Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Elven Queen (Silverknight and SIlverdreamer)

Sylana Dawnborn stared over the wooden balcony as she noted the signs of a pending arrival. She watched birds rise in to the sky in thick clouds as they let out calls of warning to their family and friends in their groups. She could hear soft foot steps behind her as her adviser entered her private chambers. "Our rangers report that the human male Prince will be with us in the next couple of hours."

He spoke as calmly as if he was informing her that the weather was about to change. "Is everything prepared for him and any company that shall be with him?" She asked faintly as she pushed herself free from the draw of the wooden beam she had been leaning against. "It is. Te young Prince shall find no fault in our hospitality." His words caused her to chuckle slightly, the sound rich and earthy before she cut it short. " Yet we said that about the previous visitors. Each of them found a fault with our ways. Our hospitality was not suitable enough for them. I do doubt this one shall prove to be any different."

Her adviser smiled softly as he offered her his arm and started to lead her down through the elven arch ways towards the ground. "That is true but not all humans are alike. The Princes of before were born with a silver spoon in their mouths and I am certain not had to work for their gains. They are used to bedding the women eager to get with child. I am quite certain their greatest displeasure was the denial of you taking them to your bed. "

Sylana shook her head slightly as a look of displeasure crossed her features. "Well should this next human feel the displeasure at being spurned I doubt his presence shall be here for long." Her adviser smiled ruefully. "We can only hope for such a case."

Jeremy Copperside was a good man, he was a man who knew how to live a rather basic live and had spend many years working enjoying the comfort of a simple life. Yet, it had turned out a couple of weeks before that Jeremy wasn't the simple son of a poor woman but also the bastard son of the King himself, and he was the eldest of the sons of the king. He was of course never going to become the king of the kingdom, not all, that wasn't going to be acceptable. Yet when he got the offer to go and try to win the Queen of the Elves over as their attempt he accepted as he knew it would be for the best of the kingdom and he would do his best though he knew little about the elves but he wanted to learn.

He let out a soft whistle as he walked though the Elven capital, he smiled as he tossed an apple to one of the youths that he had in his pocket giving him a warm smiled before he played catch with the kid who was shocked to see a human and one willing to play some basic game. He smiled as he knew that he had to move on walking down the road walking forward the palace. The place was so nice and he had to admit that the palace gave him a sense of great awe as he looked at the building and then walked up. He didn't have guards as it wasn't worried that he would be attacked, as he walked up to the gates, he bowed and got the directions to where Sylana happened to be located at that moment.

He smiled as he was given the directions and then pointed towards Sylana. He smiled as he walked up to the Queen, before before bowing before the Queen as he then looked at her looking up at the beautiful woman, "Now, it is a great honor, your highness," he said with a humble tone as he took her hand and kissed it gently before he smiled as he got to his feet, "I am the Prince that has been sent to see you, my name is Jeremy Prince of Alonia," he said looking at her making her know who he was so she would know who he was, and why he was there.

Sylana released the grip of her adviser as she noticed the physical appearance of the human male in the distance. She watched his activities as he ventured further and further into the city. Already she could see some elements of differences. For one he was interesting with those under her care where as the others had looked upon them as if they were less than insects.

She did not approach him even though she had seen him from a distance as she waited to see how he would handle approaching her. Some of his formers had simply sat upon their horse looking down at her and expected to be recognized first and others had refused to enter beyond the defended gates with out her traveling there to see them first.

Once more he surprised her but she managed to show nothing of it as he approached her, bowed and introduced himself to her. She gently bowed her head in turn. "Welcome to the Elven home Sylindrea Prince Jeromy. I hope your journey has been swift and as smooth as possible. My name is Sylana and guardian of my people here." She indicated her adviser who stood just behind her. "This is my trusted adviser Ja'alainca. " The male nodded at him with a cautious look to his eyes. "Is there anything you will need during your time here?" Sylana spoke once more as she started to turn and lead him into the archway of their home.

Jeremy looked at the beautiful queen as she addressed him, he bowed for a moment out of respect as he knew that it was only proper to do so. He then looked at the adviser and then nodded his head to Ja'alainca as he gave him a warm friendly smile. "You homeland is beautiful, your people are very kind and I am sure your advisor is as smart as any other anywhere if not more so," he commented as he looked down and then thought about what he would need rubbing his chin for a long moment before looking back up at the princess and then giving her a smile. "Well there are a couple of things that I need of course. First I shall need a room, a place to rest my head, doesn't have to be fancy any old common room will work. Second, could someone show me around both the palace and the village. It is large and well I want to meet the people and help out and get to know where things are. Third and last, um do you have any more traditional clothes of your people, I figure if I am to be among them it would look better if I was dressed as a commoner or person of their type at least."

He smiled as he nodded his head making his demands or wants known. He figured that he could get out and know the place, and spent time helping her people as much as he could while he was there. He wasn't sure she would like him or not, but he wasn't sure how to win his way into her heart so much either. He figured he could ask her people while he was working information about Sylana and then he would be able to use that information to come up with a plan or something. "Anyhow, I am very honored to be here, you home, you lands are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen, the people are so kind. I think that says how amazing of a ruler you happened to be Lady Sylana."

Sylana considered his requests with a puzzled expression on her face at first as he requested a room. Had he expected that they would expect him to sleep outside? She smiled at him oddly with a look of amusement within her eyes. "We have a private chambers for you already prepared. In the wardrobe you shall find garb of a variety of sizes in a fashion similar to our own and as for a guide." She turned her gaze towards a small gathering of Elf's and smiled at a female ranger before she waved her over. The female had a cloak on and her hood was pulled up so it was almost impossible to see the features beneath. "This fair ranger is El'amoraica." She tilted her head slightly to her adviser. "They are related hence the similarity in name. She knows the city and the woods around here better than every one else. If you wish to go some where or ask anything about here feel able to do so." The hooded Elf nodded in greeting to the human as she then followed them in to the wooden domain.

"We are honoured to have you here Prince Jeremy. I hope you enjoy your stay here with us. I hope you do not mind with my honesty but none of your kin have managed to remain here for longer than twelve nights. While we look forward to seeing one of your race being able to adjust to being here. We are not exactly..filled with believe that such will happen."

The young prince looked at the woman and then smiled as he said nothing at the moment smiled humbly as he looked at her, "Well, I will do my best to adapt to your home and earn your people's respect as well as your own," he commented as he looked at the princess. He was sure that this place as the most amazing place he had ever been to in his all his days. He smiled as he looked at the woman giving her a slight blow out of respect. He then smiled, "it is a great honor El'amoraica," he said kindly as he looked at her and then he looked back at the queen a moment later, "it is great to have such a person helping me out, thank you for your help," he said with a kind tone as he looked at her, and then stood up straight again.

"Twelve nights, huh, that is a interesting amount of time, way to short, I think a person would never be able to even see the wonders of the kingdom in such a period of time," he commented honestly as he looked at the elven woman. "Thank you again," he commented as he looked at El'amoraica, "Ma'am could you please show me the way to my room. I wish to change in clothes that are more similar to the fact I want to see the amazing room I might get to sleep in too," he said honestly as he looked at the ranger. He knew the fact was he knew that he was going to learn so many amazing things from his trip, and he knew his future was here. He was going to make it past 12 nights, he was sure of that.

The Queen listened to the human male talk though so far in truth beyond his welcoming speech she had heard the words before. Many had thought she was challenging them to last beyond the twelve days. None had so far. Human's struggled to realize that while the Elves would be welcoming, it was almost expected that the human would do the majority of the work in such. "Well perhaps you shall prove to be unlike the rest of your kin. I look forward to seeing whether you do or not."

El'amoraica nodded her head slightly in turn and with a deep bow to Sylana the four became two as Sylana and her adviser moved to the meeting hall for when the Prince was dressed and rested. El'amoraica led him to his room, she opened the door a crack and then indicated for him to enter in and closed the door behind him once he was within.

The room was large enough to bed several men, the floor was the upper part of tree branches that had smoothed out to be flat and smooth upon the touch, the walls looked to be the inside of a large branch though vines and flowers grew along the surface as if decorating the room as wall paper would. Windows were open without any panes of glass within that let warm sunshine and clean air in. The furniture seemed to have been created by the tree itself some how. The tree was a foot off of the ground and appeared to be many branches wound together, the mattress was pale green in colour and the bed was already made up for him. Butterflies of varying colour drifted lazily through the air.

Walking to the room, the young would be prince couldn't but wonder what the room would look like, what being in the kingdom would be like as well, there were so many questions that nagged at the back of his mind as he walked down the beautiful hall. He wondered what life would be like here. He could see the interconnectedness between these people and the forest around them. It was something that he rather admired, he had heard about it when he was given the mission, and in rumors and stories told when he was younger. Now he was here, well the stories and the rumors didn't do the beauty of the land any justice in the least, it was far greater then he had ever hoped that it might happen to be.

Following El'amoraica into the room, he smile as he looked around at the butterflies they were lovely, so very lovely. The room itself was larger then any room that he had ever slept in his whole life. It was so grand the connectedness with nature was easy to see as well as he looked around at everything that happened to be around himself at that moment. He smiled happily as he was so honor to be given this room. He wasn't sure what the queen had meant by measuring up with the others and proving himself better. He couldn't see how anyone wouldn't want to help these people and work with them to improve their lot and their world. He figured there was some trick to this contest to win her heart something he didn't yet know about.

"Thank you for the walk, you may tell your Queen, this happens to be the most amazing room and the most amazing palace I have ever seen and it is a honor to have gotten to meet with her. I shall take a nap now though so that the next time I meet with her I shall not be tired from travel but ready to help in whatever way the queen so happens to want me to help in," he informed the woman as he worked his way up into the best. It was so comfortable, he was used to sleeping on the ground with a simple blanket, compared to that this was heavenly. He soon quickly fell asleep taking his nap tired from the hours of travel to get to the Elven Kingdom. When he woke up, he looked for either his guide or for the Queen herself hoping to talk to the Queen and ask what he could do to help out.

Back
Top Bottom