Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wall of Hope {Itazura Reborn x Super_Panda_}

After hearing three of its kind getting killed, the two that were attacking the girls turned around and started to go after Scarlet. One came head on, while the other went into the shadows and waited for the perfect moment to attack.

Scarlet had no trouble with the one that was coming at her. Two shots and it was down. However, she couldn't see the last one, and had no idea where it had gone off too. She checked on the girls to see just how many were still alive.

All five girls made it though just fine, they were just in a lot of pain and very tired. For two of them, this was their second time giving birth today. They were all hungry and thirsty, they asked if he had anything that they could eat and drink.

The last offspring managed to climb on top of the storage shelves and when it saw Scarlet distracted with helping the girls. It saw its perfect chance to strike and jumped at her.

While a larger one might have thrown her off, the fact that it was so small and weak didn't help it. Scarlet easily stopped it and with a single round through the chest, put the thing down. She then stood up and waited. "When you are ready to move, find some clothing and get dressed. I need to help the others." She left the room and headed to the courtyard windows to see how it looked.

The courtyard looked as though it had been through hell and back. There were holes everywhere, but on the upside there was only a few undead walking around now. As for everything else, it was blown up to hell. The bombardment of grenades stopped not too long ago, as the others saw no point in throwing more grenades in an attempt to get the last of the undead. Those can easily be picked off with a bullet to the head.

The girls in the back found some clothes and got dressed and met up with Scarlet at the main door to the building. From there they awaited her orders.

With only a few left, there was not reason to think that she couldn't take them out. She reloaded her pistol turned to the girls. "I am going to open this door. When I do, your run to the armory. I will take care of the undead. Don't stop for anything, and once you are there, don't come out." She looked them over and sighed, hoping that they could make the run. "I have already cleared it out, and there are people there waiting. Tell them I sent you there." With that, Scarlet shoved the door open and took aim on the closest one, letting off a round to its head.

The girls ran over to the armory and were let in by the other group. The undead saw Scarlet out in the open, so they slowly start making their way towards her. The closest one to her drops dead, and soon after the remaining ones start dropping like flies until there are none left. The survivors come out of the armory all loaded up with armor and join Scarlet. They made her the leader for now, and await her next orders.

Scarlet watched them and smiled. "Okay. We need to seal up the gate. There aren't any holes, that I can see, so we should be safe for a while." She moved over to two of the men and gave them the orders of closing the gates and taking post on the walls by the gates. "I am going to take stock and make sure everyone else is okay." She heads into the armory with the girls and rest of the team.

The two men follows her order to the letter. They closed off the gates and stood guard at the top of the walls. From that vantage point they had a view of anything coming in any direction for at least 10 miles out. The girls were a little shaken up in the armory, when Scarlet came in they all said thank you for saving them and some even gave her a hug. The rest of the team was making sure there was enough ammo for all the guns in the armory.

"Take careful count. I want a full log of everything we have left." She moved through the building, stopped behind a man. "How many more buildings are yet to be cleared out?"

"Yes ma'am!" replied one of the survivors counting the ammunition and guns.

"If we are not including this one and the food storage building, there are seven other building in the outpost. Two barracks, a bath house/restroom, one mess hall, a command center, and two garages." he replied.

Scarlet nodded and took note of all he said. While she was stationed here, she hadn't been here very long before this all happened. "Then we have our mission. I need two people to help clear out the the base while I take the buildings. Do I have any takers?" She looked at the men, hoping even one would be brave enough to take the easier of the jobs.

Two men raised their hands and got weapons and ammo from the other two that were keeping count of the guns and ammo.

They followed her what seemed to be a barrack, they took point waiting for her to breach the door. "We're ready when you are ma'am!" they whispered.

"Alright. Your part is simple. Head around the outside of the buildings and take out anything that isn't human. I am not sure if there are animals here, but if there are, and they seem infected, take them out as well." She reloaded her pistol from the cache and opened the door. "I want a full report on supplies when I return. Two of your girls head to food storage and start taking stock." With that said, she moved out and headed for the mess hall, while she let the men do their jobs.

"Yes ma'am!" one man replied.

He started to walk around the build to make sure it's secure. He ran into a couple of infected animals and quickly took them out. All the undead have been killed in the bombardment of grenades or y Scarlet.

The mess hall was a mess (no pun intended), it looked as though everyone had gotten up in a hurry. There was spilled and spoiled food everywhere, the smell was unbearable. But for the most part the room was empty as no survivors or infected were in it. The kitchen had pots and pans everywhere, this place was either attacked by surprise or everyone was in a hurry to leave.

Seeing that this building was empty and safe to enter, Scarlet moved back into the court yard called for someone to come and start clean up. She then moved to the first of the barracks and pushed open the door.

A girl named Amy agreed to clean the mess hall. As she opened the doors, she nearly threw up. Never in her life as she smelled anything so vile before. But despite how uncomfortable it was to be there, it needed to be clean, she went into the courtyard and brought in the hose and sprayed everything down. Once Scarlet got to the barracks, it appeared to be the women's barracks, there was a two rows of bunk beds on both side of the building. In the back of the building was the bathroom and showers. Everything seemed to be pretty normal here.

Not seeing anyone, Scarlet searched the rest of the building, making sure not to leave anyone behind. She didn't want there to be any hiding infected either. Once she seen it was empty, she moved to the next, not worrying about having anyone come to it. She pushed the door to the second barracks open, assuming this was the men's.

The other barracks is indeed the men's barracks. Inside was a pig sty, there was clothes and dirt everywhere. But the layout was the same as the women's barracks, suddenly something fell in the back of the barracks. It came from either the bathroom or showers.

Back
Top Bottom