Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

..:Weird/Taboo things you do::..

Ironic

ɪꜱɴ’ᴛ ɪᴛ 𝓘𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓬, ᴅᴏɴᴛᴄʜᴀ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ?
Staff member
Hey everyone!

So I decided I would make a thread that you,
yes you, members would tell me and everyone else the
weird and taboo things you do!

Allow me to start...

-Clears throat-

Say for instance, if I lick the right side of my teeth,
I HAVE to lick the left side of my teeth too,
and that goes for just about anything.
Another example, if something hits my right hand,
I purposely make it hit my left hand too, I swear I have OCD.

Now let's talk about YOU!

tumblr_l8eo46FL6U1qze5g2o1_500.gif

All I can think now is Death the Kid screaming, "symmetry!"

It helps me sleep if I have one of my hands in my pants and resting on my hip. Apparently, It's more common than I thought..

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:

It helps me sleep if I have one of my hands in my pants and resting on my hip. Apparently, It's more common than I thought..

+1 for the Soul Eater giggle you just gave me. I also sleep with one hand down my pants. I like to scratch by balls before I sleep. It's soothing. Weird? Yes. Soothing? Absolutely.

But let's see, what else...I literally cannot fall asleep with clothes on. I just can't do it. Boxers are pretty much the only thing that I can stand, otherwise its way too uncomfortable. I never even wore pajamas to bed as a kid. Just tighty-whiteys.

I guess I'm just shameless when it comes to being comfortable in a bed >_>;

See I'm the opposite. Being naked makes me feel too... awake, I guess?
Having some comfy pajamas on is the only way I can fall asleep most of the time.
To the point that when I sleep naked, it's usually with the intention of making it easier to get up in the morning.

Everyone has obsessive compulsive ticks to a degree, along with stims.

My hands are really smooth and soft and I guess that affects the way certain textures and fabrics feel to me. I can't stand super soft fabrics. Like fluffy or fuzzy soft. Satin-y and silky soft is fine, but fuzzy... nope. And when my hands touch a texture they do not like get this weird urge to lick my hand or get my hands wet in some way. It makes my skin feel rougher and rids me of the sensation of the other texture I felt.

I also can't wear pants to bed, even in the middle of winter when it's in the negatives out. My room could be ice cold and I'd need to sleep without pants. I don't mind if my legs are cold, but if my feet are cold I can't sleep so I often wear socks in the winter.

I can't stand when someone is standing behind me looking over my shoulder when I am on a computer. It makes my stomach feel super tight and like I'm going to throw up. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. Even if I'm just looking at my desktop... I just stop whatever I'm doing and wait til they leave.

I chew pen lids. At work, the type of pen I choose to use is based on whether it has a plastic, removable lid or not! I've discovered ink-stains aren't easy to remove from clothing.

Once I arrive home from work, I have to change clothes. My workplace is not dirty, and I don't come home sweaty or anything like that. Even if I'm only there half an hour, I just have to change into something different when I get home.

Can't sleep with socks, can't sleep with pants. If it's cold, I'll wear a shirt, otherwise, it's generally boxers only.

I have a set of headers that I have to use at work, and we have a little rack for them. If they're out of the order I put them in, it irks me to no end, so it doesn't matter how busy I am, or what I'm doing, as soon as I notice, I have to sort them out properly and get cranky at the person who did it.

Just like Bella, if I wear a piece of clothing, even if it's just to go down to the shops and back, I'll feel the need to have to wash them when I get back. (That being said, if I'm short on clean clothes, I'll dive into my dirty pile and pick out the least smelly if I have to.)

If I want to brush my teeth, I have to shower. If I want to shower, I have to brush my teeth. No exceptions. Also, if I want to shave, shower and teeth brushing have to be included.

I'm a hand-wringer. I do it a lot, especially when stressed out and if one hand is occupied, I'll start to rub my thumb and index finger together instead or my pointer and middle fingers. It sort of depends though I'm not sure as to why I'll choose one way over the other, haha. >.<

I have another weird habit that I do that tends to make people head tilt. My husband and family are CONSTANTLY on me for it and it's something I tend to do more often when I'm either stressed or sort of zoned out. lolol. >///< But I don't really notice it until it's pointed out to me....and that's biting on the sides of my tongue and the insides of my cheeks. It's quite embarrassing, but hey! We all do embarrassing stuff, right? XD

Another thing I do... selective OCD at its finest!!! Whenever I go out to restaurants, I'm compelled to line up straw wrappers, unused straws, napkin wrappers, etc etc at the table edges. Same thing with the salt/pepper and other things found on the tables when you arrive. I have to line them up/arrange them in a particular way at the opposite end of the 'garbage'. I do it without thinking and get upset when someone tries to stop me or if I'm in a situation where I'm unable to actually do it. LOL!

There's probably more stuff. But these are the most blatant. hehe! XD

I bite the inside of my cheek as well. It's just subconscious, I'm not even aware I'm doing it until friends point it out to me!

When I hear a song on the radio, and I can tell it's been raised a fourth or half of a pitch or something (due to it being played slightly faster), I have to sing correctly against what's being played and cringe as i'm doing so.

When I'm writing notes in class, and I mess up, I have to rewrite them after class so it's all neat. Even if it's the slightest smudge of ink, I just have to rewrite the entire thing. and I hate writing in pencil! I only like writing in pen. There's something about holding the PERFECT pen in your fingers, and applying the least bit of pressure and watching it glide across the paper. Unf, it feels amazing. Especially when the pen is just the right thickness so it feels like it was made to fit in your fingers.

LOL, Ariamella! XD Glad I am not alone here with the tongue/cheek biting. I do it A LOT! To a point where I have cuts and scars. It's embarrassing when I go to the dentist. >///////< Fortunately, they don't make me feel stupid. But yeah, I do it without realizing and do it more when I'm stressed/zoned. Wish I didn't, but... it's how it goes.

-I tend to grip my lower lip with my teeth or clench my fists when I'm really nervous, mad, or both.
-If I'm really anxious, I'll purposely rip a scab off .. then drink the blood. (Hey, this is a weird/taboo things you do thread so .. don't judge)
-I sometimes pick at the skin beside my nails. I'm working on stopping this one but ... I still sometimes do it.
-If I'm alone, I tend to talk to myself, as if doing so to another me. It helps when I'm stressed or anything.
-I constantly crack my knuckles, neck, and/or back. It drives my husband nuts because it always sounds really painful to him xD
-I almost always have music on, no matter what I'm doing.
-I play with my hair by twirling it around my finger(s) then pulling it, as if doing so to a rope of sorts. (I blame my self-discovery of BDSM - bondage mainly - for the pulling part.)
-I randomly search around for pictures to use for OCs, even if I don't end up using them.

And ... that's most of them. Definitely not all but enough.

I love to pop pimples. O_O

Ironic said:
I love to pop pimples. O_O

Girl I feel you. 0_o

Like specifically, I like to take the blackheads out. Those are the most annoying to have and the most satisfying to take out.

darkangel76 said:
LOL, Ariamella! XD Glad I am not alone here with the tongue/cheek biting. I do it A LOT! To a point where I have cuts and scars. It's embarrassing when I go to the dentist. >///////< Fortunately, they don't make me feel stupid. But yeah, I do it without realizing and do it more when I'm stressed/zoned. Wish I didn't, but... it's how it goes.

I do it to where I have cuts and scars, but I seem to do it worse on the right side of my mouth. I do it most when I'm testing or when I'm reading a book, and sometimes when the right side of my mouth is all chewed out, I'll go behind my lips. So so bad! But I can't help it >.<

I talk to, and swear at, inanimate objects, out loud. I'm talking a barrage of insults, and I mostly don't realise until I look up and someone is staring, or laughing, at me. I can become extremely (ridiculously so) focused, so doing it is kind of a 'circuit breaker', which allows my brain to re-set.

Hmmm, weird things I do. I'm a nail picker. I don't know what it is about ripping into my nail and tearing it off, but I love it. I even tend to rip it down past the quick causing my finger to bleed. It's been a bad habit that I have had for years and i can't seem to stop.

The second weird thing I do is count when I'm doing something. Like if I kiss my dog on the head, I count how many kisses I give her. Or if I'm cleaning the dishes I count how many times I scrub. I'm not sure when I started doing it or for how long. Sometimes I get urked if I stop on an odd number, so I do it one more time to make it even.

The last weird thing I do (at least I don't think have anymore) I love to pop zits. I get so excited when I get to pop one. Now, I really didn't have acne problems growing up and ever since I turned 18 to this day I really don't get zits; maybe one or two a year. But when I do get one or if my husband gets one I get unnaturally excited because I want to pop it sooooooo bad. I even get mad at my husband if he pops his zit before I can get a chance to try popping it.

I am a submissive guy into small dick humiliation, jack off instructions, and cbt.

Also, yeah, as far as actually taboo stuff, that's about it.

Not really taboo but some things I do without really being conscious of it.

Ever since I was little, even up to now, I have the habit of sticking my tongue out while drawing. Just a tiny bit of it, poking out the side of my mouth and my mother and teachers used to tease me lightly about it when I was little because apparently, the little tongue bit would move and wiggle as I concentrated.

I started noticing back in 2000 or so - because that's as far back as I can remember noticing it happening - when I lay down on my stomach in bed I rub my feet together. It's my right foot that moves, sort of in a repetitive up and down stroking motion over the top of my left foot. Sometimes, I do it so much during my nighttime ritual of slowly winding down/dozing that my ankle starts to ache a little. Switching feet is like a right handed person trying to sign their name with their left hand - awkward and doesn't happen with the same fluid, subconscious motion.

Whenever there is music around, I subconsciously sway from side to side to the beat. It's the oddest thing about me, and I never realize that I'm doing it until someone points out that "I'm really into the music" or "You're distracting me with your swinging."

My body just does it on it's own! No explanation!

- I can't sleep if I have socks on

- I can't sleep if the air is too stuffy

- I can move the muscles above my ears/at my temples, which means I can make my hairline/scalp move laddddiiiiessssss

- I can move the muscle just below my tear duct/lower eyelid on my right eye

- If my hands are busy when I want to tap out a beat/I'm distracted, I use my teeth to do it lmao idk man

- I eat ice cubes on the reg

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:

I don't need my hand in my pants, but I sleep on my stomach, and I put both of my hands under me on my hips. There's just something really comfortable about it, perhaps the pressure of my body weight or something.

Ariamella said:
darkangel76 said:

I do it to where I have cuts and scars, but I seem to do it worse on the right side of my mouth. I do it most when I'm testing or when I'm reading a book, and sometimes when the right side of my mouth is all chewed out, I'll go behind my lips. So so bad! But I can't help it >.<

I had no idea that other people did this. I did it constantly as a child, but stopped when I realized that I was fucking up the inside of my cheeks.

Back
Top Bottom