Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

~¤ Curse of Loyalty ¤~ ( MissClover X theStig )

MissClover

Super-Earth
​It was nearing the end of February​ and the weather was still cold in Pennsylvania. The sun had already set and the temperature was dropping. Lakota made sure to bundle up since she couldn't get a ride to the diner that night. Her father was working late and she didn't have a car to drive. However, she could always rely on her feet. Plus, the old time StarLite Diner was only a fifteen minute walk from her dad's house. Her long red wool coat was bright enough in the dark that any oncoming traffic would easily see her, but they only passed without even slowing down to see if she needed a ride. The double breasted coat was buttoned all the way from the top of her neck down to her hips, from that point the coat flared out and hung down just below her knees creating the effect of a dress. Her legs were covered by a pair of dark black skinny jeans, but the ends of the jeans would disappear down into the fuzzy fabric inside of her ankle high winter converse boots. They looked like the traditional converse style with the black fabric and white accents.

As Lakota walked, she would glance down at her phone, checking the time. When she first started to the diner, the game would have ended. She wasn't much into hockey, but when she had the chance, she would go and watch Clayton. He was easy to keep her eye on since he was the goalie. She thought about what he might be doing by this point. He mentioned he didn't like to see her right after the game, something about being sweaty and gross. She could understand that. She wouldn't want him to see her all sweaty either, granted she didn't sweat much in the first place.

She slipped her phone back into her pocket while she continued to walk. The wind came through and pushed her long wavy blonde locks of hair forward. Granted the wind was cold, it was better to have it come from behind. It felt like nature was helping her move forward versus against her. She had a good feeling about tonight's dinner with Clayton. She was finally going to ask him to take they relationship public. She knew they had only been together for 2 weeks now, but she really thought they had something special. She always got the butterflies when she watched him pass by in the halls at school and even more so when she was so close to him. Her excitement put a hop in her step and she almost began skipping.

In no time, Lakota arrived to diner and walked up into the restaurant. It was a very small place and it wasn't ever busy, so they allowed you to seat yourself. She choose a booth near the middle of the front, so she could see out into the parking lot. She would wait patiently there, occasionally checking her phone for the time or any messages. The waitress would swing by to give her a water, but Lakota would wait to order until Clayton arrived.

( And for my partner I need to call on my tame roleplayer... Some say he never blinks and that he hasn't used the restroom in over eight years. All I know is, he is called theStig. )

The buzzer sounded. That sound every goalie lived for. The end. Clayton Foy looked up at the scoreboard. They had won 2-0, his third shutout of the year. His team swarmed him. They knew full well why they had won, why they were having the best season in school history. From the stands chants of "Foy's our boy" resounded. The small town had little to celebrate. The hockey team provided a source of pride. Clayton, the goalie, had backstopped them to a lossless season. Still as he shook hands with the other team, as well as showering, a pit was growing in his stomach.

Lakota. She was a nice girl, who got him on a lot of levels that even his best friends didn't. She knew about his secret geeky side, and loved him for it. However, he did not feel the same way about her. He liked her alright, but he did not see a long term future with her. Plus, he could never be with her around his teammates. She was a bit of an outsider in the school. To make matters worse, rumors had it that Valerie Hexal had developed a crush on him. One did not say no when the homecoming queen issued a summons.

Part of him wanted to stay with Lakota, part of him knew it was the best thing to do. He couldn't however, the social pressures at school were too great. Maybe after hockey season, when he no longer needed his teammates, he could try again with her. If he could make a "temporary break" and keep her on the hook for a few months...

He pulled up to the café in his BMW M3. Being born with wealth had its privileges. He entered and quickly found Lakota. He sat across from her and started with "We need to talk." He hoped to get through this quickly, so that he could get to Pap's Bowling Alley, where the team, and Valerie would be waiting.

~¤ Curse of Loyalty ¤~

Lakota's eyes lit up when she noticed Clayton's car pull up. Her body shifted with excitement in the booth while she watched him exit his car. She noticed how quickly he came in and sat down. It made her heart skip a couple beats. She knew he was just as eager to see her as she was to see him. When he didn't waste much time telling her that they needed to talk, she instantaneously concurred, "I agree!"

She wouldn't stop to breath as she was a long winded girl. One of Lakota's downfalls was her talkativeness when she was comfortable with someone. Sometimes she just didn't know when to shut up and listen. Without skipping a beat, she continued, "I have been thinking about this and I feel like we have had a wonderful past two weeks. I feel like this is it. This is really what life is about. You know? Finding that one person that makes you so happy inside that you could just," she motioned with her hand bringing them together in front of her chest and pulling them apart quickly and spreading her fingers out as they separated up into the air. "Poof! Just your heart explodes with happiness!"

Her smile reached ear to ear as she continued to jabber on about things. "It's like this is what we live for!" Her index finger jabbed down at the tables surfaces as she emphasized her words. "Finding our one true mate! And I really feel like we have that here, Clayton! I really think we should come out about our relationship and show everyone how in love we are with each other!"

She reached across the table, wanting to take his hand into hers. "Tell me you want this too... This is what you wanted to talk about! Right?" Her big blue eyes looked up to his, wide and glossy with excitement while she awaited his response. Deep down she knew he wanted her back just as much as she wanted him and she couldn't wait to hear those words from his lips.

Sadly, the waitress knew what was happening. She stepped back behind the counter and would wait. She had a feeling they weren't going to be eating tonight. She frowned as she idly watched to see if the boy would break this girl's heart.

Clayton did not take her hand. Instead he shied away from her. Leaning back. For a moment, he considered what she was saying. It would be so easy to take her up on her offer, to be with her. He could take her to the bowling alley, arm around her. His teammates might respect him for it.

No! He couldn't. He wouldn't. She was clearly crazy, talking about a deep relationship after just two weeks. Guys like him didn't go for girls like her. Girls like her, didn't get to be with guys like him. She should be grateful for the attention he gave her! He steeled his heart. "Lakota, I really like you, I do, but...." He remembered his plan, keep her on the hook. "We are having the biggest season in school history. I can't have any distractions. I can't be the boyfriend you deserve. We can't be together, even to just date... right now. Maybe after the season finishes, we can try again. But for now, I need to be alone."

Lakota's face seemed to melt when he not only didn't take her hand, but moved away. Her lips gaped open slightly as he started to say they shouldn't be together. Once he finished, she slowly started to shake her head. "...No..." Her voice was soft at first but would start to get some volume as she went on, "..no... No. NO~!"

She reached over to him more to grab him by his coat. "You can't say that! I won't let you! I don't have to be a distraction! I promise! I can help you! If you just didn't keep me a secret you wouldn't have to worry as much about sneaking around!" She frowned, not even stopping there for him to answer.

"Is it because I haven't let you have sex with me? Is that it? If it is, I.. I'm sure we can work something out! I know I'm a little shy, but I could try to give you a blow job here and there! I'll swallow! I swear! I'll do anything~!" Her eyes began to water as she nearly crawled over the table trying to get closer to him. "Just tell me what I need to do! I don't care! Is it my hair? Would you prefer it to be black or red? I can dye it!!" She begged, reaching her other hand to grab the other side of his coat, wanting to keep him there.

Her mind was racing with all the things she did wrong. She didn't understand. She never pressured him to visit her and she never complained about being his little secret. She understood why, but this was uncalled for. Maybe is she didn't ask to be a public item he wouldn't have wanted to break up. She suddenly wished she hadn't said anything and let him speak first. Maybe things would have turned out better. More in her favor.

Clayton could see the pain that he was causing her. This innocent creature and it tore him up inside. He wanted to help her to comfort her, make her feel better. She truly had done nothing wrong really. Still he would not stop himself from breaking it off. He cared for her, but he cared for his social standing more.

"It's nothing you did, or can do. I just need to be single for the hockey season. It shouldn't be much longer, and then maybe we'll see where we are. The door isn't shut completely, this isn't our period, its more of a dot dot dot. Who knows what might come after?"

Even as he said it, his thoughts wandered to Valerie. He needed to get out of here, and to see her soon.

Her eyes watered to the point where she began to cry. "Please, Clayton! Don't do this to me! I love you!" She climbed up onto the table and wrapped her arms around his neck, crying onto his shoulder as she began sobbing.

The waitress's jaw dropped as she slipped into the back to ask the manager what she should do. Surely the girl was causing a scene and needed to be asked to calm down or leave. One of the two. She felt bad for the girl, but she also felt bad for the boy. Clearly this girl was crazy. Unstable even.

Lakota clung to Clayton, her chest heaving as she tried to continue, "I-I-I thought you loved me back! I really thought we were something. Something sp-special~! P-please! Clayton! I beg you. Don't do this! You love me! You know you love me!!" She weeped, slobbing on his coat as she continued to cry. She was delirious and infatuated with this boy. So much that she didn't even tell her best friend that she was dating him because he told her to keep their relationship a secret. And everyone knows how hard it is for a girl in love to keep it from her best friend... She was head over heels for this boy and she'd do whatever it took to keep him.

It was pure reaction that caused Clayton to wrap his arms around Lakota. Part of him very much wanted to just hold on to her until she stopped crying. However he knew that he could not. He still held her for a few moments and whispered into her ear. "We may still be able to be together. After hockey season, we can talk about giving it another try. Maybe I'll discover my true feelings for you then. This isn't our end."

Even as he said that he began to move. He stood and twisted so that he would be able to sit her down gently on the seat while he untangled her arms, leaving her in the booth while he would be standing, able to leave. "You are a great girl Lakota. This doesn't change that."

She clung onto him tighter, her arms moving reluctantly when he was trying to re-position of them. "No! Don't do this! P-please!" She continued to beg him, her body not wanting to leave his. She reached for his arms, his chest, whatever she could grab she would. She would refuse to be let go or let down.

She moved along with him, trying to stay close. "Please, Clayton!" Her tears continuing to fall, messing up what little make-up she did wear. "I don't want a break! I know how they turn out! It never works out! My best friend Kelsey took a break from her boyfriend a year and a half ago and they still haven't got back together! Don't you see! This is the end if you do this!" She pleaded with him to re-think things, to give them another shot. "Don't do this to us! We're perfect for each other! Don't leave me! Please!!!" She was screaming through her tears now, clinging onto him. Lakota was dragging herself over the table and across the booth to follow him. She would even go to the extent of following him out to his car if he even managed to get that far.

Clayton was considerably stronger than her, so he used some of that advantage to remove her hands from his jacket. "Goodbye for now, Lakota." He did not want to get into an argument with her about what their future might hold. It was one that he could not win, and he did not want to make any promises that they would indeed get back together, not with the possibility that he might end up with Valerie at any rate.

He would do what he could to get her off of him, and then would go for his car. If he could get away, he would get into it and drive away, leaving her there, and trying to put her face, twisted in agony out of his mind.

Lakota struggled to keep up with his car, chasing after him until he was too far gone. Her knees dropped down to the ground and her hands followed behind as she hunched over, crying as her heart began to break. She cried for a long while until the waitress came out, pulled her up from the pavement and brought her back in. The waitress was nice enough to buy Lakota a hot fudge sundae and tell her that everything was going to be alright. Things always had a way of working themselves out.

Over the weekend she had time to sit and think about things, reflecting on what was said and what was to come. She finally decided that perhaps she just needed to be supportive and show him she could be good for him. Something more than just a distraction. She spent Sunday night baking some cookies and cupcakes, using them to create a Warhammer terrain on a large cookie sheet with the cupcakes, and making cookie figures that stood on them. She took several Snapchats of the creation, sending them to him. One reading, 'I made you something special!'. Another of her taking a bite of an extra cupcake, 'Super yummy~!' And another of the shape of a little man made out of cookie on her tongue with a speech bubble yelling, 'Don't eat me!' Then finally in the chat feature she added, "You can come over now if you'd like and get them, or I can bring them to school early in the morning for you."

Clayon left her there and went to the bowling alley. Where he spent most of his time hanging out with Valerie. Lakota was quickly pushed from his mind. He stayed out late, but avoided going to the after-after party, where beer would be served. Clayton was completely straight edge, completely dedicated to his sport. None of his teammates mentioned it. Had he demanded it, they probably would have stopped drinking themselves. Hockey teams were always a tad scared of angering their goalie, or doing anything that would upset their fragile state of mind.

Saturday, Clayton spent the day trying to decide if he should call Valerie. On Sunday, when his phone vibrated, he got excited. She had sent him a message! Imagine his disappointment when it was Lakota, snapping him repeatedly. He cursed when she offered to bring them to school. He would have to go over there.

He drove over, and knocked on the door. His plan was simple. To politely take the baked goods, thank her, and then leave. He'd have some excuse about homework or practice or whatever so that he wouldn't have to stay.

Lakota knew the sound of his car from most others. So when she heard him pull up, she was on her feet in a matter of seconds. She rushed to the door and opened it just as he knocked. Plus she didn't want her dad coming up from the basement to ask who was there so close to bedtime. "Clayton! You came!" She stepped back motioning for him to come in. She had some doubts that he would have ignored her Snapchats or possibly even worse, tell her to throw them away. Of all the scenarios she had played out in her head, this was by far the best one. It was a clear sign that he loved her. She knew it for sure now.

"The cupcakes are probably still warm! I used both vanilla and chocolate cake mix because I didn't know which you would like best. But I figured this would be a great way to learn more about you! And I made both chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies! I know sometimes I want one or the other depending on my mood, but I normally prefer sugar cookies. You know, they are sugary sweet where as chocolate chip cookies are rich and sweet! Either way though I like both!" She could go on but she managed to stop herself and step away from the door and start for the kitchen, expecting him to follow her. "They are back this way in the kitchen. I left them on the island because I was scared to move them. Sometimes I can be a little clumsy. Especially if I am nervous. Kind of like that first time we went out on a date and I spilled all the popcorn in the theater." She giggled, her soft chuckle showing obvious nervousness. There was a part of her that still feared he would attempt to tell her the same thing he did the other night at the diner. She definitely didn't want a repeat of Friday night. Hearing it twice would just be too cruel.

Clayton was impressed, and frightened by the baking display. She had clearly worked all day. She also talked incessantly. He could tell that she did not quite get that they were "broken up." Broken up?! They hadn't even had a relationship, just a few dates. It was absurd.

"I-uh, thank you Lakota. These are great. I'll be sure to try all of them." He couldn't possibly eat all this, he didn't eat sweets during hockey season. If his parents were home he'd give them the food. "Well, I'll take these and be on my way, lots of homework still needs to be done." Tomorrow, he'd make sure he was seen walking with Valerie. Perhaps that would give her the message. She'd hate him, but it would be for the best.

Lakota frowned, not wanting him to go so soon. "Whoa whoa! Wait. You just got here. Surely you didn't come over to just pick up the sweets and leave! You wouldn't have come over if you didn't actually want to see me." She attempted to convince him along with herself. She refused to think he was bother coming over if there wasn't something else he wanted.

She stepped between him and the cupcakes, placing her hands on each side of his arms, looking up to him with her baby doll eyes. "Come on, don't you want to sit on the couch and make out? Maybe put on a movie?" It was the best she could come up with to get him to stick around. She knew she had broken off making out before it got too heated. She was very nervous about taking things past second base. Still she tried to persuade him, running her hands up and down his arms softly, hoping he could feel her touch through his coat. She was dressed in a soft pajamas, the pants plaid and loose, hanging over her bare feet and her top was bottomed up just barely above her breasts, the sleeves rolled up from where she had been baking. You could see little spots of flour here and there on her red and black plaid pajamas, the white powder basically fading the parts it clung to. It was a sure sign she had worked fairly hard on the baking. Perhaps these were even the pajamas she had slept in the night before. . .

Clayton shook away from her hold on his arms and took a few steps back from her, towards the door, he quickly grabbed the baked goods. He did not want to leave them here, and have her show up with them at school tomorrow. "I don't think that's such a good idea Lakota. I meant what I said before. I appreciate all the work that you did, but... I need to go. As soon as the hockey season ends, I'll call you. I promise." As soon as he said it, he regretted it. However, he wouldn't take it back. He hoped it would get him out of here.

He went for the door, hoping to leave quickly.

Lakota hurried to the door to step in front of him. "Well, what about the cookie sheet? Surely you'll bring it back to me before the hockey season ends... right? My dad doesn't bake much, but if he needed to, he'd kill me if he knew it was missing." She leaned up against the door and smiled up to him. "And do I not even get a kiss for all my hard word? Just a little quick kiss?" She closed her eyes and puckered up her lips, expecting him to give her at least a peck. She made sure to press her lips together and outward to give him the hint she wanted it on them versus her cheek. She'd wait there with her eyes closed and her lips pierced together.

Inside her mind she was telling herself that he really just had homework and was in a hurry. He couldn't wait for tomorrow for her to give them to him because he was so anxious to get them. That explains things. That would make more sense. He was absolutely head over heels for her and just this short chance to see her was enough to get him through the night. She was sure that was the case. Especially since he reassured her that after the hockey season was over he would call. She felt bad that he was going to torture himself for the rest of the season not seeing her. She figured she start doing little things here and there for him to help him through the season so he wouldn't go crazy without her.

Clayton did not want to kiss her. He wanted to get out of there, now! She was acting so pathetic, it ripped at his heart, and turned his stomach at the same time. "I will bring the cookie sheet back at some point." He said. Hopefully it would be after she had given up this idea that they should be together.

She was indeed asking for a kiss right on her lips. Clayton could see her puckering up. How could he get passed her? He deftly sild his right leg behind hers, placed a quick peck on her forehead and balanced the cookie sheet on his forearm as he grabbed the knob. He was out the door in a flash, heading towards his car.

When she felt Clayton's lips on her forehead, her lips relaxed and she sighed softly, her eyes opening to see him slipping right by her and leaving. He had swindled his way out and she was left standing there in a pool of disappointment. She turned to see him walking to his car. Instead of chasing after him, she thought it would be best to just stay inside. Plus, she was barefoot after all. She quietly whispered her good bye and closed the door. She leaned up against it afterwards as an emptiness began to fall over her. Was this really the end? She was for sure the cupcakes would make him realize how much she loved him and that she was perfect for him.

She stood back up from the door and started back into the kitchen. All the baked goods were gone and she had nothing to show for them. All her hard work was for a brief meeting and a kiss on the forehead. She release yet another sigh and began to clean up. She reassured herself that tomorrow would be better. She'd get to see him at school and trade smiles in the hallways between classes. Her smile returned as she began to imagine those butterflies. Lakota was determined...

Clayton drove away, shaking his head. At home he put all of the baked goods, save one in Tupperware and in the fridge. He ate one cupcake, admitting that it was good. It changed nothing. He still wanted to be rid of Lakota.

The next day at school, Clayton found Valerie sitting on the bench in the locker court, he approached her. "I figured you'd text me or something Clayton, I was waiting all weekend." She said with eyes batting. Clayton, made the excuse that he was busy, not wanting to admit that he was too shy to. As they sat, they made plans for the dance in 2 weeks, following the game. He made sure that they would be overheard. He wanted news to get around that he was with Valerie now. That should rid him of Lakota.

Lakota came to school the next day sporting a baggy white sweater with tiny little holes in it that allowed you to barely see that she was wearing a black t-shirt underneath with some band artwork on it. But it was hard to make out what the band was or the artwork for that matter. Her thin legs were covered by black acid washed skinny jeans that disappeared down into her white Doc Martins with black laces. Her wavy hair was pulled back into a low side ponytail, pulling all her hair down over her left shoulder. She carried a beige messenger bag with several pockets and compartments over her right shoulder and held her hand over the top of it.

As she walked through the locker court she noticed Clayton talking to Valerie but didn't think too much about it. She tried to smile at him, but he was too occupied to notice, so she just kept moving. She couldn't approach him at school anyhow. It was part of the rules he laid out for her. She got to her shared locker. Since she was a sophomore, she had to share a locker, unlike the seniors who had their own. She opened it and grabbed her book for her upcoming class, Physics. She was a rather smart girl when it came to academics, but not so much in common sense. Just as she was about to close her locker, her best friend and locker mate grabbed the door, stopping her.

"Hey! Wait a second, I need to grab my English book." Kelsey was a little disorganized and got the top part of the locker, it was easier for her to just toss in her books, whereas Lakota had the small bottom part where how she positioned her books mattered. Kelsey reached in past her and pulled out her English book, several of her other books falling out. Her math book in particular taking a direct hit to Lakota's toe.

Lakota yelped out and jumped back pulling her foot back, "Ooow~! Kelsey!" She whined, bending down to help pick up some of the books. "This wouldn't happen if you put them in right!" She stood up and handed over the books she picked up only to watch them get thrown back in and the door slammed. Lakota knew when she opened the locker again, they would just fall back out. She sighed and rolled her eyes a little. Once again her advice fell on deaf ears.

Kelsey started to walk with Lakota since their classes were practically in the same direction. "So, you'll never guess what I overheard just a couple minutes ago..."

Lakota looked to her and attempted to make a guess, "That we are going to get school uniforms?"

Kelsey winced and shook her head, "No way!" She skipped ahead a bit and turned to face her as she walked backwards, "I'll give you a guess... It has to do with the dance coming up."

Lakota racked her brain for possible things that Kelsey might have overheard. "That they are going to have a renaissance themed dance?!" Her voice got a little excited that the idea that she would get to dress up how she enjoyed. She knew that they were debating over that or an Under the Sea theme. Perhaps they came to a decision.

Kelsey shook her head and fell back beside Lakota and began to walk normally. "Clayton asked Valerie to go and she agreed... I guess after the game Friday they hooked up at the bowling alley." She grinned, loving gossip. "Can you believe it! It's like a match made in heaven."

Lakota stopped suddenly at the news and when Kelsey only when on about them being a match made in heaven she snapped, "No! Clayton isn't like her!" She cupped her mouth, realizing she probably shouldn't have said anything. "I uh.. I mean, he probably isn't.. uhm.. you know.. into girls like that."

Kelsey looked at her funny and pulled her to the side of the hallway. "You have a thing for him, don't you?" She asked, her smile fading to that of disappointment. She knew Lakota would never get the chance to be with Clayton. He didn't go for the outcasts. It was social suicide.

Lakota shrugged, trying to play it off. "It's not a big thing or anything." She looked down and bit the corner of her lower lip. It was obvious.

"Oh my god..." She finally put two and two together, figuring it out. "That way you look at him in the hallways... You've got a crush on him!" Right then the bell rang.

"I've got to go." She rushed off and headed to her physics class. She was red with embarrassment and anger even. She wasn't going to stand for this... Clayton was hers.

Clayton managed to avoid Lakota for the rest of the day. Though many people had come up to him for confirmation that he was going to the dance with Valerie. Word was getting around. Hopefully it would reach Lakota. At school, she wouldn't dare touch him. His social standing would make it suicide to try.

At lunch he could sense her staring at him, when he looked at her he could see it was much more of a glare. She didn't seem to care at all that he was returning her gaze. It made Clayton uncomfortable. Though it also relieved him. She would give up on them, even if she hated him. Plus, once the season was over, it wouldn't be hard to turn that anger into lust, if he wanted to.

Once school was done, he quickly drove to her house, and left the cookie sheet leaning on her front door. Thus cutting any ties between them. As he got back into his M3, he breathed a sigh of relief. He was free.

The next day, he wore his typical game day attire, shirt and tie beneath his jersey. Because he was the goalie, his sweater was nearly the size of a tent. He looked rediculous, but nobody would dare criticize him. Again he sat next to Valerie before school chatting about the night's game. Dennison Prep was hardly a real threat to break their unbeaten streak. The real test was in two weeks, before the dance.

The rest of the school day went by slowly for Lakota. She heard random people talking about the two and it was driving her crazy. Like nails being hammered into her head. Whenever study hall came around, she would use her computer to begin looking up ways to win Clayton back. She knew he didn't love Valerie. She was fairly certain he only loved her. Perhaps he was just having some issues with infidelity. She told herself he could get past it. She was a forgiving person and everyone made mistakes. This was just a little mistake he was making. No big deal. She could help him. . .

Her browser was filled with tabs that talked about how to encourage loyalty in a relationship, Christian forums on dealing with cheaters and so on. Eventually the trail of sites began to turn less innocent. She needed something she could force on him. Something he couldn't escape from. White and/or Black magic... Witchcraft. She began looking at spells she could cast on him to make him loyal to her. He already loved her, loyalty was all he lacked.

Kelsey leaned over to see what she was working on when she noticed a big smile appear on Lakota's face. Her stomach sank and she began to wonder how far she would take things. Even though she knew she wasn't cruel enough to do harm to Valerie. "Whatcha looking at?" She pried, trying to act dumb.

"Oh nothing. Just some stuff for my history project." She said blankly, clicking on another tab about Joan of Arc. She looked to Kelsey and smiled. "You know, boring stuff. Like Joan of Arc and stuff." She watched Kelsey give her an odd look before leaning back over. Lakota sighed and went back to reading the spell. She needed some items, red and orange candles, some herbs and oils, and spring water. And the most important key was the full moon. She looked at a moon phase calendar, noticing that she had three days to get all her supplies and memorize the spell.

The bell rang and it was time to go home. She quickly exited out of the browser and dashed off before shutting the computer down. She had to get to her locker and get the books she needed before catching her bus. It was quite the race from the computer lab.

Kelsey took the opportunity to scoot over to the computer Lakota was on and pull up the browser history. She found that she was looking at places to buy the supplies for the spell which meant she was seriously thinking about doing this. She scanned over the spell and noticed she would need to do this in 3 days or else she would miss her chance and Clayton would end up going to the dance with Valerie. She sighed and turned the computer off and would head off to find Clayton to warn him. But it seemed he had left school in a hurry too. She would be sure to seek him out the next day though.

When Lakota got off the bus, she noticed the cookie sheet laying against her door and she silently cussed to herself. He had managed to get it back to her without confronting her. She knew he was ashamed of his actions and just didn't want to face her. She walked to the door and picked up the cookie sheet, heading in to fix herself a small snack before attempting to get a ride from her dad to go into the nearby city to get some 'supplies for a school project'.

The next day, Kelsey would make sure to slip a note into Clayton's locker, giving him a warning that Lakota was going to attempt to cast a spell on him and she was going to do it on the full moon in a couple days. She wouldn't sign her name or put any other information. She didn't want this coming back around to her and Lakota getting upset with her for warning him. But she felt like she couldn't just sit back and do nothing.

Lakota would go about her day as though nothing was wrong and wouldn't even glare at Clayton if they crossed paths. She would even attempt to ignore him. She didn't want to let him think that she was mad or upset with him. If he thought she was over him, things might go by smoother.

Clayton found the note after sixth period. He had expected it to be a profession of love from Lakota. He opened it, his eyes already rolling. However, it did not have her handwriting, though in his mind, it was clearly feminine. A spell? How crazy was this girl? He wanted to laugh at the notion.

As he sat in his last class of the day, his mind was a whirl with questions. First, would the spell work? Was there any chance that magic were real. If so, he could assume that the spell would be dangerous to him, in so much as it would make him do or feel things that he didn't want to. So, it was clear that he should try to stop her from casting it.

The next full moon would be on Thursday, the night before another game. He was trying to decide if he should try to confront her, or avoid her. Either would be easy. Because she didn't have a car, she could easily be followed, or he could simply skip town for the evening. But which was the right choice...

"Mr Foy." The teacher's voice was annoyed.
Reality came back to Clayton "Uh, yes?"
"Clayton, I'm aware that you have the chance to break the school's shutout record tonight, but I did ask you a question. Class, who can help our star out so that he can return to his mediation?" Mr. Henderson's voice dripped with sarcasm.
"Queen Elizabeth I" Answered Valerie.
"Correct! At least there are some brains in that relationship."

Clayton put him out of his mind, the same way he would a jeering fan. He returned to the matter at hand. He decided to see what Lakota did. If she avoided him, it meant she wanted him away, so he would confront her on Friday. If she tried to be near him, he would avoid her.

With that matter settled. He turned his focus to the game. Though they were visiting, and had to travel a few hours he managed to get his shutout, breaking the school record, much to the disgust of the other schools fans. Angering the supporters of the other team was always a favorite pass time of his.

He got home late, and when his head hit the pillow, Lakota and her spell were far from his mind. They would remain as such until he got to school the next days. Home made posters celebrating his accomplishment littered the hallways. He wore simple blue jeans, a black plain tee-shirt, and black boots. Hardly the look of a hero.

Lakota ended up getting the ride she needed and managed to get all the materials in one night. It was easier than she thought. He father didn't even question what the project was for or about. Sometimes having a parent that wasn't all that involved made things easier. However, come next week when she was with her mother, things would be a bit different.

She got to school, her bus earlier than usual. Today she was wearing a maroon sweat shirt with a picture of a cat on it and light blue jeans that disappeared down into her knee high brown leather boots. She had wore a long fake pearl necklace as well and her hair was hanging down freely, going with the flow. She might actually fit in with the cool kids if there wasn't a giant cat on her shirt. She got to her locker and there was a flyer hung on it about Clayton and the team's win. She took it down, careful not to rip it and placed it onto the locker beside hers. She smiled and stroked his face for a brief moment, knowing he would be hers so very soon... Time was ticking.

She opened her locker and would get out her physics book and would start to head to class, planning to miss Kelsey and the crowd to come in the hallways. She sat in class before it started to fill up and thought about if Clayton came back to her and proclaimed that he messed up. She wondered if she should go through with the spell or not. She sat back and stretched her legs up under the desk in front of her as she hummed quietly. Her fingers tapped on the desk for a moment and finally a smile creeped onto her face. Ahhh, what would it hurt? Even if he did come back to her, loyalty isn't such a bad thing to cast onto someone... Right?

The day would go on and if she managed to pass him in the hallways, she'd make eye contact as usual and smile, no longer appearing angry with him. And at lunch, she wouldn't even stare. However, if she felt his gaze, she would return it with a friendly smile. She had an ace up her sleeve and it made her happy, excited even.

Back
Top Bottom