Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thank you for explaining that Holiday, I guess I don't have too now." The professor chuckles a little, seeing a good little bit of the class standing and just the general mood of the classroom set into one of energy and excitement. "Makes it even more important since I have an announcement for tonight's dinner. So no one skip out."

"It seems we have a decision, duels it is," He chuckles again and pulls out his wand and taps the desk below, not speaking a word as he does so. The desk instantly moves aside as Weaver stands and turns, walking towards the dueling stage behind him. "Since Holiday seems so happy to help teach, please, choose your opponent but wait to tell us until I say so, builds the suspense." He jumps up on the stage and turns. "Get on down here everyone, its hard to watch from the seats." He waits a few moments for everyone to get by the stage and offers a hand for Holiday to get up here easier.

"Everyone knows the rules but I have to recover them anyway, school policy and what not. Anything goes unless it causes your opponent to need medical care outside of a small bandaid. These duels only happen in this room under my supervision. If you step off the stage, you lose. If you send your opponent flying off the stage, you earn yourself another duel, with me. Interrupt a fight and you get a duel with me. Did I miss anything?" Weaver raddles off the rules as he as been told to do then asks his question. Hearing nothing from the crowd he continues on. "Good, well to finish us off, bonus points will be given to anyone who uses physical attacks and takedown, although they must be done in a safe way or you get a physical lesson with me." He finishes this up and looks back at Holiday to make sure she understood as well, then addresses her directly. "Ok, I've given you plenty of time to make a decision, so who will you be dueling?" He asks then awaits her answer.

Lyz listened to the explanation of professor Weaver and got cold feet. She didn't want to duel with anyone of this class since it was her first year at Hogwarts. Lyz hoped that she wouldn't have to get on the stage and that she could just watch. The only spells she knew that could be used in a magical duel was one that was a combination of Wingardium Leviosa and Everte Statum which lifted up and then threw the opponent backwards. The other spells that she could use in a duell were Protego and Expelliarmus to protect herself. Her father had taught her these spells so she could defend herself in case someone attempted to attack her. Lyz hoped that she wouldn't have to duel against another student or else she would have to duel against professor Weaver. She was sure that he could use more than three spells in a duel. Sure, there were a lot more spells that could be used by the young witch, but she didn't know weither they could be useful in a duel or not. Lyz heard the teacher asking Holiday who she wanted to duel against first and hoped that she herself could only watch the entire time. She felt lucky that professor Weaver had allowed physical attacks or else she wouldn't have any chances to win against her opponent. There were other ways to win a magical duel when you knew only three spells that could be used to protect yourself. Lyz had more than one spell in her books that she could use in a duel, but she needed to learn and practise them first before she could use them. Just because she didn't need to use a wand to cast any spells didn't mean that she learned magic instantly. Lyz needed to study spells like all the other students at Hogwarts did before they could be used.

A little pleased with herself, Holiday rose from her seat and joined her fellow students by the stage. The nervous, almost excited anticipation was thick in the air...making the girl’s heart miss beats, and look forward to what is to come. It isn’t often that Gryffindors and Slytherins can engage in duels against one another… seeing as how they are watched constantly, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

Oh? ‘An announcement at tonight’s dinner?’ I wonder what that is all about… Holiday’s smaller, more delicate hand slipped into the proffered hand of her professor, using its strength to hoist the young witch up onto the stage. Light reflected off fiery red, bringing out tones of honey, ivory, gold and bronze hiding within the proverbial flames. Those mesmerizing, bewitching green eyes cast a glance over the students, a smile playing over her lips soon enough. This is definitely going to be fun… I can’t wait to get started… Mischief sparkling within the green depths now, Holiday placed both hands upon her hips, thrusting her chin forward and looking very much like the proud Gryffindor she was.

“I will duel that arrogant Slytherin over there, the one who thinks himself above everyone else!” Holiday declared, indicating Fior with a wave of her hand. While she doesn’t know his name, not right off the top of her head, she didn’t need to know it in order to indicate who was going to be her dueling partner. A few rogue strands of red fell against her cheeks, bringing out the color of her eyes, and the soft, almost rosy pink that decided to dust along the delicate skin. “Professor, would that be alright?” Holiday asked next, directing this next question towards the man standing next to her.

Fior wondered what tonight's dinner announcement would be, but figured it was most likely just an obviously biased and elaborate point session for Gryffindor.

The Slytherin noticed the younger first years and all but dismissed the lot of them. They were babies at best and he could hardly believe they were in the same classroom. His gaze lingered on Lyz for the briefest of moments, and couldn't help but think that the young Hufflepuff was very pretty-for a little girl. She'd be a lovely woman someday, but Holiday stole the show in this class-without a doubt.

At her preachy comment, a few of the Slytherins muttered things like 'suck up' and brown-noser, but the rest of them were more than a little eager to duel. Everyone knew Professor Weaver was Head of Gryffindor so of course, he'd give special treatment to a student of his own house. The Slytherins knew Holiday would be irritatingly smarmy with her own Head, and they made no secret of their scorn. After a few moments of letting their thoughts be known at how kiss-ass that Gryffindor girl was, but it soon changed to just how hot she looked. With her buttons bursting, red hair flying and green eyes gleaming, there wasn't a male Slytherin, and a couple females, that didn't want to 'duel' with Holiday. She was a fine sight to behold and for all her annoying mouth, they wouldn't mind a sample of her mouth, up close and personal.

The Gryffindor and Slytherin rivalry was not only notoriously well known, but many teachers encouraged it to get the best out of their students during class times. Intellectually and emotionally, competitions like these brought out the very best in most of Hogwarts' students and teachers alike.

Fior and his friends laughed at Holiday's comment, seeing as the six of them ALL considered themselves above everyone else. The tall blond student pulled out his 12 and a 1/2 inch Birchwood Dragon Heartstring wand and stepped away from his Slytherin group.

"I think she fancies me guys." he said to them as he smiled. He was six feet tall with blond hair, blue eyes, broad shoulders and rock hard abs so Fior had a right to be smug.

He turned his gaze to Professor Weaver and nodded respectfully as he approached. Fior was more than ready to duel now and he stepped up to the stage opposite Holiday, thinking how she had 'needed a hand up' just to get on there. Preferential treatment wouldn't save her in this duel; not if Fior had anything to do with it.

(thought I would see other reactions but there seems to be none, so on to the show. Also below is if they feel they are too good to shake the others hands what happens, if not feel free to ignore)

"Interesting choice." Weaver says as he looks over at the boy she was pointing at. "The Death Eater's son." He says to himself, a little disdain entering his voice as he starts to step over to help the boy up, but stops seeing him make the small jump it takes to get up here. Weaver then returns his nod and motions them to come together before starting. "Shake hands, then walk out...hhmmmm, 5 meters from each other. Fior since your bigger if you get physical, hold back a little, I don't want accidental injuries because you underestimate your strength and her limits. Holiday, no cheap shots since he is a guy." He looks over at the Slytherin side of the room, "Contrary to due believes, I do not favor the classes. First to 5 physical points or 2 magical wins."

Weaver waits for his two duelers to shake hands then separate, (even willing to go so far as force their hands together, "Sportsmanship is everything"). Once the 10 meters where between them, Weaver raises a hand then drops it, stepping off the stage at the same time. "Begin!"

(Sorry for not replying sooner, I was kinda busy.)

Lyz noticed it when the older boy from Slytherin was looking at her. A slight rose blush appeared on her cheeks and disappeared when he turned his head away. Maybe she would have the chance to talk to him someday, but for now she planned to enjoy the show. Lyz was glad that she didn't have to participate in the duel yet and hoped that she wouldn't be picked by someone in the future. She knew that she had to train and study more before she could even imagine herself on the stage. Lyz didn't know weither she would be able to concentrate with so many students watching her or not. What if she couldn't move and just stood there nervously while her opponent waited for her to return the handshake. No, this would be too emberassing for her and it wouldn't be of any help that she forced to shake hands by professor Weaver. Only the thought of having a physical duel with him was motivation enough to win a duel someday. Maybe she could have one after class or ask him for some private lessons... Lyz shook her head to clear her mind and tried to do her best to focus on the duel on the stage that was going to begin soon. Maybe she could learn one or two things by watching Holiday who was beautiful enough to consider being bi and the handsome Fior. Lyz would do nearly everything just be close to one of the two older students. She wasn't the only one of the first years who thought like she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom