Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mutants (me and LeatherNails)

desertpaladin

Supernova
Lawrence ran panting through the folliage. He had been brought to somewhere... hell he didn't know where exactly... all he knew was that he wasn't in the deserts of Phoenix anymore... Oh where did it go wrong? he was now... now a freak... his skin no longer both slightly pale and tan from his old life as a nerd... instead strange green scales that were not even getting the slightest bit scratched or damaged from these trees branches... hell he was causing branches that would have left a huge bruse on his arm snap like toothpicks. His body had grown, he was 6'4" before but he was now 6'7" and he felt like he would still grow still more. Stumbling a bit he collided with a tree and instead of being hurt he actually caused the tree to lean. Sighing he looked down at himself seeing what he had tripped over... his own tail... he then looked back and saw his wings were still folded on his back, well strapped down. he then looked away as he remembered that they had been broken in the attempted escape of which he was still doing.

Though he could not see himself his eyes were still hazel though they now had reptillian slits instead of human eyes. His brown hair was still there and his face was still the same... just scaley... his ears were more fin like and he did have the fin that ran down his spine and along his tail on his neck and his head. If he had really seen that sight again he would have just been even more depressed. True he was never the most handsome boy but still, it was the principle. He was a monster now... a freak. He gathered himself up, his body so much bigger and stronger now it was hard getting used to it but he began to run again, running through the forest in nothing but a pair of pants that he was given back at... well he was not sure what that place was. he kept running until he was suddenly on some sort of road. However before he even realized he was on a road he turned his head seeing some light coming toward him. he had no time to respond, he was going to be hit.

She had been doing at least 80 on the long stretch of road for at least several hours now. Her eyes were low and her lids heavy ,every so often she would feel her foot ease up off the pedal, but she had to keep going. She had to make it out of the district. Every minute she wasted was every moment they would be closer to catching up to her. She couldn't go back to that place, not again.

From the flats of Brazil, through the trashed streets of San Jose and up the line of Mexico. She had been running so long she didn't know what it felt like to rest. That day had changed her life forever. When she found out that she was a bit different from the rest of her siblings. They way her parents would look at her with worry. The neighbors had begun to talk and soon the whole community was staring at her. She thought she was just sick, but what can condition could result in someone burning down half a block of houses? She had placed so many in danger. That's when the suits arrived, several of them dressed in black, with comm links in the ear. They had found her, her family had given her up. Turned her in. She was dangerous and she knew it.

Got to keep going.

She didn't know where she was headed. Her mind in a daze and then suddenly she spotted something in the dark. The headlight catching a glimpse of what it was, but was her mind just tired and playing tricks on her. Slamming on her brakes she swerved in flurry off the road. Barely missing the obstacle. The car turned off into the grass as dust billowed up. She didn't know how many times the car had flipped, but she felt like she had been thrown in a tossed salad and then her world just faded to black. The car stopped right side up. It's driver bleeding from a head and wound and dislocated shoulder, but alive.

Lawrence saw the car and he worried now... he grabbed the car door with his clawed hands and he ripped it off it's hinges just tossing it aside and he saw the woman inside 'no...' he thought as his eyes teared up. he looked down at his hands but then he moved forward slicing the seatbelt off of her he pulled her from the vehicle and then lay her down on the grass as he looked over her. his eyes were watering from the shock... he... he had hurt this woman... He saw her shoulder was in bad shape and he was glad she was knocked out as he popped it back into place, though his clawed hands did scratch her a little.

When he looked at her head he saw it was bleeding... he had nothing but... looking at his back he sighed as he reached behind for the straps that held his wings there he pulled them off yelling out a bloody roar of pain as he did so. he had stifled it though, well tried to as his wings unfolded a bit and it was easy to tell they had been injured. Many of the bones and joints seemed in very bad shape as they made very strange shapes and the leather was torn a little in spots... He moved forward and he began to use the straps as bandages to stop the bleeding as he kept thinking to himself 'she... she will be alright...'

"Oww.." She groaned as her eyes opened. A sharp pain shot through her arm as she tried to move. Someone was holding her up and when she looked to the eyes of her rescuer she realized she had bumped her head harder than she had thought. "What ..what are you?" She asked not in panic toned, but a curious one. She looked over her shoulder at the car wreckage and realized what happened. She remembered swerving off the road to try to avoid hiting whoever or whatever and the 'whatever' was looking her right in the face.

Now he had tried to talk since transforming and he opened his mouth to speak but only growls and simmular sounds came out. he placed his hands over his mouth and he sighed as he thought "Great... I still can't speak..." though he did not know that he was not the only one who could hear that in their head.

"Huh?" She blinked in confusement. It was like he was speaking to her, but in her head. " How did you do that?" reaching up she grazed her finger over the bandaged wound on her head. "Did you do this?" Elaina slowly raised to her feet ignoring the pain she was feeling at the moment and turned to look at the car wreckage. Now what would she do?

"Do what?" was the only thing that went through his head before he got it and he looked up at her as he thought "you... you can hea what I am thinking?
but when she stood he moved to stand up and he held out his arms to keep her up as he seemed worried 'Woah now..." he thought "You experienced a nasty crash... you should relax..."

She looked at him curiously. Still feeling the surreality of what just happened. She began to wonder if she was hallucinating. As she took a step forward she realized why she was out here in the first place. "They're probably so close behind me now." She stated and letting go of his arm she crawled through the window of the car and grabbed whatever she could salvage.

He moved over to her as he wondered "Who could be chacing her?" not knowing she could hear his thoughts at all. She never gave him conformation that it was true. He looked at her before he groaned out a bit. His wings were hurting again... they had been fine in the straps but now they were in a lot of pain.

She had to think. She had to calm down and just think about her next step. "The agents, they're coming for me and if your with me then they'll take you to." She said looking at him. Somehow she could hear his voice in her head. It was some sort of telepathy. She began to walk forward, with the bag in her hand she made it back onto the road and began walking. Her brown boots clicking on the pavement. She had no idea what time it was, but she knew she needed to keep heading north and hpefully find some transportation. Then she suddenly stopped and turned back around to face him. He was mutant of course and he was different. "If we walk maybe I can find something for your wings, but we have to keep moving."

"Agents!" his mind was racing he figured that her people must be somehow connected to his... hell he trusted no government now. Looking at her he picked her up ans he thought 'Just hold on" and he began to run once again, taking care to keep the woman he held safe as he ran faster and harder than they could have if they both ran side by side. However as they ran they ran through the forest... and that was bad because as he moved to protect her sometimes his wings would be hit... it caused him great pain but he wanted to move this girl to safety.

"Whoa! Wait!" She said as he took off. She in his arms as she held on tightly to him. The forest flew by her in whirl of dark greens and blues. "Where are you going the road was that way!" She said. Behind them she saw lights flicker off into the distance. Where those agents? She couldn't really be to sure. Never before moving this fast in her life she wanted to put the breaks on, but what if those were agents? Maybe running was a good thing.

"Roads... they will be on roads" he thought as he kept running, though he was suffering a lot of pain "Go into the woods... find cover... keep them from finding us..." he said as he kept running faster and faster, though his body was beginning to tire from all of this and they would need to rest soon, at least he would.

As he ran. She noticed how he would flinch and pain. The bones of his wings were broken. He had been in doubt hurt. "What we have to do is get you to a hospital..er something" She said. Just great they were both without transport, it was cold out here and possibly they were being tracked. The lights had disappeared. She wondered where they had went off to. "Look! Over there!" She said. " A gas station!" Though it looked abandoned it was there only chance. She could find some supplies and food.

He burst from the trees and he rushed inside with her turning around to back slam the door open since it had been boarded up. He groaned as the wood broke and luckally the door had just swung open as he landed on the ground, on his back, hard... he then gasped out in pain as sickening cracks were herd from his wings... He was actually beginning to cry from the pain even though he was usually very tough as he lay there "Is she alright?" he wondered, the thought pouring into her head... hell he still had no idea if she could understand him or not... she had never told him. he was in a lot of pain as he lay there kicking the door closed as he felt things just going out of focus... the pain was intense.

She went to her back and began to fumble around. Pulling out some pain killer,s ointment and bandages. "Be still " she told him Sitting him down on the wooden chair she started to tend to his wounds. "How did you hurt yourself so badly?" She asked him. Yes, she could understand him. It was like he was speaking to her in her head. "Thanks for helping me out back there." She said dipping her hand into the jar of oil and rubbing it on him. "Here swallow these.."She said handing him two painkillers. . She noticed he had been crying and wiped his tears away. "It's going to be okay, your protected me..I'll protect you."

He sighed as he thought a small thank you as he took the pills and he just sat there, now it was his wings that were mostly damaged... and he would need someone who knew animals to really tend to them... but he sat there with her tending to him not complaining... even when it hurt... well he tried not to but he kept thinking things like 'ow' when it hurt.

"Oh stop, it didn't hurt that bad" She said before leaving him alone. Quite fond of the current paradox he was. A monster is what he looked like, but he acted like a child. "I'm going to see if I can find anything helpful. "She said before leaving his side. She retreated through the smile aisles of the store, grabbing can food, checking the expiration date. She founds bags of chips, some bottles of water and even a bowie knife. "Great, now if I can find a car that would be nice."

He sighed "You know you could have told me at any time you could read my thoughts" he looked at her as she walked around looking for food and he sighed. he had figured she could but she never told him, he really was able to tell now since he had shown no pain on his features when she had been fixing him up.

She shrugged ."Sorry, but look what I found, some chips, slim jims and bottles of water" She sat down in front of him, crossing her legs indian style as she tore open the contents she had. "You think those people are gone now? Maybe we should wait till dawn to leave. "She asked.

"I... I do not know... I do not feel anyone other than us near this building" he said as he looked down at her before he grabbed a slim jim... in truth he had a bigger craving for meat than he did before he changed and he scarffed down the slim jim rather quickly. he looked at her and he then sighed as he began to just free think "We could try to stay here and fight if they catch us, or maybe just stay here at least for the night and then travel on, or finish eating and go... it is hard to tell which is the right choice"

"Well I'm not a captain. I could go check and see. "Getting up to her boots she made her way carefully outside. It was so weird the silence. Like there was no sign of life anywhere out there, but them. Coming back inside she shook her head. "I don't see or sense anything, but with your injury I think it's best if we wait for you to heal a bit more than make our move." She stated. He would be no good to himself if he ran or even flew with injuries like the ones he had sustained. "I'm sorry..I almost hit you. How did it happen?"

He looked up at her "You mean hitting me? I was running" he said. Either he did not know what she was asking or maybe he didn't want to talk about it... in truth not even he knew what had happened to make him like this.

"From them?" She said to complete his sentence. "Um, no offense but how did you get like that. I mean were you born like that. or changed?" She didn't really start to examine him until now. He was a mutant like her, but then again he wasn't completely like her. He stuck out.

He was silent for a bit, he looked down at his clawed hands as they made soft noises as they just felt each digit. He sighed and he said "I don't know what i am running from to be honest..." he said after some silence "I mean... I used to be normal... look normal... true I was taller than most people and I could eat more... just minor things..." he gulped a bit "but one morning... I woke to pain... scales were coming out of my skin... I tried to hide it from my parents but soon it spread and i told them... they called 911... the next thing I remember is I was in a room... by myself... and i had changed into this..." he said as he sniffed a bit, seeming to remember the feeling of suddenly changing. "They tested me... ripped scales out of me, took samples... I went through a lot... it took all I had... but I found that my scales were harder than rock so i was able to use that and some of the newfound strength I had to bust out... I spread my wings and for the first time in my life... i felt...' he smiled now "Happy... I mean I was flying... god you have no idea what it feels like to know that you... just your own strength was able to make you take flight..." he paused however as his look of happyness just began to melt away almost into sadness. 'i was shot at.. my wings became ripped and I crashed... the crash only ripped them more... Then... I ran... I took what I could, managed to get them bandaged at least a little and then i have just been running for many days now... I don't want to go back... I don't..."

He sighed as he curled up a bit, trying to comfort himself a little bit as he sat there remembering the many many tests and things. he did not want to go back, he would not go back... he would run forever if need be...

Back
Top Bottom