Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Olympians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the danger that pursues our characters is actually the reincarnated Titans. They would be much older adults (thirties to forties in age), have a greater grasp of their abilities, and have some evil, overall plan for the modern world. I was also thinking that one of the RPer who is playing two characters might have one of them kidnapped for a while as a potential plot point.

Another thing I wanted to discuss is the setting. Where is this taking place? London? New York?

Your thoughts?

That does sound like a great idea, could be really fun, I think a rural city could be fun, one that is a good size generic city where it is out in the country basically meaning that there isn't that much around the city so that it could have the greatest variety of characters living in the city from traditional city folk to country folk who live on the outskirts of the city.

A fictional town perhaps, with a decent sized population, a downtown, and a larger rural area. Someone can come up with a name :p

As for abilities, these manifest in our characters over the course of the RP right? I think the strongest should of course be Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades as it was them who originally beat the Titans. All three of them are equal in strength. We can also include Hestia, Hera, and Demeter to that as well as they are also in the original six. I think the abilities should grow when they are together and decrease when they separate or go on their own. Only these six should be able to hold their own individually. Thoughts?

Aw... I just realized, I'm not in the original six. xD Kidding. I agree with all that, though. Hm... What about the name Terra Bella? Just a suggestion. ^^

Well you do have Athena, who can come up with all the battle plans and strategies and all that (barring Ares's suggestions).

The City of Terra Bella sounds good. Somewhere in north-western America we'll say. Cool?

Pffft. Me neither.

The other six can be the COOLER six.

;P

But, these ideas are pretty great. Frogger, I almost prefer what I read accidentally: Terra Bell. Or maybe something like Terra Belaire. Bella can be overused. Down for anything, really.

Another NPC should be Gaia, the Earth. She should be like the font of wisdom and direction for our characters, but she can only be communed with if all are present for the gathering.

I like the gaia idea but i think she needs to be less of a guide. Like maybe an answer and then shes done for a while. Part of an adventure is finding out the truth for yourselves. Wouldnt be to great if we could ask gaia if these a danger behind each corner.

Reporting in.

Just going to say, on the matter of power levels, I'm really shocked nobody has grasped just what nice little things each can do that while no as good for direct combat, could be even more devastating.

Hermes; God of Communication, so lets proceed to really mess up the enemies ability to communicate.
Hestia; Goddess of the Home, lets make sure they have no true home, no place where they really belong.
Artemis; Goddess of the Hunt, sic a swarm of hunting insects, or just given them a never ending feeling of being hunted.
Athena; Goddess of Wisdom, lets see them act without wisdom, without careful forethought and planning.
Dionysus; God of BOOZE!!!!, get them piss-ass drunk.
Hera; Goddess of Marriage and Family, lets turn those very bonds against them.
Persephone; Goddess of spring and Renewal, who brings the curses of the living on the dead, and can block or promote healing.
Hephaestus; God of Technology, Fire and Science, who can send you to the future, or back to the stone ages.

On the whole Titans thing, I say have Gaia be Neutral, or motherly and grandmotherly to both factions, as she is either mother or grandmother to most on each side, so while she could help, she won't do anything to harm either side directly.

But, on the Titaness I fear the most? Mnemosyne, Titan of Memory and mother of the Muses. Depending on how things go with her, well, give me physical danger, I can deal with that. How do you fight a being that can control your memories?

The main enemy should be Cronus, the father of the original six Olympians. He should be accompanied by the other Titans in various forms, and each should control some element of public life (law, politics, police, local gangs, the media, even the school boards for some of the character's high school/college). The story should play out that each RPer and their characters gets to destroy at least one Titan over the course of the RP, in order to even it out that no one character does all the heavy lifting.

As for Gaia, she should be a neutral NPC who appears to the gathered characters one time and informs them of their true heritage. That should be the first phase of our RP, I think. Frogger can decide who gets to control her and such.

As for the abilities of each God and Goddess, it's not about what they can do but how it will manifest itself upon the real world. There should be some sort of limit to how much of their abilities each character can drawn on. They can't use it indefinitely and would need periods of rest in-between. This is just how I believe it should be done. Of course Frogger has the final say in all of this.

I agree with BennyQ on quite a few aspects. Cronus should be the main enemy, for he is the father, and the most powerful of the Titans. If anyone wants to play a Titan, I will allow it. I think it'd had a certain...dangerous feel to the role-play. We can even have it where someone in the group is actually working for the Titans.

As for abilities, everything the reincarnations can do is on a smaller scale than the actual Gods. Remember, they are incarnations, not the Gods themselves. Hm... any other input?

*coughs* Hera's worship predates the Olympian Pantheon back from the days when the proto-Greeks were a Matriarchal society... So she can kick any of the boy's asses... As Grimsage said she's all about family...and what would happen to an Olympian who no one felt was 'one of us'... Heheheheh

Sorry, Benny, you stomped on my feminist buttons when you presumed the boys were the most powerful... And presumed Good vs. Evil in the polytheistic world... And didn't give Echidna, mother of Monsters, her due...

*rant off... But will spank if called to*

ooooo wicked thought, maybe Hera could end up 'Daddy's little girl'

I'd be willing to play Cronus and already have him feuding with Philip (Hades) when we begin the story. Other characters can come to his rescue. I could also play others.

@Carla von Fotze Well no one wants to get into whose wroship predates what. The entire war with the Titans was borrowed from the Near-East anyways. I'm just trying to stick to conventional Greek myths, where it is commonly known that Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades fought the Titans and were given weapons and such to do so (Zeus's thunderbolt, Poseidon's trident, Hades's Cap of Invisibility). There was no mention of the sisters being involved, and I thought it would be neat to give them a role anyways. So please, keep your feminism aside and be happy I included them when the actual myths says nothing of their involvement. I'm not looking for a fight, but I think you just misunderstood me.

I wouldn't mind having the Titans summon Echidna, in her true form, when all is lost for them.

I feel ya, Frogger. I do hope we can begin soon, once we've ironed out the details for the RP and get everyone on board.

I'd ditch Dionysus for Prometheus, I'd play the Titan as a Doctor who runs a free clinic in the worst part of town. Kind hearted and non judgmental ... But maybe isn't the Olympians biggest fan... The whole rock, vulture thing... She's even a touch phobic about birds in this lifetime...

Hm... Well then, if that's the case, I would prefer it that if a person plays two characters, one be a God and one be a Titan. I'd ditch one of my characters to be a Titan... However, that's just a preference.

Makes sense Frogger... To flesh out the game...and show both sides of the story

Dibs on Prometheus... Would it be too silly if my doctor was let off steam by being a fire dancer?

nqW515w.gif

One thing to consider is that if the titans are the enemy those playing titans might have their titan die eventually.

I don't mind having my Titan killed off. But he is the main villain which means he just has to be killed last, if that is alright with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom