Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Olympians

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is making a better version of what is already common for example, he makes Achilles armor it isn't some fancy piece of tech it is the same tech level as the world around him even the basic tech of the great world. I still don't' think he should have the powers you are giving him, he isn't the god of knowledge or intelligence, he is the god of fire, craftsmanship and metalwork. You are overpowering him, way to much giving him powers I don't think he should even have in making him a technology god. I don't think he should be a tech god.. All of the things your suggesting take a university degree by people who make them today advance sciences and such,, but that is as I said my thought, I am not in charge of the rp. He currently breaks the rp horribly and makes It less interesting with all his powers your suggesting. He isn't some scifi type god simply put.

I agree with Silverknight on this one. Your character is clearly beyond the bounds of what this RP is asking for, letting alone what the Gods should be capable of. At most, I see your character maybe upgrading someone's car with bulletproof windows or a better engine, but creating weapons of destruction and powered-suits? I don't think it belongs. In terms of technology, perhaps he merely is able to add chips to the character's phones to keep them from being tracked or eavesdropped on. That is what I envision your character as.

Thing is, if we are going by the myths, he should already be able to make advanced automatons, read robots, with human level or better AI programs. As it is, all I want to do is switch his craftsmenship from magic, to the realm of science.

It makes your character to op, and he doesn't fit with the rps by giving him powers that he should have, the realm of science is connected to knowledge and intelligence not with craftsmanship I agree completely I would see him with powers like BennyQ says for someone like that god.

I dont want to tell you how to build your character but another option of go with is being able to make somthing out of anything. Hes the god of craftsman so i figure you could make somthing cool out of anything around. Thats how i imagine hespestus in modern times...kinda like Macgyver type. Maybe that could be a place to start and get to tech god late in the rp.

It's not his indulgence in the realm of science that I have a problem with, its the things you want him to produce or make. Much of it seems a little farfetched or out of place for a RP like this. He is twenty year old who lives in his parents house, not a mad scientist with his own laboratory.

We have gotten waaaaay off topic now. So I'm going to illiterate all the points we discussed for those who don't want to read the entire thread:
- Titans are the main enemy, being older adults with great grasp of their abilities and working in all aspects of modern life such as the media, law, politics, social services, etc.
- Setting is a fictional town by the name of Terra Optima (My choice)
- Gaia as a neutral, "quest giver" type of character.
- The first phase of our RP should be the first interaction and meetings between various characters. I think two groups or small parties should be formed first.
Anything else? Again, none of these are absolutes and Frogger has the final say.

Reincarnations are not to be all-powerful, or to have all the abilities of the original Greek Gods. I don't want one character to be over-powered, if any, it would be Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. The first Goddesses will also be more powerful: Hera, Demeter and Hestia. I think it's only fair. As for Hephaestus...in the myths, he was not that powerful. He was one of the weaker gods, because he was looked down upon by Zeus, and was a cripple. In no way, shape or form was he ever a warrior. He does create weapons for the other gods, so I think that should be his main ability right there.

Titan reincarnations are to be older, and more experienced than those who are the Greek God reincarnations. They will have a greater grasp on their abilities, because of their age and expertise.

Any other questions?

No problem Branon. Since you are playing Zeus and I'm Hades, I think the two of them should be first to meet or something. I was thinking of some of Cronus's goons were beating up on one of them trying to steal his necklace and the other comes to the rescue.

Miss Melly said:
And Persephone will run around and dance in circles throwing flowers at Hades' face! <3

...Hades is going to wish he stayed in bed today.

There are arguments, though they'll be ignored, that show something very interesting. The more modern interpretations of the gods, the gods of knowledge rarely manage to claim dominion over the sphere of technology. Instead, it is always the craftsmen, the engineers, the smiths, the lords of metals and metallurgy, that claim that distinction.

The main difference, is that the gods of knowledge know things, and have all those theories. But, what does a smith god do? He takes those theories, chuckles at how impractical and ass-backward they are, and makes something from them.

And, do you want to know what my immediate/starting goals are? Because yes, I can't make any of the really cool stuff right off the bat? Make my damn forge where I can start making cool gear for everyone. Because, the things your complaining about, will take time, effort, and the expenditure of resources for me to make. In other words, while you can do things with a snap of your fingers, I'm under time constraints.

And yeah, I'm no good in a direct fight, and my abilities will not be suited for a direct confrontation. Plus, yes, he was weak in the historical context. Most of it was due to cultural focus though. He was a cripple, therefore he was weak. But, a gun does not care how strong you are, nor does a drone.

And Hades, I'll be working on that cap for you. Well, it's more of a suit these days, but the same principal applies.

Zeus isn't the boss of Hades! Go back to your sky high apartment and I'll stick to my underground basement :p

As for the cap/suit of invisibility, I was thinking of making one of Hades's powers to do with the shadows, in that he can cloak himself if he wishes.

BennyQ said:
No problem Branon. Since you are playing Zeus and I'm Hades, I think the two of them should be first to meet or something. I was thinking of some of Cronus's goons were beating up on one of them trying to steal his necklace and the other comes to the rescue.

I like the idea. Maybe we were told in our dream to meet go to a certain place(how to make the initial groups) And i show up late(as usual).

Also hades, I dont have to be the boss if i have a can of shaving cream and a feather.

Perhaps we should work out any past connections between our characters if people wish for that, it would make sense that they would perhaps know each other or some of them would know each other.

edit: I also posted the profile for Titan Helios

I imagine some of these olympians would know of each other(they all live in the same city) but i think that deep pre-story connections would cut out the roleplaying that could be making those connections. Just my opinion though.

That is a good point, but I think some knowing other would make it easier to pull everyone in as in person A would be like oh, I know person B in the dream and know they are so and so, or outside of that they would have an opinion or thought about person B, I don't it has to be anything deep though I think having something having connections though could help so you don't have to be like, oh who are you? with everyone when they meet.

Still, it could be good if each character had a connection or two to the others... Otherwise we'll need some event to draw them to the same place at the same time...

and I made a profile for Dr. Megan... Swapped her in for Dionysus... So he's available if anyone wants him.

If thats the case than it its ok, could i do dionysus instead?

EDIT: Actually on second thought im already too attached to Damien to give him up.

Ok, lets get back on track. From the top. (As far as i know)
We all live in this city, and we are all visited by our god or goddess. And whatever they tell us sets us on a path to group up and go on an adventure.

Does that sound about right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom