Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

.::Wanting & Needing::. [Mephilis and Ironic]

He wanted to embarrass her, but not drive her away. He tried to catch her as she ran by, but somehow missed. He spent a few moments looking at his hand wondering how. "Is something wrong with your hand?" Someone finally asked, another patron by the looks of it. Some kinda bear, Mephilis didn't care however and backhanded the male to the floor before chasing after Ski. By the time he caught up to her, he saw the horse grabbing her arm. Eyes narrowing, the black shifted into a blazing pink color.

As she ran, and they gave chase, Mephilis followed along the building tops. Gracefully jumping from one to another. Waiting for her to run into an alley, for some reason people always did when they were being chased. He would know, hes chased many a person for various reasons, from murder, to rape, to just because. The subconscious desire to entrap one's self should never be underestimated.

Breathing hard, she paced herself evenly so she wouldn't stress herself out or ware herself out for that matter. Looking behind she noticed the three males still following up behind her.

"Don't run! We just want to talk!" The rabbit shouted, but the way his voice sounded didn't seem as if they wanted to chit-chat. Luckily, she came to the sidewalk on the streets, and quickly made a left turn, and thankfully due to being in the city, the chase finally ended, and the three men stayed there, cursing at Ski, but to hell with them. She continued to run just to make sure they couldn't follow her to where he home was, but unknowingly, someone was indeed following her the entire time.

What seemed like years she finally arrived to her apartment. She placed her back against the door and held her hands to her chest, panting uncontrollably, feeling her heart bounce around in her thoracic cavity. She stood like this for a few moments, trying to process what just happened; it all happened so quick yet felt like centuries.

Mephilis was disappointed, he wanted an excuse to gut those three males. Well, not that he needed one, but still, she had to go and escape. Resisting the urge to stop and punish the other three, Mephilis continued to follow. Until finally she reached what must have been her home. His eyes faded back into the black that they once where. He began to make his way down toward her.

Landing off tot he side of her, rather silently, the male slithered up beside her and leaned into the wall near her door. "That was close. For a second there I thought I might actually have to help you." He said looking over his claws, like nothing had happened. "Shame too, these babies miss the taste of fresh blood."

Feeling the presence of someone by her, she jumped once she heard the mans voice, a light yelp was made out of her throat before she used her hands to cover her mouth. Turning towards him she cocked a brow.

"Why did you fallow me home?" She questioned him, her body exhausted and tired from the rough day and night she had, but even though her body was tired her mind ran through all of the possibilities of the mans intentions. "How come everywhere I go you're there? May I know my stalkers name if I am sure to see him by me?" Crossing her arms she leaned back against her door, setting a foot against it too.

"If you don't mind I would like to know your motives, because someone randomly doesn't keep following someone." She smirked before fondling in her purse to retrieve her keys, unlocking her home and opening the door. Sighing, she looked over. "Might as well invite you in." She said as she extended an arm into her arm, an open invitation.

"Why did I follow you home? Because I can." The feline answered plainly as he gave her a slight grin, his claws receding back into his fingertips. Jerking his neck to a side, he made a loud, sickening crack fill the air. Running a hand through his hair, the male sighed softly before looking at her again. "I followed you to your workplace, I will admit, you interested me. I heard someone call you Ski, and figured it was your name. But... as for just now, I was already there when you arrived, so it is fair to say that YOU stalked ME tonight."

Pushing off the wall, the feline stretched, yawning rather loudly. "As for following you home, I was trying to stop you from bolting out like a lunatic, saw those boys harassing you, figured I should atleast make sure you made it home alright." To her invitation, the male moved forward, "If you are sure you want such a rude, and snobby feline in your home."

Her chin stood tall as she heard the man explain of his reasoning to knowing how he found out her name, and a quick nod she gave to him. "Fair enough, I had no idea you were at the brothel so let's just say that it was pure utter luck." She followed him into the house and and closed the door, chuckling at what he said. "I too admit you are very intriguing, but I want to thank you for watching over me." She tossed her dress on her leather couch, still in her undergarments. "Feel free to make yourself at home." She noted before walking into her room and slipping on some sweat pants and a comfy tshirt.

Walking back into the living room, she went into her kitchen and open up the fridge, seeing a hug of milk and a bottled water. Taking both, she poured the milk into a glass cup and put the jug away, walking over to the man and giving him he glass. Sitting down on her couch she sighed before taking a sip of her water. "Sorry you seen me act so... Slutty."

"No need to thank me, I would have enjoyed making them beg for your forgiveness."Upon entering her residence, the large feline would stretch again, no yawn this time however. As she asked, he made himself at home, falling down on the couch and reclining back. Eyes close din contemplation until he heard her walking back into the room, Taking the glass as she gave it, the male shook his head. "That is not slutty, that is what I would call sexy. Slutty would have been getting in that guy's lap and going to town, or taking him to a back room. ALl I saw you do was cut loose, we all need to some time." He said before taking a drink of the milk. "But don't expect me to not give you a hard time about it next time I see you in public." he said, giving her a sly smile.

She shook her head and smiled, giggling softly at him. "Oh darn, I set myself up now did I?" Taking another sip of her water, she blushed slightly. Sexy? She had never heard of such a thing being referred to herself. That was the first time she heard it, and wondered if it would be the last or not. Biting the inside of her cheek, she wondered what to ask the feline. His expression always looked and seemed bored, but she wondered what went on in that intelligent mind he had.

"So where do you stay or live?" Questioning him, she laid down on her couch, setting down her water bottle and twiddling her thumbs as they rested on her stomach. Never before did she have company, but out of all the people she could of chosen it was him, and somehow she smiled at the thought. "He's so mysterious, and I like that about him" her thoughts ran as the male was thinking of a way to respond to her question.

"Why yes you have." He said drinking up his milk in one solid gulp. Tossing the glass aside, at first it might have seemed he had no respect for her. However the glass somehow landed upright on her coffee table. Looking over at her as she began to lay back, he was surprised she would be so comfortable around him after how he had been acting. Most women would be on alert, most impressive indeed. "I had been sleeping on the rooftops until I got a hotel room... but I think I will go back to the roofs, ceilings have an annoying way of blocking my view of the stars."

Looking over at her, he tilted his head a bit, "If you want to relax, feel free to rest your legs in my lap. In fact, if you like, I can massage them for you, I am certain they must be tired after all that running." He said as his hands moved to his gloves, prepared to slide them off if she felt inclined to accept his offer.

Staring at the ceiling she nodded in agreement. "Ceilings do block the view of the stars, true true, but I don't feel comfortable with you sleeping out there in the cold." She cleared her throat before continuing. "If you would like I wouldn't mind if you stayed over here every once in a while, I do admit it gets lonely being here by myself." Her head turned over to look at a nearby wall, feeling embarrassed again to her admitting such things. She watch as the glass positioned itself on her coffee table, already impressed. Somehow she felt rather comfortable around him, and she didn't know why, but she respected his honesty and that he was okay to be who he was without giving two fucks of what anyone thought.

His request was rather random, and it caught her off guard. Quickly she say up and placed her feet on the ground, nervously laughing. "Oh no no I'm fine, thank you though." She brushed her stray hairs from her face away, hear heart pounding heavily in her chest. Her eyes glanced over to see the man, prepared to take off his gloves if needed. Sweat started to bead at her temple before standing up, stretching and giving off a little yawn.

"I'll be in my room if you need anything. I have a tv, computer, and gaming counsel of you want to keep yourself distracted, and I will hope for the best once I wake up that you don't steal my belongings, and if you do, then oh well." She shrugged and made a little chuckle at her joke, walking towards her bedroom, stopping to add a thought. "I have blankets and pillows in my closet right here..." She pointed to the closet, a tall one with two sliding doors, "remember, if you need me you know where I'm at." Ski slid away into her room, leaving the door opened just incase he needed something. This was a weird and different experience for her, but she enjoyed the company, rather it was nice or not.

"Very well, if you change your mind, let me know." he said leaving his gloves on, taking up the couch to himself as she left it. Giving her a somewhat sly grin. "Theres only one thing I'm interested in stealing from you." He didn't say it, but that's the general impression he was giving off. "Oh, I will try not to overstay my welcome. But if you do get lonely and I am not here, just walk around outside, I'll find you."

"I'm covered in fur with a coat on, I doubt I will need a blanket." he said as she went into her room. Mephilis only took off his clothes for two reasons, sleep was not one of them. "Same goes to you Ski, if you need my for 'anything' just call for me, you know my name right?" he asked, knowing damn well he hadn't told it to her yet.

Hearing the man rambling about she shook her head and decided not to answer, feeling it was best to not suck into his little traps and to let his mind roam. Lifting up her covers she crawled into bed, snuggling herself up tightly and nuzzling the comforter sheets. The sent was of clean laundry, and it made her feel as if she were melting in the covers.

Her mind concentrated on the man, and who he was. All she knew was that he was a tough guy who didn't take crap from anyone, but does he ever hurt? Feel pain? And if he does, eventually does he show it behind closed doors? And what did he mean about stealing someone from her? She'd just have to find out in the morning. With heavy eyes she decided that it was best to continue her thoughts in the morning, and she would surprise him with some breakfast, eggs and an arrangement of meats maybe? Snuggling in a bit more tightly, she shut her eyes and fell into a sleep, her dreams replaying the action packed day she has had.

She did not respond, shrugging a bit, Mephilis sighed, missed her first chance to find out what his name was. He might give her another, but not too soon from now. For now he would close his eyes and let his body rest. Long black tail dancing around on the floor as he slept. Large black ears acting as radar dishes, sensing all manner of sounds around him.

The crack of dawn entered into the blinds of her room, the light someone managing to get into her closed eyes. Squinting a bit, she rustled in the covers, groaning and not wanting to wake up, but she knew she had to. Ski gave out a big stretch fallowed by a large yawn, her jaw opening up at full length. Sitting up she scratched her head lazily, getting up and heading to the bathroom. Peering into the mirror she reached for her toothbrush and began to put a dab of toothpaste onto it, brushing her teeth to rid of the morning Breath that lingered.

After she brushed her teeth, she turned on the water, letting it flow freely until it reached the comfortable heat she liked. Quickly before she undressed herself she remembered that the man was here, but she figured he probably would of left by now anyways, why would someone want to stay in her company ? Stepping into the shower she let the water flow freely over her nude body, her fur getting wet and cleansed. Reaching for the bottle of 2-in-1 shampoo she lathered her hair in it, the scent of grapes filling into her canine nostrils. Silently she hummed a tune as she scrubbed the soap into her scalp, before rinsing it off.

The soapy water flowed down her body and into the drain, her body feeling now clean and refreshed. Turning off the water, she tiptoed out of the shower and wrapped her body in a towel, wrapping her long chestnut hair into one as well, and waking into her room to find something to wear for the day.

Mephilis ha din fact, not left, he wa sin her kitchen, singing... and cooking of all things. "Can hold my breath, only for a little while, until reality starts sinking in." After a brief reprieve and tossing a sausage patty into the air, and catching it in his skillet, he continued. "Once again, I'm settling for second best. Turn the page and skip to the end where I swore that I would try since the last time, I crossed that line, in the back of my mind." Tossing the three patties in the skillet out onto a plate loaded with them. Next to this plate, was one loaded with bacon, beside it one with eggs, both scrambled and fried. To top it all off there were also pancakes. Had he used her food to cook? No, he went out and got it on his own as to not tax her own reserves. Now that he was done cooking, he began to dance a little, singing continuing.
"It only hurts when your eyes are open, lies get tossed and truth is spoken! It only hurts when that door gets open, dreams are lost and hearts are broken!"

Fumbling through her closet she heard a sound and smelt an aroma of food, and instantly knew that the man didn't leave, but Ski was more than okay with this, but why was he cooking? She already had plans to do so, but she figured she would see what he was up to. Taking the towel off that confined her small body, she began to put on a set of white undergarments. Searching in her bottom drawer she found a nice pair of flaired jeans, and a blue V shaped shirt to top it off. Her ears tuned in on the sounds, and heard that he was singing, which was as good as the last time he sung. Taking the towel out of her hair she sat it down and brushed her long locks, the water still dripping from the bottom tips, but she decided to wear her hair in a pony tail.

Once she felt done with getting ready, she made her way to the kitchen, and her eyes opened wide with unexpectedness. Did he cook all of that food? And was it the food that was in her fridge? If he did or didn't use the food in her fridge she wouldn't of minded anyhow. "Good morning." She smiled at him as she walked behind him, peering over his side to see that he was tossing sausage patties in a skillet. "You didn't have to cook, I had intentions on cooking this morning for you." Ski smelt all of the food being mixed into her nose, and she couldn't help but feel as if she was drooling from it. "Is there anything you need help with?" Ski offered in, seeing he already had control over the kitchen, and she couldn't help but feel something in the pit of her stomach... Was it butterflies? She was actually starting to take a big liking to this guy, and was seeing him more as a gentle giant than anything. Knowing he had a good heart, he just wanted to lock it up in a vault and use it at times he felt best. She could only wonder what he thought about her, probably nothing special.

"Greetings." The male said in response, looking over at her with a slight grin. He knows he didn't have to cook, he wanted to. In honesty he felt responsible for her near miss last night, and this was his way of making amends. He would never in a million years admit to it, in fact he had his excuse all played out before he started. "I do not mind, gives me something to do. Didn't feel like departing just yet, figured I would cook."

"As she offered her assistance, the male flipped up a patty, the last one actually. Catching it on its rim with his spatula, he balanced it for a bit. "Well I am done with the cooking... but it seems I overestimated my level of hunger... you could help me eat if you wish." She probably wouldn't fall for the whole, 'was only cooking for me but accidently made enough for two' thing, but he wasn't admitting to his thoughtfulness without a fight.

A sly grin made it's way on her lips, already thinking of how nice it was to do this, but honestly he didn't have to. She thought it would of only been right to make him breakfast since after all he is the guest of the house, ehrm, apartment. She couldn't help but laugh aloud at his little excuse, patting him softly on the back. "There there, it's okay, no need to shy that nice heart you have." She reached up in her cabinet and took out two plates for the two along with silverware. She reached for two glasses as well and poured some milk into them.

"But either way, thank you very much." She warmly said as she began to pick up a pancake with the steam still flying up into the air. Walking by the eggs she scraped some scrambled into her plate, as well as picking up a couple of pieces of bacon a two sausage patties. She left plenty enough for the man, knowing he would have a larger appetite than she would. She walked over to the kitchen table and sat down, taking a forkful of the fluffy eggs into her mouth. She had to admit, he was a pretty good cook, the eggs flavor rolling around in her tongue, the juices filling her mouth. "You're awesome at this, even better than myself!" She chuckled aloud.

Mephilis actually felt uncomfortable when she patted him on the back and mentioned his "nice heart." If only she knew what she was dealing with, this man has enslaved, slaughtered, destroyed entire worlds on the whim of another. His heart was anything but 'nice'. Biting his lip, the male tried to shake the feeling off as he took his plate. pilling on anything and everything he could, before sitting down across from her. If he didn't know any better he would say this woman had a spirit like his sister's.. the good sister.

"I don't know about that." Mephilis said as he began to eat. Fighting off the thoughts that kept coming into his mind. Its been a long time since the words of another could provoke so much thought in the mind of the Divergus male. Trying to just dismiss it all, the male flopped his long golden hair aside. Trying to get his mind back tot he food, he was trying to eat. "So if I'm going to be occupying your couch at random times maybe I should know more about you. Where are you from? Why aren't you beating men off with a stick?"

Glancing up to him, she knew he didn't want to admit up to his nice actions, but she shrugged it off and didn't want him to ponder more, looking as of he were deep in thought about something. If only Ski knew what the feline had been through, then maybe she would understand completely. He caught her off guard, asking about her and such. Blankly she stared at her food, wondering how to answer his questions, never answering anything like this topic to anyone. Biting the side of her cheek she sighed out, knowing someone had to know at least.

"I don't really know where I came from..." She admitted, taking off a chunk of the pancake and pitting into her mouth, eating it while thinking of ways to explain herself. After she swallowed she continued with her story. "I was from foster families, I never really found a home and I was sent off on my own once I turned 18." She silently sat back in her seat, thinking of those long hard years at the foster home. She shuddered and shook her head, now moving on the different topic. "Well to be honest, I've never really hung out with a man before and I always try to keep my distance so I'm not put up for rejection, and what I talked about yesterday about men, hell, how would I know, I'm still a virgin." She couldn't believe she admitted this to him, a stranger. Shuffling in her seat uncomfortably she took another forkful of eggs and shoved them I her mouth I keep her from saying anymore.

It took the feline a few moments, but he was able to clear his mind. Using his fork to clear a path through his plate, the feline listened to her story. Not exactly the sunshine and rainbows he was expecting. For such a chirpy girl, she had a pretty grim beginning. When she admitted to never having being abound men before, the feline smiled a bit. "Must really suck for you, first time you really hang around a man, hes some feline that belongs on the side of the road." Laughing to himself, the feline consumed another piece of bacon as she admitted to being a virgin. An eyebrow raised up a bit as he eat a bit more. "If that is a problem, I can rectify it for you." He said giving her a wink as he tossed his fork into the air. Upon reaching it's peak height, the utricle can crashing down, plunging itself into a pancake. He offered that in a mostly joking fashion, he did not expect her to accept.

Looking off toward the window, Mephilis could feel the sunlight glaring on his eyes. That did not bother him, but it did bring him back to the song he was singing. 'It only hurts when your eyes are open.' Might as well be an anthem to his life, possibly hers as well. Still looking out onto the sun, the feline took the fork once more. Using it to slice into his pancakes, so that he could eat them piece, by piece.

All of these touchy topics were making Ski blush a lot, a new feeling to her and still she didn't know how to react to it. Taking her hands she shook them back and fourth along with her head, a look of shock playing on her face. "Oh no no no! I would only think to do sexual acts with a significant other, not a random. I appreciate the though..." She chuckled at his joke, but she wondered if he was serious in a hidden way. Lately she noticed he was talented with a few things, including his trick with the fork. She took another mouthful of crunchy bacon, enjoying he way the bacons grease coated her wet muscle.

"Now that I have out information about myself, would you care to share some about you? That's if you're willing." Ski picked up on how he hadn't really been too open about himself, including giving her his name. She didn't want to ask a third time, but instead let him say it whenever he was comfortable. She took her glass and sipped on her milk, her feet moving in it's own rhythm as she sat on the chair, humming into her mind. Her eyes wondered some more about him; he was very fascinating and that somehow drove her into wanting to know more.

"You have fun with that." mephilis said to her response to his question. Significant other, pah, what a joke, Shifting his gaze back to her when re requested to know more about him. For a canine, she sure was curious, almost as much as a feline. Setting down his fork, the feline stretched, letting out a load yawn. Afterward, he would learn forward, reaching out to her, finger tips touching the side of her face. Taking her mind to another place, another time.

She would behold a barren, black world, somewhere in the vastness of the stars. This world seemed ravaged by war, tears in it's surface revealing its wretched core, a burning red entity that reached out from beneath the surface. Storms of a similar color would crackle across the wasted Earth.

No sooner than she could begin to understand the sight, she would feel herself upon its surface. Choking on the insipid air, with each breath it felt as if something were tugging at her very soul, trying to rip it from her. Around her, in the forsaken wastes, were felines, similar to Mephilis. However most of them where coated in black fur and bore burning red eyes, like the core of the world. Some seemed to be staring at her, into her. Others where fighting across the desolate surface, battling for dominance, rule, serve, or die are the only laws on this world. Suddenly Mephilis would remove his hand form her head, pulling it back toward him. "Behold, the world on which I was born." With that, he went back to eating.

At first she cocked her head to the side once she seen him reach out towards her face, but as soon as his fingertip made corn act with her skin she instantly traveled into a weird worm hole type of deal, her body being pulled out from the present time to the past. Instantly her eyes were watering from the toxic smoke, her lungs ripping at her thoracic cavity to get a good fresh whiff of air, and the most horrible wails and cries one ever did hear. Ski's eyes grew wide and weary as she looked around, noticing bloodshed and battle, the victory roars and the defeated cries. The fur on the nape of her neck began to rise, a feeling of pure fear coursing trough her very own veins, until thankfully he stopped touching her, her body jolting as if her spirit jumped back into her. Instantly she was gasping for breath, holding her chest and looking around frantically, sighing once she knew she was back in her kitchen.

"Oh no that's terrible!" She exclaimed, watching the man give off a "it's no big deal" facial expression, as if he seen it every single day of his life, which she didn't doubt. "I am so sorry you endured a hell like that..." She bowed her head into thee palm of her hands and shook her head, flabbergasted. Pushing her meal away, she lost her appetite towards the chaotic scene, her stomach twisting as the reminder of choking on the toxic fumes stayed with her. "H-how were you able to do that to me?" She asked once her mind was back to normal, just realizing he posses a crazy type of power that she didn't know existed, her eyebrow cocked and peering into his eyes.

"It wasn't so bad." The feline said as he finished up his plate, proceeding to lick it clean. Once he had finished that, he wiped his fur off. Pushing his plate back, the male looked up at her, "Well its been fun Skileen, but I have a city to stalk, people to annoy, and so on." Standing up, the feline began to stretch, yawning loudly. "I am sure you have things you must attend to as well." he said as he made his way to the door, managing his hair a bit with his hands, getting it settled just how he liked it. Not too frizzy, but not so groomed he seemed like a pansy. "I guess I'll see you later." He saidm already certain he would run into her in the city, woman's gotta work after all.

Back
Top Bottom