Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Olympians

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone would like to play the Titan Rhea, the wife of Cronus and mother to the original six, she can be the one who convinces the Olympians to enact mercy. Then they could spare Cronus's life and simply banish him, or disregard Rhea's advice and kill him regardless. Thoughts?

Well in mythogoly wise none were killed out right, they were just imprisoned. Atlas having to hold the world up and all being the other punishment. A number also don't right like Oceanus as well, and arguably Helios for example, I think I am going to take a third one to have a titan and take Helios if it is okay.

That's true, but these are the incarnations of those beings in human flesh and blood so I would think they are susceptible to the same dangers as humans. The Titans reincarnated themselves to follow what the Olympians were doing, in order to supplant them and regain their rule over the World. Whatever each Titan's motives can be are different, but they should all desire to have that measure of control back in their grasp I think.

Just wondering, how badly would you take it if my character went, "Eh, the easiest way to win this war is a orbital kinetic strike", then proceeded to build the weapon platform? Because from my characters point of view, a city would be an acceptable sacrifice to kill, or at least seriously weaken, them with minimal personal risk to the Olympians themselves.

I just know alot of people get attached to their characters so i figured this needed to be discussed.

I think if you are wanting to kill a character you should just get the permission first of the person you are killing before you do so, that would make it far and make it so people don't get hurt feelings.

Matt: I think that would be well to far over the top to have such a weapon in a modern day rp but that is me, it is up to the others if they want that or not.

I can be Rhea if this is uh.. all being set in motion. Unless someone else wanted Rhea, no problem. I'm normally better at playing one character, eh hehe. I'm just here to help make this work, but eh, I'm a little confused girl. D:

Eh, if I'm going to use something that could harm you and I know your in the area, I'd inform you. I'd make sure I contact and evacuate the people I need to before I do anything drastic, like dropping a nuke or relativistic iron mass into the city.

Or, what Silverknight said.

Miss Melly said:
D': Wha... what?! I feel like we're ah, going a little off topic...

I said I think we should have it if you kill off a PC, you have to get the permission to kill off the PC from the player before you kill them off.

I also put my opinion that city killing space platforms were a bit over the top, but I will let you all figure out what you want on that one. my opinion on it has been pretty much the same the whole while

Eh, you have no idea how easy it would be to make one, right? Hell, a penny dropped from just a kilometer up can rip through tank armor. So, if a guy who happens to be the incarnation of the god of technology, who has a few targeting satellites, manages to launch two or three tons of heat shielded iron with a few aiming rockets to the moon before the plasma rockets kick in, to provide the speed increase, it is doable.

But, mostly as a endgame superweapon, as I think you find it all unfair for some odd reason....

I think she is more confused about the technology from 38,000 years in the future existing 38,000 years before it existed. In other words, can we stick to modern technology and not ultra science fiction stuff? If this is the type of RP where our characters have free reigns to do as they please because they are the reincarnations of Gods, I don't think I'll stay very much interested.

But, they built a plasma rocket in the USA a few years back:-/ Sure, they were never able to get it into orbit, as plasma rockets are not atmosphere capable, requiring a more conventional rocket to get them into vacuum, but it's a lot closer then you think....

Edit; That, and I've pretty much said I would not be making things like that. Could I? Sure, it's not that hard, mostly a matter of materials and engineering, which is kind of what my character does. But, should I do that when it would tank the game that fast and get me labeled a total ass? No, I'm presenting my more extreme ideas, and seeing what you guys think is a bit too much, trying to find a balance point between modern-god incarnation, and a technological god pushing the boundaries.

Silverknight said:
Miss Melly said:
D': Wha... what?! I feel like we're ah, going a little off topic...

I said I think we should have it if you kill off a PC, you have to get the permission to kill off the PC from the player before you kill them off.

I also put my opinion that city killing space platforms were a bit over the top, but I will let you all figure out what you want on that one. my opinion on it has been pretty much the same the whole while

I understand that, and I agree it's a good idea! We all need to be on the same page. Thank you though.

As I have said, I don't think it works, I think it is somewhat game breaking as you have him, but that is just my opinion as I have said before. I don't see random cyborg as being fitting of a modern setting, but again that is just me, it is up to other on this.

the way i see it we should curb our godlike abilities down abit. As much as i would like to make lightning fall like drops of rain...i dont think thats very coherent with good storytelling. Remember even if your an incarnation of a god your still in a human body.

Because it is very overpowered, and besides, I think the Titans would have some sort of defense against such attacks. Our characters are young and inexperienced and would not be able to conduct such an advanced attack while the Titans are older and have a greater mastery of their own abilities. An outright confrontation like that is would be disastrous for our side, at least in the beginning. I don't think that is the nature of this RP anyways.

And I wouldn't think Hermes could control communications like that. At least not in a person's nervous system.

Yup, and I have no non-technological or non-device granted abilities or powers. A human, provided they had the data, could do the same things I'd be able to do. And hey, it would take me a lot of time to make anything too big, before I can get my forge complex set up anyway.

My part one is getting functional AI and robotics down.... which we practically already have ;)

Edit; And yeah, they would have a defence, and yes it's overpowered. But, it's taking the nature of communications to the final, full outcome, which tends to be a bit extreme.

And, I'm pretty sure an RNA packet could be sent, or maybe some special chemical compounds?

I just think we should start at a more naive point. You know, learn our powers and grow into them.

Lots of discussion here while I was eating dinner. xD

Before any character is killed, except for a NPC, the person behind that character needs to be asked for permission. I know that I get a little attached to my characters, unless I originally intended for said character to die, however it's only polite.

As for technology...use technology that is available in our time, and maybe just a little bit into the future. Say... a hundred years or so. The God of Technology can use anything that is currently available...but I can see him also being where he can see what is possible in the near future, and utilize it.

That is the thing though Hephaestus is the god of craftsmanship, fire, and metalworking. The god of knowledge or goddess of knowledge is Athena and the god of knowledge is Apollo not him. which would mean that he shouldn't be work in science fiction things. He should be like the better maker of things like his stuff like he is better at making something now then other but cause of the quality of the product not cause of it being better cause of some grand knowledge. I had to check that cause something had been feeling off about that, so I double checked myself on that.

Yes, he always was more technologically advanced then the rest of the gods, wasn't he? Plus, why wouldn't he look for better ways to do his craft? I mean, don't the myths have him making Automatons anyway? Besides, did you know that the greatest holders of mystical power, as understood by the common man, were the smiths? Now, instead of imbuing and using magic in his works, he uses science, the modern version of the same force.

Edit; Also, the really nice bit? Sure, they are the god/dess of knowledge. He is the god of practical application. Sure, they might 'know' it, but can they actually do it? The difference is that of someone who has a university degree, and someone who learned via life experience, apprenticeship and on-the-job learning.

Because, if they could make those weapons with those fancy effects, why would they go to him for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom