Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Deleted.

RE: Friends with supernatural benefits. ( With Shani )

Maureen drove to her knew location, tracking the murderous blood sucks getting hints from the church of where to go next. Pulling up next to the deserted house the exterior looked as if no one had been there for years. Maureen put the truck in park looking at it with a sigh, "Home sweet home." She said opening the door to the truck, removing her seat belt. As Maureen was about to swing her legs over to climb out of the truck, she noticed a man standing there listening as he began to speak. "Oh...Hello. Yes I am moving in....you're so kind." She smiled softly thinking about it briefly, she had to fit in after all, making friends even if her time there would be short. "I could use a hand....Thank you." She replied taking his hand hopping down from the U-haul, with his help. Moving to the back of the truck opening the hatch.

Looking at him as he introduced himself, He was interesting such manners in this day and age but he couldn't be a vampire for the sun was out and he was way too sweet. "Hello Darryl, I'm Maureen." She said catching his gaze he had beautiful eyes her warm chocolate eyes looked into his. Shaking her head softly, "I don't know yet...I've come to study." She said which was her typical college story being 22 she could get away with it. Maureen began to unload her stuff from the U-haul.

Maureen watched as he brought boxes into the house. Stopping him at the ones that had her hunting gear, not needing to frighten or raise suspicion to herself. "Yes some of my more personal belonging are in those boxes I'll take care of them thanks." She replied watching and began to carry more stuff into the house. Hearing his next comment she turned towards him "Oh I've heard that this area was quiet lovely?" She lied wondering where he was going with this. Listening to his tale, The priests knew their stuff always sending her in the right direction. Maureen figured she should play dumb in order to fit into a normal standard knowing all too well what had happened. "Oh my goodness that's awful, I'm shocked to hear that but it's too late now I've already sold my old house for this one." She said having no where else to go. "Well thank you for your concern I'll just have to be careful I guess." Hearing him offer his number it would be rude for her not to take it. "Sure just in case." Maureen said with a smile Thank you again for helping me unpack I do appreciate it.

Maureen took his number looking it over, before looking back at him. She smiled at him, "Likewise....Thanks again, I'll call if I'm in need." Watching him as he walked off. Taking the last couple boxes inside. Maureen looked around for her things beginning to unpack and act like a normal person. Putting his number in her pocket.When she got to her hunting gear she closed all of the windows and the curtains so no one could see them bringing them ito her bed room and hiding things around the house, just in case see needed them at an easy access. After a ew hours she decided she would rest a bit before going out. Locking the house up she went to her room and took a nap.

Maureen slept through the night resting wanting to get a feel for the town before going hunting. Wanting to know the in's and outs of the area. Waking up early drinking a cup of tea, reading the paper to see if there was anything knew to report. Continuing to set up her "normal" human home until she would be forced to relocate again. Maureen heard the knock on her door, looking at it skeptically. Having a knife tucked away on her person she approached the door looking the the peep hole. Seeing the guy who helped her yesterday. Maureen unlocked and opened the door, with asmile she spoke, "Hello...?" She asked wondering why he had stopped by.

Maureen blinked at him, "No..not really. She replied in response to his statement being weird. Maureen was in a pair of fitted blue jeans, and a red blouse. Her dark curls flowing down to her shoulders, complementing her fair skin. "Um sure could you excuse me a moment?" She replied closing the door turning off her boiling water then reaching into the cabinet she pulled out a gun placing it in her bag wanting to be armed just in case. Adjusting her bag over her shoulder before returning to the door opening it stepping out locking her door. "Ready?" she asked

(lol gotta love when that happens)

Maureen made sure the door was locked before leaving the house. She didn't want to risk anyone going in and looking around. Beginning to walk off with Darryl to see the town. "Um well I don't know anything about this town really so anything you can show me would be appreciated." She said granted normally moving to a new town you would check it out before moving in but she was just told where to go and she did.

Nodding her head she followed Darryl down the street. Raising an eyebrow, "Well what do you want to know?" She asked him then listened to his questions. "The house really isn't so bad...but it's all I can afford right now anyway. I moved here to be closer to my university, and to get away from my old town, wanting something new." She replied wondering what was going through his head as he asked her questions.

Maureen nodded her head, continuing to walk with him looking around town. Tilting her head as he spoke wondering why it was weird. "I don't mind that it is old, that means it has history. Now that you mention it, it is a little creepy. But as I said being a student I'm low on funds and they gave it to me at such a discount, I had no other choice." She replied he asked too many questions starting to dislike his company. Being a loner was her lie not making friends for it put others in danger. Also needing to fight and do her job with out holding back.

Maureen listened as he spoke not paying full attention to what he was saying unless it was about the vampires. Not really caring where everything was granted she was memorizing routes and alley ways to make sure there was more than one escape route if needed. "Oh I'll be careful no worries there.." she replied Wondering why he was telling her so much about a case him being a cop what he's saying sounds confidential, not that she cared cause it was making her aware of what to look out for. Hearing him ask her age she nodded "yes I'm in my 20's" As he went on about him being a cop, that was not good with all of the weapons she had in her house and if people turn up with stakes in there hearts, and she's no where to be found her job just became harder.

Maureen went along with him being polite but she really didn't plan on staying in town long, only long enough to kill the blood sucking leach and move on. "Yeah a bit, I didn't have a change to grab breakfast, before hand." Since he had come over first thing in the morning t take her on this journey. "I'm not that picky but I do enjoy Italian food." She replied.

Maureen couldn't help but feel like she was being watched. Non-nonchalantly looking around wonder who else was around. Not seeing anyone but that didn't mean no one was there. It couldn't be a vampire for it was still day light a vampire would normally be asleep. Maureen continued walking until she realized Darryl had stopped looking at him curiously, "Are you alright?" Something seemed to be wrong could he feel the same presence she felt? It seemed almost strange to her, with the way he was acting.

Maureen watched the retied cop looking about confused by his actions not understanding what he was doing or what he was hearing. He seemed strange for a normal person. Maureen up-ed her pace to catch up with him. Maureen knew garlic wasn’t a go to but Italian food was something she could trust to eat. Having no idea that a vampire was using this outing to his advantage. She walked inside the restaurant with Darryl waiting to be seated.

Maureen sat down at the table ordering a glass of water and chicken Alfredo. Sitting patiently waiting feeling Darryl analyze her, she could be paranoid at times Always sitting against a wall so nothing could sneak up on her. "For school and to be on my own away from the small town I'm from." She replied he was still on" this topic why was he so curious to her reasoning. "yes it's a great start when when you have little money." She replied taking pip "we'll thsnk..."

Maureen began to eat her meal, in the lighting the man she was speaking to was rather handsome. Granted there was something about him but she couldn't put her finger on it. Maureen kept eating as he made all sorts of accusations in his thoughts. Then seeing his face twist strangely as he thought looking up at the light he was staring at, maybe he was a little "special." Grabbing her napkin she wiped her mouth "Um Darryl is something wrong?" She asked.

Maureen continued to watch him not sure of what was wrong with him, of course she'd meet the weird ones as she moves around. Giving a soft smile, "It's okay really..." She said going quiet finishing her meal.

(It's ok I understand lol )

Maureen sat there watching him not knowing what was going through his head. "You haven't bothered me but you are acting very strange...I see" She said listening to him she felt bad for him but it was hard to engage in any form of real conversation with his thoughts everywhere. Taking a sip of her drink as they sat together. He asked so many curious questions and the more he had asked the more he pushed her away not needing to be found out for what she did. "Indeed it is..." She said not realizing how late it had become. She watched as he placed quite a sum of money on the table. Maureen smiled softly and took his hand standing up getting ready to leave.

Maureen was silent as they walked out o the restaurant looking around to see if there was anything about. Looking to see how dark it was for she was planning on hunting tonight but she had been out all day and was getting tired. She smiled softly, "Sure I would love too." She said walking with him to his favorite place.

Maureen looked around when they got there seeing the sigils, SHe was very confused maybe he was more then he appeared to be. Either way she wasn't about to spill anything she knew. Though she was more on edge, "How nice...No...I have no idea what they are, they're rather creepy though..." She said as a normal person would thinking they were cult markings. Granted she knew exactly what it was.

She nodded her head listening him, wondering why this was the only place with them. "That isn't human?....you mean like monsters?" She asked then laughed "Yeah your old man sounds nuts, you have animals and humans on this planet no such things as monsters..." She covered What was with this town? "Oh um yeah it's pretty..."

Maureen nodded her head "Yes it is...how time flies..." SHe said looking at him as he took her hand he was harmless so it didn't bother her too much. "Tonight was nice...you are really sweet. But I'm her for school and I have to focus on that..." She said not letting him down or anything since it wasn't really a date she was just being friendly figuring he was doing the same since he had showed her the town. "I'm sure I'll see you around...Good night." She said letting go of his hand and walking into her house after she unlocked the door. Shutting the door behind her she re-locked and sighed that was so much for one day she didn't get anything done and she was too tired to want to do anything now. Taking off her shoes she went to the kitchen and made a cup of tea.

Maureen was about to sit with her tea, when she heard a voice. Damn she had been out all day with no protection on the house, that blasted man distracted her. She dropped her tea cup quickly taking the gun in her purse out holding tightly to it, as the lights went out. "Stop being a coward and show yourself leech!" She said looking around the room though it was too dark for her to really see.

Maureen tried to get her eyes to adjust to the night but she was struggling trying to watch for the monster. The gun she hand held silver bullets normally good enough to kill any vampire. Maureen stumbled a bit as she was pushed turning around to see nothing there. This one was definitely different. Unable to see his movement pattern then felt a quick action feeling the bit upon her neck quickly putting her hand there. and backing up to be against the wall. "It doesn't matter who you are...it only matters that you no longer exist."

Maureen still held the gun out ready to pull the trigger if need be. If he wanted her dead he would've done it already, unless he wanted to toy with her. "Well instead of toying with me perhaps you could get on with what you want." She replied still holding the gun to him. "Say what you have to say..." closing her eyes as the lights came on blinding her a moment. "I know you...I've seen you before in the past towns I've been too...Who are you and what do you want? Warn me about what? " She asked then listening to his words, "Do you think I chose to be here? No, I go where the church sends me." She stated waiting o hear where this was going. He was right the information he had was indeed valuable but why was he offering it to her? "Why would you give me such information? What do you want? By help you out what does that entail? Is that me just leaving your family alone? How will I be able to differentiate your family from the others?" She asked not sure where this was going or what he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom