Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A little confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eowyn

Star
So, I'm a moderator on another site, so I might have the answer to this question already but I thought I'd ask.

Today while I was out (I had about a 5 hour car ride and wanted to check in) I tried to get on with my phone and it kept telling me I was banned. I knew that couldn't possibly be possible because I've never gotten any warnings and I've also never done anything that would have warranted an immediate ban as I do my absolute best to be a rule follower.

My question is, if you're on another IP address that's banned, it will say you're banned too? Do you think that's what happened with me today? Because I'm obviously not banned, and I was told by two friends on here that I didn't show up as banned. And of course, I'm here now and earlier I was able to get on if I wasn't using my phone (It was on LTE and 4G).

Do you think that's what happened? I about had a panic attack at that point! Haha.

Thanks!

I know that sometime's it does do that on mobile devices, but I am not too sure why it does.
I remember reading about it saying that from someone, but I forgot where to look it up at.
Hopefully someone else can give you a much more detailed and better explanation than I can.​

Thank you! It definitely worried me! I always do my best to abide by rules and honestly thought I had been. I was relieved when I could get on again later, when I was using actual wi-fi and not just my data. I'm glad it's not just me, so you did help me out! Thank you. :)

The answer is actually in our FAQ, which is a stickied thread here in the Q&S section. But rest assured, this happens occasionally thanks to repeat offenders (ie, spammers, members who love to ban evade incessantly). You can thank those sorts for ruining it for people. But anyway, we NEVER ban anyone without some kind of warning unless you are jailbait or a spammer. Otherwise there is ALWAYS a process before hand and you'll know it's coming.

Okay I figured it was the wifi thing as I said. :) it happens on the other site I moderate on too. Thank you all for your replies, and answers! I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom