Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lid-Licker!

Million

Full Moon
So, I was "caught"(I didn't really try to hide it) licking the lid of a yoghurt by a co-worker at work. It was lunch time and she called me out for it. "Oh, so you're a lid-licker. Good to know." I generally use the spoon that comes with the yoghurt, but if there is one of the kinds that doesn't come with a spoon, I lick it.

So what I then started to think of is; What does it mean to be a lid-licker? Is it a good thing, or bad thing? Does it have to mean anything at all? I guess my reasoning would be; It's food on the lid too. Why throw away perfectly eatable food?
It's against everything I've been raised to behave(I was raised to be a noble, and thus, licking a lid would be vulgar and yoghurts should be served in their own dessert bowls etc etc)

My mother would yell at me for licking the lids of things. Or anything else I attempted to lick that had food on it. Minus an ice cream cone!
I guess she viewed it as bad manners.

If the food is good enough, I want more so I will lick the lid, and the damned container if I didn't get my fill! D<

I am a self-hating lid licker. I publicly judge those who lick lids as slobs who are uncouth and should be shunned, but I lick lids myself in private.

How curious... I would say I am the same as you. Judging others who lick lids, but licking them in "private". At least that is how I was raised..

Back
Top Bottom