayton earlier, but you need to back off. He's Valerie's." She pointed over to where Valerie was sitting, which wasn't too far away.

Lakota wasn't about to sit here and let this little bitch tell her who Clayton belonged to. She stood up, still several inches shorter than Danielle when she stood on the step and in heels. Lakota's converses didn't do too much when it came to making her taller. "Valerie can't OWN him. And if I want to look at him I will!" Her own anger was rising and she had began to forgot that she needed to keep him in as a human.

The opposing team was beginning to close in on making a shot, drawing closer and lining up. The people stood up in the stands, holding their breath in hopes Clayton would keep the point from being scored. It would mean overtime, but it was better than a loss.

Danielle pushed at Lakota for a moment. "Oh yeah! I'll make you regret you ever said that!" She reached forward and grabbed Lakota by her shirt and pulled at her to drag her out from within the row while she was still off balance from being pushed. The people around them began to notice the fight transpiring as Lakota was dragged out to the stairs.

Clayton was having a stellar game. Somehow, being connected to Lakota seemed to have a strange effect on him, though he didn't want to admit it. He had let in a goal, but considering the shelling he had taken, nobody could blame him. They should have been losing 6-0, but his goal tending, and a quick shot by Greg had made it 1-1, time was running out.

The other team was charging down the ice, a breakaway. Clayton skated from his crease to cut off the angle. Suddenly, he felt his grip on humanity slip. "LAKOTA!" he screamed in a voice that resembled a growl.

His humanity returned. As the skater rushed in Gabriel stacked the pads and slid towards him. He tried to shoot it over Clayton who was on his side, but Clayton snagged the puck out of the air with his catch glove. The ref blew the whistle as the skater smashed his stick on the ice in frustration.

To many in the crowd, it appeared as though Clayton had just screamed out a name, as if for inspiration before making the save of his life. That name was Lakota.
Valerie had heard and seen enough. First Clayton is all over her in the halls, now he yells her name out? She pulled out her phone. "Why don't you take your little trailer bitch to the dance instead?"

Lakota was being pulled from the row when she suddenly heard her name get called out. The voice was familiar and she suddenly remembered what was happening. She looked back to the rink and saw Clayton attempting to defend the goal. She closed her eyes tightly and pictured him as a human, taking the reigns back on his humanity. Just as she was getting Clayton back on track, Danielle shoved her in frustration, pushing her down the stairs. Lakota's balance was lost and she fell backwards. She reached back and tried to catch her fall. Her wrist caught the corner of one of the stairs and she could feel it twisting under her weight. She slid down the stairs and bit as the crowd rushed around her, keeping Danielle from doing anymore harm. Lakota laid upside down on the stairs for a moment, tears swelling up in her eyes and she suddenly just wanted to go home. She was helped up to her feet and she made an exit from the stands, heading to the bathroom. Her wrist was aching as she held it tightly. She went into the bathroom and would close herself in a stall, continuing to try to think about Clayton and keeping him human. She sat by herself, crying as she pulled her legs up close to her chest, wrapping her arms around them to keep them up ontop of the toilet seat.

The game went to a shootout. Clayton could feel Lakota's grip on him lesson, but it held. Each team got 5 breakaway shots on goal. Clayton would not watch his team shoot. Superstition again. He let in two, but the other goalie let in 3. His team charged out from the bench and hugged him.

After the game, Clayton took his time undressing. He cringed when he read the text. Val was a bitch herself, but Clayton knew that he was finished socially. Unless of course he could find a way back into her good graces. He'd stay away from her this weekend though, and try on Monday. He needed to be away from her while she was mad.

He packed up his gear and then showered. Taking his time. It would do no good to be seen with Lakota. Although, if she were waiting outside, people would put two and two together. Finally he emerged. Freshly showered in his street clothes. Though he had only buttoned his dress shirt partway up, and did not have his tie on. He looked for Lakota. He wanted to know what the hell had happened.

Lakota had heard the game finish and the bathroom filled then emptied again. The halls were beginning to grow quiet and she finally uncurled from the seat. She placed her feet back onto the floor and sighed softly. Her face was stained with her tears and make-up. She finally got up from the toilet and went to the sinks and stood in front of a mirror splattered with water from earlier. She would attempt to clean her face with some cool water, trying to bring down the redness on her face. It was amazing how much tears could ruin her make-up but water barely made a difference when trying to wash it away. She cussed silently to herself when she couldn't seem to come clean. She kicked at the air a bit and turned the water off. She wished she had her hoodie so she could hide her face in it's shadows, but she'd had to face Clayton like this. She finally came out from the bathroom and would look in each direction. She saw him and almost panicked, wanting to slip back into the bathroom, but it was too late. She smiled weakly, stepped back a bit against the wall. She was nervous and feared he was going to yell at her.

Clayton approached her, a grim look on his face. He could see she had been crying. She obviously felt bad. Good. "Let's go" is all he said. He would wait to talk to her until they were in the car. He would start the car and put on some enigma to relax himself a bit. "What happened there Lakota. You made me a promise." He spoke softly, but there was a strong edge to his voice. His anger clear. He would not start driving, not while there was the risk of him changing.

She had followed him, with her head down. Her usual peppy self had disappeared and was put away. She held her wrist which was beginning to already swell. When they got to the car, she used her left hand to open the door, it was a little awkward but she managed. She sat into the seat and would buckled herself in. His tone made her uncomfortable, and she felt like apologizing almost immediately. "I'm sorry. Danielle was talking to me and I lost my train of thought." She didn't want to tell him what they had talked about, and more importantly being thrown down the stairs. She hoped he hadn't noticed. Given his attitude she figured he didn't, otherwise he might have shown a little more sympathy, or at least she would have hoped.

Despite the music, her heart was beginning to race and she just wanted him to start driving. She felt trapped in the parked car. Hopefully he would begin driving and talk while they rode along, but something inside her said he might pry more before they would pull out.

Clayton noticed how she was nursing her arm. "You're hurt" He said. In his long years in sports he had become good at recognizing an injury, especially if the injured were trying to hide it. "What happened to your wrist." He was still angry with her, and did not give her a chance to answer. "So, you got in a fight, and that caused you to lose focus. Lakota. I held up my end of the bargain. All you had to do is fucking sit there and keep me human." His voice was getting louder. "Do you realize that you cost me my date with Valerie for next week? Was that your plan?"

She turned away, turning red when he noticed she was hurt, before she could answer him, he went on, accusing her. She let her wrist go and would begin to unbuckle herself, wanting to just get away. His words and accusations were piercing her heart and she wanted to escape from this prison of a car.

Of course it wasn't her plan to ruin his date with Valerie! It wasn't her plan to get thrown down the stairs either! She whimpered a little bit, reaching for the door, but since she had unbuckled herself, she noticed Clayton was smart enough and locked the door, keeping her in this jail of torture. She tried the door, wanting to escape.

Clayton knew she was going to try to leave. He moved quickly to keep her locked in. "Once again you fuck with my life, and then try to run away. He could see that he was hurting her, badly. Some part of him felt bad. "Fuck!" He yelled. He looked forward for several moment, taking deep breaths. "Look, I'm starving. I'm going to drive through McDonalds. Can you keep me human long enough to do that? I'll buy you dinner. Just answer yes or no, and then sit there quietly."

She sat there on the verge of tears. But once he finally rubbed in that he needed her to eat she started to grow angry with him. He didn't want her around for any other reason than to keep himself human. She wondered if his anger alone would keep him a wolf forever if she wasn't there. She slowly looked to him, knowing there was only one answer he wanted to hear. She shook her head. "No." On that note she turned away, and closed her eyes, wanting him to turn into a wolf who couldn't say anything else to her that hurt her feelings. His barks and growls were scary to say the least, but at least they didn't say anything specific.

Clayton suddenly found himself turning into a wolf. He tried to offer words of protest, but unlike when he turned naturally, her willing the transformation happened very quickly. So his words came out as barks. He quickly readjusted himself and he sat on the driver's seat, barking at Lakota furiously.

She laid her head against the glass of the window, sighing as she finally felt more at ease. Clayton as a wolf was becoming far less intimidating. Though his barks were loud in the car, it was better than his words. She opened her eyes a bit to look out into the parking lot. She began to cry as she pulled herself up against the door. She wished the peg didn't disappear down into the door when it was locked, otherwise she would have already gotten out. She didn't want him to see her crying, but if she had to choose, him as a wolf watching was better than as a human.

As a wolf, Clayton was a ball of feeling and nerves. He saw Lakota crying, and felt sadness. He couldn't quite string the logic together that she deserved to be crying, that she was at fault. Instead, all he knew is that she was sad, and that it was his fault somehow. He came closer to her, and began licking her face, it was the only thing he knew that might cheer her up.

Lakota pulled her shoulder up to her cheek to shield herself, but it wouldn't help much, she giggled a bit, unable to cry with him licking her. She turned a bit. "Clayton~!" She said with a smile, pushing him back. His licking lightened her spirits, definitely cheering her up. She would scratch him behind his ear as if saying thank you. She really did appreciate him trying to cheer her up.

Hearing his name, filled him with joy. Then... she scratched him behind the ear. What ecstasy. He barked loudly, but it was a happy joyful bark. He leaned into the scratch and began to lick her face more. He was happy oh so happy. He barked again merrily. as he began to cross the armrest into her seat.

Back
Top Bottom